April 23, 2024, 09:16:22 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 897133 times)

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #3210 on: February 27, 2011, 12:09:03 PM »
steups...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: February 27, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »
As much as I am hoping that arsenal win tomo

I have one eye on Chelsea v Manu

But!

No faith that Chelsea will take any points off manu over both games

Chelsea just not looking like they can beat a top 4 team right now

...well....whatever dat "other" eye was/is on, yuh could take it and put on Barca now (unless yuh only have one eye, like Sauron) because allyuh dreams seem to be startin' to fall apart.....yet again.  I really thought allyuh had dis one in de bag.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: February 27, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: February 27, 2011, 12:14:49 PM »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: February 27, 2011, 12:20:30 PM »
Unlucky Gunners, time to concentrate on the Premiership.This game ended in a worst case scenario for you guys...lost the game and lost Van Persie....dont look now, but this season could go the way of every other...a bunch of small men wid loads of talent but loads of injuries...I dont envy you trying to take on Barca without RVP/Fabregas/Walcott.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: February 27, 2011, 12:20:55 PM »

DHW, yuh real wicked  :rotfl:

Hard luck gunners fan, yuh still in CL and BPL chase
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: February 27, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »
Unlucky Gunners, time to concentrate on the Premiership.This game ended in a worst case scenario for you guys...lost the game and lost Van Persie....dont look now, but this season could go the way of every other...a bunch of small men wid loads of talent but loads of injuries...I dont envy you trying to take on Barca without RVP/Fabregas/Walcott.

If Chelsea doh handle business on Tuesday, (which they better had!) arsenal could forget about the Primiership. 
As far as their injury situation against Barca, arsene9 has been taking a few pages out fergie book over the years, so I expect him to play media games with the availability of those injured players up until matchday. That being said, things lookin' bleak for arsenal at this point.

giggsy11

« Reply #3217 on: February 27, 2011, 12:41:07 PM »

giggsy11

« Reply #3218 on: February 27, 2011, 12:46:30 PM »
Hardluck Gunner fans; well done Birmingham! That is Arsene9's fault; thinks he can knock ball and get by with an inferior defense and keeper! Which Birmingham won because they had the better defense and keeper! Van Persie is a borse striker tho!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: February 27, 2011, 12:50:23 PM »

But!

you have a cup final, your first real chance to win something since 2005 , and you have an eye on United.. ways allyuh closet fans peaking out clear as day hoss

so keep yuh eye on us and not 100% on ur own ting...I hope your eyes shed tears when Brum stun yuh and hopefully we get 3 points at the bridge

Halfway there with my prediction

OBAFEMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: February 27, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »
Tight game. Hard luck about the result. Towards the end Arsenal looked like they would take it but Foster was a hero. Then Szczesny and Koscielny hit de self destruct button. Question to the Man U fans on de thread. Why the hell Fergie get rid of Foster?

I doh know boy. Gunners must be the unluckiest team in history. This getting to be like "Neverkusen".
Victoria concordia crescit

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: February 27, 2011, 01:30:57 PM »
Tight game. Hard luck about the result. Towards the end Arsenal looked like they would take it but Foster was a hero. Then Szczesny and Koscielny hit de self destruct button. Question to the Man U fans on de thread. Why the hell Fergie get rid of Foster?

I doh know boy. Gunners must be the unluckiest team in history. This getting to be like "Neverkusen".

He couldnt handle the pressure

He admitted it recently..  hear him na.. he say he want to have fun in football and enjoy it and at United its too much pressure... we have no time for pussies, we expect ambition and desire to want to win trophies ...

He is a great shot stopper and a brilliant keeper on his day.. I thought he could have been our next big keeper but he f**ked up

Some people cant handle it.. unfortunately he was one of them... glad for him though.. he was tops today.. no ill feelings.. was just upset at some of his comments

giggsy11

« Reply #3222 on: February 27, 2011, 01:38:02 PM »

Like Small said, Foster can't handle pressure and he use to be vapsin during matches. That shite he did against Man City when he let Tevez hustle him of the ball to set up Barry, was prime example. He did some same vapsy shite playing for England. I think he is at the level where he is comfortable. I do enjoy it doh when he plays well agianst our rivals.

giggsy11

« Reply #3223 on: February 27, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »
"Breaking News: moths sign new tenancy extension for Arsenal trophy cabinet.

When interviewed, Mr Moth said "we didn't bother packing before the game, there was no point. We may be moths, but we aren't f**king stupid. "

A quote written by a fan in the Guardian newspaper.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: February 27, 2011, 02:17:48 PM »
This time last year, Arsene Wenger claimed that whilst he was desperate to end Arsenal’s trophy drought, stretching all the way back to 2005, he didn’t regard the League Cup as a trophy.

“It’s very important that we win something,” Wenger said. “We’re here to win trophies. But it depends on what you call trophies. Is it the Champions League, the Premier League, the League Cup? If you win the League Cup, for me, you cannot say that you win trophies.”

As grown men stood inside Wembley stadium crying today, after watching Birmingham score a late winner thanks to a monumental f**k up from Wojciech Szczesny and Laurent Koscielny, it’s hard to believe they shared the opinion of their manager.

It was an odd day, starting with Arsenal players showing up at Wembley in their trackies, rather the customary suits.

Then, a few minutes in to the game Lee Bowyer beat the offside trap and was one on one with the keeper. Szczesny brought him down and didn’t win the ball but was saved by the linesman who incorrectly flagged Bowyer as offside. Replays showed he was a good two yards onside. Had the linesman got the decision right, Birmingham would have been awarded a penalty and Arsenal would have gone down to ten men. This decision was the latest of a long line which make a mockery of Szczesny’s claim earlier this season that it is Manchester United who always got the decisions.

From that point on, you couldn’t see past an Arsenal win, particularly when considering the 14 places that separate them in the league. But Arsenal failed to pick up Zigic to make it 1-0 and after a cracking Robin van Persie equaliser, couldn’t save them, and then threw away the trophy thanks to a bizarre lack of communication at the back.

Szczesny has been very vocal on Twitter, most recently trying to take the piss out of Ashley Cole for his penalty miss against Everton in the FA Cup. “Is it a plane? Is it an aeroplane? No, its just ashley throwing chelsea out of the fa cup.” It’s safe to say he deserves all the piss taking which will now come his way after throwing Arsenal out of the League Cup final.

Ben Foster was Man of the Match for United when we won the competition back in 2009 and was Man of the Match again today for Birmingham. Ahead of the game he claimed that United didn’t even bother celebrating the trophy then, that is was business as usual in training the next day, but there’s no doubt Birmingham will be celebrating this one.

As for Arsenal, yet another opportunity to win a trophy passes them by and despite what Wenger believed last week, they now can’t win the quadruple. At least they don’t spend a lot of money in the transfer market though. That’s a real achievement.
http://therepublikofmancunia.com/its-a-good-job-arsenal-dont-care-about-the-league-cup/

Szczesny.. I know he is a kid but his twitter rants are amusing .. he always talks about United and slammed Ashley Cole recently for his pen miss

Hope he ready for the banter coming his way.. talk talk talk.. karma bitch

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3225 on: February 27, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »
Arsenal is de absolute worst.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: February 27, 2011, 03:11:58 PM »
Goes to show that football is about match ups and not always "aggregate superiority" (for lack of a better term).

Arsenal is superior to Birmingham in aggregate...but Birmingham put their size advantage to good use on the day.

Barca is superior to Arsenal in aggregate, but Arsenal put their speed and discipline to good use on the day

Arsenal beats Barca then ties with Leyton Orient and loses to Birmingham...

The beautiful game....

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: February 27, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »
Goes to show that football is about match ups and not always "aggregate superiority" (for lack of a better term).

Arsenal is superior to Birmingham in aggregate...but Birmingham put their size advantage to good use on the day.

Barca is superior to Arsenal in aggregate, but Arsenal put their speed and discipline to good use on the day

Arsenal beats Barca then ties with Leyton Orient and loses to Birmingham...

The beautiful game....

Doesn't feel so beautiful today. But same as I said with Barca game. Barca is better on paper, but they play football on grass. Same with Arsenal and Brum. They were disciplined and took their chances. Fair play to them. And their keeper was better than ours. Szczesny was due a bad game though. He has been excellent before this. Oh well, pick yourselves up Arsenal. Still 3 pots to play for.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: February 27, 2011, 05:19:46 PM »
nice nice news to come home to  ;D
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: February 27, 2011, 08:44:01 PM »
I does feel so sorry for dis side at times yes.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: February 28, 2011, 06:20:49 AM »
Stupid mistake late in the game
Arsenal beat themselves and credit to birmingham
Forget all the what ifs, it was a good game we effed up and they deserve it

Eye still on Chelsea not having what it takes to beat manu twice this aseason
I only care because it would help us if they did

That doesn't take away that arsenal have to groo themselves and win all their prem games

While navigating a fa replay, then sunderland, then barca and if we make it through fa cup to face manu and face them in the league where if chelses fail to take points off them arsenal will have to beat them

But if we slip before that game and chelsea haven't beat them then it wouldn't matter

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: February 28, 2011, 10:32:48 AM »

But!

you have a cup final, your first real chance to win something since 2005 , and you have an eye on United.. ways allyuh closet fans peaking out clear as day hoss

so keep yuh eye on us and not 100% on ur own ting...I hope your eyes shed tears when Brum stun yuh and hopefully we get 3 points at the bridge
i love the brazen bullshit manu fans come out with
all because of fergie and his players success
yet you fail to realise your continue to show no class whatsoever you might be winners and champions but you surely act like low class scum.
true colors always shine through
manu colors arent red or green and gold its shit brown

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: March 01, 2011, 02:18:52 PM »
Van Persie out of Barca trip
RivalsDM
PRINT RSS 65 comments »Updated Mar 1, 2011 12:48 PM ET
Robin van Persie will miss Arsenal's Champions League trip to Barcelona after being ruled out for at least three weeks with a knee injury.

Van Persie sustained the injury in Sunday's Carling Cup final defeat by Birmingham.

However, Arsene Wenger described Cesc Fabregas as a "possible" for the Nou Camp trip after revealing he is making quick progress in his rehabilitation from a hamstring problem.

CL Scores | Tables | Fixtures
Losing Van Persie is a seismic blow to Arsenal's hopes of staging another upset against the Spanish champions.

The in-form 27-year-old Holland striker sustained the injury in the act of scoring Arsenal's equaliser during the 2-1 defeat at Wembley.

The goal was his 13th in 11 games - a haul that includes the equaliser against Barcelona in the first leg, which the Gunners edged 2-1.

"Unfortunately, we had bad news on the scan and he will be out for the next three weeks for sure," Wenger told Arsenal TV Online.

"It could be longer. The shortest delay we can imagine is three weeks, so he is definitely out for Barcelona."

The loss of Van Persie has been slightly tempered by the encouraging update on Fabregas' fitness.

The Spain midfielder sustained his hamstring problem against Stoke last Wednesday but has responded well to treatment.

He will definitely miss Wednesday's FA Cup fifth-round replay against Leyton Orient and Saturday's Barclays Premier League showdown with Sunderland, but could return for Barcelona.

"Cesc is looking possible [for that game]. He is making quick and good progress. It is possible," said Wenger.

Theo Walcott, who had already been ruled out against Barcelona, remains a fortnight away from recovering from his sprained ankle.

"He is out. We said from the day he got the injury against Stoke you could count three weeks," said Wenger.

Alex Song incurred a knee problem against Birmingham and will miss the tie against Orient tomorrow, but should return against Barcelona.

Laurent Koscielny is nursing a minor hamstring problem and will be rested for the replay

Manuel Almunia will start in goal with Wojciech Szczesny on the bench and midfielder Abou Diaby is expected to feature.

"Alex Song has a knee problem. From his scan we had good news, it is only blood from a kick on the outside of his knee," said Wenger.

"He is out for Leyton Orient and has a very small chance for Saturday. But he has a good chance for Barcelona.

"Koscielny has a tight hamstring. There is a little bit of fatigue in there as well so we will give him a breather.

"Almunia needs games so he will play, but Wojciech is all right and will be on the bench.

"Diaby was not in the squad on Sunday. I was cautious with him.

"He has missed many games this season and I did not want to take a gamble with the intensity of a cup final. He will play tomorrow night."

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: March 01, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »
Park the bus bread van!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: March 01, 2011, 04:10:25 PM »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: March 02, 2011, 10:03:16 AM »
orient at arsenal today

must say the line up not looking like it will rais any kinda spirits except alcohol after the game

Almunia ( :o )
Eboue Squillaci Miquel Gibbs
Diaby Rosicky Denilson
AA Chamakh Bendtner

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: March 02, 2011, 10:04:33 AM »
orient at arsenal today

must say the line up not looking like it will rais any kinda spirits except alcohol after the game

Diaby Rosicky Denilson
AA Chamakh Bendtner

That should be enough to beat L. Orient- especially at home. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: March 02, 2011, 10:22:40 AM »
orient at arsenal today

Diaby Rosicky Denilson
AA Chamakh Bendtner

That should be enough to beat L. Orient- especially at home. 

orient coming with same game plan plus a spring in thier step like every team that we face knowing if they try hardenough the can get soemthing and even beat us or force us to beat ourselves

that said with more space and better surface at home orient might be chasing shadows this time around

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: March 02, 2011, 11:52:48 AM »
Park the bus bread van!

...and walk wit a mechanic!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: March 02, 2011, 11:56:59 AM »
Park the bus bread van!

...and walk wit a mechanic!

eh squared what all yuh really talking about? who parking what vehicle where?

1]; } ?>