March 28, 2024, 11:39:20 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891703 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #1860 on: September 14, 2009, 11:09:30 AM »
horse... sorry, but Liverpool have much more history than Arsenal and haven't won the League in years!  When last you see Pool fans BOOING their players? steupsss.  Arsenal fans, as i said before, have a FLASE sense of entitlement.  Get over yourselves!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I not one for generalizing about fans because each club has the same people supporting them, just in different colours, but...Arsenal fans treatment of Eboue last year was absolutely disgraceful.

The Adebayor situation is real funny. In saying that he was responsible for inciting trouble we basically that he should EXPECT the fans to behave like assholes he should account for THEIR immature, dotish behaviour. At no point does anybody point fingers at teh jackasses who pelt chairs, food, drink and rush to the front of the stand.

So Adebayor score a goal and rub it in your face after yuh giving him grief for the entire game, what kind of loutish asshole you have to be to want to fight for that?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: September 14, 2009, 12:07:03 PM »
something to take allyuh mind off the Man City cutass...

Eduardo's two-match ban for diving overturned

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/10069052/Eduardo%27s-two-match-ban-for-diving-overturned

An independent appeals panel for European football's governing body uphold an appeal that was presented in person by Eduardo and Arsenal's lawyers.

UEFA said it looked at video evidence and considered the match referee's opinion before siding with the Croatia forward.

"It was not established to the panel's satisfaction that the referee had been deceived in taking his decision on the penalty," UEFA said in a statement.

Eduardo is now clear to play in Arsenal's opening group stage match at Standard Liege on Wednesday and the home match against Olympiakos on Sept. 29.

UEFA's disciplinary panel ruled Sept. 1 that Eduardo dived when winning a penalty in a qualifying match against Celtic last month.

Eduardo fell after a challenge from goalkeeper Artur Boruc and then scored from the penalty spot. Arsenal went on to win the second-leg match 3-1, advancing 5-1 on aggregate.

The incident provoked a media storm after the Scottish Football Association, representing Celtic, urged UEFA to study video evidence.

Arsenal said the disciplinary panel had delivered a "deeply flawed" ruling after failing to review the pictures thoroughly.

The club also argued that Eduardo, who broke his leg in February 2008, took evasive action to avoid a repeat of the serious injury that had sidelined him for a year.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger described UEFA's pursuit of his player as a "witch hunt," while England fans targeted him for verbal abuse during a World Cup qualifier against Croatia last week.

Eduardo was booed every time he touched the ball in Croatia's 5-1 defeat at Wembley, and was denied what appeared to be a legitimate penalty claim. He later scored Croatia's consolation goal.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: September 14, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »
Gunner,
Sometimes you just have to take your liks and cool it. You coming like small mag with this arsenal ting.
Enjoy the football.

we got licks fair and square, city exploited the weakness and naievity at the back as we searched for a winner, befor we knew it was a one two three punch, but before the own goal city looked aprehensive, once they got that goal they smelt the blood, something arsneal cant seem to do

also arsenal never stopped trying to score even at 4-1 then 4-2 we kept up the pressure which was the problem to begin with with gallas and vermaelen pushing higher

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: September 14, 2009, 01:54:48 PM »
On Monday evening, UEFA made the following announcement:

“The UEFA Appeals Body today accepted the appeal lodged by Arsenal FC against the two-match suspension handed to striker Eduardo.

“Following examination of all the evidence, notably the declarations of both the referee and the referees' assessor, as well as the various video footage, it was not established to the panel's satisfaction that the referee had been deceived in taking his decision on the penalty.

“Therefore, the decision of the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body of 1 September, in which the player was suspended for two UEFA club competition matches, is annulled.”

Arsenal Football Club then released the following statement:

“We are grateful that the Appeals Body focused on the evidence and made the right decision in this case. We were able to show that there was contact between the goalkeeper and Eduardo and that the decision of the UEFA Disciplinary body should be annulled.

“We fully support the drive for fair play in football and believe it is important that UEFA provide clear and comprehensive standards that will be consistently enforced going forward.  

“We are glad to put this incident behind us and concentrate on the games ahead.”
FROM ARSENAL WEBSITE

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: September 14, 2009, 02:05:26 PM »
haha... arsenal players and fans alike is the best oui.... of course, deflect the attention from the CUT-ASS allyuh colleck! just like the Man U game a couple weeks ago! back then was Fletcher right? Allyuh could never lose gracefully! Is always somebody else fault!!!! same shit, different year.  Arsenal is shit for 5 years running and will be shit as long as Wenger and his Policies remain. take allyuh licks and crawl in a corner please! That lil boysquad aint ready yet! Do yuh forkin ting Addy, only you felt what them fikkle Arsenal fans put yuh through.  Express yuhself horsey. Hopefully Eboue dothe same once he leave too! Which odder team does be booing they own players like that?

Amen....Setta wagonist and Hollywood supporters with no real ties to that team.  That shit woudda never happen at Chelsea, Man U or 'Pool.  I ain't hera Chelsea supporters booing Terry, and he take kinda long to quash rumors of a move to Man City.

Horse, Drogba wuz worse than Terry! Was like 3 years straight he was batting eyes with all kinda teams! a whole season and a half too-tooing down heself.  Yuh ever hear Drogba get Boo from chelsea Fans?  Steups.  Arsenal fans have a real false sense of entitlement!  Get over yourselves!

errrr...arsenal fans are used to winning trophies (at least since 2005) so i think they have a right to be a bit disgruntled (its not like we are burnley or stoke for gods sake come on)...and please dont compare adebayor to drogba...drogba was a household name before chelsea whereas adebayor was relatively unknown...i am not saying arsenal made him but we certainly helped raise his profile.   i personally wish him well at man city, they look like they will be a force to be reckoned with this season...and for the record no one is blaming him for the loss today, tactics and poor defensive performance cost us today end of story.

horse... sorry, but Liverpool have much more history than Arsenal and haven't won the League in years!  When last you see Pool fans BOOING their players? steupsss.  Arsenal fans, as i said before, have a FALSE sense of entitlement.  Get over yourselves!
when last did liverpool won the league or did a double?

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: September 14, 2009, 04:30:53 PM »
haha... arsenal players and fans alike is the best oui.... of course, deflect the attention from the CUT-ASS allyuh colleck! just like the Man U game a couple weeks ago! back then was Fletcher right? Allyuh could never lose gracefully! Is always somebody else fault!!!! same shit, different year.  Arsenal is shit for 5 years running and will be shit as long as Wenger and his Policies remain. take allyuh licks and crawl in a corner please! That lil boysquad aint ready yet! Do yuh forkin ting Addy, only you felt what them fikkle Arsenal fans put yuh through.  Express yuhself horsey. Hopefully Eboue dothe same once he leave too! Which odder team does be booing they own players like that?

Amen....Setta wagonist and Hollywood supporters with no real ties to that team.  That shit woudda never happen at Chelsea, Man U or 'Pool.  I ain't hera Chelsea supporters booing Terry, and he take kinda long to quash rumors of a move to Man City.

Horse, Drogba wuz worse than Terry! Was like 3 years straight he was batting eyes with all kinda teams! a whole season and a half too-tooing down heself.  Yuh ever hear Drogba get Boo from chelsea Fans?  Steups.  Arsenal fans have a real false sense of entitlement!  Get over yourselves!

errrr...arsenal fans are used to winning trophies (at least since 2005) so i think they have a right to be a bit disgruntled (its not like we are burnley or stoke for gods sake come on)...and please dont compare adebayor to drogba...drogba was a household name before chelsea whereas adebayor was relatively unknown...i am not saying arsenal made him but we certainly helped raise his profile.   i personally wish him well at man city, they look like they will be a force to be reckoned with this season...and for the record no one is blaming him for the loss today, tactics and poor defensive performance cost us today end of story.

horse... sorry, but Liverpool have much more history than Arsenal and haven't won the League in years!  When last you see Pool fans BOOING their players? steupsss.  Arsenal fans, as i said before, have a FALSE sense of entitlement.  Get over yourselves!
when last did liverpool won the league or did a double?

you are just helping my point.  because of their rich history, liverpool fans should be more angry than arsenal fans, because they haven't won the domestic league in quite some time.  yet you absolutely do not see pool fans vehemently booing their players on bad spells. 
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: September 14, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
you are just helping my point.  because of their rich history, liverpool fans should be more angry than arsenal fans, because they haven't won the domestic league in quite some time.  yet you absolutely do not see pool fans vehemently booing their players on bad spells. 

Reason is lost on this dude unless you are in absolute agreement with him where Arsenal is concerned.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: September 14, 2009, 06:04:10 PM »
horse... sorry, but Liverpool have much more history than Arsenal and haven't won the League in years!  When last you see Pool fans BOOING their players? steupsss.  Arsenal fans, as i said before, have a FLASE sense of entitlement.  Get over yourselves!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I not one for generalizing about fans because each club has the same people supporting them, just in different colours, but...Arsenal fans treatment of Eboue last year was absolutely disgraceful.

The Adebayor situation is real funny. In saying that he was responsible for inciting trouble we basically that he should EXPECT the fans to behave like assholes he should account for THEIR immature, dotish behaviour. At no point does anybody point fingers at teh jackasses who pelt chairs, food, drink and rush to the front of the stand.

So Adebayor score a goal and rub it in your face after yuh giving him grief for the entire game, what kind of loutish asshole you have to be to want to fight for that?

Man does real see them team through Rose coloured glasses we.

What about the booing Lucas get last year from the KOP?
What about the booing Agbonlahor get from the Villa fans?
Chelsea players were all booed on the first day of training camp this year.

The boo boys at all clubs and country (Cole for England got booed) exist. Disgusting yes but it goes on at all clubs all the time.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: September 14, 2009, 06:06:19 PM »

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: September 14, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »

Nah... you can't be serious.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: September 14, 2009, 06:44:03 PM »

What about the booing Agbonlahor get from the Villa fans?
Chelsea players were all booed on the first day of training camp this year.

The boo boys at all clubs and country (Cole for England got booed) exist. Disgusting yes but it goes on at all clubs all the time.

wow. man just make up stray facts oui. chelsea players get boo on the firstday of TRAININGcamp? come better than that fella!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 06:46:12 PM by SOBRIQUET »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:02:57 PM by maxg »

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: September 14, 2009, 07:50:35 PM »

Chelsea!!!!

Doh come with that shit here.

Most Chelsea fans on here are late coming waggonists also!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: September 14, 2009, 10:12:37 PM »
allya Harsh on de man
He just thought that he was still at Arseanal and had to celebrate with the fans :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

giggsy11

« Reply #1874 on: September 15, 2009, 05:24:13 AM »

Chelsea!!!!

Doh come with that shit here.

Most Chelsea fans on here are late coming waggonists also!!!

Yep-after drinking the Jose flavoured Kool Aid! Right Chow?  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: September 15, 2009, 06:12:44 AM »

when last them thing happen at utd?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 15, 2009, 06:33:40 AM »

Ronaldo, post World Cup wink

giggsy11

« Reply #1877 on: September 15, 2009, 06:50:46 AM »

Ronaldo, post World Cup wink

Nope, the United fans were very supportive after the World Cup and that tone was set by Fergie and the senior players on the team. Actually the English United fans have no love for the English side due to the abuse sufferred by United players from the supporters when they played for England in the 90's early 2000's. Don't know after Ronaldo flirted with Real and would not come out and state if he wanted to go or stay if booing was used to express any displeasure.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: September 15, 2009, 07:11:06 AM »
ADEBAYOR CONTROVERSY
Adebayor charged twice by FA over conduct
By Soccernet staff

September 15, 2009

Emmanuel Adebayor has been charged with violent conduct by the FA over his challenge on Robin Van Persie and has also been charged with improper conduct after running the full length of the pitch to celebrate his goal in front of the Arsenal supporters.

Adebayor is facing a three-match ban for violent conduct for the incident involving Van Persie - where he was seen to rake his studs down the Dutchman's face - and, unless the Togo international can successfully argue his case, he is almost certain not to be available for City at least until their trip to Wigan on October 18.

An FA statement read: ''Under the fast-track disciplinary process, Adebayor has been charged with violent conduct following an incident with Robin van Persie, which resulted in the Arsenal player receiving facial injuries.

''Referee Mark Clattenburg has advised The FA that he did not see this incident, but has confirmed that had he done so, he would have sent Adebayor off for violent conduct. The player has until 6pm on Wednesday evening to respond to the charge.''

Adebayor also faces a charge for his goal celebration, which saw Gunners fans explode in anger after the Togo man ran the length of the pitch to goad them, having netted the third goal in City's 4-2 win.

''The Greater Manchester Police have written to The FA with their views on this incident. A separate date will now be arranged for a commission to consider Adebayor's goal celebration,'' the statement continued.

''We have also asked the GMP and the clubs to identify those supporters involved in any violent and aggravating behaviour. The FA would like to see anyone found guilty of such behaviour face action through the legal system and banning orders from football.

''The FA would like to thank the Manchester City FC stewards for the way they managed a very difficult situation and to pass on sincere best wishes to the steward who was injured during the game.

''We will continue to work with the LMA and PFA in particular to help remind players of their responsibilities, especially in highly charged situations.''

I think this is shyte the part with RVP especially seeing that the ref was standing right there. Why have refs if you are going to review every point of contention of the match except  questionable goals? That's hypocritical of the governing bodies.

As a ref I would think that the Bodies have no confidence in my ability to effectively officiate the match. The ref association needs to step in quickly caus pretty soon they will only be window dressing - if that much - out on the pitch. There is no way the bodies can keep banning players after the fact.

Two top class teams need to take the field and play with out any tackles or contact, giving an explanation that they don't want their players to be banned after the game so they are ensuring this by not making contact with anyone.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 15, 2009, 07:18:27 AM »

Reason is lost on this dude unless you are in absolute agreement with him where Arsenal is concerned.

gee i guess rafas madness is spreadin to pool fans

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 15, 2009, 07:30:15 AM »
Ian Wright (ex Arsenal player) on Adebayor..... calls many arsenal fans "corporate" and "fickle"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2637205/Fans-can-dish-it-out-but-not-take-it.html

EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR made a big mistake running 90 yards to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans.

Deep down, though, I'm not sure whether the former Gunners striker will ever really regret it.

Adebayor could have caused a major riot at Eastlands on Saturday and I'm sure he'll end up getting a ban for his actions, particularly when you also consider what he also did to his old team-mate Robin van Persie.

The crowd problems between West Ham and Millwall are fresh in the memory and the football authorities will be keen to act on what will be seen as provocation from a player.

However crazy his actions were, Adebayor - after getting bucketloads of stick for his £25million move - was only doing something which many other players would love to have done.

It's just Adebayor had the bottle to go for it.

After I left Crystal Palace for Arsenal, I got a fair amount of stick.

Some fans wrote stuff on the wall of my mum's house accusing me of being a Judas.

It wasn't nice that my family was getting dragged into things.

The first time I scored against Palace, I did not run over to their fans - even though I thought about it.

Putting the ball in the net gave me the real satisfaction.

I must admit, I did celebrate in front of other away fans and after the game, I would usually get a dressing room visit from a policeman.

It's just that some fans want everything. They love to scream abuse at players and say things about the players' wives and kids - but if they get something back, they don't like it. And they cannot handle it.

Togo international Adebayor has clearly been storing a lot anger inside and he wanted to give an instant answer to all of the Arsenal fans.

He was criticised when it looked as though he was going to move last summer.

When Emmanuel Eboue was jeered at the Emirates last season, Adebayor was clearly annoyed and was not afraid to back his team-mate. He was right, as no fans should ever turn on one of their own.

I think many supporters these days - particularly at Arsenal - are a bit corporate.

This means they are less tolerant towards players and are far quicker to dish the dirt and this is not acceptable, either. Had Adebayor, 25, not slid on his knees in front of the fans, he would not have got any less stick.

Equally, though, he has now given them more ammunition and you can guarantee that throughout the rest of his career, whenever he faces his old club, the abuse will be endless.

The return match in north London in late April will now certainly be interesting.

Aside from the Adebayor situation, the bottom line for Arsene Wenger's Arsenal side is they lost against a team who will be challenging them for that lucrative Champions league place.

They played well at Manchester United and also lost.

Some Arsenal fans are fickle and they often have a go at me just because I say the team will not win every single trophy on offer.

The facts are that they are in for a tough season and whatever fans might think of him, the loss of a 20-goal striker like Adebayor is a huge blow.

But I think it's fair to say he probably won't ever be returning to play for the club.

Wenger's two defeats are nothing compared to Roy Keane's problems at Ipswich.

He was a great player and I would love him to dispel the theory that great players cannot become good managers.

After walking out on Sunderland, I'm wondering how long before he does exactly the same at Ipswich

Second from bottom in the Championship without a win all season, things are looking exceptionally tough for Keane in Suffolk.

I just hope Keane - and Ipswich's board - have patience.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 15, 2009, 07:46:03 AM »
Please ... most people don't take anything Ian Wright have to say seriously.
He was a great player but that's about it.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 15, 2009, 07:47:44 AM »
Adebayor charged twice by FA over conduct

Emmanuel Adebayor has been charged with violent conduct by the FA over his challenge on Robin Van Persie and has also been charged with improper conduct after running the full length of the pitch to celebrate his goal in front of the Arsenal supporters.

Adebayor is facing a three-match ban for violent conduct for the incident involving Van Persie - where he was seen to rake his studs down the Dutchman's face - and, unless the Togo international can successfully argue his case, he is almost certain not to be available for City at least until their trip to Wigan on October 18.

An FA statement read: ''Under the fast-track disciplinary process, Adebayor has been charged with violent conduct following an incident with Robin van Persie, which resulted in the Arsenal player receiving facial injuries.

''Referee Mark Clattenburg has advised The FA that he did not see this incident, but has confirmed that had he done so, he would have sent Adebayor off for violent conduct. The player has until 6pm on Wednesday evening to respond to the charge.''

Adebayor also faces a charge for his goal celebration, which saw Gunners fans explode in anger after the Togo man ran the length of the pitch to goad them, having netted the third goal in City's 4-2 win.

''The Greater Manchester Police have written to The FA with their views on this incident. A separate date will now be arranged for a commission to consider Adebayor's goal celebration,'' the statement continued.

''We have also asked the GMP and the clubs to identify those supporters involved in any violent and aggravating behaviour. The FA would like to see anyone found guilty of such behaviour face action through the legal system and banning orders from football.

''The FA would like to thank the Manchester City FC stewards for the way they managed a very difficult situation and to pass on sincere best wishes to the steward who was injured during the game.

''We will continue to work with the LMA and PFA in particular to help remind players of their responsibilities, especially in highly charged situations.''

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 15, 2009, 07:57:24 AM »
I don't understand all this calling Arsenal fans "fickle". Some people are just running out of patience, but win lose or draw they are behind the team.
Imagine Chelsea fans (who changed managers 5 times in 2 years) calling out Arsenal.

Yes Arsenal was spoilt with success under Wenger between 98 and 04, and that is why people are becoming impatient. But the club chose to go in a direction that will pay off in the long term.

I see today they going to implement the "home grown" rule and about to rule on requiring clubs to be self sufficient.
Arsenal have been preparing for this.

So yes, like everyone else, we want to win something. But most know that patience is required because decisions were made years ago to move out of Highbury and not sell out to an owner.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 15, 2009, 08:33:19 AM »

Nah... you can't be serious.

What yuh saying it ok to boo some players  ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 15, 2009, 09:23:57 AM »
I don't understand all this calling Arsenal fans "fickle". Some people are just running out of patience, but win lose or draw they are behind the team.
Imagine Chelsea fans (who changed managers 5 times in 2 years) calling out Arsenal.

Yes Arsenal was spoilt with success under Wenger between 98 and 04, and that is why people are becoming impatient. But the club chose to go in a direction that will pay off in the long term.

I see today they going to implement the "home grown" rule and about to rule on requiring clubs to be self sufficient.
Arsenal have been preparing for this.

So yes, like everyone else, we want to win something. But most know that patience is required because decisions were made years ago to move out of Highbury and not sell out to an owner.

What de f**k dat have to do with the fans and their treatment of the players?!! ::)

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 15, 2009, 12:46:37 PM »
Wenger admits surprise at Adebayor's "animosity"

Arsene Wenger believes Emmanuel Adebayor will one day look back and realise just what he owes to Arsenal Football Club.

The Manchester City striker, who headed to Eastlands in a £25 million summer move, is facing the possibility of an extended ban after being at the centre of two controversial incidents during Saturday's 4-2 Barclays Premier League win over his former club.

The Football Association have charged the Togo international with violent conduct after he struck former team-mate Robin van Persie in the face with his boot, as well as for misconduct after he ran the length of the field to celebrate in front of the visiting Arsenal fans following his goal.

Adebayor, 25, was plucked from relative obscurity at Monaco by Wenger in January 2006. A couple of seasons later, and the 6ft 3ins African was one of the hottest properties in Europe following a 30-goal haul.

Following a summer of speculation over a big-money move to AC Milan, Adebayor agreed a new deal only to then suffer a lack of consistent form amid reports of dressing room unrest before eventually leaving for Eastlands.

Wenger, though, believes in time, Adebayor will come to re-evaluate the role Arsenal played in his development. "My thought is that Emmanuel Adebayor deserves to be charged for what he did,'' reflected Wenger as he spoke to the media ahead of Wednesday night's Champions League Group H opener against Standard Liege in Belgium.

"But I was surprised that there was such animosity in his attitude towards Arsenal because in a few years he will realise that Arsenal has been great for him. That is why I was deeply surprised and shocked.''

The Gunners boss continued: "Only he can say if he will regret leaving. All I can say is that is life and professional football players move on. In life, the goal is to be objective enough in seeing who helped you and who didn't help you, who had a positive influence on you or not.

"You can sometimes be disappointed in the short term. But still I believe that when you take distance with the events, you always get to the right judgement. I think the longer distance will make Adebayor realise that Arsenal was a very positive influence in his life.''

soccernet.com

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 16, 2009, 04:48:41 AM »
Arsène Wenger has backed Robin van Persie’s strongly-worded reaction to the challenge on him by Emmanuel Adebayor at the weekend.

During Saturday’s match at Eastlands, the studs of the Manchester City striker connected with the head of his former Arsenal colleague. That evening, the Dutchman issued a statement on Arsenal.com describing the challenge as a “mindless and malicious stamp”.  Speaking ahead of Wednesday’s game at Standard Liege, Wenger gave rock-solid support to Van Persie.

“Of course I back him,” said the manager. “In football, everybody is free to have an opinion. If somebody stamps on your head in that way, you wouldn’t say ‘thank you very much, can I turn the other cheek’. Only Jesus Christ did that.”

On Tuesday the Football Association charged Adebayor with violent conduct over the incident. By that time Wenger had seen the challenge again on video and he was far from happy.

“It looks very bad,” he said. “You ask 100 people, 99 will say it’s very bad and the 100th will be Mark Hughes.

“Of course we are disappointed because when you go to the head, you are always scared for people. You never know how it will affect their health.

“I think it was a very bad challenge, surprisingly bad and I didn’t expect him to do that. But, for me, the referee should have sent him off for the Fabregas tackle [earlier in the game].”

wenger d boss, taken from arsenal.com

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 16, 2009, 03:35:08 PM »
PHEW!

in the words of man utd a few weekends ago! we go take them points and run

after a crazy first 3 minutes arsenal were 2 nil down, thanks to a retarded eduardo backheel at the top of the area from a corner that was promtly smashed past 3rd sting keep manone (almunia chest cold fabianksi knee surgery) and then the slightest of touches from gallas conceeding a penalty

bendtner pull sone back before the half
eduardo equalises
and vermaelen wins it after a dubious ball to hand control by sogn at the far post

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 17, 2009, 05:33:40 AM »
PHEW!

in the words of man utd a few weekends ago! we go take them points and run

after a crazy first 3 minutes arsenal were 2 nil down, thanks to a retarded eduardo backheel at the top of the area from a corner that was promtly smashed past 3rd sting keep manone (almunia chest cold fabianksi knee surgery) and then the slightest of touches from gallas conceeding a penalty

bendtner pull sone back before the half
eduardo equalises
and vermaelen wins it after a dubious ball to hand control by sogn at the far post

Vermaelen equalise. Then he had a backheel from around the penalty spot cleared off the line (not bad for a CB).
Eduardo scored the winner from close range with his knee.

Good to see Ramsey and Wilshere get a lil run out.

1]; } ?>