April 20, 2024, 03:22:04 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 896433 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #1830 on: September 12, 2009, 09:58:20 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 12, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »
city did well today...arsenal a bit unlucky i must say...toure and lescott is not no hot partnership as ppl will soon find out...going forward city were excellent, de jong did very well (unsung hero)...i am glad to see rosicky back, the man is a dan, my god...cant wait to have arshavin, nasri back (plus a competent DM please mr wenger)

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 12, 2009, 10:18:50 AM »
I predict Adebayor getting in trouble for:

1) Standing on Cesc's ankle
2) Kicking RVP in the face
3) Running the length of the field to celebrate in front of the away fans

It would've been a very different game if he was rightly sent off at 1-1. And we had two VERY good shouts for penalties.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 12, 2009, 10:23:18 AM »
Adebeyor returns to haunt his former team...and taunts the Arsenal fans in the process. ;D  Man City might be for real.  Hughes has them looking like a decent unit.

Adebayor was a bit unsportsman-like in his celebration... not a pretty sight.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 12, 2009, 01:27:46 PM »
Van Persie reaction to Adebayor incident

Robin van Persie has issued the following statement following an incident with Emmanuel Adebayor at Saturday's game:

"I am sad and disappointed by my former team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor's mindless and malicious stamp on me during today's match.

"We are both professional footballers and I know that the game is physical, I too have made hard and sometimes mis-timed challenges but never with the intention of hurting an opponent. He set out to hurt me today.

"I knew he was aiming for a collision because he changed the angle of his body to allow contact to be made.  He moved backwards when his natural momentum would have taken him forward. I find that deeply disrespectful. He has shown a real lack of class today, to me and the fans.

"I do feel lucky that I have not suffered a greater injury. The contact was only centimetres from my eye. I have not received an apology from him, there were no words exchanged afterwards. He had his own agenda today and that is bad for football. It's bad for the game we all love.

"I want to make it clear that this has nothing to do with the result of today's match.  We do not hide from that disappointment but I need to speak out about his behaviour."

Arsenal.com
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 01:30:11 PM by MarylandTrini »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 12, 2009, 01:38:19 PM »
Fabregas to Barça Jan 2010 transfer window.

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 12, 2009, 01:38:35 PM »

Robin van Persie has issued the following statement following an incident with Emmanuel Adebayor at Saturday's game:

"I am sad and disappointed by my former team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor's mindless and malicious stamp on me during today's match.

"We are both professional footballers and I know that the game is physical, I too have made hard and sometimes mis-timed challenges but never with the intention of hurting an opponent. He set out to hurt me today.

"I knew he was aiming for a collision because he changed the angle of his body to allow contact to be made.  He moved backwards when his natural momentum would have taken him forward. I find that deeply disrespectful. He has shown a real lack of class today, to me and the fans.

"I do feel lucky that I have not suffered a greater injury. The contact was only centimetres from my eye. I have not received an apology from him, there were no words exchanged afterwards. He had his own agenda today and that is bad for football. It's bad for the game we all love.

"I want to make it clear that this has nothing to do with the result of today's match.  We do not hide from that disappointment but I need to speak out about his behaviour."

Arsenal.com

i don't find it looked intentional... certainly look real clumsy but i severely doubt he woulda set out to stamp ah man in he face like that..

then again, he didnt look too apologetic..

lewwe hear what Adebayor have to say about it.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: September 12, 2009, 01:45:39 PM »

Arsenal.com

i don't find it looked intentional... certainly look real clumsy but i severely doubt he woulda set out to stamp ah man in he face like that..

then again, he didnt look too apologetic..

lewwe hear what Adebayor have to say about it.

He didn't look too apologetic standing on Cesc's ankle either

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 12, 2009, 02:10:19 PM »
un-sportsmanlike conduct....

look how security had to hold back some arsenal fans from going after this clown.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pLk598kDTYk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pLk598kDTYk</a>

Now watch the stamp..

He should get at least one game for this

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fW1KEz8Aezs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fW1KEz8Aezs</a>
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:01:10 PM by big dawg »
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 12, 2009, 02:25:44 PM »
The fans were bigger c**ts towards him all of last season... but still, he's the professional and for sheer deterrence factor he should rightly be reprimanded by his team and/or the FA.

It's a disservice to the league and the sport in general.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: September 12, 2009, 05:31:25 PM »
The fans were bigger c**ts towards him all of last season... but still, he's the professional and for sheer deterrence factor he should rightly be reprimanded by his team and/or the FA.

It's a disservice to the league and the sport in general.

sorry? i beg your pardon? you forgot the shite he played last season? the half hearted performances? the comments about when other clubs are interested in you?

all fans ever want to see is you give a hundred percent everygame thats all (see nobody really too vex about how tnt played against usa on thurs cus they gave it a go)

if adebayor performed most of the games he played in last season like he played today, the fans would never have have villified him

arsenal made him a world wide name in football

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: September 12, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »
city did well today...arsenal a bit unlucky i must say...toure and lescott is not no hot partnership as ppl will soon find out...going forward city were excellent, de jong did very well (unsung hero)...i am glad to see rosicky back, the man is a dan, my god...cant wait to have arshavin, nasri back (plus a competent DM please mr wenger)

cosign, doh forget RvP effort he work he socks off today, the goals were lack of concentration and getting caught to far up, also seems bendtner is back to his shitsnake ways, wish he ficked adebayor in he stones and got a red card would done us a huge favor

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: September 12, 2009, 06:13:35 PM »
haha... arsenal players and fans alike is the best oui.... of course, deflect the attention from the CUT-ASS allyuh colleck! just like the Man U game a couple weeks ago! back then was Fletcher right? Allyuh could never lose gracefully! Is always somebody else fault!!!! same shit, different year.  Arsenal is shit for 5 years running and will be shit as long as Wenger and his Policies remain. take allyuh licks and crawl in a corner please! That lil-boy squad aint ready yet! Do yuh forkin ting Addy, only you felt what them fikkle Arsenal fans put yuh through.  Express yuhself horsey. Hopefully Eboue does the same once he leave too! Which odder team does be booing they own players like that?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:31:48 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: September 12, 2009, 06:38:44 PM »
haha... arsenal players and fans alike is the best oui.... of course, deflect the attention from the CUT-ASS allyuh colleck! just like the Man U game a couple weeks ago! back then was Fletcher right? Allyuh could never lose gracefully! Is always somebody else fault!!!! same shit, different year.  Arsenal is shit for 5 years running and will be shit as long as Wenger and his Policies remain. take allyuh licks and crawl in a corner please! That lil boysquad aint ready yet! Do yuh forkin ting Addy, only you felt what them fikkle Arsenal fans put yuh through.  Express yuhself horsey. Hopefully Eboue dothe same once he leave too! Which odder team does be booing they own players like that?

Amen....Setta wagonist and Hollywood supporters with no real ties to that team.  That shit woudda never happen at Chelsea, Man U or 'Pool.  I ain't hera Chelsea supporters booing Terry, and he take kinda long to quash rumors of a move to Man City.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 12, 2009, 06:43:19 PM »
if it was me, i woulda do de same forkin ting and take ah fine after...

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: September 12, 2009, 07:38:03 PM »
haha... arsenal players and fans alike is the best oui.... of course, deflect the attention from the CUT-ASS allyuh colleck! just like the Man U game a couple weeks ago! back then was Fletcher right? Allyuh could never lose gracefully! Is always somebody else fault!!!! same shit, different year.  Arsenal is shit for 5 years running and will be shit as long as Wenger and his Policies remain. take allyuh licks and crawl in a corner please! That lil boysquad aint ready yet! Do yuh forkin ting Addy, only you felt what them fikkle Arsenal fans put yuh through.  Express yuhself horsey. Hopefully Eboue dothe same once he leave too! Which odder team does be booing they own players like that?

Amen....Setta wagonist and Hollywood supporters with no real ties to that team.  That shit woudda never happen at Chelsea, Man U or 'Pool.  I ain't hera Chelsea supporters booing Terry, and he take kinda long to quash rumors of a move to Man City.

Horse, Drogba wuz worse than Terry! Was like 3 years straight he was batting eyes with all kinda teams! a whole season and a half too-tooing down heself.  Yuh ever hear Drogba get Boo from chelsea Fans?  Steups.  Arsenal fans have a real false sense of entitlement!  Get over yourselves!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:40:11 PM by SOBRIQUET »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 12, 2009, 08:13:01 PM »

Horse, Drogba wuz worse than Terry! Was like 3 years straight he was batting eyes with all kinda teams! a whole season and a half too-tooing down heself.  Yuh ever hear Drogba get Boo from chelsea Fans?  Steups.  Arsenal fans have a real false sense of entitlement!  Get over yourselves!

errrr...arsenal fans are used to winning trophies (at least since 2005) so i think they have a right to be a bit disgruntled (its not like we are burnley or stoke for gods sake come on)...and please dont compare adebayor to drogba...drogba was a household name before chelsea whereas adebayor was relatively unknown...i am not saying arsenal made him but we certainly helped raise his profile.   i personally wish him well at man city, they look like they will be a force to be reckoned with this season...and for the record no one is blaming him for the loss today, tactics and poor defensive performance cost us today end of story.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 12, 2009, 11:08:03 PM »
haha... arsenal players and fans alike is the best oui.... of course, deflect the attention from the CUT-ASS allyuh colleck! just like the Man U game a couple weeks ago! back then was Fletcher right? Allyuh could never lose gracefully! Is always somebody else fault!!!! same shit, different year.  Arsenal is shit for 5 years running and will be shit as long as Wenger and his Policies remain. take allyuh licks and crawl in a corner please! That lil-boy squad aint ready yet! Do yuh forkin ting Addy, only you felt what them fikkle Arsenal fans put yuh through.  Express yuhself horsey. Hopefully Eboue does the same once he leave too! Which odder team does be booing they own players like that?

take eboue nah? yuh cyuant

and no we never blamed anyone but ourselves, and the ref, which was out of our control, we hit the post ade cleared off the line a few times and given made huge saves, so they got lucky we paid the price now fork off back you your cave of ignorance

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 12, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »
if it was me, i woulda do de same forkin ting and take ah fine after...

big talk from a small man

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: September 13, 2009, 07:01:02 AM »
hell hath no fury  :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: September 13, 2009, 09:45:13 AM »
hell hath no fury  :rotfl:

more like, a woman scorned:)

giggsy11

« Reply #1851 on: September 13, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
Ade showed exactly why Arsene9 had to no problem letting him go. Immature and selfish little pr*ck! Last year was last year, move the f*ck on already! I hope he gets a few games for showing his immature and being so selfish!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: September 13, 2009, 06:56:46 PM »
arsenal NOT finishing in de top 4 this year.you heard it here first.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: September 13, 2009, 08:06:16 PM »
arsenal NOT finishing in de top 4 this year.you heard it here first.

::)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: September 14, 2009, 12:49:15 AM »
To me, Van Persie look 4 dat stamp. If you prepared to dive in on a man so recklessly (and Van Persie is a petulant fella), den yuh hadda be prepared for the consequences. On another day, Adebayor could have ended up wid a broken ankle.

And when Adebayor went on dat amazing run only for SWP to miss d whole goal....watch how Bendtner tried to hack him down twice! Good ting Bendtner is such a sh!ttong, Adbeyaor had no problem jumping over him  :rotfl:

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: September 14, 2009, 01:04:19 AM »
ok . .. i supporting arsenal fuh a real long time now . . and well from what i see so far this year. . . arsenal could still be a force. . buh dey lackin in a couple areas. . . 1 major area is depth . . cuz de squad  . .although young have a good idea .. . a few more experienced ones to steady the ship of youths. . .but when the experienced ones get injured. . .the youngens cyah hold there own . . .  but to say they not finishin in the top 4. . . too early for that . . . another area dey real lackin is a holding midfielder .. . they currently have nobody who could play that consitently . . and lastly  .. they need somebody to put the ball in de friggin net. . . yuh could play all de pretty football yuh want .. buh if yuh doh puh de ball in de net . . yuh gonna lose. .

as far as adebayor is concerned. . . men could say it justified. . people could say they treat him bad. . . it have no excuse for me. . as a footballer and football supporter and lover of the game. . . that jes leave a sour taste in mih mouth .  . . he real upset me   .  i could let the celebration ting slide. . not cuz he apologize. . buh cuz i know bout emotions and ting running over yuh in a game and does make yuh do things like dat . . . i celebrate in front of opposition fans before. . and i take my yellow card and cool it. . . buh to stamp a man in he face. . daiz real low. . .

kudos to man city though to stickin to their plan . . it worked to perfection. . . and they finish their chances. . .

i is ah arsenal supporter and i goin to say that these last 2 matches show that we still inexperienced. . and not on the same level as the other big teams. . .  manchester plays good they win . . chelsea plays good and they win . . but arsenal play good. . .and yuh never know what goin to happen . .. dominated large portions of both games in manchester but failed to kill off the opposition . . .

but like i said .. still early days yet

and i eagerly waitin for the likes of nasri, walcott and now arshavin to come back from injury. . .

and welcome back rosicky nice to see yuh back on the field
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: September 14, 2009, 01:34:11 AM »

Adebayor confronted about the controversy...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/wsBPhiUM5jY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/wsBPhiUM5jY</a>

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: September 14, 2009, 04:57:47 AM »
marc hughes thinks the world is full of idiots

the man say ade ran to a section of city fans he has a special affinity towards, that just happen to be next to the away section

he also says ade is emoyional and said sorry on camera and he should be forgiven

ade says he doesnt know what he did wrong, and shouldnt be banned, we if you did nothing wrong why appologise?

if he accidentally stepped on RvP face in the game he would have said something to the player rigth away but the tall ignorant amoral cyant stands way off with no remorse, a guilty face if yuh ever saw one

f**k him and them, i hope manchester united deal up they collective cyants

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: September 14, 2009, 05:00:23 AM »
Gunner,
Sometimes you just have to take your liks and cool it. You coming like small mag with this arsenal ting.
Enjoy the football.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: September 14, 2009, 10:31:47 AM »

errrr...arsenal fans are used to winning trophies (at least since 2005) so i think they have a right to be a bit disgruntled (its not like we are burnley or stoke for gods sake come on)...and please dont compare adebayor to drogba...drogba was a household name before chelsea whereas adebayor was relatively unknown...i am not saying arsenal made him but we certainly helped raise his profile.   i personally wish him well at man city, they look like they will be a force to be reckoned with this season...and for the record no one is blaming him for the loss today, tactics and poor defensive performance cost us today end of story.

horse... sorry, but Liverpool have much more history than Arsenal and haven't won the League in years!  When last you see Pool fans BOOING their players? steupsss.  Arsenal fans, as i said before, have a FALSE sense of entitlement.  Get over yourselves!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:41:14 AM by SOBRIQUET »

1]; } ?>