March 29, 2024, 02:16:59 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891906 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #2970 on: January 06, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »
Ngozi, Stunner and Touches here is a question.
Should Wenger have simly taken Wilshire off, put on Chamak (or Bendtner), to deal with Kolo and kompany in the air, from Walcott and Nasri crosses, move VanP to the 10 position, pull Fabragas deeper in midfield.
Song had an excellent game yesterday and ManCity were so deep they really did not have to worry about getting caught.

Ah know u eh ask me but ah go jumbie de convo anyway.

I woulda take off Clichy....City had no attack whatsoever.....and Van Persie

Either Chamakh or Bendtner straight swap for Van Persie

Arshavin for Clichy

Push Fabergas further up to partner Nasri

Wilshere and Song holding the mid

Walcott and Arshavin attackin wide

Also.....I could have also subbed Fabergas for Rosicky.....Rosicky teaming up with Nasri just behind Chamakh

Or Bendtner for Fabergas...so you have a dual strike force (Bendtner and Chamakh) and Nasri behnd them.

But Arsenal not going to beat you on crosses so best you go with what yuh know.  

Woulda look like this

Sagna_____________________Djouru_________Koscielny____________

Walcott___________Wilshere___________Song (cover for Clichy)________________Arshavin

___________________________Fabergas__________Nasri_____________________________________________

_________________________________Chamakh/Bendtner______________________________________________

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:24:34 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: January 06, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
I felt he should not have taken off Walcott. Wilshire coulda come off and it should have been Rosicky on the wing instead of Arshavin...or let Nasri run it and put Rosicky Center.

Song was cleaning up everything.

Van P ketching back himself...he had the confidence to shoot.

Honestly the difference in that game was the miss by Walcott and the saves of Joe Hart. Also Arsenal hadda learn to pipe from outside some more and to do better on corners. This kinda walk in the goal frustrating.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: January 06, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »
This kinda walk in the goal frustrating.

I tell mehself the only explanation for this consistent type of play (not shooting but wanting to walk the ball in the goal) is that is what they practice all the time.

I cyah think of any other reason.  Every single player on the Arsenal team (except perhaps Arshavin) does it and it's too widespread for it to be coincidence.  It has to be what they do repititiously in practice.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: January 06, 2011, 06:06:46 PM »

I tell mehself the only explanation for this consistent type of play (not shooting but wanting to walk the ball in the goal) is that is what they practice all the time.

I cyah think of any other reason.  Every single player on the Arsenal team (except perhaps Arshavin) does it and it's too widespread for it to be coincidence.  It has to be what they do repititiously in practice.

They probably need a stint at El Madrigal .....to see how to finish after everyone has touched the ball ...wont you say ?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: January 06, 2011, 10:24:43 PM »

But Palos yesterday they were shooting alot more than they normally do  ... think they heading in the right direction ..... personally I think most teams who have that kinda ability to keep possession tend to do that though .....

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: January 07, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »
Good game today by Arsenal, early on they were passing Man City to death and created some excellent chances. Once the game went on City became more difficult to break down and Arsenal dropped off to prevent the counter attack. Once again IMHO Wenger made two substitution gaffs. Arshavin for Walcott (Arshavin brought Arsenal down to 10 men) and Bendtner for Wilshire and placing Bendtner wide. Neither sub had any impact what so ever and I would argue did less than the players that were substituted. Man City would be criticised in England and praised in Italy. The English press will see it as cowardly display, where as in Italy the press will see it as a an excellent tactical display.

bingo!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: January 07, 2011, 08:44:11 AM »
Ngozi, Stunner and Touches here is a question.
Should Wenger have simly taken Wilshire off, put on Chamak (or Bendtner), to deal with Kolo and kompany in the air, from Walcott and Nasri crosses, move VanP to the 10 position, pull Fabragas deeper in midfield.
Song had an excellent game yesterday and ManCity were so deep they really did not have to worry about getting caught.

i think chamakh would have been better for either bendter or AA keep walcott on he gets into the box and crosses sagna likes to link with him more than any other player

our midfeild is fluid, which is why song is allowed to go forward

as for jackie boy he needs to shoot more but i think he feels he not entitled to in the senior squad

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: January 07, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
Zabaleta wins red card appeal
January 6, 2011

* Email
    * Print

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta will be available to face Leicester Ciy in the FA Cup on Sunday after his red card was overturned by the Football Association.

Pablo Zabaleta gets his marching orders
PA PhotosPablo Zabaleta gets his marching orders

• Zabaleta red appealed by City
• Adams: City prove their point

Zabaleta was shown red by referee Mike Jones following an altercation with Bacary Sagna during their 0-0 draw at Arsenal on Wednesday night, but City have succeeded in having his three-match ban overturned following an appeal.

Both players were sent off but Arsenal ruled out an appeal against Sagna's dismissal after admitting the player had been overly aggressive.

An FA statement read: "At a Regulatory Commission hearing today, a claim for wrongful dismissal from Manchester City's Pablo Zabaleta was upheld. As a result, Zabaleta's three match suspension has been withdrawn."

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: January 07, 2011, 02:43:43 PM »
Wilshere: We must break teams down
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere feels teams are "scared" of being ripped apart at Emirates Stadium.
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2260492,00.html

But he has warned his team-mates not to "do anything silly" in Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie against Championship promotion hopefuls Leeds United.

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger has already indicated he will rotate the squad after what has been a draining Christmas schedule of four matches in the space of 10 days.

Arsenal remain very much in the Barclays Premier League title race following Wednesday night's frustrating goalless draw against rivals Manchester City.
However, they could have been closer to leaders Manchester United, who have a match in hand, after they hit the woodwork twice in the first half and Robin van Persie was also later denied by a fine save from England number one Joe Hart.

City boss Roberto Mancini was not bothered by chants of "boring, boring" from the home support after his expensively-assembled team failed to muster a single shot on target, but nevertheless left with a point which keeps them in second place.

England midfielder Wilshere, likely to be one of several first-team regulars rested against Leeds, believes such an approach is actually testament to Arsenal, who thumped Chelsea 3-1 on 27th December.

"We just have to learn to break teams down. City's approach was a credit to us and the way we play. Teams come here and they are scared and want to defend," he said.

"There are going to be a lot of teams who come here and defend and we have to learn to break them down.

"Leeds will bring loads of supporters and they'll be up for it, so we have to make sure we are up for it, not do anything silly and hopefully progress to the next round."

MANY CHANGES
Arsenal host Manchester United at the end of April, in what could yet be a decisive fixture.

Wilshere said: "We have got a point towards catching them and they have still got to come here, so it's still really open.

"When they come here, we can beat them."

Arsenal also have the first leg of their Carling Cup semi-final at Ipswich Town next week.

With goalkeeper Manuel Almunia, centre-back Thomas Vermaelen and midfielder Abou Diaby all on the road to recovery out of an uncharacteristically sparse treatment room, Wenger does not want to take any chances by overloading the rest of his team.

There will be at least enforced change as Bacary Sagna starts a three-match suspension after Wenger confirmed there would be no appeal against the right-back's needless red card for a clash with Pablo Zabaleta.

Emmanuel Eboue is a ready-made replacement, while fit again England defender Kieran Gibbs, having now recovered from his latest ankle injury problem, should come in on the left and young midfielder Aaron Ramsey could also feature after his return from a productive loan spell at Nottingham Forest.

"We will rotate. There are going to be changes, many changes," Wenger confirmed.

"I will certainly rest van Persie and maybe [Samir] Nasri. It will be another big game - you know the third round of the FA Cup is always very tricky.

"We need to swallow our frustration from the Man City match and quickly focus again for Saturday."
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: January 07, 2011, 09:28:49 PM »
lets see what the rotation can do

because the combo or squillaci and koscielny doesnt work

any of them with Johan or tommy and things safe

want to see ramsey get a run

but leeds aint no slouch team

think the team should be

woejic

eboue squill JD gibbs

rosicky denilson ramsey

Arshvin Chamakh Bendtner

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: January 08, 2011, 08:28:26 AM »
Losing to Leeds 1-0.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: January 08, 2011, 08:42:29 AM »
wow...what a comeback...leeds defended well but i still feel more clinical finishing first half woulda kill this game off

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: January 08, 2011, 08:48:03 AM »
Classless shithongs......

I could never understand Arsenal fans and booing their own players.... OK Arshavin out of Form.. but booing the man and then Wenger take off Chamakh for Theo and they boo the sub because they wanted Arshavin off

That's the way you guys treat your own?  Remember Eboue?

I have never seen United fans boo their own ... the other day Bebe had a shocker against Wolves and had to be replaced..as a sub... and United fans clapped him and cheered him on...  If that was Arsenal they would have booed him off the field and break his spirit

Allyuh acting like Arshavin is f**king shit... that man is pure gold.. when he's confident he could be up there with the best in the prem... All he needs is some backing.... continue to boo yes.. better for United

Nasty

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: January 08, 2011, 08:54:10 AM »

I could never understand Arsenal fans and booing their own players.... OK Arshavin out of Form.. but booing the man and then Wenger take off Chamakh for Theo and they boo the sub because they wanted Arshavin off

I have never seen United fans boo their own ... the other day Bebe had a shocker against Wolves and had to be replaced..as a sub... and United fans clapped him and cheered him on...  If that was Arsenal they would have booed him off the field and break his spirit

Allyuh acting like Arshavin is f**king shit... that man is pure gold.. when he's confident he could be up there with the best in the prem... All he needs is some backing.... continue to boo yes.. better for United

Nasty

::)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: January 08, 2011, 08:58:26 AM »
Well well, again the Gunners put themselves in a situation of scrapping for a result. Dominant first half, no finish. Far from me to question Wenger, but my gosh his substitutions are shocking. The best decision was placing Fabregas as one of the two central midfielder.
Rosinsky, Arshavin, Denilson, Scallachi all very poor today, some may even throw in Bendtner. Rosinsky and Archavin in particular were guilty of giving away the ball.

On another note on an earlier discussion. When Fabregas plays alongside a holding Midfielder (preferably Song), many positive things happen for Arsenal. First and foremost his distribution means that Arsenal begin to play a faster passing game. He can also hit both wide players earlier and with accuracy, stretching teams. Opposition push someone to stop his passing which mean space opens between their lines and attackers have more room to operate (plus he could find them with a short pass). He can also find more space to run from a deeper positions, which is hard to defend against.  
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: January 08, 2011, 09:31:16 AM »
Wow I didn't know what to write on here after that game draw .... I feel like I scribbling a journal .........really just writing what in meh head anyway a couple things. Every couple years comes a great player type ..... Maradona, Zizou, Messi, Pele impact players  ya know ...
Then you have players of lesser ability but whose strong point is similarly impacting .... that is Walcott ..... not the most technically gifted but just f**king fast in a direct kinda way .... I remember fast players like that Aston Villa had Toney Daley ..... TT had Marcelle, Nixon, Leonson is nothing you could train you just have to have it
St Marys had Jason rocke , Pres had Ruthven Thomas , Colin Osborne, and a man name "Sugars" , Benedicts had Martin Jordan (yeah Jordan but yuh is still a shit snake) , Naps had Adrian Bobb and Jerome lee Yaw.

Like I said I'm rambling just things that came into my head ... I guess what I'm trying to say is this Arsenal will never be as dangerous as when Walcott is on the field for them because at this particular point in the game there is nothing faster than that youth ... I don't even know if he will get to be the kind of player people would like him to be but right now with youth and fitness on his side it will be hell to hold him down... and barca could tell you that.

The other point I'd like to talk about is intelligence and character ... I remember telling someone that my fav baller in the world right now is Anderson .. even when he was injured and all that stuff .. didn't go with Messi because too much people on that wagon and Ronaldo is a bi - whining - primadonna ... for me to like yuh as a baller is not just on ability have to be on personal impression too ... loved zizou because he just works and works for his team ... Maradona lol is a coke head sorry to say but he was simply .... unstoppable!
So I liked Zizou but rated Maradona.
In terms of intelligence and character my fav baller have to be Fabregas hands down!
The reason  is this is ..... there is too many reasons for him not to be as good as he is ... he slow ... he small ... not the strongest .... but the boy will come on and grab a game by the scruff of the neck , get into tackles, get tackled  , juk here, juk there, juk everywhere and it doh matter how hot or pressure filled the game is and he is only 23! I saw a view of him yawning on the sidelines then he had to come on in this game (in this cold ass weather) and try to claw one back against Leeds who was defending for their life.... came on and he did well ... When he scored the penalty in the 90 min he run to the fans screaming for them to come on .... and trying to get his team mates motivated ..... when we all knew that the majority of them had settled for the draw and in some cases like (Arshavin) the loss ....... excellent,  excellent f**king player
Barca he worth 100 mill.

I watching this game eh and observe a couple things Arshavin confidence wise is shot and this is not good.... coodles for the manager in believing in him and trying to rebuild his game.

Rosicky still have touches to burn but drifts in and out of the game so his impact isn't as constant as it should be and when he has the game he loses the flow because he goes invisible for a minute or two also he likes to drift out on the wing alot ... so I guess I see why Arsene uses Wilshire instead of him in the middle.

Schillaci's confidence is shot right now I wouldn't say he is a particular bad defender but he has not adapted to the speed of the game and at 30 I fear it will be too late for him to do so because he is not particularly fast.

Djourou is getting better and better each game he wins it brings it down and plays it through his midfield on the ground ... excellent stuff!

Gibbs can cross the ball well decently composed think he played within himself a bit today because he had the whole injury jinx in his head

Ebouie needs to stop this diving shit .. hate players like that even on my team for f**k sake be a man!

Wosz did well especially with those silly back passes Schillaci give him bouncing and an excellent save on the header , really rate this youth Fabianski be afraid be very afraid.

Bendtner hmmm I dunno ..... I just doh see where he will fit in on this team anymore he have to do a lil better but it is obvious Arsene likes him.

Now to my man Denilson ... probably the most embattled player on this team .... the penalty hmmmm ... he is a bit slow and obviously a bit rusty but despite the pk he never gave up and the truth is he never gives up for his sake I glad we get the draw .... I think he is a tough lil player just going through a bad patch people only hate on him because he doesn't score more goals and such but he performs a very important role in the midfield he plugs gaps .. delays players giving others time to recover .. he is no where near as bad as people think ... I think he needs a personality adjustment like  Walcott he is a bit shy he needs to be more assertive especially in his role for the team and again its all about confidence.

Song .. umm he dye he hair  ok I get that but why he had to dye he beard too?
I worried that they playing him too much .... he need a rest his position and importance on that team might be the most demanding!

Arsene has to make the tough decisions to play players that we as supporters don't have to he trying to manage his players through ... the league, fa cup , carling cup and champions league .. he can't play his first team all the time..  and he have to give all the players time to stay fresh and not to be too rusty ...fact! ... if he lose he is a crix if he win he is a genius ... go figure!  

I glad we didn't get knocked and yuh have to give credit to Leeds they played tough congrats to them hope we give them 3 on the return game.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:34:35 AM by Ngozi »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: January 09, 2011, 01:38:45 PM »

Nasty
I don't like it when that happens
BUT
If the team were winning for the last 6 years you wouldn't be booing guaranteed, I think Liverpool have the most booing supporters ever
Plus aren't your supporters the ones who sing that nasty song about Wenger? Glass houses son glass houses

giggsy11

« Reply #2987 on: January 09, 2011, 03:11:35 PM »
Arshavan would frustrate the hell out of me if I was an Arsenal fan because he strikes me as a lazy and sometimeish player!He also comes off like he unfit and does bun after 6omins! I don't know if it is a Russian thing but Pavlochenco ( excuse the spelling) does come of the same way.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: January 09, 2011, 10:14:45 PM »
Arshavan would frustrate the hell out of me if I was an Arsenal fan because he strikes me as a lazy and sometimeish player!He also comes off like he unfit and does bun after 6omins! I don't know if it is a Russian thing but Pavlochenco ( excuse the spelling) does come of the same way.
Kinda like Berbetov too
TnT Patriot

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: January 09, 2011, 11:25:52 PM »

Nasty
BUT
If the team were winning for the last 6 years you wouldn't be booing guaranteed, I think Liverpool have the most booing supporters ever
Plus aren't your supporters the ones who sing that nasty song about Wenger? Glass houses son glass houses

Is Wenger our manager??

I could give a f**k what anyone chants about us or what we chant about them....  the argument is about the booing of your own team players

With a bag full of sweets
and a cheeky smileeee
 ;)
you know the rest

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: January 10, 2011, 07:05:22 AM »
Henry joins Arsenal for training
Former Arsenal captain Thierry Henry has started a training stint with the north London club to keep fit during the Major League Soccer's off-season.

The France striker, who plays for New York Red Bulls in the MLS, returned to Arsenal's training ground on Monday.

Henry remains a favourite with Gunners fans after scoring a record 226 goals in 370 games between 1999 and 2007.

The 33-year-old left Arsenal to join Barcelona in the summer of 2007 before signing for New York in July last year.

A statement on the Arsenal website said: "Thierry Henry is back at Arsenal.

"The short-term arrangement will help Henry maintain his fitness of the new MLS campaign, which begins in March.

"Henry joined the New York Red Bulls last year and helped them reach the play-offs, where they lost on aggregate to San Jose Earthquakes in November."

More to follow

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9354370.stm

Published: 2011/01/10 12:11:08 GMT

© BBC 2011
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

giggsy11

« Reply #2991 on: January 10, 2011, 07:30:58 AM »
Kinda like Berbetov too

Yep! But I don't consider Berbatov lazy more sometimish! Nah let meh take that back-Yes just like Berbatov! He does pick and choose when he will run after ball. And always quick tuh buf a man if he aint geh the ball wey he want it! The only player I think aint see him buf is Giggsy!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:30:43 AM by giggsy11 »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: January 10, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »
Kinda like Berbetov too

Yep! But I don't consider Berbatov lazy more sometimish! Nah let meh take that back-Yes just like Berbatov! He does pick and choose when he will run after ball. And always quick tuh buf a man if he aint geh the ball wey he want it! The only player I think aint see him buf is Giggsy!

The main difference is although Arsene like him, it have men to take he spot (well it taken already) so if he don't pick it up he will be rooted even deeper and deeper on the bench .... because he now competing with Walcott and Nasri for those two wing positions ... so he need to find some character fast ... plus it have a next youthman Eden Hazard who wanna come to Arsenal bad plus Ramsey need I say more.

Berbatov is a bit lazy but he's put in a better shift this season ... a bit fitter arguably United's most important player this season and he wants it ... Arshavin on the other hand loses the ball and walks back .. it's not his form that sucks it is his attitude!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: January 10, 2011, 07:54:24 PM »
This is why Cesc can't  leave Arsenal !

Global Player of the Year: Xavi

By Tom Adams
(Archive)

Sometimes, statistics can obscure. They can disguise shortcomings, flatter reputations or fail to communicate brilliance. After all, no sane critic would judge Pele on the percentage of his shots that hit the target, or rate Franz Beckenbauer on the strength of his ProZone figures. But sometimes, statistics can illuminate, and cold, hard, tangible facts do serve to illustrate just why Barcelona and Spain star Xavi is ESPNsoccernet's Global Player of the Year for 2010. After all, the notoriously self-effacing playmaker is unlikely to sing his own praises. We will have to let his statistics do the talking.

Xavi calls the tune for Barcelona and Spain - two of the great modern sides
GettyImagesXavi calls the tune for Barcelona and Spain - two of the great modern sides

• Review of the Year 2010

Across the breadth of 2010, on only 24 occasions did an individual player exceed 100 completed passes in one game. Xavi, who played nearly 90 times, was responsible for 12 of those landmarks. In the World Cup, he attempted a tournament-high 669 passes, with 544 finding their target - another record. In that defining and unforgettable rout of Real Madrid in November's clasico, he completed 114 of 117 passes. If possession is nine tenths of the law, then Xavi is demonstrably football's very own Judge Dredd, no side escaping his zero tolerance policy towards enforcing his superiority.

But it is not just the raw data that makes Xavi such an exceptional player, how could it be given he is a son of Barcelona, a city besotted with architecture, where the practice of construction and presentation is equal to the importance of function. Local hero Gaudi is the man who sculpted the Catalan capital, but now a new architect is feted in the city, a player who is the inspiration behind not one, but two of the most aesthetically pleasing and devastating sides of modern times.

At Barcelona, Xavi is the living embodiment of a philosophy of quick-moving, intricate possession football that was introduced by the iconic Johan Cruyff and originally channelled through Pep Guardiola. Now coach, Guardiola describes Xavi as "the best midfielder in the history of Barca", and at the heart of the vast majority of the club's brilliant moves over the past 12 months, stunning team goals that entailed scores of passes, is the quiet Catalan, dictating the flow and pace of the game with his masterful brushstrokes.

Perhaps Xavi's crowning glory was the 5-0 hammering of Real Madrid in el clasico at Camp Nou in November, a performance that led the normally rabidly pro-Madrid newspaper Marca to declare: "Xavi broke the game with 20 minutes of genius. There is no other like him. Xavi was a cyclone. He dominated all aspects of the game."

Meanwhile, with Spain, Xavi is equally a force of nature. The player who, at Euro 2008, shepherded Spain to their first major title since 1964 added the World Cup crown to his collection in July as Vicente del Bosque's side reigned supreme in South Africa, emerging from a fractious final against Netherlands with their necks adorned by gold thanks to a goal from Xavi's partner in crime at Barcelona, Andres Iniesta. But while his was not the decisive blow, it was Xavi, always central to Spain's pretty passing patterns, who shaped their tournament and ensured the consummation of a golden age of Spanish football.

Given the pre-eminence of both Spain and Barcelona in football culture at present, it is a certainty that in years to come, the term that denotes their shared style, tiki-taka, will become every bit as familiar an entry in the football lexicon as Brazil's joga bonito, or Netherlands' Total Football. Xavi, undeniably, inescapably, is the amplifier through which that phrase booms across the football landscape at present, and will echo through the sport's history.

Infamously, when Cristiano Ronaldo was named World Player of the Year in 2008 and Barcelona's maestro finished fifth, the Daily Mail ridiculously married a picture of the top five with the headline: "The best players of the world (and Xavi)".

Now, in a year when Xavi is joined by club colleagues Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta on the shortlist for FIFA's leading award, his genius can be ignored no longer. As the great Cruyff puts it: "Xavi deserves the Ballon d'Or more than anyone because it is necessary in a team to have a guy who makes things work. Xavi is the player who sets the rhythm, who takes care of possession. If Xavi has a bad day then Barca do not play even half as well."

That is the influence the quiet man wields in the best club and international teams on earth. That is why he is now recognised as a great of the game. That is why Xavi is our Global Player of the Year.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: January 11, 2011, 01:25:58 AM »
NICE KNOCK
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: January 11, 2011, 07:23:39 PM »

Nasty
BUT

Is Wenger our manager??

I could give a f**k what anyone chants about us or what we chant about them....  the argument is about the booing of your own team players

With a bag full of sweets
and a cheeky smileeee
 ;)
you know the rest
young man i agreed with you that booing ones own players is not acceptable
yet like many a rabid manu fan you feel the judgements you pass on other clubs players and supporters is not applied to yours

well you are wrong black and white

you cannot call our supporters and players "classless shithounds"
when your own supporters and you yourself engage in parallel classless shithound behavior

two wrongs dont make a right but dont stand in your glass house and throw stones

geddit? gotit? good
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:06:18 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: January 11, 2011, 07:32:52 PM »
right first chance to comment on Saturdays game

and again we had a team under the cosh but failed to kill them off
won't even bother to single out anyone as they all performed under par in attack

i will comment on theo dive (the one before the actual penalty) was a dive he owned up to him and glass he did
shows we arent the classless shithounds some ppl think we are

the penalty we won at the end was a penalty, pull a player back who is through on goal even for a slight amount and its a penalty, and fairness to theo he still tried to score even when going to ground

i am very disappointed in eboue slipping back to the form the got him booed in the first place

bendtner god almighty why wont he grab his chances?
AA trying but needs a lil bush bath and some anger
vela came on and i forgot he was on the pitch
lord knows what will happen at the replay in Leeds
big up to leeds for playing committed determined team football loved watching them play even if thier packed defense was frustrating it wasnt as frustrating as our performance

well up next Ipswich tomo same team who collected 7 from a very strong chelsea
but i have no idea what team wenger will play
probably similar to saturday

wojiech
eboue JD Koscielny Gibbs
wilshire denilson rosicky
AA Bendtner wallcot

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: January 12, 2011, 12:25:41 AM »
That looks the team right there!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: January 12, 2011, 02:41:55 PM »
All the computer analysis in football and yet the most telling stat. Arsenal ignoring.
Not one shot on net in 45 minutes.
No penetrating passes that trouble Ips.
No hunger from several players. Bendtner & Arshavin need
to be dropped. Seriously! They playing like they entitled.

One studio analysis just said Arshavin playing like he wants to go back to
Russia.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: January 12, 2011, 03:02:13 PM »
Sorry Analyst!
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>