April 19, 2024, 10:22:54 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 896152 times)

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #2160 on: December 14, 2009, 06:44:30 AM »
So we obviously need a center forward in January ... based on who available .. who would you take over:

Van Nistelrooy
Luca Toni
Adriano

Hopefully Wenger tries to get Adriano ... he's hungry and will play for a world cup place.

Van Nistelrooy - based on how I remember him.
Since I haven't seen him play for a while.

I guess we can add Huntelaar to that list.

I hear Madrid trying to offload Benzema .. but they will want as much money as they get robbed for.

Apparently Van der Vaart is a target.

I've always liked VDV but do we really need another midfielder?
What we need is a CF who can hold up play, and bring others into the game. Notice how at the begining of the season we were scoring goals for fun, and even though RVP wasn't scoring much at the start his link-up play was superb.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: December 14, 2009, 09:19:19 AM »
Van Der Vaart has been a dud at Madrid- not impressed with him at all...preferred Wesley Sneijder...Madrid let the wrong man go in my opinion. 

Gallas was lucky on the pk call because he made no contact with the ball, and clearly obstructed SG, but Gerard lost control of the ball before he was touch, so a scoring chance wasn't really denied....

Yuh could argue that all day.   
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:22:21 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: December 14, 2009, 09:30:48 AM »
Van Der Vaart has been a dud at Madrid- not impressed with him at all...preferred Wesley Sneijder...Madrid let the wrong man go in my opinion. 

Gallas was lucky on the pk call because he made no contact with the ball, and clearly obstructed SG, but Gerard lost control of the ball before he was touch, so a scoring chance wasn't really denied....

Madrid made a bad move letting Sneijder go. I'm very suprised VDV stayed. There was alot of talk about him moving to Chelsea, they've always been interested.

Did VDV really get a chance at Madrid though, all I remember from last season was bench. But he does have quality. He just needs to rediscover the form he had at Ajax and Hamburg.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: December 14, 2009, 09:48:37 AM »

Yuh could argue all kinda things, in the end the ref is the person who have to decide if is a penalty or not in real time. Like I said before, the decisions would be easier if players didn't dive. We saw the flip-side of the diving thing when Denilson stuck out his foot and Johnson went past instead of feeling the touch and going down like he'd been shot by the gunman on the grassy knoll.

It was a foul ref!

The flip-side of the ref's job is the "penalty" against Espanyol. Xavi wasn't touched, looked like some normal jostling and then he stumbled and fell over. No foul! Except the ref runs up and calls a penalty. Much like the long debate about Henry's "Hand of Gaul" goal, should Xavi have gone to the ref and say "no foul, it's a goal kick."
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: December 14, 2009, 10:00:26 AM »

Madrid made a bad move letting Sneijder go. I'm very suprised VDV stayed. There was alot of talk about him moving to Chelsea, they've always been interested.

Did VDV really get a chance at Madrid though, all I remember from last season was bench. But he does have quality. He just needs to rediscover the form he had at Ajax and Hamburg.

He was somewhat of a fringe player from the start, and when given the chance, never showed why he should be anything but...

No doubt he has quality- he comes with a high price tag, and a good resume- just doesn't seem to fit in at Madrid it seems...though this season he's getting a "decent" run out...coach looking to build some confidence in him I suppose.  He played most of the game at Valencia this weekend.... 

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: December 14, 2009, 12:25:54 PM »
Much like the long debate about Henry's "Hand of Gaul" goal, should Xavi have gone to the ref and say "no foul, it's a goal kick."

I've seen it happen once.
It takes a big man to do it.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: December 14, 2009, 04:35:26 PM »
Arsenal lil Russian ent going nowhere he like this team too much ........ he'll win trophies right here .... I do think we a solid def mid as well as another solid central defender and perhaps another striker

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: December 14, 2009, 04:36:21 PM »
cant believe allyuh men really rating Song..

he is a poor man's Obi Mikel.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: December 14, 2009, 10:19:07 PM »

please stop coming on this thread and making such retarded statements

anyway the proof is in the pudding see who has a bigger influence on their national sides in january

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: December 14, 2009, 10:46:25 PM »

Who is Song?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: December 15, 2009, 12:05:05 AM »

please stop coming on this thread and making such retarded statements

anyway the proof is in the pudding see who has a bigger influence on their national sides in january

You are late, Padnah.  John Obi Mikel has been a major influence on his national side for more than 3 years now.  He was regarded as Nigeria's best player last time he participated in CAF and is regarded as one of Nigeria's best players...........but wait.....why am I wasting my time?   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: December 15, 2009, 07:13:01 AM »
my word...for a supposedly losing side such as arsenal that "cyah win anything" and is a "sh-t side" it is surprising to me that all these chelsea fans ALWAYS have something to say.  you would think that the chelsea thread woulda have like 100, 000 posts on it.  i mean chelsea have the world's greatest players and going to win EVERY trophy this season.   hear nah chelsea fans, stop souring we lil thread with alyuh rhetoric nah...or is it that alyuh just biding time to jump on the arsenal band wagon when the wheels fall off the chelsea bus.

oh and about the song comment...most of the articles i have read on various sporting websites have been full of praise for his performances.  anyone who has watched the gunners over the last year or so can see the strides song has made in terms of composure, playing the right pass, breaking up play etc. (the loan spell at charlton did him a world of good)  nobody ever say he was john obi mikel, and frankly no one cares if he is mikel, song is an arsenal player, he does his work and is quite good at it.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: December 15, 2009, 10:34:31 AM »
my word...for a supposedly losing side such as arsenal that "cyah win anything" and is a "sh-t side" it is surprising to me that all these chelsea fans ALWAYS have something to say.  you would think that the chelsea thread woulda have like 100, 000 posts on it.  i mean chelsea have the world's greatest players and going to win EVERY trophy this season.   hear nah chelsea fans, stop souring we lil thread with alyuh rhetoric nah...or is it that alyuh just biding time to jump on the arsenal band wagon when the wheels fall off the chelsea bus.

oh and about the song comment...most of the articles i have read on various sporting websites have been full of praise for his performances.  anyone who has watched the gunners over the last year or so can see the strides song has made in terms of composure, playing the right pass, breaking up play etc. (the loan spell at charlton did him a world of good)  nobody ever say he was john obi mikel, and frankly no one cares if he is mikel, song is an arsenal player, he does his work and is quite good at it.

what happen this thread is ah cult or wha? what is with the "our thread" talk?

if you only want to hear certain kinda opinions then go and post on the official arsenal board. is the same deal for the chelsea, man u and liverpool threads, rival fans must chook some fire and the resident fans will bias the scene..

brother i am a fan of football first, i have my side but that don't stop me from watching other teams and formulating an opinion on players.

As for Song.. I've looked at him play a number of times and while i agree he has improved over the last few seasons, imo he is not the requisite quality for a club that supposed to be EPL and champs league title contenders.

He looks very good against weaker opposition, but he gets glaringly exposed in the bigger games.. His touch and speed of thought not up there with the best.. he does get advantage in midfield and leave holes in the middle (see chelsea 4 arsenal 1 last season), he is prone to lapses and losses in possession/concentration (see Man City 4 Arsenal 2).. He doh put in no crunching tackles and he is not an imposing force.. To put it another way, how much do you think he would command in the transfer market?

Basically he is a good player, fair to fine with a chance of showers.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:39:52 AM by dinho »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: December 15, 2009, 11:23:42 AM »

Basically you're saying that he's actually a great player......but only when seas are slight to moderate with waves up to 2 metres in open waters and less than one metre in sheltered areas...

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: December 15, 2009, 01:07:32 PM »

Basically you're saying that he's actually a great player......but only when seas are slight to moderate with waves up to 2 metres in open waters and less than one metre in sheltered areas...

I thought alyuh was talking about Song didn't know was Rooney.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2175 on: December 15, 2009, 05:17:33 PM »
my word...for a supposedly losing side such as arsenal that "cyah win anything" and is a "sh-t side" it is surprising to me that all these chelsea fans ALWAYS have something to say.  you would think that the chelsea thread woulda have like 100, 000 posts on it.  i mean chelsea have the world's greatest players and going to win EVERY trophy this season.   hear nah chelsea fans, stop souring we lil thread with alyuh rhetoric nah...or is it that alyuh just biding time to jump on the arsenal band wagon when the wheels fall off the chelsea bus.

if you only want to hear certain kinda opinions then go and post on the official arsenal board. is the same deal for the chelsea, man u and liverpool threads, rival fans must chook some fire and the resident fans will bias the scene..

brother i am a fan of football first, i have my side but that don't stop me from watching other teams and formulating an opinion on players.

As for Song.. I've looked at him play a number of times and while i agree he has improved over the last few seasons, imo he is not the requisite quality for a club that supposed to be EPL and champs league title contenders.

He looks very good against weaker opposition, but he gets glaringly exposed in the bigger games.. His touch and speed of thought not up there with the best.. he does get advantage in midfield and leave holes in the middle (see chelsea 4 arsenal 1 last season), he is prone to lapses and losses in possession/concentration (see Man City 4 Arsenal 2).. He doh put in no crunching tackles and he is not an imposing force.. To put it another way, how much do you think he would command in the transfer market?

It would be interesting to see how the young Song would look with the likes of Essien, playing next to him
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: December 15, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »

It would be interesting to see how the young Song would look with the likes of Essien, playing next to him

yup... because Mikel was born with Essien strapped to he back... allyuh bruddas good oui....
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: December 15, 2009, 08:25:24 PM »

yup... because Mikel was born with Essien strapped to he back... allyuh bruddas good oui....

....and he does play for Nigeria with Essien strapped to he back, too. lol! 
Observer jes' chookin' fiire. lol!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: December 15, 2009, 10:54:37 PM »

Song would never play with the likes of Essien because they play the same position.. that hypothetical is ah either or situation.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: December 16, 2009, 04:45:38 AM »
away to burnley to day, denilson and traore out
eboue in
other than that side is ok to fface burnley and we need to take 3 points to keep the pressure on

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: December 16, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »

Song would never play with the likes of Essien because they play the same position.. that hypothetical is ah either or situation.

Huh! Think of what you are saying! You telling me a team cannot play with two holding midfield players. Mikel and Essien play together, Makelele and Essien played together. Doh think so hard!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: December 16, 2009, 11:16:54 AM »

Huh! Think of what you are saying! You telling me a team cannot play with two holding midfield players. Mikel and Essien play together, Makelele and Essien played together. Doh think so hard!

i probably misinterpreted you, i thought u were trying to say that Mikel only benefits because he plays alongside Essien in the chelsea system which is not accurate.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: December 16, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »
What a stupid tackle to make in the middle of the box.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: December 16, 2009, 03:09:39 PM »
Silvestre is mess. The kind that yuh step in and drag all over the place.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: December 16, 2009, 03:42:09 PM »
Lucky to get a point.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: December 16, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »
Big team like Burnley....

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2186 on: December 16, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »
Big team like Burnley....

But they beat Man U ent  :P

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: December 18, 2009, 04:29:57 AM »
eboue in
other than that side is ok to fface burnley and we need to take 3 points to keep the pressure on

Only one point but the pressure still on.....on allyuh.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: December 18, 2009, 10:19:04 AM »
eboue in

Only one point but the pressure still on.....on allyuh.
Its all relative! Remember when the pressure was on Chelsea from 1955 t0 2005? Relieved by the billionaire. Now 5 years looks like forever :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: December 19, 2009, 10:59:56 AM »
pressure again! manu drop 3 points

we need to win against hull today not count the game in hand

take every advantage now!

1]; } ?>