March 29, 2024, 03:58:11 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891951 times)

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #1050 on: November 20, 2008, 12:12:59 PM »
cant be sagna
eduardo no
eboue??? possibly but he loving up with the other african players toure and adeso maybe
how old is ade?
van persie hmmmm possible but not likely
was song on the pitch?

Eboue - No - he's the most liked in the dressing room
Edu - No - obvious resasons - hasn't played since Feb and not even in training yet
Sagna - Maybe
RVP - Maybe - most likely. He had a blinder against Spurs though, and from the celebrations nothing seemed odd

Unless Gallas doesn't know the player's age, or is not very good at math. Very likely.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 21, 2008, 09:21:24 AM »
Hughes: City must rough up Gunnersby RivalsDM

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has told his side they must "break Arsenal's tempo" if they are to claim victory over Arsene Wenger's men.

Hughes boasted a decent home record against the Gunners when he was in charge of Blackburn but his City side lacks the kind of physicality that often rattled Arsenal in his Ewood Park days and which, as Stoke recently proved, still gets results.

But Hughes will not just allow his current crop of players to stand back and let the Londoners pass their way to three points as City look to end a four-match winless run and pull clear of the bottom end of the table.

He said: "Once Arsenal get into a rhythm of play and tempo of passing then it's very difficult to shake them out of that and have an impact and grasp the initiative away from them. It becomes very difficult to impose your will on them.

"You have to try to break up their tempo and their ability to dictate the possession of the game.

"If you can do that it's to your own benefit because they've got outstanding individual talent as well as a great work ethic and an ability to circulate the ball from one side of the pitch to the other and change the focus of their attack and that's why they're so dangerous.

"What you have to do is make sure you can break things up and cause problems for them going the other way."

Hughes twice enjoyed home wins over Arsenal in his four-year stint as Blackburn boss but believes playing away from home may suit the current Gunners' line-up, whose title hopes were hit by a second home defeat of the season against Aston Villa last weekend.

The City boss added: "When teams go to the Emirates Stadium they know they are going to be under pressure and they get everybody behind the ball and hope for a break and they (Arsenal) have been caught out in recent weeks as a consequence of that.
"Away from home they can draw the home side on to them and then break with pace and power which they have in abundance. Probably at this moment in time they are more dangerous away from home."

City have played some impressive football at Eastlands this season, scoring 16 times in six games.

But they have also been defensively vulnerable, traits they can ill afford to show in a crucial eight-day spell which sees them face Arsenal and then local rivals Manchester United either side of a UEFA Cup trip to Germany to face Schalke.

"We've got a big test this week but we understand that. We are at home in the Premier League and this year we've done okay at home. I think we can cause problems to any team," said Hughes who should welcome back defensive stalwart Richard Dunne from suspension.

"The motivation for the games is easy because you look at the quality of the opposition. It's very easy in that respect.

"As a professional footballer and manager you want to pit yourselves against the best and that's what we will be doing in the coming week.

"In between two great games in the Premier League we have a good game away in Europe in front of a full house, in a fantastic stadium. It's an exciting week for everybody."

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 22, 2008, 10:20:23 AM »
all hands on deck, the ship is sinking...

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 22, 2008, 10:29:13 AM »
Arsenal in serious trouble, down 2-nil to ManC could of been 3, one was just disallowed.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 22, 2008, 10:48:40 AM »
5 mins to go.come on city.arsenal in real disarray this season.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 22, 2008, 10:56:47 AM »
3-nil......i didnt expect that cut ass to pass
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 22, 2008, 11:11:53 AM »
3-nil......i didnt expect that cut ass to pass

read futher up

i said a robhino hatrick

head spinning, no leadership no cohesion hope this isn't transfered to champs league

we go to chelsea next week? lovely

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 22, 2008, 11:19:38 AM »
all hands on deck, the ship is sinking ship is stinking!!...

Now....pretend yuh is jack warner......say it ten times fast!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 22, 2008, 02:40:15 PM »
Wenger not easy nah, the man say that they were in command of the game and the game was tight.   :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 23, 2008, 07:53:43 AM »
i haven't seen the game but i can just imagine

bentner throwing away  we not making more than 3 passes bad passes defensive cock ups etc

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 24, 2008, 08:28:48 AM »
Wenger: Fabregas Is Arsenal's New Captain, Gallas Recalled
Arsene Wenger has named Cesc Fabregas as the new Arsenal club captain following William Gallas' demotion from the role...
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has also confirmed that Gallas will play in the Gunners' Champions League clash with Dynamo Kyiv at the Emirates Stadium tomorrow night, with the armband passing to Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Speaking at an eagerly anticipated press conference, Wenger affirmed: "Fabregas will be the captain, permanently. I do not have to explain to you why.

"I believe the captain is the voice of the club towards the outside, and is one of the leaders of the team.

"Cesc is young, yes, but I do not believe in just one man in the dressing-room who sorts out all of the problems.

"A successful team has shared leadership and Fabregas will be one of the leaders - not the only one."

Asked if he regretted making Gallas skipper in the first place, the wily gaffer replied, "No.

"Gallas will play on Tuesday; he's a player who I rate and admire. He was under big pressure from the press and you do not want that high pressure to affect him or the team.

"However, he can come back stronger now."

The key events that led Wenger to relieving him of his duties included the defender's sit-down protest at Birmingham City last season, his tabloid-friendly partying and, finally, his behind-the-scenes exposé which hinted at inter-squad tensions.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1061 on: November 24, 2008, 09:27:38 AM »
Arsene Wenger has named Cesc Fabregas as the new Arsenal club captain following William Gallas' demotion from the role...
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has also confirmed that Gallas will play in the Gunners' Champions League clash with Dynamo Kyiv at the Emirates Stadium tomorrow night, with the armband passing to Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Speaking at an eagerly anticipated press conference, Wenger affirmed: "Fabregas will be the captain, permanently. I do not have to explain to you why.

"I believe the captain is the voice of the club towards the outside, and is one of the leaders of the team.

"Cesc is young, yes, but I do not believe in just one man in the dressing-room who sorts out all of the problems.

"A successful team has shared leadership and Fabregas will be one of the leaders - not the only one."

Asked if he regretted making Gallas skipper in the first place, the wily gaffer replied, "No.

"Gallas will play on Tuesday; he's a player who I rate and admire. He was under big pressure from the press and you do not want that high pressure to affect him or the team.

The key events that led Wenger to relieving him of his duties included the defender's sit-down protest at Birmingham City last season, his tabloid-friendly partying and, finally, his behind-the-scenes exposé which hinted at inter-squad tensions.

If it was Ferguson, Gallas would be gone in January.

No doubt bout it.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 24, 2008, 10:16:44 AM »

No doubt bout it.

agreed ..if it was Fergie they wouldnt have been trophy-less for 4 seasons either lol  ;D

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 24, 2008, 07:27:09 PM »

No doubt bout it.

agreed ..if it was Fergie they wouldnt have been trophy-less for 4 seasons either lol  ;D

i suppose so but then we would have sold and bought alot more players like so many pieces of commodity

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #1064 on: November 24, 2008, 09:53:35 PM »
batsignal to the Sugar Daddies.

Wenger paying the price for thrifty ways
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=AqweJeyzWYwX1qagVDzlq2gmw7YF?slug=ro-weekendreview112408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
By Martin Rogers, Yahoo! Sports

For years, Arsene Wenger has operated as if Arsenal’s transfer fund was his own private stash of money.

Lavish spending on the biggest names in the market? Not for Wenger. Indeed, the manager has appeared to turn his nose up at that kind of retail therapy, preferring instead to develop his own players from the youth ranks.

The concept of an all-conquering Arsenal squad comprised primarily of talent that emerged from the club’s own system is Wenger’s dream. The problem is that it’s taking too long to accomplish and seems as far away from fruition as ever.

Arsenal has not won a major trophy in three seasons and its last English Premier League crown came in 2004. After another week of misery ended with a 3-0 defeat at Manchester City, Wenger finds himself in a deep hole. He’s not going to be sacked despite whatever speculation you may read, but the state of the program he has overseen for more than a decade is on the line.

The only way out of this predicament is to do what he dislikes so much – start splashing the cash.

This Arsenal squad is very good and certainly capable of making inroads into the latter stages of the UEFA Champions League. However, it lacks the depth, ruthlessness and strength at all positions to compete for this season’s EPL title.

In any one-off game, Arsenal is still capable of matching most teams on the continent, regardless of what recent results suggest. Winning the league is a different story, though, requiring the sort of metronomic consistency last seen at Arsenal during its 2004 unbeaten season. Unsettling matters, such as former captain William Gallas’ disciplinary problems, do nothing to ease the awkward situation.

At this point, the Gunners must worry about preventing themselves from slipping out of the Premiership’s top four as Aston Villa continues its impressive form. Ten points back from Chelsea and Liverpool, the title is probably already gone.

Wenger’s spending powers were restricted during the period leading up to Arsenal’s move from Highbury to the Emirates Stadium, but he is no longer operating under such budget-conscious conditions. He stubbornly refused to spend last summer, even after Alexander Hleb moved to Barcelona and Mathieu Flamini joined AC Milan on a free transfer. As a result, the midfield core relies too heavily on Cesc Fabregas, who himself is on the shopping list of some of Europe’s top clubs.

Support is needed. Not in the guise of a bargain buy plucked from France or Africa, but a proven midfield star who has shown the ability to perform at the highest level.

Arsenal can afford it. Can Wenger afford not to?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: November 25, 2008, 09:23:11 AM »

They think this will stop him from going to Barca.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #1066 on: November 25, 2008, 09:58:58 AM »
batsignal to the Sugar Daddies.

Wenger paying the price for thrifty ways

Simply put, players of the caliber of Song and Bendtner are not the quality enough to take any team to the title and that's who Arsenal are relying on right now.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 25, 2008, 10:04:12 AM »
Ah waiting to see all the shite they going an play this week???? Give Gallas de capt armband please..

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 25, 2008, 05:34:46 PM »

you just want him anywhere but in the prem and in the red n white of the gunners

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 25, 2008, 07:04:48 PM »
If Arsenal want a ball winner in midfield to complement Cesc they should play Kolo in that position. Once Rosicky returns and with Nasri or Van P or Walcott they will have penetration out wide.

Look if they were to get healthy they could have a very experienced squad. Play Kolo and Song in the central midfield. Cesc behind Adebayor, with Rosicky wide and even Van persie wide (he plays there for Holland).

The problem for them is they have too many players injured and yes they need a quality central defender.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 25, 2008, 07:42:21 PM »

you just want him anywhere but  in the red n white of the gunners
[/quote]

so u eh think that a quality player like fabregas should be playing for a quality club ?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 26, 2008, 03:56:08 AM »

you just want him anywhere but  in the red n white of the gunners

so u eh think that a quality player like fabregas should be playing for a quality club ?
[/quote]

and he isn't now??

so the rest of the italian and spanish league top 4 teams that didnt win anything aren't quality sides??

sorry all hail the wagonistas

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 26, 2008, 01:00:22 PM »
Cesc Fabregas will take inspiration from Tony Adams as he bids to captain Arsenal to their first silverware since 2005.

Like Fabregas, Arsenal legend Adams was 21 when he was handed the captain’s armband by then manager George Graham. ‘Mr Arsenal’ went on to captain the side for 14 years, becoming the first skipper in English football to secure League titles in three different decades (1988/89, 1997/98 and 2001/02).

Although Fabregas admits that achieving just half of what Adams did as the captain would be ‘amazing’, he was keen to highlight the importance of forging his own path with the armband.

“From what people say he was amazing,” said the 21-year-old after Tuesday’s victory over Dynamo Kyiv. “I never really saw him play because I was too young but from what people say he was amazing and everybody says amazing things about him.

“Hopefully one day - not so much be like him, because I like to be my own player and person - but of course I want to achieve the things that he achieved.”

“I want to lift a trophy. At the end of the season we will see what we can achieve. At the moment we are in all of the competitions, people can say whatever they want about the title race but we have only played 14 games. It is not over yet and it is up to us to finish where we will finish. We will see, at the moment nothing is done and we will fight until the end.”

After suffering their fifth Premier League defeat of the season on Saturday, many questioned Arsenal’s ability to overcome the 10-point gap between them and leaders Chelsea and suggested that the Champions League was a more realistic aim for the Gunners. Not so according to Fabregas.

“Well Europe is a different game to the Premier League,” said the midfielder. “All the teams in the League know that they have to defend a lot and put pressure on us all the time, it is as if all week they train on only defending.

“Of course in the Champions League it is a little bit different, teams like to play a bit more and come out a bit more. Maybe it is true that it suits us a little bit more but as I said, if you want to win something you must be able to play against anybody.”

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 26, 2008, 04:07:47 PM »
Finally Arsenal decide on a CEO.... after 18 months since David Dein leave.
Now hopefully Wenger can concentrate on the football.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 27, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »
blah thank god meh management meeting doh clash wit arsenal v chelsea

friggin frigs

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #1075 on: November 29, 2008, 07:05:19 PM »
 :devil:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 29, 2008, 08:49:04 PM »
Allyuh ready for allyuh cutass tomorrow?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 30, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »
if by cut ass you mean captain fabregas and co sickly show you overpaid arrogant football whores how to really play football then yeah we ready

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 30, 2008, 09:58:59 AM »
if by cut ass you mean captain fabregas and co sickly show you overpaid arrogant football whores how to really play football then yeah we ready

:o :challenge:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 30, 2008, 10:13:30 AM »
Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole has taunted Premier League rivals Arsenal by claiming their fancy football means nothing without medals to show for it.

The Gunners have failed to win a trophy since claiming the 2005 FA Cup, despite being widely regarded as one of the best footballing sides in the country.

Arsene Wenger's men are also in danger of being written out of this season's title race should they fail to gain a positive result from a tricky trip to Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

With that in mind, England international Cole has taken a swipe at Arsenal's silverware-winning credentials by claiming that he would never want to play for a club who were not consistently challenging for honours.
Nutmeg

"In fairness to Arsenal, they are playing nice football but look at the past four years and who's won the trophies?" he told the News of the World.

"They are fantastic to watch but I wouldn't want to be playing for a team that didn't win anything. Winning trophies is what counts.

"You are not going to be sitting on the beach in the summer at the end of the season speaking about that Cruyff turn you did back in December, or that nutmeg you did in January, are you?

"What's the point in that? You want to be thinking about winning trophies. That's what it's all about. We want to put some silverware on the table this year. And that's what we intend to do."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4570878,00.html

i love Arsenal but Joe Cole said it best

1]; } ?>