March 28, 2024, 12:06:09 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891707 times)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #3480 on: April 19, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »
this isn't sour grapes because I have raised this point before but why does FIFA leave time keeping to the reff and 4th official???

Too much room for error and space for accusations of cheating or favoritism

It should be like in basketball the reff only blows a whistle for action on the field period

Refs catch their ass to see everything as the game goes on farless what time it is how much to add etc

Why won't FIFA do they things that will increase integrity to the game?

What exactly are you complaining about?  There were two very long delays caused by injuries to both Carroll and Carragher.  I was actually surprised there wasn't more time added.  Then on top of that you had two more delays in added time... one for Arsenal's penalty and then for the Suarez free kick.  Time keeping definitely wasn't a factor in this game.
I think he makes a good point. If they got rid of the running clock then everyone would know the final whistle comes a 90min period.

Secondly, they usually don't add time to the added time.  That they went to 12min added time is ridiculous.

That said, Arsenal are their own worst enemy led by Arsene Wenger. I have always been a supporter of his but clearly he is unable to inspire this team to the title.

I sincerely hope to eat those words.
TnT Patriot

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: April 19, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »
...after just watching the replay again, men really being hard on eboue for nutting.  Lucas outsmart everybody.  The two players turned to go after the ball taking slightly separate paths towards it....Lucas then ran into eboue (almost takin' a step backward and all) and initiated the contact.....and dove on the ground. Again, hard luck arsenal. 

Lucas bought the contact but Eboue was a little too eager. 

I eh know what he was supposed to do...he was going after a free ball near his 18-yard box to possibly gain or control possession to control the time clock.  Yuh cyah fault the man fuh dat.  That Lucas was the one who really committed the foul, well, the officials were supposed to see that for what it was and make the right call.

Maybe so, it would be easier to take, but Eboue shoulda know better than to get so tight to him. Not like de man is a babe in de woods. He start in a Champions League final defending against Ronaldinho for God's sake! He still do tootoo!

...after just watching the replay again, men really being hard on eboue for nutting.  Lucas outsmart everybody.  The two players turned to go after the ball taking slightly separate paths towards it....Lucas then ran into eboue (almost takin' a step backward and all) and initiated the contact.....and dove on the ground. Again, hard luck arsenal. 
Eboue only end up tight on him because Lucas is the one that ran into eboue, Jed.  Initially he wasn't as tight on him as it seems.   The game is being replayed in its entirety on FSC right now...you could look and see fuh yuh self in about an hour and 40 mins.....and also, unlike as king jackass is saying, fabregas didn't position himself to initiate contact.  he had to slow himself down to wait for the ball and the fool from liverpool kicked him.  That was a clear penalty.
over complicating it, look at it again i have an dcesc is turning between two defenders and was tripped when the one behind stuck his leg between cescs legs
cesc wasnt looking for a penalty but he got one

I ain't overcomplicating nutting.  De ball was trickling through fabregas legs and he was trying to straddle de ball and shield off all the defenders around him at the same time....and the liverpool player kick 'im.  What's so complicated about that?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: April 19, 2011, 08:49:59 PM »
I think he makes a good point. If they got rid of the running clock then everyone would know the final whistle comes a 90min period.

Secondly, they usually don't add time to the added time.  That they went to 12min added time is ridiculous.

That said, Arsenal are their own worst enemy led by Arsene Wenger. I have always been a supporter of his but clearly he is unable to inspire this team to the title.

That's nonsense... it has happened time and time again.  There's a reason why they say "there will be a MINIMUM of __________ minutes of added time".  That means that the ref at his sole discretion is free to add more time.  The fact that this announcement is made as a matter of routine means that there is the implicit recognition that added time on top of added time should reasonably be expected.

As for GunnerStunner making a "good" point.  Sure, in the grand scheme of things I'd love to see the actual time posted for all to see, and maybe have the ref signal for a timeout as in the NFL/NBA.  However, all this talk only arising in the context of a bitter draw which Arsenal snatched from the jaws of victory.  It's a veiled complaint... no matter how you parse it.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: April 19, 2011, 11:40:27 PM »

That's nonsense... it has happened time and time again.  There's a reason why they say "there will be a MINIMUM of __________ minutes of added time".  That means that the ref at his sole discretion is free to add more time.  The fact that this announcement is made as a matter of routine means that there is the implicit recognition that added time on top of added time should reasonably be expected.

As for GunnerStunner making a "good" point.  Sure, in the grand scheme of things I'd love to see the actual time posted for all to see, and maybe have the ref signal for a timeout as in the NFL/NBA.  However, all this talk only arising in the context of a bitter draw which Arsenal snatched from the jaws of victory.  It's a veiled complaint... no matter how you parse it.
Breds, Stunner has made this same point before. That is how it has to be parsed. Why you so desperate for it to be a complaint?
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: April 20, 2011, 05:41:34 AM »

Breds, Stunner has made this same point before. That is how it has to be parsed. Why you so desperate for it to be a complaint?

I'm sorry, I missed it... what "same" point did he make?  His statement would carry a more convincing ring of sincerity if like Wenger, his reputation didn't precede him. Maybe you should let Stunner carry his own briefs... or are you so desperate to be his chamberlain, "Breds"? 

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: April 20, 2011, 06:29:16 AM »

I'm sorry, I missed it... what "same" point did he make?  His statement would carry a more convincing ring of sincerity if like Wenger, his reputation didn't precede him. Maybe you should let Stunner carry his own briefs... or are you so desperate to be his chamberlain, "Breds"? 

i raised this point long before this game. i wont even use this game as an example why (results not included) refs need less to worry about and more to help them keep thier eyes on the game

all i am saying is take the clock away from the reff and th ebs of the 4th offical putting up minimum time
make it definite not an estimate

it real easy

easier than goal line technology

and other offical time keeper, starts clock when ref starts game, stops when he blows (does not include ball out of play only dead ball)
starts back when he does. it will make it way easier.

i play indoor football and the buzz clock is no arguing period

all i want to see is transparency integirty and accountability in the officiating of the game

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: April 20, 2011, 07:14:21 AM »
I just prefer if people get the facts before they write ignorant uninformed nonsense. I'll hold off next time. Write away! Apologies for the"breds" if it offends you so much.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:17:44 AM by dansteel »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: April 20, 2011, 07:42:19 AM »
Newcastle handed Arsenal another lifeline yesterday. Here's hoping they take this opportunity. Any recoveries from injury? We missing Wilshere's forward running and Sagna's crosses bad bad bad.

Time to fire some cannon down the Seven Sisters Road.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: April 20, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »
i raised this point long before this game. i wont even use this game as an example why (results not included) refs need less to worry about and more to help them keep thier eyes on the game

all i am saying is take the clock away from the reff and th ebs of the 4th offical putting up minimum time

it real easy

and other offical time keeper, starts clock when ref starts game, stops when he blows (does not include ball out of play only dead ball)

all i want to see is transparency integirty and accountability in the officiating of the game

I agree that it's easy, ref only have to raise/wave he hand to a timekeeper anytime he want to stop the clock.  But... remember FIFA's argument (whether you find it convincing or not) is that they want to keep the game simple that it can be played the same way on any level anywhere in the world.  One of the reasons why they've resisted adding officials on the endlines/behind the goal.  I could hear them making the same argument with regards to adding a timekeeper.

---------------------------------

dansteel... what you "prefer" carries as much import to me as what resides in the crack of a monkey's ass.  How about you heed your own advice next time?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: April 20, 2011, 12:28:32 PM »
I'm sure you're quite familiar with the crack of a monkey's ass. It seems to encompass your ability to reason. Stay there in future. It suits you well.

it real easy

I agree that it's easy, ref only have to raise/wave he hand to a timekeeper anytime he want to stop the clock.  But... remember FIFA's argument (whether you find it convincing or not) is that they want to keep the game simple that it can be played the same way on any level anywhere in the world.  One of the reasons why they've resisted adding officials on the endlines/behind the goal.  I could hear them making the same argument with regards to adding a timekeeper.

---------------------------------

dansteel... what you "prefer" carries as much import to me as what resides in the crack of a monkey's ass.  How about you heed your own advice next time?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:36:28 PM by dansteel »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: April 20, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
Stunner do you believe Arsenal looked more threatening when Nasri played behind the striker? I say this because Nasri was very mobile, penetrative, creative and was scoring. IMHO opinion it would be interesting to see Fabragas and Song in Mid, with Nasri behind VanP and Arshavin and Walcott wide.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: April 20, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
Tottenham 1, Arsenal 1 after 7 minutes of football.

Arsenal keeper get near post like ah rell bottom.

Nice strike by Van de Vaart though.

And the Walcott goal wasn't bad either.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: April 20, 2011, 01:00:27 PM »
You mean 2-1 Arsenal. Nasri in the 12th

I could watch a Spurs - Arsenal game every week.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: April 20, 2011, 01:03:13 PM »

Fuh real boss. I better stop posting until after the game.

This looking like ah high scoring encounter.

And there is el clasico to look forward to in half in hour.

There goes my productivity....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: April 20, 2011, 01:31:06 PM »
I'm sure you're quite familiar with the crack of a monkey's ass. It seems to encompass your ability to reason. Stay there in future. It suits you well.

There is much that you think you're "sure" about, despite stark evidence to the contrary.  Keep hanging your hopes on what things "seems" to be, or holding briefs for next man whichever suits your fancy.

------------------------------------------

Moving on...

Cracker of a game... 3-2 Arsenal 44'

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3495 on: April 20, 2011, 01:32:26 PM »

Fuh real boss. I better stop posting until after the game.

This looking like ah high scoring encounter.

And there is el clasico to look forward to in half in hour.

There goes my productivity....

I listening to this on the radio and it sounding fantastic.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: April 20, 2011, 03:02:48 PM »
The toughest draw of all. They gonna be talking about van Persie disallowed goal for ages. Hard luck. North London Derby is always a shootout. 6 Points back with 5 games to go.

Why do you not allow Arsenal to walk your dog?

Because they can't hold a lead.

Chelsea now 2nd on +34 GD. Arsenal on +32. Never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:15:56 PM by dansteel »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: April 20, 2011, 03:05:08 PM »
Stunner do you believe Arsenal looked more threatening when Nasri played behind the striker? I say this because Nasri was very mobile, penetrative, creative and was scoring. IMHO opinion it would be interesting to see Fabragas and Song in Mid, with Nasri behind VanP and Arshavin and Walcott wide.

are you saying that because you feel cesc is moving on? in that case yes
he plays there for france quite well
we have too many simliar players across midfeild and front line
ah well
almost better to have song behind cesc n nasri behind the front 3

what we really miss is mid feild overlapping the forwards, use wingers n full backs not pinball the ball and hope to score we are best when we get behind a defense not try and slip through on the top of the box
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:11:18 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: April 20, 2011, 03:16:59 PM »
Nice game gunners . best game I've seen in the EPL in years.... Go Spurs!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: April 20, 2011, 03:26:02 PM »

are you saying that because you feel cesc is moving on? in that case yes
he plays there for france quite well
we have too many simliar players across midfeild and front line
ah well
almost better to have song behind cesc n nasri behind the front 3

what we really miss is mid feild overlapping the forwards, use wingers n full backs not pinball the ball and hope to score we are best when we get behind a defense not try and slip through on the top of the box

Ok! Why I ask is because I think when Fabragas plays behind VanP he has to come deep and get the ball (as well as the wide players), because the two Central Mf players are not the best passers, and VanP get isolated, so the Gunners play slower. If he plays deeper he could give Nasri the ball higher up the park and also do the same to the wide players and VanP will be well supported quicker
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: April 20, 2011, 03:27:28 PM »
Ah like the post mortem..

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: April 20, 2011, 04:02:39 PM »
Adebayor just won a trophy with Real Madrid  :beermug:

giggsy11

« Reply #3502 on: April 20, 2011, 08:22:49 PM »
I can see Van Persie being the lead goal scorer in the EPL; he is almost scoring two a match. It appears that Berba may get minimum playing time and or he has lost confidence so that can also lead to Persie catching and passing him. And Tevez is injured which will limit games he will play. 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: April 21, 2011, 06:24:21 AM »
Actually is closer to one a match but yeah is possible. Think what he could achieve if he wasn't injured all the time.

I can see Van Persie being the lead goal scorer in the EPL; he is almost scoring two a match. It appears that Berba may get minimum playing time and or he has lost confidence so that can also lead to Persie catching and passing him. And Tevez is injured which will limit games he will play. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: April 21, 2011, 11:22:32 AM »

lol yuh wicked
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: April 21, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »

:devil: lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: April 21, 2011, 01:56:03 PM »
and the gun rolls on

up next Bolton

after he fa cup mauling from stoke i expect bolton to be all piss and vinegar this weekend

hopefully we can nail them to a cross tho

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: April 21, 2011, 01:59:02 PM »
Actually is closer to one a match but yeah is possible. Think what he could achieve if he wasn't injured all the time.

rvp needs some milk horse placenta and myloplex this summer, but i think his bow legs are his superpowers

youtubed some rvp highlights and there were some nasty drags he hit fellas that yuh leg have to be bent to pull off

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: April 21, 2011, 02:24:12 PM »
i not shopping already  but

ppl threw up all sorts of names for arsneal to buy last summer and in january

cary cahill and samba from blackburn were two

i think arsenal needs a tough spine for the epl and fa cup, stick with the kids for carling and a slick mobile middle for champs league

but we have limited funds so we have to shed the dead weight first to further fund key figures

so dead weight but no need to replace: almunia (or live life as a perpetual 4th string keeper till he resigns)

dead weights to replace: rosicky, denilson, diaby
rosicky is all down hill from now so on yer bike son, we need a real winger with pace and can cross esp from the left

denilson, has zero tracking back ability therefore is a liability, no need to buy cus frimpong can step in easily

diaby, adds strength calmness and areial midfeild ability but those are cancelled out by fruitless runs with the ball, blood rushes to the head, no end product for effort, consistently injured more than rvp. however need to replace someone of his physical stature but more consistent performance

our midfeild has too many simliar players, cesc, nasri, AA, ramsey, rosicky, wilshire
if cesc goes then nasri will fil that hole well, and backed up by wilshire who i hope continues to grow next season like he has this season (if the english fa dont run his ass ragged over summer)

i like walcott but he can be shut down by double teaming, therefore more need for a leftsided winger like him bentner is wasted and useless out there

other sellers, bendtner and thats it chamakh i hope finds his form otherwise our frowards are just walcott/nasri/AA rvp chakakh, the first 3 were really wingers that sometimes make up a 433

the back line i think is settling, with it being sagna JD LK/Tommy clichy

eboue is frustratingly loyal but over exuberance leads to costly mistakes a good utitlity player to keep on th ebench but just dont get him too excited, maybe some ritalin before a game will help

tricky part, change anything this summer and might still not see results next season, be it from making too many changes to not enough, to simply down to the fact that we changed things, because in reality we kinda cocked it up and weren't focused when we should have

but guess what

back in the early wenger days there were 5or6 players on the team who would have chewed you out, dressed you down and gave you the full vinnie jones/fergie treatment anytime anywhere you were cocking up

now we dont see that or if it does happen behind closed doors we certainly dont see a positive reaction

i dont want too much change at the club just a little bit, from top to bottom

just that lil bit extra we have been promised

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 02:26:01 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: April 21, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »

rvp needs some milk horse placenta and myloplex this summer, but i think his bow legs are his superpowers

youtubed some rvp highlights and there were some nasty drags he hit fellas that yuh leg have to be bent to pull off

I was sittin behind de goal when he hit 2 Inter defenders dis drag. Like any Trini who grew up watchin Intercol, seeing something like this live was a defining moment in my life...nastiest drag I ever see  :beermug:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NsbLjpAhiS0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NsbLjpAhiS0</a>

Yall won the Emirates Cup that year, Arsene Wegner doesnt get enough credit  ;D

1]; } ?>