April 29, 2024, 05:45:55 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 901582 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #2700 on: September 24, 2010, 02:28:27 PM »
Cah lie ah really admire the astute financial responsibility and management that goes on at Arsenal.  Good stuff, too bad it doh bring een any trophies doh.  Hope allyuh could at least hoist ah lil Carlin Cup fuh allyuh troubles.

Lol..

Like i does tell men.. Arsenal not really interested in winning the league, they interested in lining pockets.

If they had spend some paper and get Yaya, a good central defender and Schwarzer or Given they would run away with the EPL title.

Umm you sure we not going to win the title this year?

wid da fragile squad?!!  Yeah allyuh sweepin to ah trebble!!!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: September 24, 2010, 03:03:47 PM »
So when the big guns come back what does that say about the teams depth? .... the game against Chelsea will tell alot ... I cyah wait

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: September 27, 2010, 08:00:58 AM »
Cah lie ah really admire the astute financial responsibility and management that goes on at Arsenal.  Good stuff, too bad it doh bring een any trophies doh.  Hope allyuh could at least hoist ah lil Carlin Cup fuh allyuh troubles.

lol...

someone say patronizing?

ent its like them rednecks that win lotto then play acting like they have class and history lol

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: September 27, 2010, 08:02:54 AM »
So when the big guns come back what does that say about the teams depth? .... the game against Chelsea will tell alot ... I cyah wait

forget chelski the next game is partizan belgrade in champs league and we have almunia "injured" so watch out for flapianski

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: September 27, 2010, 08:31:23 AM »
This side so frustrating at times eh.

We woulda be 1 point from the top.

Gone and play d arse.

Lets hope we can recover from this setback quickly....3 points in all competitions in every game from henceforth.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: September 27, 2010, 09:09:42 AM »
Boy my partnahs gimme so much talk this weekend  ....shit .... this team took a day off it easy for us to say Almunia screwed up which he did.... but what about the rest of the team .... Sagna get skinned by that guy for the first goal...... clichy well as always he maintains his inconsistent season and the midfield didn't show up ...... chammak looked tired and eboue well he is eboue.

Time for rotation if Gibbs is fit rotate him in in place of Clichy and Vermalean is due back as well so Koshelsky could get a bit of a rest bring in Denilson in the mid and give song a rest .... rest Diaby again and bring in Wilshire  again and push Rosicky up top maybe on the left side and let Arshavin get some love on the right instead of the left.

I would also rest Chammakk and let this youth JET get a start in front of Vela because of his size ..... he's a big one and possesses that big body option.

We have two poor keepers so could we do any worse than promoting the other two keepers they deserve a chance ... and this is a good blooding opportunity.

I still feel we'll be ok and I feel that Given is being considered I just feel Wenger keeping his cards close to his chest .... besides he has to support his keeper ......how can he criticize his players in public? ... what would that do to team morale?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: September 27, 2010, 11:13:04 AM »
website was down this weekend so didnt get a chance to drop by, but here is my belated  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: .

This side really not serious.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: September 27, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »
Worst performance from Arsenal I have seen in a long time. they were poor. Nasri was boss and should be  :applause: not only for his quality, but never say die performance. Seriously, Arsenal cannot compete without a World Class Goalkeeper. Vela gives nothing off the bench unless Arsenal on top and with Eboue a wide player who does not score and deliver quality crosses, I cannot see them winning games on the edge like Saturday's game.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: September 27, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
Boy my partnahs gimme so much talk this weekend  ....shit .... this team took a day off it easy for us to say Almunia screwed up which he did.... but what about the rest of the team .... Sagna get skinned by that guy for the first goal...... clichy well as always he maintains his inconsistent season and the midfield didn't show up ...... chammak looked tired and eboue well he is eboue.

Time for rotation if Gibbs is fit rotate him in in place of Clichy and Vermalean is due back as well so Koshelsky could get a bit of a rest bring in Denilson in the mid and give song a rest .... rest Diaby again and bring in Wilshire  again and push Rosicky up top maybe on the left side and let Arshavin get some love on the right instead of the left.

I would also rest Chammakk and let this youth JET get a start in front of Vela because of his size ..... he's a big one and possesses that big body option.

We have two poor keepers so could we do any worse than promoting the other two keepers they deserve a chance ... and this is a good blooding opportunity.

I still feel we'll be ok and I feel that Given is being considered I just feel Wenger keeping his cards close to his chest .... besides he has to support his keeper ......how can he criticize his players in public? ... what would that do to team morale?

Isn't going after Swartzer tacitly criticizing Almunia? He's basically saying he's not good enough - and if you pursue a player so publicly you better get him otherwise u risk dealing a blow to the current player's confidence; and Almunia doh need no further help in da department right now na.

I eh too sure why Arsenal keep goin after these short-term/cut price options at Goalkeeper either - Swartzer is ok, good on his day - but the man is 37 and has already been suspect this season. I think when Arsenal actually goes after proven talent in key positions then maybe they could start fillin the trophy cabinet again yes.

You doh hadda pay exorbitant fees and wages for men like Yaya - but they really are a star striker, midfield enforcer/destroyer, GK and solid defensive depth away from contending on all fronts again.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: September 28, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »
a win by anymeans

1-3 today was good

hope we win again on sunday

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: September 28, 2010, 07:13:54 PM »
a win by anymeans

1-3 today was good

hope we win again on sunday

Yeah you keep hope alive buddy... lol

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: September 30, 2010, 09:50:56 AM »
I vote we  kidnap Drogba now!

CHELSEA V ARSENAL
Drogba relishing clash with 'favourite club' Arsenal
By ESPNsoccernet staff

September 30, 2010
Comment
 Email
 Print
 Chelsea striker Didier Drogba says that he can't wait to play against Arsenal this weekend, not because he has such a good record against the Gunners, but because they are one of his favourite teams.

GettyImages

Didier Drogba has netted 12 goals in 12 games against Arsenal

Drogba has scored 12 goals in 12 games against Arsene Wenger's side since joining Chelsea in 2004 and the Blues face their London rivals again on Sunday in one of the biggest clashes of the Premier League season.

Ahead of the game, Drogba has spoken of his admiration for Arsenal, but will not be going easy on the Gunners once the game starts.

"I love playing big games and I love playing against Arsenal, " Drogba told Sky Sports News. ''I always say that Arsenal is one of my favourite teams.

"When I was playing in France, Arsenal was an example for us because there were all these French players who used to play in the French league and went abroad to play for Arsenal with a French manager. So to play against them for me means a lot."

Both sides lost their last Premier League games, against Manchester City and West Brom respectively, and Drogba has underlined the importance of the fixture.

"I don't think we can afford to lose a second game, especially against Arsenal," he said. ''People have to know, and we know, that we're going to lose some games this season. But again, it's always good to win, it's always better to win.''

Drogba admits he was surprised to make an early exit from the defeat against City, after he was substituted with 15 minutes to go, however, the striker insists he respects manager Carlo Ancelotti's decision.

"I was surprised because I didn't expect that at that moment of the game," he added. ''But the managers always decide and I think he had some reasons and I understand them."

• Carlo Ancelotti will attend Chelsea's match against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge on Sunday despite the death of his father Giuseppe.

Giuseppe passed away in Italy on Wednesday night aged 87 with his son at his side. The funeral will take place on Saturday.

"Everyone at Chelsea sends our deepest condolences to Carlo and his family. They are all in our thoughts at this time,'' read a statement on the club's official website.

Assistant manager Ray Wilkins will take tomorrow's press conference in Ancelotti's absence.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: October 03, 2010, 09:27:31 AM »
This game is relentless pace.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: October 03, 2010, 09:34:19 AM »
Any live stream links?
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: October 03, 2010, 09:40:02 AM »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: October 03, 2010, 09:42:21 AM »
Same old Arsenal
Same old Drogba

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: October 03, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
Why was this game being discussed in here lol.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: October 03, 2010, 11:54:25 AM »
vex, vex vex arsenal lost...not like if if chelsea played that much better, arsenal had a few chances to even it at 1-1.   i'm still optimistic but any more defeats or points dropped and this title race will be over very, very soon.  chelsea seem to be the class of the league this season.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: October 03, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »
vex, vex vex arsenal lost...not like if if chelsea played that much better, arsenal had a few chances to even it at 1-1.   i'm still optimistic but any more defeats or points dropped and this title race will be over very, very soon.  chelsea seem to be the class of the league this season.

We are beatable...I would put Man City and Man Utd (when Rooney is on form) in our class....but not Arsenal.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: October 04, 2010, 07:32:00 AM »
i vex too

arshavin n koscielny woulda had stamford reeling in the first minute!

drogba just silly know the man not even trying real technique he just putting some part of his body and the ball going in, his goal look like a training ground fluke where the coach say if you doh touch the ball in the box when it cross i dropping you fuh d next 3 games!

alex free kick
hmmm all credit to him
none to the arsenal defence and arshavin that let malouda in the wall wtf????? he just roll behind the wall and whoopsy daisy they 2-nil n game dead

i feel we two cb were shell shocked by chelski speed n size arsenal always on a f**king learning curve

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2720 on: October 04, 2010, 09:48:13 AM »
the main difference between the two teams to me was the finishing, not the defending. for all that could be said about koscielny and squillaci's lapses, chelsea didn't defend that great either. arsenal just didn't punish their mistakes.

1. when chamakh flicked his header wide in the first few seconds, that wasn't good defending.
2. koscielny mistiming a jump and heading over from the six yard box - that was poor finishing more than it was good defending. 
3. drogba's goal was a great finish more than it was bad defending.
4. chamakh taking an extra touch and letting ramires get that tackle in - that was more bad finishing, than it was good defending.

... and the list can go on. to me is just that you tend to remember defensive lapses more when they're punished. (which is why people not focusing on fabianski's flap/punch in the first half that)

at the end of the day football is the business of scoring goals and arsenal couldn't and chelsea could.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2721 on: October 04, 2010, 09:49:54 AM »
on another note, i find song is trying to get forward too much this season.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: October 04, 2010, 10:06:36 AM »
Chamak coulda score about 3.

Dis kinda mess they like to do....walking the ball into the goal hadda stop.

Leggo bullet from outside and scramble in the rebound.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: October 04, 2010, 10:21:34 AM »

Drogba cost £24million from Marseille  and is now the finished product; Chamakh cost nothing and has potential. Football is much more than just about money but it is hard not to feel that these two players, the finances involved in their respective deals and their relative experience, represent an accurate approximation of why Arsenal keep falling short.

Arsene Wenger cannot hide from his striking problem
James Olley James Olley
Related links

* Comment: Not only Ancelotti’s men who are on-song
    * Michael Essien’s worried by threat of Manchester City as he tells champions to keep up title surge

Sponsored links
Ads by Google

Latest News and Views

Heskey says no, but Rooney wants in Capital set for Reds-Blues showdown

www.klikFC.com

Cheap Wholesale Jerseys

$9.9-29.9/pc,Baseball/Hockey/Soccer Basketball/Football.Free Shipping.

DHgate.com

Didier Drogba

View Live Scores, Latest Updates & More Soccer Info-Fast,Easy,Free Now

www.SoccerInferno.com

Vuvzela Manufacturers

Export direct to all countries All Original Football Products

www.vuvuzelasa.co.za

Whatever your perspective on how large the gap between Chelsea and Arsenal is at present, the latest adjustment to such analysis was most starkly defined by strikers on show at Stamford Bridge.

Both Didier Drogba and Maroaune Chamakh were below par but for differing reasons. The former is still struggling with fitness after starting the season with a groin injury, while the latter is feeling the effects of being thrown straight in at the business end in the absence of Robin van Persie.

Yet, Drogba extended his staggering record against the Gunners to 13 goals in 11 matches with a stunningly improvised finish from the only clear- cut chance he had, while Chamakh promised much only to fluff his lines before fading into anonymity.

Arsenal produced a display in which they pinned the champions back for extended periods but only to result in insufficient penetration and ultimately they were picked off by their more savvy opponents.

The obvious caveat here is that the Gunners were deprived of their focal point in Van Persie; a player who made a difference with a brace that earned an unlikely victory on this ground in 2008. But that, in turn, raises the wider issue of injuries undermining Arsenal's season yet again and the deja vu around the club could become corrosive.

The Gunners played badly and lost against Chelsea twice last season and although the performance was a marked improvement — notably bereft of the preferred spine of the side in Manuel Almunia, Thomas Vermaelen, Cesc Fabregas and Van Persie — the end result is the same.

Wenger believed his side conceded the title far too early two years ago as early defeats damaged morale and with trips to Manchester City, Everton and Aston Villa to come before December, a repeat is a major concern.

Where Chamakh faltered, Drogba prevailed and so the game was done.

“Their strikers were more clinical than ours and that made the difference because apart from that I believe Chelsea suffered a lot,” said Wenger.
“They were on the ropes for long periods in the game. We missed too many chances and in the final third you need to be more clinical offensively and defensively. We had a great team performance and great energy.

“You could see that Chelsea finished with cramps because they had to run a lot, so I give credit to my team. But we have to be more clinical to win titles — we can't lose a game like that.”

But they did. Again. This is, of course, not to lay the blame solely on Chamakh's shoulders — he has adapted impressively since his free summer transfer from Bordeaux — but his profligacy was indicative of a lack of ruthlessness that continues to separate Arsenal from Chelsea and Manchester United. Wenger complained about the failure to award his team a free-kick in the build-up to Drogba's opening goal but should have been more focused on Chamakh's decision to bottle a tackle with Ramires moments later.

The Brazilian consequently picked the ball up, exchanged passes and slid a delicious pass for Ashley Cole, who squared it for Drogba to flick the ball in off a post. Arsenal had looked impressive in possession and perhaps the more likely to score yet Chelsea delivered the hammer blow. Sound familiar?

From that point on, Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti, who coped admirably with the death of his father last week, adopted a game plan that allowed the Gunners territorial advantage in an effort to draw them in and hit on the break. One such foray resulted in Nicolas Anelka, who earlier missed a glorious chance to kill the game as Sebastien Squillaci gifted possession to the Frenchman, being hauled down by Laurent Koscielny 25 yards outside the box.

Alex stepped up to drill an unstoppable free-kick through a gap in the wall created by Florent Malouda's movement. “For us to beat them is always a delight, it's not always pleasant to look at but it was effective and I thought the lads were terrific,” said Chelsea assistant coach Ray Wilkins.

“Sometimes when you're playing this wonderful game of ours you can't always do what you want to do. You have to fight and scrap and I think we have that quality to do so.”

For Chelsea this was an affirmation that their resilience remains intact after defeat to Manchester City and the four-point gap heading into an international break will restore much of the confidence lost at Eastlands.

Arsenal have been here before. There were positives — Jack Wilshere excelled once again while Lukasz Fabianski was largely assured — but a seven-point deficit in October is ominous.
However much Wenger denies it, Arsenal fans feel that deja vu by the bucket load. “That is what people will say but I don't feel that,” he said. “I feel the two teams are really close.”

Drogba cost £24million from Marseille and is now the finished product; Chamakh cost nothing and has potential. Football is much more than just about money but it is hard not to feel that these two players, the finances involved in their respective deals and their relative experience, represent an accurate approximation of why Arsenal keep falling short.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: October 04, 2010, 12:21:10 PM »

But this is not just this season this is the same thing we was arguing in the Obi Mikel/Song debate. Arsenal have way too many ballers and attacking players for Song to be far up in the sauce beatsing men and getting involved in the approach play when he should be sitting back and playing a role. Its because of that Arsenal were getting continuously caught on the break.

But to be fair, this is likely more Wenger's fault than it is his.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: October 04, 2010, 12:33:11 PM »
yaow.. allyuh dont get tired..

its the same script running in Chelsea v Arsenal games for about the last 3 years running..

Arsenal will have more of the ball, show more attacking initiative, look pretty with some intricate touches and play. Will probably test Cech a few times and get a few chances which they will not take.

Then Drogba will score.

Then they will regroup, start pressing again, have the upper hand, put Chelsea on the backfoot...

Then Chelsea will score again.

Then they will get frustrated as Chelsea can sit back more, they will take chances, the game will open up and Chelsea will have opportunities to score even more on the counter attack.

Then at the end of the game, Wenger and the diehards will talk about how unlucky they are because they were the better side for long periods, they had chances they lapse defensively.

Its nothing to do with luck, its all tactical. Chelsea don't mind inviting Arsenal in their half, sitting and soaking up pressure because they know how vulnerable Arsenal are on the counter attack. Even if one of the chances, like Arshavin's, did go in then that doesn't mean things would turn out different. Chelsea would just adapt their tactics to press and push forward more.

8 months and a season later, what about this script has changed?

I can't lie, i have alot of respect for Arsenal and the kind of football they try to play and principles they try to stick to. But nothing to me suggests that their ambition is to win trophies in so much as it is to line pockets. And i find this disappointing to the competition. Spend some money to win titles allyuh cheap so and so, you will make it back in prize money and endorsements. If Wenger wasn't there to turn water into wine yuh wouldve had to spend anyway.

If the Arsenal board were to spend some money and buy Yaya, a good central defender and a good keeper they could easily run away with the EPL. Imagine the solution for a glaring weakness at central defence has been a weak Koscielney, an average Squillaci, old man Sol Campbell, shitong Silvestre and not-ready Senderos.

Just disappointing.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:37:34 PM by dinho »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2726 on: October 04, 2010, 09:47:50 PM »

But this is not just this season this is the same thing we was arguing in the Obi Mikel/Song debate. Arsenal have way too many ballers and attacking players for Song to be far up in the sauce beatsing men and getting involved in the approach play when he should be sitting back and playing a role. Its because of that Arsenal were getting continuously caught on the break.

But to be fair, this is likely more Wenger's fault than it is his.

I find I noticing it more this season. He's too eager to get forward. And he's also trying a lot more difficult passes when he should probably just hand off the ball to one of the more attacking midfielders. He/Wenger need to sort that out, cause you're right - it not helping the team on either end. 18 year old, Jack Wilshere, who is probably more skillful and creative, is playing more disciplined football than Song right now.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: October 05, 2010, 06:24:57 AM »
Fellas we play a virtually full strength chelsea minus Lampard without the fastest player in the league who was in form Walcott, our starting striker Van Persie, our skipper and the teams best player Fabregas and our best defender Vermalean   ..... not too mention Ramsey and Bendtner .. who are both back this month most likely this is not a repeat of last season our team is developing depth like you cyah believe ..... I think we gonna be ok this is the learning curve ... lets suppose chelsea were without terry, drogba , lampard and malouda you don't think they would be affected too?

I think we thinking doom and gloom too early the injuries have shown the depth we have and when we get the guys back we will be ok!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: October 05, 2010, 06:30:39 AM »
Fellas we play a virtually full strength chelsea minus Lampard without the fastest player in the league who was in form Walcott, our starting striker Van Persie, our skipper and the teams best player Fabregas and our best defender Vermalean   ..... not too mention Ramsey and Bendtner .. who are both back this month most likely this is not a repeat of last season our team is developing depth like you cyah believe ..... I think we gonna be ok this is the learning curve ... lets suppose chelsea were without terry, drogba , lampard and malouda you don't think they would be affected too?

I think we thinking doom and gloom too early the injuries have shown the depth we have and when we get the guys back we will be ok!

1. Lampard is one of our best players and he would have been infinitely better than Ramires.

2. Fair enough, you had many injuries....but you will always have many injuries, your players are injury prone. There will never be a time when you aren't missing 2 or 3 key players, so get used to it. When is the last time you had a full side for more than a month? Contrast with Chelsea, where big names like Lampard and Terry are almost never injured. It isn't just luck, its part of a player's physical profile.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2729 on: October 05, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »

I'm not thinking doom and gloom either. And to be honest, the Chelsea loss isn't that worrying for me. If Arsenal plays every game like that one they will beat most teams coming and going. It's games like West Brom that are really frustrating. So it's really the inconsistency in performance, and the consistent injuries that bother me.

1]; } ?>