April 25, 2024, 10:15:19 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 898123 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #2550 on: May 03, 2010, 01:49:56 PM »
End of the season, nothing to play for but pride.

What's that you say, We don't care about pride? At most we're trying not to get injured before the World Cup?
OK, only 1 more to go...

...to secure direct qualification to the group stages of the Champions League.

Spurs - Man City will be a 2-2 tie...  ;D

I forget them still had to play oui.  ::)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 03, 2010, 02:02:48 PM »

What's that you say, We don't care about pride? At most we're trying not to get injured before the World Cup?
OK, only 1 more to go...

What were they playing for all the time.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 03, 2010, 02:03:51 PM »

OK, only 1 more to go...

What were they playing for all the time.

Apparently 4th place...  :devil:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: May 05, 2010, 06:31:30 AM »
Looks like Arsenal start buying already. Chamak admits he signed with Arsenal.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 08, 2010, 09:42:38 AM »
with arsenal i doh believe who sign until i see them on the website smiling

and i want to see mercenaries this summer

as for tomorrow

we should have wrapped up 3rd already but we didnt

now we have to play for it at home against a hopefully weakened Fulham who have an eye on thier deserved europa final

BUT we are weakened as well

on a side note here are the arsenal players out of contract this summer
Almunia
GallasSilvestre
Senderos

so based on that fact alone i see Arsene buying two defenders and a keeper and that is after Chamakh allegedly already signed

but i do see eduardo possibly leaving
along with maybe rosicky but he and cesc are best buddies supposedly
i want denilson gone
and soem how find a way for sagna and walcott to work together
also bring young jack wilshire back

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 10, 2010, 09:20:44 AM »
ok nice way to wrap up the season

and lovely to see spurs slip on their last day

now to see what transfers may come this summer

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 10, 2010, 03:10:41 PM »
...and lovely to see spurs slip on their last day

I was waiting for a comment along those lines from you gooners.  It's obvious watching the game that we were on holiday in the second half most likely due to the licks you put on Fulham (who were more concerned with the Europa final) in the first half of your game.

Rather than engaging in the usual diatribe though I'll just say well played and I look forward to our battles next season ;)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 10, 2010, 03:23:26 PM »
I look forward to our battles next season ;)
1 win in 10 years could hardly be considered to be "battles"  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 10, 2010, 06:42:31 PM »
Whatever helps you sleep at night breds  ;D

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 11, 2010, 09:00:04 AM »
Gunners fans losing their minds with the rumors of Yaya, Rene Adler (GK) and Chamak. If this is fact then its three major signings. All they need now is a CB of quality.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: May 11, 2010, 11:00:51 AM »
4th in 08/09
3rd in 09/10

We are on the up and up  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 11, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »
like i said not taking any rumors serious until i see the player smiling on the arsenal website

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 18, 2010, 04:31:50 PM »
these rumors killing me

cesc leaving for barca???

i wont mind if he goes after wenger buys a new keeper and two centerbacks

BUT he hasnt yet

f**k id rather if arshavin left

if wenger doesnt pull his f**king finger out it europa league for arsenal in 2011/2012

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 19, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »
So wid Cesc riding out, who (realistically) will be in midfield for Arsenal next season? Wilshere?

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: May 19, 2010, 03:00:12 PM »
Why play for Barcelona Lite, when you can represent the real thing?

It's Arsenal Who Owe Cesc...

Fabregas was always going to be a star, which is exactly why Wenger poached him from Barcelona. And don't kid yourself that he wouldn't have had a chance at Barca by now, the boy is top class, far far superior to the likes of Sergio Busquets, Keita, and Toure. What Cesc owes Arsenal he has paid back in spades, with more goals, assists, and leadership, dragging a team nowhere near the quality of Chelsea or Man Utd in to contention for the title this season and in previous seasons. Never complaining, never having tantrums and letting his team mates down, like some former captains. He has been sensational.

If anyone is owed anything, Arsenal and Wenger owe him a team worthy of him, not to surround him in midfield with the likes of Denilson and Diaby. After three or four years of empty promises and pathetic collapses, can you really blame him for leaving? You accuse him of whining? When exactly? You say Wenger has earned your respect because he's delivered trophies in the dim and distant past, but Cesc hasn't. He was supposed to do it single handedly was he, with maybe half a season's help from RVP? You're deluded. He could have left at any point in the last three or four years but has shown loyalty and love for the club. Unfortunately his ambition hasn't been matched by his manager or the board.

If he goes it will be a great shame for English football as he is world class and a pleasure to watch, and is yet another top player leaving our league, but to blame him is ridiculous and frankly if that's your attitude you don't deserve him.
Richard Strzeleki (some blogger on guardian football website)
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: May 23, 2010, 05:42:27 AM »
chamakh completes move. . .

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Moroccan international striker Marouane Chamakh has joined the Gunners on a long-term contract.

Chamakh (26), who joins Arsenal from French side Bordeaux, made a total of 293 appearances, scoring 79 goals during his eight years with Les Girondins.

In the 2008/09 league campaign, Chamakh scored 14 goals, helping Bordeaux win the French League title, thus ending Lyon’s seven-year domination of Ligue 1. The Moroccan striker’s fine form continued last season, playing an integral role in helping Bordeaux reach the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League, where they finished above both Bayern Munich and Juventus in the Group Stages.

Born and raised in France, but playing international football for Morocco through his parentage, Chamakh has made 53 appearances for the north African country, scoring 27 goals, and was part of the side which reached the Final of the 2004 Africa Cup of Nations.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted that Marouane Chamakh has joined us. He is a player we have admired for some time now and I know he will provide our squad with great quality. Chamakh has proved he is a great player with his performances for Bordeaux and Morocco in recent seasons and we’re all looking forward to him joining us.

"Chamakh is a striker of real quality and has all the attributes suited to come to England and do very well. He is also a fighter, not only a good football player, but a fighter as well. He is very good in the air and also a good team player. He is a great addition to our squad.”

After completing his move to the Gunners, Chamakh said: “This is a dream come true and a great joy to be joining Arsenal. My goal was always to play in the Premier League and Arsenal was the choice of my heart.

“Without any hesitation, Arsenal was my preferred club. The team and history of Arsenal, they make me dream. My goal was to join Arsenal out of the all the English clubs because it is a club that makes me dream and I have been a fan since I was a child.

“I’m very excited about playing at Emirates Stadium in front of the Arsenal supporters. I have heard many great things about the stadium and I cannot wait to be playing there in an Arsenal shirt.

“I will give my best to this Club, the Club that I used to support. We have many great players at Arsenal and I will be giving everything to help the team win trophies next season.”

Ivan Gazidis, Chief Executive of Arsenal Football Club added: “Arsène has been following the progress of Marouane Chamakh for some time and has identified him as a player that will add significant strength to our squad. We’re delighted that Marouane has chosen Arsenal ahead of the many other clubs that were interested in him.”

Chamakh, who will wear the number 29 shirt for Arsenal, will join up with his new team-mates for pre-season training in July.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/marouane-chamakh-completes-move-to-arsenal

allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: May 24, 2010, 07:46:05 AM »
Nigerian may buy Arsenal shares
Nigerian businessman Aliko Dangote is considering a move to buy a 15.9% stake in the club.

"Yes, he is interested," confirmed the 53-year-old billionaire's spokesman Joseph Okonmah.

Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith's shares are currently on the market with a price tag thought to be worth almost £100m.

Last month she instructed UK brokers Blackstone to find a buyer, having previously given up her place on the club's board in 2008.

Dangote is reputed to be Africa's richest man, with Forbes magazine in the United States estimating his fortune two years ago at $3.3bn (£2.3bn).

His fortune was built on a business empire which includes the number one sugar production company in Nigeria, a cement factory and textile products.

He recently told Nigerian newspaper ThisDay that he had been an Arsenal supporter for a "long time", adding: "It started in 1980 when I forged a relationship with Mr David Dein, former vice chairman of the board of Arsenal."

Stan Kroenke and Alisher Usmanov and Arsenal's two largest shareholders and it was thought that Lady Bracewell-Smith's decision to sell might start a bidding war between them.

US billionaire Kroenke owns 29.98% of the club's shares, while Russian tycoon Usmanov holds holds 26.29%, but if any shareholder's stake reaches 30%, he or she has to make a takeover offer for the club.

Neither Kroenke, who also owns the NBA's Denver Nuggets basketball side, the Colorado Rapids MLS football team, and a stake in the NFL's St Louis Rams American football team, nor Usmanov has so far been willing to take that step.

And Blackstone, who have been advising Lady Bracewell-Smith for several months, have been looking for an appropriate alternative buyer.

According to the Daily Telegraph, the company has also spoken to consortiums in Eastern Europe and the Far East but the Arsenal Supporters' Trust is urging Lady Bracewell-Smith to lower the asking price for her 9,893 shares.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8701215.stm

Published: 2010/05/24 12:53:15 GMT

© BBC MMX
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: May 25, 2010, 05:38:29 PM »
dont believe shit till its offical on the site

welcome chamakh to arsenal

now to welcome a keeper and two centre backs

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: May 28, 2010, 08:20:05 AM »
WEEK THAT WAS
Wenger's words of wisdom befuddle Cesc

By email Dominic Raynor
(Archive)

May 28, 2010

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

The domestic football season has reached its conclusion and so The Week That Was heads off for a well earned summer break - but be sure to keep an eye out for our cosmopolitan cousin World Cup Daily.

Before signing off, we can exclusively reveal what Arsene Wenger said in his secret meeting with Cesc Fabregas, how moustache power could be key to Portugal's success and also offer up the 101 best goals of the season for your delectation.

Wenger's words of wisdom

Cesc Fabregas and Arsene Wenger

GettyImages

Arsene Wenger imparts his wisdom

When Barcelona target Cesc Fabregas determinedly tramped into Arsene Wenger's office this week to demand that Arsenal allow him to return to his boyhood club, few expected he would emerge profoundly moved by the experience.

"It is probably the greatest conversation I have had with someone in my life," Cesc declared. A statement that left the rest of us wondering just exactly what the silver-tongued Gunners boss might have said to his protege and slightly jealous that we weren't invited to such a momentous event.

Luckily, this column has its grubby little fingers in many pies and can exclusively reveal that Wenger's mind trick went something like this:

Fabregas: I'm off!

Wenger: There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you. You do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy... er... I mean football.

Fabregas: I'll never join you!

Wenger: If you only knew the power of the Arsenal. Pat Rice never told you what happened to your father.

Fabregas: He told me enough.

Wenger: I am your father.

Fabregas: No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!

Wenger: Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Or something like that anyway.

source www.soccernet.com

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: June 01, 2010, 09:31:10 AM »
guorcuff interested in coming to arsenal . ..and if cesc leave. . i think he is a good replacement. . . i would welcome him. ..
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: June 01, 2010, 10:47:22 AM »
Wenger is highly respected by his French  players as a mentor he is a good choice for young aspiring players

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: June 01, 2010, 11:06:53 AM »

SUBSCRIBE:
RSS
No surprise that Theo Walcott got cut
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Jun 01
10:01
AM ET
Print Entry

Posted by James Martin

The "big" news is out -- winger Theo Walcott has been left out of Fabio Capello's England squad. Reports from England are reporting the "shock omission," a sentiment no doubt shared by many fans of Walcott's club, Arsenal.

"Shock omission." Really? Leaving him off the England squad is about as surprising as an English player missing a penalty kick. The real kicker would have been if Capello decided to bring Walcott to South Africa.

As anyone who's watched the Gunners over the past couple of seasons can attest, Walcott has blazing speed. He can run down the pitch faster than anyone in the Premier League. Problem is, he often doesn't know what to do with the ball once he gets there, opting for ill-advised passes and poor shots on goal. Speed, in Walcott's case, doesn't kill.

Capello's decision reflects the fact that Walcott, just 21, hasn't matured into a world-class footballer just yet. For now, he'll have to bide his time until World Cup 2014.

Be the first to comment on "No surprise that Theo Walcott got cut"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: June 01, 2010, 02:18:06 PM »
so arsenal have anyone on the england squad?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: June 01, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »
nope! what of it?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: June 02, 2010, 01:25:42 PM »
so arsenal have anyone on the england squad?

Supposedly, your big name signing this summer will be...Joe Cole

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: June 04, 2010, 07:08:19 AM »
In case anyone wants to go:

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: June 06, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »
wish i could go

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: June 06, 2010, 07:24:25 PM »
Kind of a weak lineup; not bad though.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: June 21, 2010, 02:10:13 PM »
so cesc nearly score with his first touches after coming on as a sub

spain winning despite not hitting form yet

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: June 23, 2010, 05:06:38 PM »
August
14 Liverpool (A)
21 Blackpool (H)
28 Blackburn (A)
September
11 Bolton (H)
18 Sunderland (A)
25 West Brom (H)
October
2 Chelsea (A)
16 Birmingham (H)
23 Man City (A)
30 West Ham (H)
November
6 Newcastle (H)
9 Wolves (A)
13 Everton (A)
20 Tottenham (H)
27 Aston Villa (A)
December
4 Fulham (H)
11 Man Utd (A)
18 Stoke (H)
26 Chelsea (H)
28 Wigan (A)
January
1 Birmingham (A)
4 Man City (H)
15 West Ham (A)
22 Wigan (H)
February
1 Everton (H)
5 Newcastle (A)
12 Wolves (H)
26 Tottenham (A)
March
5 Sunderland (H)
19 West Brom (A)
April
2 Blackburn (H)
9 Blackpool (A)
16 Liverpool (H)
23 Bolton (A)
30 Man Utd (H)
May
7 Stoke (A)
14 Aston Villa (H)
22 Fulham (A)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

1]; } ?>