April 19, 2024, 10:30:46 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 896153 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #3090 on: January 30, 2011, 06:44:10 PM »
didnt see game so small mag hardluck on your small time try at putting the cat amongst the pigeons

hope nasri injury and squiallci red card dont bite us in the ass

i think its shit that arsenal had to play sunday then turn around and play on tues wtf? what would another day do to the FA???

Whatever yes everton played thier hearts out and still only earned a replay with chelski

hope the side on tues is

wojiec

sagna LK JD clichy

song cesc wilshire

walcott rvp AA/bentner

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3091 on: January 30, 2011, 08:28:53 PM »
i agree with small magician, the penalty was weak. but if you going to call the foul, then it should be a red card just based on the rules of denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. but you're right- it was weak and fabregas was all up in the ref face calling for the red (which i couldn't care less about, but commentators always frown upon players doing that).

I am convinced that Denilson is Wenger outside child.

:rotfl:- I think young Brazilians are better off continuing their football education in Brazil and move overseas 21 and up. I think they go to Europe at a young age and their football instincts get jammed due to attempts to change how they play.

when denilson first broke into arsenal's team he showed so much more promise than he's showing now. the only reason he didn't make more of an impact that first season is because he got injured and flamini came in and had an amazing season. that said, i don't know what happened to him. i almost feel like he got physically weaker. i not sure if i remembering right, but did he have shoulder injuries? maybe he didn't recover psychologically from that, cause he was an aggressive, tough tackling player when he first came onto the seen, but now he is the easiest player to push off the ball and his tackling is usually a half-hearted "lean one way and stick out a foot in the opposite direction" kinda chook.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 08:30:32 PM by dwn »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: January 30, 2011, 08:32:16 PM »
I'd like to see Rosicky in there instead of  Arshavin or Bendtner!
Similar type player that needs to get his sharpness back by playing more  ..... creative element like Nasri and a hardworker ... I think he can be an impact player.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: January 30, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »
i agree with small magician, the penalty was weak. but if you going to call the foul, then it should be a red card just based on the rules of denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. but you're right- it was weak and fabregas was all up in the ref face calling for the red (which i couldn't care less about, but commentators always frown upon players doing that).

I am convinced that Denilson is Wenger outside child.

:rotfl:- I think young Brazilians are better off continuing their football education in Brazil and move overseas 21 and up. I think they go to Europe at a young age and their football instincts get jammed due to attempts to change how they play.

when denilson first broke into arsenal's team he showed so much more promise than he's showing now. the only reason he didn't make more of an impact that first season is because he got injured and flamini came in and had an amazing season. that said, i don't know what happened to him. i almost feel like he got physically weaker. i not sure if i remembering right, but did he have shoulder injuries? maybe he didn't recover psychologically from that, cause he was an aggressive, tough tackling player when he first came onto the seen, but now he is the easiest player to push off the ball and his tackling is usually a half-hearted "lean one way and stick out a foot in the opposite direction" kinda chook.

There is always one common factor with the best of defensive midfielders .... aggression ... he doesn't have it and I feel it's a direct result of his confidence .. or rather loss of it.
The funny thing is this if he made up his mind to up his level of aggression he could be an impact player mainly because most of arsenal players are touch players even their defenders with the exception of sagna.. play touch ... a significant rise in his level of aggression could easily stand out in a team like this and it could even help his find his niche in this team ... as it stands he is a lost soul!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: January 31, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »
Right now I bummy...

Wenger pulling facking stones.

Go and buy a center back NOW...is 10 hrs till the window close.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: January 31, 2011, 08:56:14 AM »
Right now I bummy...

He eh go buy ... the most yuh could hope for is a loan he doh wah the wage bill plus  he banking on Vermalean coming back in a month.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: January 31, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »
Right now I bummy...

Short of building ah wall, anybody yuh put in the back dey go get eat up from Messi and co.

Més que un club.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: January 31, 2011, 11:10:52 AM »

Oh yes and f**k Barca .. if they want it come and get it!

Coming honey!!

lol I now see this shit lmao

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: January 31, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »
I'd like to see Rosicky in there instead of  Arshavin or Bendtner!
Similar type player that needs to get his sharpness back by playing more  ..... creative element like Nasri and a hardworker ... I think he can be an impact player.

that is a damned if you do and damned if you dont choice

i do think AA recently is trying harder just a lil bit unlucky and needing some confidence

rosicky will fill in for nasri vs everton i am sure

team might be

Wojiec

sagna LK JD clichy

Song Cesc rosicky

walcott rvp AA

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: January 31, 2011, 06:55:46 PM »
haha its hilarious how easy allyuh crack up from a little mind game sentence... I thought GunnerStunner would have come out and snapped 1st..but you take the cake

In all honesty bossman I hope yall beat them...but I highly doubt it and the task just got harder..I'm being realistic...  but good luck.. it will be needed

you might have a smart mout but yuh not so smart yout

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: January 31, 2011, 06:58:12 PM »
arsenal second sting cant hold a candle to a full strength first team

watching this fa cup game and the defense all over the place

boo for denilson ands squillaci lame half hearted shift

chamakh seems to have gone off the boil which isnt a good thing

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: February 01, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »
Seriously FA? That's what passes for onside? That's what passes as an official?

f**k you

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: February 01, 2011, 03:22:23 PM »
The officials are having a terrible outing. But it is a fun game to watch though
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: February 01, 2011, 03:52:22 PM »

f**k you

To be fair The ball was played back by the Arsenal defender to Saha technically becomes onside. Seldom called because it happens so fast, but its the right decision.

On another note I hope the FA look at Arteta faking he got stamped and rolling all over the place. Everyone seems to be in on this act and it needs to be addressed
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: February 01, 2011, 04:52:16 PM »

f**k you

To be fair The ball was played back by the Arsenal defender to Saha technically becomes onside. Seldom called because it happens so fast, but its the right decision.

On another note I hope the FA look at Arteta faking he got stamped and rolling all over the place. Everyone seems to be in on this act and it needs to be addressed
You couldn't be more wrong on your interpretation of the offside rule.
TnT Patriot

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: February 02, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »

f**k you

Ah waiting! What is the offside law? I know Saha was in an offside position when the ball was played. So take it from there and explain!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: February 02, 2011, 11:38:36 AM »

f**k you

Ah waiting! What is the offside law? I know Saha was in an offside position when the ball was played. So take it from there and explain!

Ah doh want to get in the middle of this...but from what I know...as long as the player was offside when HIS team mate passes the ball to him, it does not matter who touched it before he receives the ball, he is still offside. But let say the Arsenal defender controlled the ball and then he attempted to pass the ball back to his keeper, then the offensive player is no longer offside. In this scenario, the ball hit the defender and end up at the feet of Saha who was already offside, even before the defender touched the ball, so he is in this case was offside. Hope this is clear, if I am wrong then someone needs to explain it to me too  :)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: February 02, 2011, 11:50:04 AM »

f**k you

Ah doh want to get in the middle of this...but from what I know...as long as the player was offside when HIS team mate passes the ball to him, it does not matter who touched it before he receives the ball, he is still offside. But let say the Arsenal defender controlled the ball and then he attempted to pass the ball back to his keeper, then the offensive player is no longer offside. In this scenario, the ball hit the defender and end up at the feet of Saha who was already offside, even before the defender touched the ball, so he is in this case was offside. Hope this is clear, if I am wrong then someone needs to explain it to me too  :)

Big Up!

Understood, but their is a difference  between touch it and played by.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: February 02, 2011, 12:02:37 PM »

f**k you

Big Up!

So are you saying that the defender "played" the ball to the forward? I think that's like saying if the ball had reached in the box and the keeper picked it up, then it would be a back pass...no?

I see it as a continuous play and if the forward was initially offside, then he is still offside...the defender has a right to try and prevent the ball from reaching the forward...the ball bouncing off his foot and then going to the already offside forward makes no difference.

How many times you see a keeper punt a long ball up and a defender jumps up for the ball, the ball hits his head and goes to a forward and the whistle blows for offside? It happens all the time.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: February 02, 2011, 12:14:58 PM »

f**k you

Big Up!

So are you saying that the defender "played" the ball to the forward? I think that's like saying if the ball had reached in the box and the keeper picked it up, then it would be a back pass...no?

I see it as a continuous play and if the forward was initially offside, then he is still offside...the defender has a right to try and prevent the ball from reaching the forward...the ball bouncing off his foot and then going to the already offside forward makes no difference.

How many times you see a keeper punt a long ball up and a defender jumps up for the ball, the ball hits his head and goes to a forward and the whistle blows for offside? It happens all the time.

Big Up!

That is what I am saying. Yes! Assistant Referee ruled that the ball was played into the path of Saha. So no offside!  I am sayingthat,  that is his interpretation. As I said seldom ever called. Now I wrote that before both Sky Sports news and the BBC are quoted as saying : Sky Sports

Arsenal's defenders were screaming for a whistle, but a deflection from the swinging boot of Koscielny was presumably deemed to have changed the phase of play amid the general confusion of the offside rule, and referee Mason, having consulted with his assistant, Stephen Child, allowed the goal to stand.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: February 02, 2011, 12:26:49 PM »

f**k you

Big Up!

Big Up!

That is what I am saying. Yes! Assistant Referee ruled that the ball was played into the path of Saha. So no offside!  I am sayingthat,  that is his interpretation. As I said seldom ever called. Now I wrote that before both Sky Sports news and the BBC are quoted as saying : Sky Sports

Arsenal's defenders were screaming for a whistle, but a deflection from the swinging boot of Koscielny was presumably deemed to have changed the phase of play amid the general confusion of the offside rule, and referee Mason, having consulted with his assistant, Stephen Child, allowed the goal to stand.

That's the problem right there! INTERPRETATION by the ref...but we can't argue with that..if that's how they interpreted it, then that's how it goes. I beg to differ though! :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: February 02, 2011, 01:47:49 PM »

f**k you

Big Up!

Big Up!

or how bout a keeper passes a ball out to his last defender and the ball is intercepted by another player who was standing in an offside position.

Remember what happened with Nani vs Tottenham earlier this year where Gomez placed the ball on the ground and nani ran on to it and scored.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: February 03, 2011, 05:58:48 AM »

f**k you

Big Up!

Big Up!

or how bout a keeper passes a ball out to his last defender and the ball is intercepted by another player who was standing in an offside position.

Remember what happened with Nani vs Tottenham earlier this year where Gomez placed the ball on the ground and nani ran on to it and scored.
That is not offside because he is behind the ball.

It was offside, Observer, because the defender never had control of the ball so it can't be deemed that he played the ball to the forward. Secondly, Saha was going to a ball played to him in an offside position even before the touch from Koscielny. That would make him offside from the onset of the play. Thirdly, both managers agree that it was offside. Need I say more?
TnT Patriot

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: February 04, 2011, 07:28:59 AM »
Fellas enough already

Game ahead

Away to newcastle and I must say they might be playing with something to prove after losing Andy Carroll
But they are left with their second string attack
But that nuisance Tiote is back from injury

Arsenal squad lil bruised

Wojiec
Sagna LK JD Clichy
Diaby cesc rosicky/wilshire
Waclott RvP AA

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3114 on: February 04, 2011, 08:08:06 AM »

the nani situation was different tho. there was no question of offside there. everyone stopped because nani handled the ball. then gomes put the ball down to take a free kick that the referee never actually blew for and nani kicked it in. when the gk has the ball in the possession, a striker doesnt need to be in an offside position. offside only matters in situations involving a pass from a teammate.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: February 05, 2011, 09:13:09 AM »
Somebody should tell Newcastle there's a game on...

giggsy11

« Reply #3116 on: February 05, 2011, 09:29:44 AM »
It good for newcastle-that is what they get for firing Hutton and replacing him with that recycled waste called pardew!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: February 05, 2011, 10:26:14 AM »
Is so funny to me Joey Barton try to break Diaby leg and Diaby get red carded ... Excellent stuff ref!

giggsy11

« Reply #3118 on: February 05, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »
Arsenal players better watch their backs that some of those Newcastle players don't try to take them out with the score what it is. Especially if they feel they getting shown up.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: February 05, 2011, 10:45:22 AM »
Diaby need to do laps for the rest of the week.
Every week I does say the same thing though. Arsenal need to stop playing with they food.

1]; } ?>