April 18, 2024, 04:42:45 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 895956 times)

giggsy11

Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #1680 on: August 13, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »
a lil something to put ah smirk on allyuh arsenal fans faces today....

Hleb: I was wrong to leave Gunners

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Hleb-I-was-wrong-to-leave-Gunners-article112017.html

Alexander Hleb admits he made a mistake in leaving Arsenal last summer.

The Belarus midfielder has returned to Stuttgart, four years after he left the Bundesliga side, on a year-long loan deal after a difficult season at Barcelona. Hleb rarely featured as the Catalans stormed to the treble and he believes he should never have left North London.

He told ESPN: "Of course I regret leaving Arsenal. I was playing every week for one of the most exciting sides in Europe, a team which was always in the top four in the Premier League and were Champions League contenders."

He added: "Also, I was being guided by one of the best coaches in the world in Arsene Wenger. I owe him a great deal.

"I developed a better all-round game under him and I became more robust physically, learnt to look up more and play better passes and generally improved greatly as a team player. No player ever gets worse under Wenger. For me, leaving Arsenal was not a good move.

"A footballer only exists when he takes to the field and makes a proper contribution to the team and even though I was part of a Barca squad that was almost unstoppable, it was hard not to feel detached from all the happiness and celebration at the end."

Arsenal also had a poor season as they finished in fourth place in the Barclays Premier League, 18 points behind Manchester United who also dumped them out of the Champions League at the semi-final stage, winning 4-1 on aggregate. However, Hleb feels Arsenal can usurp United this season.

"Obviously, I still look out for Arsenal each week and I hope they can do well this time," he added.

"I think they will be in the top four again and could even push for the title if they don't have the terrible injuries of last season.

"People forget the long unbeaten run they had after Christmas last season, which was a good sign for this season."

If you want to give them a bigger 'smirk' post the article about Bendtner giving people refunds for buying his jersey with his old number since he has a new number. Oh joy, I wander how many fans he actually has who were willing to spend money on a jersey with his name on the back. Gunner you have one?

giggsy11

« Reply #1681 on: August 13, 2009, 02:45:59 PM »
Good luck on your season Gunner hope you doe well enough to keep Man City on the outside looking in!

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 14, 2009, 07:49:42 AM »
This is long (13 pages) but a very good read. Wenger reveals alot in this interview. Full transcript:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article6796014.ece

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: August 14, 2009, 08:20:44 AM »

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Hleb-I-was-wrong-to-leave-Gunners-article112017.html

The Belarus midfielder has returned to Stuttgart, four years after he left the Bundesliga side, on a year-long loan deal after a difficult season at Barcelona. Hleb rarely featured as the Catalans stormed to the treble and he believes he should never have left North London.

He told ESPN: "Of course I regret leaving Arsenal. I was playing every week for one of the most exciting sides in Europe, a team which was always in the top four in the Premier League and were Champions League contenders."

He added: "Also, I was being guided by one of the best coaches in the world in Arsene Wenger. I owe him a great deal.

"I developed a better all-round game under him and I became more robust physically, learnt to look up more and play better passes and generally improved greatly as a team player. No player ever gets worse under Wenger. For me, leaving Arsenal was not a good move.

"A footballer only exists when he takes to the field and makes a proper contribution to the team and even though I was part of a Barca squad that was almost unstoppable, it was hard not to feel detached from all the happiness and celebration at the end."

Arsenal also had a poor season as they finished in fourth place in the Barclays Premier League, 18 points behind Manchester United who also dumped them out of the Champions League at the semi-final stage, winning 4-1 on aggregate. However, Hleb feels Arsenal can usurp United this season.

"Obviously, I still look out for Arsenal each week and I hope they can do well this time," he added.

"I think they will be in the top four again and could even push for the title if they don't have the terrible injuries of last season.

"People forget the long unbeaten run they had after Christmas last season, which was a good sign for this season."

On his best day Hleb can rub shoulders with the best of central middies, but to walk into Barcelona and break up the Xavi Iniesta combo, yuh hadda come better than good...yuh hadda be really really special.  I don't remember the details but it might be that Hleb wanted a shot at winning a major title and saw that opportunity at Barca moreso than at Arsenal...Now he realizes that there's as much if not more joy in playing week in week out for a team that is knocking on the door, than sitting on the bench for a team that's winning...I'm not sure if all players feel that way but I think I would agree with him.  Oh well Stuttgart is the place where he first began to shine in the mainstream, so he can probably turn a bitter sweet homecoming into something special and see where it takes him......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: August 14, 2009, 01:07:13 PM »
Good luck on your season Gunner hope you doe well enough to keep Man City on the outside looking in!
same to you son

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: August 14, 2009, 01:34:32 PM »

I ent smirking. In my opinion, Hleb was one of the the biggest losses for Arsenal, almost as big as Henry.

To me it looked like Wenger was grooming him up to be the next Bergkamp. He finally got Hleb to play the Arsenal way and then the man left for greener pastures. I suppose you can look at his exit as lose-lose. But he have a CL trophy and Arsenal does not.

His distribution and decision making were much improved in his time with Wenger and combined with his dribbling skills and ability to keep the ball (providing a secure outlet to a harried defense).

But he made the calculation then and he's checking the totals now. He have the trophies. He wasn't looking too comfortable in that Stuttgart game last weekend though, but I'm sure he'll adjust.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: August 14, 2009, 01:47:55 PM »
can't wait for lunch time tomorrow!!!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: August 15, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »
Oh gorm Arsene!
Yuh winning, smile nah

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: August 15, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »
Arsenal rampant in de first.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: August 15, 2009, 11:28:38 AM »
Arsenal rampant in de first.

cosign...BUT the knock still ent as crisp as it could be..this is a really different arsenal so far boy, 2 goals from free kicks and one from a shot... :o

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: August 15, 2009, 11:45:27 AM »
Fabregas with #4!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: August 15, 2009, 12:07:50 PM »
Yuh mean #5

This is a cutass!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: August 15, 2009, 12:11:17 PM »
As the american commentators say... Tim Howard is one of the best keepers in the world....  :rotfl:

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: August 15, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »
GOOOOONERS it is a pitty, Everton did not show up today

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: August 15, 2009, 12:16:10 PM »
GOOOOONERS it is a pitty, Everton did not show up today

Black Chinee is you.... good to see you around  :beermug:

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: August 15, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »
6-0

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: August 15, 2009, 12:34:48 PM »
woiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..........................gooooner 4 lifeeeeeeeeeeee...die hard goooner.........woi woi...... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :rotfl:.........we now start allyuh u haters ...we now start..we comin 4 the title...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: August 15, 2009, 12:38:54 PM »
The race goes not to the swift....

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: August 15, 2009, 12:40:08 PM »
one down 37 to go

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: August 15, 2009, 12:58:32 PM »
Any questions?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: August 15, 2009, 01:48:57 PM »
 ;D

big side
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: August 15, 2009, 01:52:41 PM »
 ;D

quietly confident about this season...will feel better when we buy a defensive mid and another fwd

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

giggsy11

« Reply #1702 on: August 15, 2009, 02:36:12 PM »
As the american commentators say... Tim Howard is one of the best keepers in the world....  :rotfl:

Kiss of the goatmout commentators! I didn't see the match, but damn Everton geh 6? Weeey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: August 15, 2009, 03:18:19 PM »
Everton deserve that licks today... any team who approve that ugly ass uniform deserve to be shafted whole season...

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: August 15, 2009, 03:22:47 PM »

Kiss of the goatmout commentators! I didn't see the match, but damn Everton geh 6? Weeey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilites
Bendtner v Baines  :o

http://videos.sapo.pt/V5qBuRcGAhw3uaOGPJ1O
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:29:08 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: August 15, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »
Good result for Arsenal- scoreline was a bit flattering- they were very effective and the run of the ball was very much in their favor today (almost everything on target went in- that usually doesn't happen).... but there's no better way to start a season.

Looks as if the Arsenal mode of over-playing the game, and sometimes over complicating the approach play has diminished somewhat- they were less afraid to play a more direct game without the seemingly and and sometimes useless frills...not sure if that's an indication of what the season has in store, but it worked....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: August 15, 2009, 03:55:31 PM »
Looks as if the Arsenal mode of over-playing the game, and sometimes over complicating the approach play

Does the 4-3-3 encourage a more direct game forward passes? Instead of overplaying the lateral passes in a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 that extra forward in a 4-3-3 perhaps presents the midfielder with more direct upfield passing  options. Just a theory.
Fixed  ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:07:29 PM by takenoprisoners »

giggsy11

« Reply #1707 on: August 15, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »

Hilites
Bendtner v Baines  :o

http://videos.sapo.pt/V5qBuRcGAhw3uaOGPJ1O

Thanks for the high and low lites! Well done  Arsenal, hope you can do it for the full season. Love that term 'the ball had the information'. Is there any side this year who's new uniform isn't ugly? Damn Everton!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: August 15, 2009, 04:02:10 PM »
seems like cesc and jarque( espanyol player that died recently) were really good pals. now remember espanyol is in barcelona also.

really nice gesture on his 2nd goal
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

giggsy11

« Reply #1709 on: August 15, 2009, 04:11:01 PM »
seems like cesc and jarque( espanyol player that died recently) were really good pals. now remember espanyol is in barcelona also.

really nice gesture on his 2nd goal

I was wondering who he loss or if he suddenly found religion.

1]; } ?>