April 28, 2024, 03:48:29 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 900738 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #990 on: November 12, 2008, 08:04:46 PM »

dem is the same men - when they lorsing - does be quarreling how wenger not spending money to buy big players and how he only studying to make a profit.
not that we can't buy them we won't buy them based on his principles in an era of over inflated transfer market prices and salaries etc

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 12, 2008, 11:40:04 PM »
In what capacity is Chelsea and Liverpool not around to test the theory?
They were knocked out from one cup competition. Both should have won on paper, but they along with other winning sides such as Man U and Arsenal did not field their first XIs. While that should not discount why they lost - the season is far from over.

That is unless Arsenal won the FA Cup, Premier League, and Champions League yesterday too!

Who is to say that Chelsea, position is not financially covered?
-Speculators?
Chelsea has not wobbled one bit in the face of the worst financial climate of the last 100 years. They are on course to be self-reliant and not depend on their more than capable OWNER to spend money from his pocket on the team.

:rotfl: I'm not a Chelsea fan so I don't know their plan to balance their books. How is Chelsea on course to be self-reliant? Last I saw, their debt was £736m  :rotfl: When last did they make a profit?  :devil:

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 12, 2008, 11:57:25 PM »
umm...... rethink what u just said there and think about the side u support and all the huge amt of monies they spend on bringing in quality players.
Doh study it.

Cesc and Henry was part of their youth development system .... Part of the same crop as Gallas, Nasri, Adebayor, Walcott, Van Persie, Sagna. All them players were never bought - they playing for Arsenal since they on apprentice contracts.

Just because of a one-off result from yesterday, Arsenal youth development program all of a sudden put Ajax to shame.

who said it put anyone to shame?

it might though, to bad chelsea and liverpool not around to test the theory

walcot bought as a youth so to cesc  and fast tracked through the system because he is good enough as are the rest who make it on to the first team and the others, those who didnt make it went on to other teams starting line ups. sidwell bentley hoyte aliadiere upson maumba etc etc

Yes, the side yesterday was youth DEVELOPMENT. For example, Wilshere's been at the club since 9

Cesc, Henry (was a struggling winger), Nasri, Adebayor, Walcott, Van Persie, Sagna wasn't youth DEVELOPMENT, it was investing in cheap young players with potential. I think you forgetting that Cesc was 16, Theo was 16. I'll add a few more to the list.
Diaby, Clichy, Denilson, Djourou, Ramsey, Vela (signed at 16/17). This isn't praising their youth system, it is their way to balance the books without a sugar daddy.

One more thing, that game yesterday wasn't about a "one -off result" If you watched the game you would know what's making stunner so excited.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 12:12:23 AM by MarylandTrini »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 13, 2008, 12:16:51 AM »
All who complain that Chelsea is Rent Boys just Blue. This is about winning and the only way to win consistently is to have the best players. If getting the best player mean spending your money then so be it. Don't complain about me because I have and you don't or you don't want to spend. Some Millionaires have palaces and big cars, while others are humble. You choose, so live with it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 13, 2008, 06:17:55 AM »
All who complain that Chelsea is Rent Boys just Blue. This is about winning and the only way to win consistently is to have the best players. If getting the best player mean spending your money then so be it. Don't complain about me because I have and you don't or you don't want to spend. Some Millionaires have palaces and big cars, while others are humble. You choose, so live with it.

excuse me while i climb back on my horse, its a bit high you see

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 13, 2008, 06:21:08 AM »
Could Wenger shape new England?
Phil McNulty - Sport Online chief football writer 12 Nov 08, 10:24 AM

Fabio Capello travelled to Arsenal on Tuesday night to watch Chris Kirkland in action - and may just have got a glimpse into England's golden future.

Not in the shape of Kirkland, but in the form of a glittering array of young talent who gave Wigan's goalkeeper a busy, and ultimately unhappy, evening against Arsenal.

And the man who can shape some of the key components of England's next generation is a manager who has been wrongly accused of ignoring home-grown talent in favour of polishing gems found on foreign soil.

Arsene Wenger has always judged players on ability as opposed to passport, and the start of an eloquent answer to his critics may have been on display as Arsenal demolished Wigan in the Carling Cup.

Wenger, as part of his usual strategy, has given youth its fling in the Carling Cup.

The results have been spectacular, with Sheffield United thrashed 6-0 and Wigan beaten 3-0 in dazzling displays of attacking football that have set the Emirates alight.

And, to the undoubted delight of Capello, there is a heavy English accent about Arsenal's current crop of youngsters.

It is a fact Wenger is keen to underscore, telling BBC Sport: "It is fantastic for the club, and don't forget that in this squad there are many strong English players."

Only time will tell whether these players develop sufficiently to become Arsenal regulars or force their way into England contention - who can make that definitive judgement yet? - but if they are good enough, Wenger will play them.

The signs, and the sounds coming out of the club, suggest this is a group of English players Wenger will be more than happy to place his trust in.

And with Aaron Ramsey of Wales also in the ranks, Wenger is ready to give the lie to those accusing him of ignoring young British talent.

David Bentley is the name often thrown in Arsenal and Wenger's face as a gifted home-grown talent whose route was blocked by imports.

But was he good enough at that time and have Arsenal really missed him? The answer to that, in my opinion, is "no".

Let's not forget he had an undistinguished season on loan at Norwich City before building his reputation at Blackburn Rovers and moving to Spurs. There have been very few days when Arsenal have cried out for Bentley.

And you could hardly quote Steve Sidwell, James Harper, Matthew Upson and Fabrice Muamba as examples of the ones who got away. Good players yes, but never likely to become Arsenal regulars.

Now we have the new breed, and Wenger is as excited as he has ever been about a group of young players under his tutelage.

Sheffield United manager Kevin Blackwell saw their quality at painfully close quarters in the Carling Cup third round, and he told BBC Sport: "We knew they were a good set of lads at Arsenal, but nobody knew how good they were.

"They were awesome at times and would have beaten most teams. A lot of people would like to know how Arsene Wenger can do it.

"He has gone around the world to pick out the best - but there are also four or five top-class English kids in there so that can only bode well for the future of the national team.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #996 on: November 13, 2008, 09:25:16 AM »
This has nothing to do with sugar daddy.

Roman Abromavich happens to be their OWNER. He can do/ spend what he likes on his team.
That 736M debt has a big huge asterik next to it. Why? Because Roman could choose to write it off if he pleases. It's money that is owed to him. For the sake of accounting purposes, the money that was injected into the team needs to be placed on the balance sheets.

Chelsea's plan is to become self-reliant by 2011, and indications so far from club management show that they are on course. If they hiccup, their owner is there and he can choose to bail them out or not.

Newcastle and Man U have done the same thing ... it's only that their owners don't have the resources that Abromavich has. The ones that complain wouldn't be complaining if the owners of their clubs had the resources to bring in the players they wanted to their club. Minus Robinho, who has Chelsea wanted that they have not got?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 13, 2008, 01:13:17 PM »

Roman Abromavich happens to be their OWNER. He can do/ spend what he likes on his team.
That 736M debt has a big huge asterik next to it. Why? Because Roman could choose to write it off if he pleases. It's money that is owed to him. For the sake of accounting purposes, the money that was injected into the team needs to be placed on the balance sheets.

Chelsea's plan is to become self-reliant by 2011, and indications so far from club management show that they are on course. If they hiccup, their owner is there and he can choose to bail them out or not.

Newcastle and Man U have done the same thing ... it's only that their owners don't have the resources that Abromavich has. The ones that complain wouldn't be complaining if the owners of their clubs had the resources to bring in the players they wanted to their club. Minus Robinho, who has Chelsea wanted that they have not got?

I know he can write off the bill if he pleases, but your comment was that they are on course to be self-reliant and not need his money. Do you think that in 3 years Chelsea football club could make profits averaging £245 M ?
On last year's evidence, are they on course?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 13, 2008, 02:28:27 PM »
I know he can write off the bill if he pleases, but your comment was that they are on course to be self-reliant and not need his money. Do you think that in 3 years Chelsea football club could make profits averaging £245 M ?

One really cannot question question the accounting principles of Chelsea PLC.
They will use their own method of accounting, as specified by the FA to determine operating expenses, assets, debts and profit.
Abramovich's investments and committments dating back to '03 are stated below:

Under the deal, Mr Abramovich, a 36-year-old entrepreneur worth an estimated £3.8bn, will pay about £30m in cash for half the club's shares, and a further £80m to cover its debts.
He intends to buy the remaining shares in due course and is expected to write to shareholders in the next few days, offering them 35 pence a share - or about another £30m - for their holdings. The Russian billionaire, who has no other known football investments, has also signalled that he will use his wealth to help the club realise its "huge" potential.

Shares in Chelsea Village rose 12p to 40p in early trading on Wednesday before slipping back to close at 35p.
The London Stock Exchange (LSE) said it did not comment on whether it was investigating specific companies.
"We cannot comment on individual cases, but we monitor our markets very closely for unusual share price movements," an LSE spokesman said.
"If we thought there was a cause for concern, we would refer the matter to the Financial Services Authority (FSA) who have statutory powers of investigation

You can stagger your debt and carry it forward over the course of a few years in order to "write-off" debt and turn a smaller profit on your books, with regards to outstanding monies and where taxes are due. All business do so. I am not aware of the tax-code and or status of football clubs in the UK and whether or not they are run as tax-exempt entities, but if they are a taxable entity, then not showing a profit for as long as need be, while coping with the eveyday operating expenses - and remaining to be highly competitive and relevant would lead me to believe that the gentlemen steering the ship are doing a fine job.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:31:16 PM by acb »

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 13, 2008, 03:02:46 PM »

One really cannot question question the accounting principles of Chelsea PLC.
They will use their own method of accounting, as specified by the FA to determine operating expenses, assets, debts and profit.
Abramovich's investments and committments dating back to '03 are stated below:

Under the deal, Mr Abramovich, a 36-year-old entrepreneur worth an estimated £3.8bn, will pay about £30m in cash for half the club's shares, and a further £80m to cover its debts.
He intends to buy the remaining shares in due course and is expected to write to shareholders in the next few days, offering them 35 pence a share - or about another £30m - for their holdings. The Russian billionaire, who has no other known football investments, has also signalled that he will use his wealth to help the club realise its "huge" potential.

Shares in Chelsea Village rose 12p to 40p in early trading on Wednesday before slipping back to close at 35p.
The London Stock Exchange (LSE) said it did not comment on whether it was investigating specific companies.
"We cannot comment on individual cases, but we monitor our markets very closely for unusual share price movements," an LSE spokesman said.
"If we thought there was a cause for concern, we would refer the matter to the Financial Services Authority (FSA) who have statutory powers of investigation

You can stagger your debt and carry it forward over the course of a few years in order to "write-off" debt and turn a smaller profit on your books, with regards to outstanding monies and where taxes are due. All business do so. I am not aware of the tax-code and or status of football clubs in the UK and whether or not they are run as tax-exempt entities, but if they are a taxable entity, then not showing a profit for as long as need be, while coping with the eveyday operating expenses - and remaining to be highly competitive and relevant would lead me to believe that the gentlemen steering the ship are doing a fine job.

In 2003, they didn't have a debt in excess of 700 M. Anyway, enough about CSKA London, this is the Arsenal thread.
Arsenal has what seems to be a fine job plan to erase their stadium debt. They have a fixed rate long term loan, but that might not even come to factor in it, because they developed Highbury into apartment homes and they're more than 95% sold. Money is due to come in 2009, around 200-300 M

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 13, 2008, 09:12:56 PM »

Nonsense!!!

Chelsea is a sugardaddy club. Plain and Simple.

Balance books my ass. Only if Palin or Bush is the accountant!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 13, 2008, 10:37:19 PM »
which owner does not invest their own money in their business to see it succeed?
Abramovich has done that plain and simple.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 14, 2008, 12:47:55 AM »
which owner does not invest their own money in their business to see it succeed?

Actually, owners invest in their business to make a profit.
Anything else is a sugar daddy, plain and simple.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 14, 2008, 04:00:01 PM »
Villa tomorrow

hope they don't find thier form as well

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 14, 2008, 04:42:25 PM »
Villa tomorrow

Adebayor and Almunia are back. Ade should be on the bench though.
Would like to see Vela get a run out.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: November 14, 2008, 07:41:53 PM »
Villa tomorrow

van persie too?

i say use nasri and walcot on the wings
cesc diaby and denilson middle
sagna, clichy toure silvestre back
with ade up front

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 14, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »
Villa tomorrow

van persie too?

i say use nasri and walcot on the wings
cesc diaby and denilson middle
sagna, clichy toure silvestre back
with ade up front

Van Persie is still suspended. I think he is due back for the Chelski game.

I don't think Ade will start, he was doubtful until today, so might not risk it.

Either

Almunia
Sagna_Silly_Willy_Clichy
Theo_Cesc_Diaby_Nasri
Bendtner_Vela

or

Almunia
Sagna_Silly_Willy_Clichy
Theo_Cesc_Denilson_Nasri
Diaby
Bendtner

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1007 on: November 14, 2008, 08:02:37 PM »

United have very little in common with Newcastle and even less Chelsea. United's debt is because the owners leveraged their investment when they bought it. They have not operated at a loss for a decade plus as Chelsea has. Remember that when Abramovich bought the club they had 80M debt already.

Also United has shown by their turnover and annual profit that they have the ability to service their debt. Chelsea do not and as a result their debt grows annually.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 15, 2008, 10:15:11 AM »
bentner killing we right now

ade comming on so all is well
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 15, 2008, 10:39:49 AM »
waz de score in dis game :devil:
n e 1?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 15, 2008, 10:42:05 AM »
gunners dong 1 nil  :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 15, 2008, 10:45:36 AM »
gunners dong 1 nil  :devil:
2 now  :whistling:

my daughter must be fuming
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:49:18 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 15, 2008, 10:47:33 AM »
Better we play the younger kids instead of the kids who play today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 15, 2008, 10:50:54 AM »
2 nil.hahahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah.meh belly hurtin.hahahahahahaahahahahaahahahah.at home too.hahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahaahah
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 15, 2008, 11:02:43 AM »
a top 10 finish would be a creditable achievement for arsenal this year.

this thread should be renamed... "ARSENAL FOREVER...... YOUNG"

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 15, 2008, 11:08:18 AM »

I see you get out of "Fiji" in time to be a voyeur  :devil:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 15, 2008, 11:09:01 AM »
Yet Wenger is about pursuing his model of youth movement.  The team needs some balance.  

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 15, 2008, 11:09:23 AM »
we give allyuh ah confidence booster lastweek to come an do this shit this week.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 15, 2008, 11:10:25 AM »

I see you get out of "Fiji" in time to be a voyeur  :devil:

:rotfl:

no... that would be your manager. ;)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 15, 2008, 11:10:38 AM »

Actually, owners invest in their business to make a profit.
Anything else is a sugar daddy, plain and simple.

you make a profit over time.
There's an initial period called the payback period, during which time the capital layout is recouped.
Given that Abramovich only purchase Chelsea 5 years ago, the club is well on course to be financially sound.

1]; } ?>