April 24, 2024, 03:05:30 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 897415 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #2610 on: August 16, 2010, 09:23:14 AM »
Wait, allyuh actually find Koscielny look good? The guy look shaky, and Arsenal don't even have a better option on the bench. Not ragging on the man, but its a shame Arsenal wouldnt spend some judgement paper to buy an experienced centre half so they dont have to throw him in off the deep end.

And Chamakh look lil slow and cumbersome to me.. All Reina had to do was to step forward and catch or punch that ball, dont know why he even let Chamakh reach there in front of him.

Arsenal have no brand without Fabregas.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: August 16, 2010, 09:25:22 AM »
Arshavin looking poor and we still want to walk the ball in the net like is small goal.

Men hadda start piping bullet from outside.

Not convinced with Chamak, apart from looking like he have mange, I ent seeing no "specialness" bout him

Remember what people said about Bergkamp and Adebayor when they first arrived!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: August 16, 2010, 11:24:17 AM »
Arshavin looking poor and we still want to walk the ball in the net like is small goal.

Not convinced with Chamak, apart from looking like he have mange, I ent seeing no "specialness" bout him

I read on a forum a man arguing adamantly  that arsenal scored the most goals from outside de box in de whole of last season. I eh see no article or any hard data to back that up...but ....like it eh dat cut and dry.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: August 16, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »
Allyuh men missing the point about Chamak the man offering the option that arsenal didn't have before.
It showed on the goal conceded by Liverpool it showed with rosicky shot on goal. They need a target man there was a time last season where arshavin was leading the attack....this tiny man.
With the kind of build up play arsenal play, they need a target man who strong enough to hold up the ball and link the midfielders for shots on goals.
I agree with touches Arshavin did nothing but the nice thing is that they also have Gibbs on the bench who as well as playing the wingback could also play the wing and give Clichy a lil more support.

Lets's face it Arsenal's strength is their midfield and Wenger tactically arranges his teams to their strengths so any opportunity to link their midfielders more and more with a target player will make them more dangerous than before.

They need a keeper and a defender and they will be set to challenge for honours this season.

Again I agree with touches the midfielders need to be given instructions to shoot more and more 64% possession 17 shots and only 3 on goal ... unacceptable.

I waiting to see them against Chelsea and Man United that will lets us know where they at.

Drogba does abuse them youth time to see if they grow up and ready for him.!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: August 16, 2010, 04:38:24 PM »
The one moment that made me think Koscielny has something was when he beat Torres in a one on one situation. I've seen most defenders, Rio Ferdinand especially, lose that battle. Ok maybe Torres is not fully fit but it bodes well for Koscielny's confidence.

How does it say anything about his confidence... what he supposed tuh do stop running once he see Torres take off?  Torres coming off knee and hamstring issues and clearly wasn't 100%...  no maybe in that.  That said Koscielny played well and was happy he wasn't injured by Cole's challenge.  It will be a different story once he has to run out against a fit Torres or Rooney or a Drogba though.

And Chamakh look lil slow and cumbersome to me.. All Reina had to do was to step forward and catch or punch that ball, dont know why he even let Chamakh reach there in front of him.

I don't suppose yuh see de sun that was shining in his face?  Who knows when he actually picked up the flight of the ball.  I give Chamakh credit for being a pest and challenging... the flash he flash in front Reina created the flub and indirectly, the goal.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: August 16, 2010, 05:21:50 PM »

I read on a forum a man arguing adamantly  that arsenal scored the most goals from outside de box in de whole of last season. I eh see no article or any hard data to back that up...but ....like it eh dat cut and dry.
I have heard this stat reported as well.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: August 16, 2010, 09:13:16 PM »
The one moment that made me think Koscielny has something was when he beat Torres in a one on one situation. I've seen most defenders, Rio Ferdinand especially, lose that battle. Ok maybe Torres is not fully fit but it bodes well for Koscielny's confidence.

How does it say anything about his confidence... what he supposed tuh do stop running once he see Torres take off?  Torres coming off knee and hamstring issues and clearly wasn't 100%...  no maybe in that.  That said Koscielny played well and was happy he wasn't injured by Cole's challenge.  It will be a different story once he has to run out against a fit Torres or Rooney or a Drogba though.

I don't suppose yuh see de sun that was shining in his face?  Who knows when he actually picked up the flight of the ball.  I give Chamakh credit for being a pest and challenging... the flash he flash in front Reina created the flub and indirectly, the goal.

The last time a man say the sun was in he eyes we didn't make it to italy  ...... that excuse went out the window from that day onwards lol

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: August 17, 2010, 06:49:27 AM »
Arsenal problem over the last 3 seasons is on the other end. Giving up goals at an alarming rate 31, 37, 41 against.
So even though they out scoring the have been leaking goals like a mid table team.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: August 17, 2010, 05:51:01 PM »

firstly, arsenal scored 19 goals from outside the area last season twice as many and the next highest score from outside the area in the prem

chamakh is there for, link play, holding up the ball, his touches and size help alot, he attacks the ball hence giving pepe issues to deal with and leading to the fortunate equalizer, last year we wouldnt hav echallenged for that ball easy catch for pepe

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: August 17, 2010, 05:56:36 PM »
Wait, allyuh actually find Koscielny look good? The guy look shaky, and Arsenal don't even have a better option on the bench. Not ragging on the man, but its a shame Arsenal wouldnt spend some judgement paper to buy an experienced centre half so they dont have to throw him in off the deep end.

Arsenal have no brand without Fabregas.
[/quote

brand? there you go again with this brand shit trini talk, arsenal "brand" has been the same since wenger has been there which is before cesc and probably after cesc

arsenals two issues, no real "spine", and this spine being affected trough injuries

well three issues cus the keeper is one issue by himself even though he is part of the "spine"

koscielny oozes technical, physical and mental class will get better as the season progresses
arsenal needs at least one more maybe 2 centerbacks
and wingers who can cross

you could be beckham and if yuh forwards and midfeild dont attack the crosses you send in they will look like you dont know how to cross

tell yuh what, let drogba lampard and essien get injured like cesc rvp and song did at arsenal last season ans see where you end up

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: August 17, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
Arsenal problem over the last 3 seasons is on the other end. Giving up goals at an alarming rate 31, 37, 41 against.
So even though they out scoring the have been leaking goals like a mid table team.

yup yup yup

and leaking at an increasing rate, only got 2 new defenders during that time to now and lost 3
also we have certain midfeilders who do not track back on runs or to defend

teams will always just sit back and wait let us have th eball and try to snatch something cus our keepers get bored and forget what they there for

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: August 17, 2010, 06:08:29 PM »
so blackpool on saturday

i hope the line up looks like this:

almunia/schwartzer???given???

sagna/eboue vermaelen djourou gibbs/clichy

nasri cesc song

walcott rvp/chamakh rosicky/arshavin

players in bold id like to see start the game

arshavin is such an engima, lazy no f**k but takes a moment to pull something brilliant

rosicky looks close to his best form before injuries for almost 2 years

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: August 19, 2010, 12:17:19 PM »

Arsenal Injuries Mount As Elvis Has Left the Building
By
Maire Ofeire
(Senior Writer) on August 19, 2010

0 likes

303 reads

0 comments
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - AUGUST 15: Samir Nasri of Arsenal in action during the Barclays Premier League match between Liverpool and Arsenal at Anfield on August 15, 2010 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Clive Brunskill/Getty Images) Clive Brunskill/Getty Images
Which Is The Better Anthem?
Wonder Of You Right Here, Right Now Neither Don't Care Submit Vote vote to see results

With under 48 hours to go before Arsenal's first home game of the season, personnel problems persist at Ashburton Grove.

The Gunners opened their season away at Liverpool with a 1-1 draw.

Once again, Manuel Almunia was singled out for criticism by fans and critics alike. Fulham manager Mark Hughes has admitted that Mark Schwarzer is looking for a move away from Craven Cottage, with the Emirates being his likely destination.

Manchester City's Shay Given is also a wanted man, as he has stated his intent to move from the City of Manchester Stadium after losing his starting spot to Joe Hart.

Both keepers would be a marked improvement over Almunia; however, Wenger refuses to speak out on whether he intends to bring either man to the club.

Wenger also has serious central defense issues (what's new?).

William Gallas, Mikael Silvestre, Sol Campbell, and Philippe Senderos all left the club in the summer, with only Laurent Koscielny coming in as a replacement.

Koscielny did well in his first game for Arsenal, but his late red card means he will miss the upcoming match.

This leaves Arsenal with only Thomas Vermaelen as a definite center back.

Johan Djourou is recovering from injury and is in a rush to play on Saturday. Havard Nordtveit is hugely inexperienced, which leaves Alex Song as the only other viable option.

Song, however, is also short on fitness. Were he fit to play, he would be needed in midfield.

Rumours over the past 24 hours have linked Arsenal with Frenchman Sebastien Squillaci. The Sevilla center back was omitted from their Champions League squad as a move seems imminent. Once again, money is proving to be the sticking point.

Arsenal's injury problems at the back are mirrored in midfield.

Captain Cesc Fabregas failed to make the squad at Anfield because of a stomach bug and lack of match fitness.

Alex Song barely made the squad. Denilson didn't.

Andrei Arshavin was virtually non-existent throughout the game amidst rumours he is carrying a thigh injury. Aaron Ramsey is not expected back until November.

To add to all this, on-form Samir Nasri will miss a month of football after undergoing minor knee surgery.

And since when it rains, it pours, today impressive youngster Emmanuel Frimpong was ruled out for nine months after he tore his cruciate ligaments in a Reserve match in Dublin.

Arsene Wenger must be wondering whether he'll have 11 players to send out on Saturday at the Emirates.

Indeed, those who travel to the game on Saturday—or watch on television—will notice some marked changes to the grounds.

Continuing with the process of "Arsenalisation", the Arsenal clock has been returned, and the stands will be renamed. The stand baring the clock will be called "The Clock End", and the opposing stand will be named "The North Bank", just like at Highbury.

The players will run out in their much-liked new home shirt; however, they will do so to a different beat. Elvis has finally left the building.

For the last number of seasons, the Gunners have emerged to play their home games to the sound of the King's "Wonder of You." The song was not well-received by Arsenal fans, who deemed it inappropriate.

It is rumoured that the club have changed the song under pressure from the supporters' group RedAction, and the Gunners will now run out to Fat Boy Slim's "Right Here, Right Now."

How good things are right here, right now at the Emirates will be judged more clearly on Saturday

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: August 19, 2010, 12:33:00 PM »
Arsenal players either doh eat enuff dasheen or drink enough milk cuz dem ALWAYS injured! Lawd boy!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: August 24, 2010, 11:26:34 AM »
We need a goalkeeper
TnT Patriot

giggsy11

« Reply #2625 on: August 24, 2010, 01:26:15 PM »
Arsenal players either doh eat enuff dasheen or drink enough milk cuz dem ALWAYS injured! Lawd boy!

Because Arsene started playin a rell set of soft football and relying on young people who bones to still developing to play a set of matches. It will be interesting to see how many games these set of Arsenal footballers have missed compared to the sides that were winning in the early 2000s.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: August 24, 2010, 03:37:34 PM »
We need a goalkeeper

No y'all don't.....almunia is good enough fuh allyuh. ::) (according to allyuh most rabid poster on the forum)  :rotfl: 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: August 24, 2010, 08:23:08 PM »
Almunia is the shittiest goalie in all the epl .... we need to replace him badly

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: August 25, 2010, 06:47:15 PM »
Almunia is the shittiest goalie in all the epl .... we need to replace him badly
except when it comes to penalties to bad that's not how the game is played

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: August 25, 2010, 06:51:13 PM »
so away to blackburn next

lets see if we can shut big sam up

and put another 6 past a "lower" team

cus lord knows chelsea dont look like slowing down or dropping points!

hopefully no new additions to the injury list

cesc n rvp getting fitter

new boy off suspension

and hopefully new defender signed

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: August 26, 2010, 08:50:34 AM »
Sometimes i don't understand the management of this club nuh.

You have somewhat of a goalkeeping crisis at the club. You identify Mark Schwarzer as the solution. You offer 2 million pounds, and that get rejected because Fulham want 3 million. You come back and bargaining hard, with the same 2 million pound offer... Meanwhile yuh keeper sulking in goal.

Yuh mean to say allyuh sooo cheap allyuh cant spend ah extra mil? Schwarzer will be worth at least an extra 10 points in the season, he will easily repay his investment once fit.

For all the tears about finances, Arsenal are in a much better position than most clubs in the Premier League debtwise.. And they would NEVER be able to maintain their cheapness if Wenger was not so great at grooming players and consistently turning a profit for them.

Nah, this side not serious about winning.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:25:18 AM by dinho »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: August 26, 2010, 10:20:19 AM »
Sometimes i don't understand the management of this club nuh.

You have somewhat of a goalkeeping crisis at the club. You identify Mark Schwarzer as the solution. You offer 2 million pounds, and that get rejected because Fulham want 3 million. You come back and bargaining hard, with the same 2 million pound offer... Meanwhile yuh keeper

Yuh mean to say allyuh sooo cheap allyuh cant spend ah extra mil? Schwarzer will be worth at least an extra 10 points in the season, he will easily repay his investment once fit.

For all the tears about finances, Arsenal are in a much better position than most clubs in the Premier League debtwise.. And they would NEVER be able to maintain their cheapness if Wenger was not so great at grooming players and consistently turning a profit for them.

Nah, this side not serious about winning.

He have meh lil frustrated about that as welll   ???

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: August 28, 2010, 06:18:03 AM »
.....Ass 'n all off to a flying start....Walcott goal was nice.  Had "goal!" written on it from de time van Persie had receive de ball......Blackburn fightin' back and equalize but on a slick surface like today's, arsene9 and his men should have more weapons to capitalize.  We go see.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #2633 on: August 28, 2010, 06:21:30 AM »
Obviously Arsene9 and dem doh practise tackling. Van Persie hurt himself like a imps!

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: August 28, 2010, 06:26:34 AM »
Mame Biram Diouf and El Hadji looking lively up front. Van Persie off injured so i dnt think d arse have enough up front unless Walnut and Arshavin move infield more. 3-2 to Blackburn i think. Good warm up for the big games later though.  ;D

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: August 28, 2010, 08:02:49 AM »
Solid, "grind it out" victory for the Arsenal today.    Excellent

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: August 28, 2010, 08:28:55 AM »
Another Arsenal injury?  Those men weak.
Arsenal don't have a weight room?

giggsy11

« Reply #2637 on: August 28, 2010, 08:59:46 AM »
Another Arsenal injury?  Those men weak.
Arsenal don't have a weight room?

Captain of the brittle bones brigade,Van Persie do a half arse tackle and injured his ankle.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: August 28, 2010, 11:31:27 AM »
This eh no new injury, VanP came into the game with a doddgy ankle. He has always been injury prone, can't ever remember him playing a full season.
giggsy11 yuh real bias we, ent Ferdinand, Hargraves and Anderson out. All with knee injury  :devil:
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #2639 on: August 28, 2010, 11:42:31 AM »
This eh no new injury, VanP came into the game with a doddgy ankle. He has always been injury prone, can't ever remember him playing a full season.
giggsy11 yuh real bias we, ent Ferdinand, Hargraves and Anderson out. All with knee injury  :devil:

:devil: Dem boys and dem jus started gettin injured and in Rio's case he old. Every season Van Persie gettin injured!

1]; } ?>