April 27, 2024, 06:23:54 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 899957 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #3390 on: April 02, 2011, 01:01:00 PM »
That sucks today takes a miracle now

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: April 02, 2011, 04:05:43 PM »
That sucks today takes a miracle now
Must win all and hope for United to drop points. Once again Wenger takes too long with the subs and not enough forward running. Wilshere has to learn the confidence to shoot as well.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: April 02, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »
I only hope when we start to succeed we can remember to be humble in our success

Yuh know show them how real winners carry themselves

All yuh not humble now and allyuh havent won shite!

excuse me?

keep it up bro just proving the point that most manu fans are arrogant sob's when it comes to thier club and treatment of other clubs and thier supporters
stop sulking and looking for sympathy
Oh I love it!

Take it to new levels there!

If I want sympathy I'll get a dog

And I am certainly not sulking

:whistling:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: April 03, 2011, 11:04:04 AM »
I only hope when we start to succeed we can remember to be humble in our success

excuse me?

keep it up bro just proving the point that most manu fans are arrogant sob's when it comes to thier club and treatment of other clubs and thier supporters
Oh I love it!

Yeah Stunner. You were right about some Manure supporters being arrogant c*nts. Case in point.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 06:48:47 AM by dansteel »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: April 04, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »
ah well
i hope we win the rest of the games an finish on some sort of a bitter sweet end to this season.
its out of our hands even if us and chelsea beat manu it stil lleaves them one point ahead and still leaving it up to chelsea and the others to peg them back

i wanna see this club learn some tennacity, guts, never say die, and just keep outscoring other teams

something is up, something has been up for 6 years, there needs to be a change rung and rung ture this summer

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: April 04, 2011, 09:08:46 AM »

excuse me?

Oh I love it!

Yeah Stunner. You were right about some Manure supporters being arrogant c*nts. Case in point.

:rotfl:

true true, poooooooor arsenal, utd fans are sooooo arrogant...lets hide behind that and get sympathy from all the haters. U better watch out b4 chelsea knocks u out of 2nd place.

BTW, nice language u use..really shows your humility and class  :beermug:

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: April 04, 2011, 09:44:33 AM »
ah well
i hope we win the rest of the games an finish on some sort of a bitter sweet end to this season.
its out of our hands even if us and chelsea beat manu it stil lleaves them one point ahead and still leaving it up to chelsea and the others to peg them back

i wanna see this club learn some tennacity, guts, never say die, and just keep outscoring other teams

something is up, something has been up for 6 years, there needs to be a change rung and rung ture this summer
Not entirely correct. Arsenal beat ManU and have a game in hand. I not hopeful since we have won only 1 of our last 7 but maybe as we have players back from injury who were a bit rusty. All we can do is hope for Chelsea or someone else to take points off them and go on a 8 game winning streak, which we haven't done all season.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: April 06, 2011, 04:17:56 PM »
Yes ladies and gents, the plan taking shape! United will struggle but make it to the final, getting more and more tired, until Real Madrid (or maybe Barca) wash dem in Wembley. The fatigue causes their league form to dip and Arsenal catches them to win the title. Manure go hold dong a FA Cup.

Arsene knows!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: April 07, 2011, 07:33:32 AM »
interesting insight from martin keown????

Martin Keown has come out with some interesting quotes, hinting that this summer there will finally be change at Arsenal.

The Gunners made the move to the Emirates Stadium in 2006 and have not won a single trophy in this time due to financial restraints, but Keown believes Arsène Wenger will now, after five seasons at the new ground, have a bit more freedom to spend money on players.

The former centre-back, who was part of the famous Invincibles side of 2004, says that Wenger is not one to keep relying on players who are not good enough, and will change things around after what is likely to be another trophyless campaign.

Keown said: "The fans have become disenchanted with certain areas of the team and they want players to be replaced.

"But the club went with a five-year plan to invest in youth because of the constraints of building the Emirates Stadium.

"However, if the players don't win the league this year, there will be more money ploughed in.

"And there's nobody I'd sooner have spending money than Arsène Wenger because he spends wisely.

"He hasn't really been able to compete because of the demands of the new stadium but that must be changing now.

"I know from experience that Wenger invests a certain amount of time in you as a player and once he feels you are at the end of the line he gets someone else in to do the job."

Sounds too good to be true doesn't it? But you do have to wonder how long Wenger can use the stadium debt as an excuse. It has been five years and we've always made a profit every season, so surely we wouldn't be in danger if we were to go on a minor spending spree this summer?

I'm not an expert on the financial side of football, but I do know that while you get the occasional Leeds and Portsmouth-esque crisis, most clubs are in a certain degree of debt, certainly all of the big clubs I can think of. I've been hearing for years about how United's debt is going to lead to their downfall but I see no sign of that.

Spending money on players doesn't always solve everything, but what we have been doing hasn't worked, so why not try something else?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: April 07, 2011, 07:37:31 AM »
Yes ladies and gents, the plan taking shape! United will struggle but make it to the final, getting more and more tired, until Real Madrid (or maybe Barca) wash dem in Wembley. The fatigue causes their league form to dip and Arsenal catches them to win the title. Manure go hold dong a FA Cup.

Arsene knows!

lol looks like youre another one of those guys who lie in bed thinking about utd whole night.
 ;D
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: April 07, 2011, 07:46:18 AM »
 :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: April 07, 2011, 07:47:16 AM »

Arsene knows!

lol looks like youre another one of those guys who lie in bed thinking about utd whole night.
 ;D
and looks like you are one of those who likes to think others are thinking about them

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: April 07, 2011, 07:47:43 AM »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: April 07, 2011, 07:51:28 AM »
love this article

The thing about studying physics, and therefore maths, and therefore statistics, is you come to realise that you can find numbers to support pretty much any supposition, if only you are prepared to look hard enough.

I don't like to dwell on Sp*rs for too long, but listening to the television coverage last night, it struck me how the presentation of the facts can twist the shape of a game beyond all recognition. So let us compare the coverage of the North London teams' away defeats to the Spaniards.

Red Cards: 1 apiece.

Facts: Sp*rs were already 1-0 down. At 1-1, Arsenal were going through on aggregate, with a goal cushion.

Media Reaction: Crouch's dismissal irrefutably changed the course of the game. Van Persie's dismissal simply hastened the onset of the inevitable.

Possession: both were dominated.

Facts: Sp*rs had 28% possession and 24% territory, Arsenal had 24% and 31% territory.

Media Reaction: Sp*rs "held on manfully" while Arsenal were "second-best throughout."

I should be clear here – I am not necessarily disputing the validity of the media reaction to our performance, but the real issue here is the inconsistency of opinion. These media opinions are based on often twisting facts beyond all recognition, and, in my opinion, have reached a level which can amount to a witch-hunt. Arsenal fans are at war with one another, and all too often, you hear the same tired arguments which frequently spew from the mouths of people such as Jamie Redknapp.

I know I have bastardised the quotation somewhat, but let's take at look at some of the more frequent claims. Statistics are facts which can be twisted this way and that to suit the argument. Damned statistics are facts which produce a damning verdict. And lies are fairly self explanatory.

Wenger is unwilling to spend big money on players: Nasri, Arshavin and Sagna are all examples of Wenger's willingness to spend, as long as the price is appropriate. Man Utd have only been able to continue to spend because of the £80m they received for Ronaldo a couple of years ago, and while they are still a strong team, they have not regained the same level of lethalness that has embarrassed us at times. You have to ask yourself, would you rather see Fabregas leave for £50m, (make no bones about it – Barcelona cannot afford to pay a massive amount more) and a couple of players come in and take time to bed down? There is a place for big money signings, but only if the product reflects the price. Wenger has spent middle money on players such as Ramsey, Wilshere, and Walcott, and very little on others such as Fabregas, Van Persie, and Szczesny, and they are finally beginning to deliver and justify their cost. Wenger doesn't spend as much on big name signings, but that isn't necessarily an inferior approach. Statistic.

Wenger won't bring in the needed experience: For many a season, fans have been crying out for an experienced centre half, and an experienced goalkeeper. I am firmly in the camp which believes that Szczesny has become a solution to the goalkeeping issue, but that doesn't change the fact that we have had a couple of seasons with no solid number one, while he has emerged. Of the players who have arrived at the club over the past 5 years, even those who are in their late twenties have little experience of winning trophies. Maybe they don't even have to be players, maybe we just need some of the old Arsenal guard in the backroom staff to fire the players up, and get them understanding what this great club is all about. Damned statistic.

Wenger doesn't want to win anything – he is happy with Champions League football: I must admit that I have difficulty understanding this view. It is ludicrous to suggest that someone who has put their life and soul into the industry (and continues to work in it, despite obviously being able to retire comfortably) would not want to win trophies. It may not be based on statistics, but you only have to watch Wenger on the touchline to see that he cares deeply about this great club, and it is frankly insulting, in my opinion, to suggest he does not want to deliver. Lie.

The main point, I guess, is that next time someone tries to use statistics to convince you of a viewpoint, take it with the required pinch of salt, and make up your own mind. A discussion of the media witch-hunt is an article for another day, but if we all make up our own minds, we may find we have less to argue about than we had thought.

An aside for the doom and gloomers:

"Who will pay for a seat to watch the team play?" said the little red men.

"Not I," the naysayers said.

"And who will cheer the team on from the first minute?" said the little red men.

"Not I," they said.

"And who will still cheer the team on, as the clock ticks into the 95th minute?" said the little red men.

"But who will celebrate when the league title?" said the little red men.

"I will," the naysayers said.

"Oh no you won't," said the little red men. And they walked off into the sunset with their medals.

Do your bit for the team. Let's make the Emirates a fortress, starting now.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: April 07, 2011, 08:16:39 AM »

Arsene knows!

;D
Just about the points we need them to drop. Of course ignorant jackasses who are too stupid to see the irony of their posting idiotic comments on an ARSENAL thread wouldn't realise that, so, hol it dong.

:beermug:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 08:19:29 AM by dansteel »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: April 07, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »

Arsene knows!

;D
Just about the points we need them to drop. Of course ignorant jackasses who are too stupid to see the irony of their posting idiotic comments on an ARSENAL thread wouldn't realise that, so, hol it dong.

there's that great humility shining through again.  8)
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: April 07, 2011, 08:31:09 AM »
love this article

The thing about studying physics, and therefore maths, and therefore statistics, is you come to realise that you can find numbers to support pretty much any supposition, if only you are prepared to look hard enough.

I don't like to dwell on Sp*rs for too long, but listening to the television coverage last night, it struck me how the presentation of the facts can twist the shape of a game beyond all recognition. So let us compare the coverage of the North London teams' away defeats to the Spaniards.

Red Cards: 1 apiece.

Facts: Sp*rs were already 1-0 down. At 1-1, Arsenal were going through on aggregate, with a goal cushion.

Media Reaction: Crouch's dismissal irrefutably changed the course of the game. Van Persie's dismissal simply hastened the onset of the inevitable.

Possession: both were dominated.

Facts: Sp*rs had 28% possession and 24% territory, Arsenal had 24% and 31% territory.

Media Reaction: Sp*rs "held on manfully" while Arsenal were "second-best throughout."

I should be clear here – I am not necessarily disputing the validity of the media reaction to our performance, but the real issue here is the inconsistency of opinion. These media opinions are based on often twisting facts beyond all recognition, and, in my opinion, have reached a level which can amount to a witch-hunt. Arsenal fans are at war with one another, and all too often, you hear the same tired arguments which frequently spew from the mouths of people such as Jamie Redknapp.

I know I have bastardised the quotation somewhat, but let's take at look at some of the more frequent claims. Statistics are facts which can be twisted this way and that to suit the argument. Damned statistics are facts which produce a damning verdict. And lies are fairly self explanatory.

Wenger is unwilling to spend big money on players: Nasri, Arshavin and Sagna are all examples of Wenger's willingness to spend, as long as the price is appropriate. Man Utd have only been able to continue to spend because of the £80m they received for Ronaldo a couple of years ago, and while they are still a strong team, they have not regained the same level of lethalness that has embarrassed us at times. You have to ask yourself, would you rather see Fabregas leave for £50m, (make no bones about it – Barcelona cannot afford to pay a massive amount more) and a couple of players come in and take time to bed down? There is a place for big money signings, but only if the product reflects the price. Wenger has spent middle money on players such as Ramsey, Wilshere, and Walcott, and very little on others such as Fabregas, Van Persie, and Szczesny, and they are finally beginning to deliver and justify their cost. Wenger doesn't spend as much on big name signings, but that isn't necessarily an inferior approach. Statistic.

Wenger won't bring in the needed experience: For many a season, fans have been crying out for an experienced centre half, and an experienced goalkeeper. I am firmly in the camp which believes that Szczesny has become a solution to the goalkeeping issue, but that doesn't change the fact that we have had a couple of seasons with no solid number one, while he has emerged. Of the players who have arrived at the club over the past 5 years, even those who are in their late twenties have little experience of winning trophies. Maybe they don't even have to be players, maybe we just need some of the old Arsenal guard in the backroom staff to fire the players up, and get them understanding what this great club is all about. Damned statistic.

Wenger doesn't want to win anything – he is happy with Champions League football: I must admit that I have difficulty understanding this view. It is ludicrous to suggest that someone who has put their life and soul into the industry (and continues to work in it, despite obviously being able to retire comfortably) would not want to win trophies. It may not be based on statistics, but you only have to watch Wenger on the touchline to see that he cares deeply about this great club, and it is frankly insulting, in my opinion, to suggest he does not want to deliver. Lie.

The main point, I guess, is that next time someone tries to use statistics to convince you of a viewpoint, take it with the required pinch of salt, and make up your own mind. A discussion of the media witch-hunt is an article for another day, but if we all make up our own minds, we may find we have less to argue about than we had thought.

An aside for the doom and gloomers:

"Who will pay for a seat to watch the team play?" said the little red men.

"And who will cheer the team on from the first minute?" said the little red men.

"Not I," they said.

"And who will still cheer the team on, as the clock ticks into the 95th minute?" said the little red men.

"But who will celebrate when the league title?" said the little red men.

"I will," the naysayers said.

"Oh no you won't," said the little red men. And they walked off into the sunset with their medals.

Do your bit for the team. Let's make the Emirates a fortress, starting now.

Maybe Arsene just wanna win on his own terms. He did it before and i guess he want to do it again.
He is the boss, and he has a vision and he sticking to it.
its pretty hard for a guy to hold on and invest his time, hopes and dreams into this team and just give in and buy buy buy, esp since he always comes sooo close.
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: April 07, 2011, 08:36:25 AM »

Arsene knows!

;D

there's that great humility shining through again.  8)
More irony. You seem addicted to it.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: April 09, 2011, 06:04:28 AM »
Source BBC sport

Wenger is a man in denial.... ???

Arsene Wenger says second place is 'not a disaster'

Wenger's side are second in the Premier League, seven points behind Manchester United with a game in hand

Arsene Wenger insists failure to win a trophy for a sixth successive season would not be a "disaster" for Arsenal.

The Arsenal Supporters' Trust recently expressed "considerable disappointment" at recent results.

The Gunners boss said: "We are second in the league. Is that a disaster? There are teams who invest 10 times more than us, and they are behind us.

"Some of the clubs behind us have done nothing for 20 years, yet suddenly get a lot of praise. I don't understand."

He added: "If we are disappointed at the end [of the season] then OK. Why do you say it's a disaster when we are second in the league? Do the 18 clubs behind us have a fantastic disaster?"

The Gunners are second in the Premier League behind Manchester United, but were knocked out of the FA Cup and the Champions League in the last six weeks, as well as losing the Carling Cup final to Birmingham.

They have not won a trophy since the FA Cup in 2005 - but have been a permanent fixture in the top four of the table, earning regular Champions League participation.

And the Frenchman wants any criticism of his team to be put into context, insisting they are heading in the right direction.

Wenger went on: "We have been in the Champions League for 15 years, and there are only two clubs who have done that in this country - it is us and Manchester United.

If I look at this team I'm proud of them, proud of the attitude of the players and the football we play

Arsene Wenger

"Trophies are one way to judge a club. They're not overrated as it allows you to say you have won a trophy, but would you swap winning the FA Cup for playing in the Champions League?

"Is it a trophy or not to be in the Champions League? Is it more important to win the FA Cup?"

"We do as well as we can, and if it's not good enough it's not good enough, but what I deny is that everything is suddenly negative. We have built this club. Look at the players in this team. I will speak to you in 10 years."

Wenger also gave a staunch defence of his policy to invest in youth rather than signing proven stars, adding: "We have done well for our age as we are second in the league.

"There are teams who invest 10 times more than us, one player cost more than the whole team and they are behind us. I don't understand the way people think."

Having dropped points at home in the draw with 10-man Blackburn last weekend, Arsenal trail leaders United by seven points with a game in hand.

Ahead of Saturday's trip to Bloomfield Road to take on Ian Holloway's Blackpool, Wenger urged everyone involved with the club to get behind the team as they chase a first title since 2004.

"We have eight games to go and are in a position to fight for the championship, so let's give the maximum," he said.

"If I cannot defend the fact that we are second in the league and fighting for the championship then I should stay at home, but I am in a fighting job."

Wenger reaffirmed his belief that this Arsenal team will enjoy success, and can rise above any criticism that comes their way.

"If I look at this team I'm proud of them, proud of the attitude of the players and the football we play," he added.

"It's only in this country that we have to face what we face. If you go anywhere else in the world Arsenal are given much more credit, I can tell you."

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: April 09, 2011, 06:45:25 AM »
Lots of truth to what Wenger said. He is right that the ability to spend was limited due to the building of the Emirates. He is also spot on that some clubs have spent more money on one player than his whole squad and that those clubs have achieved very little in comparison. I will also point out that now that money is available it only makes sense to spend it on quality players. Some of the money paid for some very ordinary players seems to be the order of the day in the Premier. Yes the club has been very consistent at every level. The unfortunate reality of football is that their can only be one winner. If it was an Olympic event, any athlete and I dear say the fans would be pleased with a silver or bronze! Not football! However, the fans will always demand success. Then there is the media who take delight in getting managers fired & players in a shit storm, but say wha! fack de media.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: April 09, 2011, 11:35:55 AM »
So there is talk about an arsenal summer clear out I hope so
But
Like all talk its just that I don't remember fbd club having a so called clear out over summer

anyway the rest of the season us about pride

Squad tomo looking like

Almunia
Sagna Squillaci LK Clichy
Nasri Wilshire Cesc
Walcott RVP AA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: April 09, 2011, 04:12:51 PM »
Coach say Chesney and JD should be in squad for Liverpool.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3412 on: April 09, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »

also implied that Vermaelen could be back the week after.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: April 10, 2011, 12:37:18 AM »

I think he specified he would be in the Training Squad, not the team. I think he's done this season. We've heard this before about Vermaelen coming back.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: April 10, 2011, 06:36:43 AM »
Lehman in goal. Arsene write off the season.

I hope Almunia have something lined up.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: April 10, 2011, 06:58:27 AM »
 :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: April 10, 2011, 08:28:47 AM »
Job done today Gunners. Lehman still crazy though. 3 great goals but we still missing Song. Sort it out Arsene! :cheers:

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3417 on: April 10, 2011, 01:41:44 PM »

I think he specified he would be in the Training Squad, not the team. I think he's done this season. We've heard this before about Vermaelen coming back.

As long as there isn't another set back I don't see why he wouldn't play in the last 6 games or how ever many. Not sure if we saw the same interview but I think it's the pre-Blackpool interview on arsenal.com where Wenger sounds like he's saying that Vermaelen is close to being back in the squad. I would welcome it.

You know what's funny. I felt more comfortable with Lehmann in goal today than I've felt with Almunia lately.  :-\

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: April 10, 2011, 06:58:32 PM »
Jens looked ok except for 2 crazy moments. The foul before Blackpool's goal and a clearance straight to a Blackpool midfielder in space late in the game. I'm still skeptical but hopefully he keeps refreshing himself with the reserve games. Let's hope Szczesny is back next week and we don't have to worry about this stuff anymore.

Yes it was the pre-Blackpool interview. I would be extremely happy to get Vermaelen back but given his problems this season I'm not getting my hopes up. I just hope he and Djourou can form a long term core partnership and maybe rotate Kos and Squill to keep them sharp. I truly believe that those two can form one of the great central defensive pairs.

As long as there isn't another set back I don't see why he wouldn't play in the last 6 games or how ever many. Not sure if we saw the same interview but I think it's the pre-Blackpool interview on arsenal.com where Wenger sounds like he's saying that Vermaelen is close to being back in the squad. I would welcome it.

You know what's funny. I felt more comfortable with Lehmann in goal today than I've felt with Almunia lately.  :-\

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: April 11, 2011, 08:45:30 AM »
Yankee Doodle Stanley

looks like arsenal has a new boss, but its business as usual, nto sure if we will buy and sell in summer as a result or if it was already planned to

either way

glad we got the 3 points BUT we still wasting goal chances AND defensive brain farts are still going to cost us till the end of the season

we got a few BIG games up next

starting with liverpool, the spurs then bolton then manu

all potential banana's except manu  :devil:

1]; } ?>