April 23, 2024, 12:14:20 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 897016 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #2850 on: December 06, 2010, 07:40:48 PM »
Nasri for me is not just Arsenal's player of the season so far, but he's also the player of the league thus far too.  Jes my opinion

He's a poor man's Messi...

Stepped up big time this season so far.
A poor man's messi lol .... allyuh fellas just cynical for no reason.

A poor man's messi is a BIG compliment sah
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: December 06, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »
I now see the goals.  The commentator put it well, Nasri was doin ballet in the penalty box.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: December 07, 2010, 08:55:28 AM »
Looks like Carlos Vela is set to move in the January window. he has spoken to Wenger and wants to go where he can play more often. Odds on he will move to Zaragoza where he will join Mexico's 2010 WC  coach.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: December 07, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »

A poor man's messi lol .... allyuh fellas just cynical for no reason.

lol nah man Goz...I meant it as a compliment fuh real!!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: December 07, 2010, 08:04:55 PM »
Looks like Carlos Vela is set to move in the January window. he has spoken to Wenger and wants to go where he can play more often. Odds on he will move to Zaragoza where he will join Mexico's 2010 WC  coach.

i like that move for him...the man just aint step up this season...spain is ideal for a striker like him.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: December 07, 2010, 08:15:44 PM »

i like that move for him...the man just aint step up this season...spain is ideal for a striker like him.

he cah make the grade... hadda go to spain where they have space all over the place ... flop

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: December 08, 2010, 05:17:20 AM »
No worries kicker ... we all know Messi is the benchmark ... I like the move for Vela ... the boy have some talent!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: December 08, 2010, 06:17:22 AM »
So who is d replacement?

Cause Bendtner ent really striking fear into the hearts of any defender and Van Persie guaranteed a injury after starting a game.

I also find Chamak ent of Arsenal quality....he ok, but he ent special.

We need a man to score 15-20 goals a season. A proper fwd like Drogba, Torres, Eto, Tevez etc.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: December 08, 2010, 08:13:31 AM »
So who is d replacement?

Cause Bendtner ent really striking fear into the hearts of any defender and Van Persie guaranteed a injury after starting a game.

We need a man to score 15-20 goals a season. A proper fwd like Drogba, Torres, Eto, Tevez etc.

Wow! I guess no honeymoon for the man to settle in the EPL! By the way the already has 7 goals, my guess is he will probably hit 15
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: December 08, 2010, 09:13:54 AM »
So who is d replacement?

Wow! I guess no honeymoon for the man to settle in the EPL! By the way the already has 7 goals, my guess is he will probably hit 15

Nah we'll give him a honey moon period but I kinda get the point ... he score his 10 goals I not doubting that but other than hold up the ball and play it back ... he doh really look dangerous ... he eh go beat yuh  not super quick and unless he getting crosses and such he tends to be anonymous in alot of games.
He is def a good team player but the truth is if the other guys were fit and firing not sure he'd have been starting ... but he is def doing his job and he is integral but I mean he aint the forward to rip up the premier league.
I was kinda hoping the man to rip up the league for us would have been Walcott but since that injury he slow down significantly  :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:16:49 AM by Ngozi »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: December 08, 2010, 09:28:43 AM »
So who is d replacement?

Nah we'll give him a honey moon period but I kinda get the point ... he score his 10 goals I not doubting that but other than hold up the ball and play it back ... he doh really look dangerous ... he eh go beat yuh  not super quick and unless he getting crosses and such he tends to be anonymous in alot of games.
He is def a good team player but the truth is if the other guys were fit and firing not sure he'd have been starting ... but he is def doing his job and he is integral but I mean he aint the forward to rip up the premier league.
I was kinda hoping the man to rip up the league for us would have been Walcott but since that injury he slow down significantly  :(
slow down and not getting starts
he onlt effective getting behind defenses that take a high line
most sit back on arsenal so walcott becomes ineffective

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: December 08, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
So who is d replacement?

That is the reason he ent getting starts because he not showing that he making the adjustment to the teams player deeper ..... the boy have to learn to adapt ... and he so damn fast!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: December 08, 2010, 09:38:57 AM »
So who is d replacement?

Good point! I still say he should be utilized as a striker and or against teams that play deep, deploy him on the left (Like Villa) so he could cut insider and draw defenders to him
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: December 08, 2010, 10:11:09 AM »
If they were playing a 442  I wouldn't mind trying him as an out and out striker with Van Persie behind him to supply him as for playing him on the left with them two murderous last games Arshavin play there running at man and dinking them lil passes in there ... he cyah get no time in there lol.
Funny thing is if because he's playing the teams drop deeper if he is playing with a post up player pressing the defense deep this can open up alot of shots for the midfield with laybacks etc ... this team have options!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2864 on: December 08, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »
I think Chamakh is an important part of the team! He isn't going to take on players and isn't great running with the ball but he is (a) a threat in the air (b) someone who can hold up the ball (c) a hard worker. His effort to get onto everything wins the teams penalties even. And that different dimension has been very important for Arsenal in some game this season. I don't think he will necessarily be dropped if everyone was fit. Maybe that was the plan. But after his performances at the start of the season I think he's forced his way into the reckoning to continue holding down a starting spot. Cause there's no other striker on Arsenal's team that is doing what Chamakh does.

And I think Wenger is recognizing that. which is why we're seeing van Persie come on and play a deeper role, rather than replace Chamakh, in recent games. I feel like Wenger doesn't want to drop him and is now looking for a way to use both at the same time.

I disagree with the opinion that Chamakh is not that good because he doesn't have all the tools of a Drogba or Torres, cause sometimes being very good at your role is all that matters. In the same way there are different types of midfielders, there are different types of forwards. Saying he not that good cause he not as versatile, come like saying Makalele isn't all that good cause he doesn't have all the tools of a Xavi. The importance to me is his impact in the team. And from what I seeing he has a big one.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 10:40:21 AM by dwn »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: December 08, 2010, 12:29:06 PM »
I think the 2nd most important dimension Chamakh brings to Arsenal (#1 being goals) is to allow for a more direct approach - like they were able to do with Adebayor.

Bendtner should have been able to fill that role, but he tends to move around so much that when players are looking to serve up a cross, he's not in the box. 

Walcott seems to be pressing for goals. His speed would still be useful vs deeper defenses if he would use it to create chances for Arsenal and not mostly for Walcott.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: December 08, 2010, 05:47:29 PM »
So who is d replacement?

That is the reason he ent getting starts because he not showing that he making the adjustment to the teams player deeper ..... the boy have to learn to adapt ... and he so damn fast!

wenger needs to be more tactical with his players and team when teams know hat they need to do to stifle us

that said look at the technique in his goal today

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: December 08, 2010, 05:49:17 PM »
A couple times today I find Van Persie shoulda been selfish and taken a shot.  He lookin to pass too much.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2868 on: December 08, 2010, 05:55:40 PM »
Bendtner should have been able to fill that role, but he tends to move around so much that when players are looking to serve up a cross, he's not in the box. 

For me, the game against Braga (0-2 loss) was the clearest evidence that Chamakh is much better in the air than Bendtner/much better at playing in a direct style. Chamakh came on for Bendtner and immediately you saw a difference in terms of presence and headers won up top. I not sure why but think it has to do with aggression. I seen Bendtner score many goals with his head, but for some reason when he's contesting a long ball (with his back to goal) he doesn't attack the ball or time his headers as well. Bendtner also doesn't seem as willing to go into the aerial challenges.

Will be interesting to see how v. Persie, Chamakh and Fabregas fit into the lineup. Hoping they can all start. Drop Fabregas deeper to replace Wilshere/Denilson and leave v Persie in the hole behind Chamakh.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: December 08, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
A couple times today I find Van Persie shoulda been selfish and taken a shot.  He lookin to pass too much.

you could put any arsenal name in there and still be fact

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: December 08, 2010, 06:03:22 PM »

you could put any arsenal name in there and still be fact

Yeh Walcott did it too.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: December 08, 2010, 06:07:58 PM »
so here we go got the job done finally (effing spurs fans giving talk already)

now onto old trafford on monday

here's what the team looks like

flabianski

sagna koseilny/squillachi drjouru clichy

wilshire song nasri arshavin/rosicky

rvp chamakh

subs: walcott eboue bentner maybe cesc but i doubt he plays

this aint no easy task

manu aint lost all season and have prety much full strength

however this is another make or break game that arsenal need to deliver on in the prem

the last few vs spurs newcastle chelsea west brom we were either awful all game or aweful when it mattered or awefull in the second half

so heres to hoping nothing aweful happens on monday

wil be in an Arsenal bar in Chicago called "the Globe" so there will be some nice atmosphere

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: December 08, 2010, 06:50:42 PM »
VanP looked way off the pace and IMHO he should not have started. Maybe it was the fact that Song and Denilson played together (neither can hit a penetrating pass) and VanP had to come deep to get passes off them.
Nasri is magic behind the striker and using him wide right means that he is depending on service.  Why change the formula!
Arshavin is way too moody a player, talk about pull stones today.
Koseilny look good today, but Squillachi only backin back like a guyl in a Trini fete
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: December 08, 2010, 07:20:46 PM »
Wenger changed up the system today to accommodate Van Persie and Chamakk today but, if the most creative elements stuck on the wings that stifles creativity as it did today. A win is a win but this system won't work against manu!
Walcott looked hungry ... good!
Gibbs got injured .... again!
Rosicky might have been a better option  in the middle than Denilson!
We looked toothless!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2874 on: December 08, 2010, 09:06:18 PM »
Wenger changed up the system today to accommodate Van Persie and Chamakk today but, if the most creative elements stuck on the wings that stifles creativity as it did today. A win is a win but this system won't work against manu!
We looked toothless!

Agreed 100% - I don't see what Denilson brings to the team that Rosicky can't.

Wenger used the system, not just today, but in the last few games that van Persie played. My guess is that it's the only way he sees he can accommodate both van Persie and Chamakh.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: December 08, 2010, 11:28:50 PM »
We looked toothless!

Wenger used the system, not just today, but in the last few games that van Persie played. My guess is that it's the only way he sees he can accommodate both van Persie and Chamakh.
Denilson is probably the best ball winner on the team.
TnT Patriot

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: December 09, 2010, 05:38:01 PM »
We looked toothless!

Denilson is probably the best ball winner on the team.

really? because there are man y times he's caught ball watching or not tracking back and several of those times it lead to a goal either from the person he stopped tracking or the person assisted in the goal

for a team that conceded alot of goals they certainly like to leave it up to the defense too much

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: December 10, 2010, 01:05:43 PM »
That manu team have some guns ... really!!
Anderson, nani , rooney, berbatov  very dangerous team especially against our fragile defense .. I'm worried

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: December 10, 2010, 01:42:58 PM »
Anderson, nani , rooney, berbatov  very dangerous team especially against our fragile defense .. I'm worried

ditto...but ah keeping the faith!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

giggsy11

« Reply #2879 on: December 10, 2010, 03:30:55 PM »

Don't sleep on Park Ji!

1]; } ?>