April 27, 2024, 03:53:46 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 899881 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT
« Reply #3600 on: May 11, 2011, 09:45:11 AM »
This goes out to all bandwagonistas out there in trinbago!

when arsenal win things next season doh play yuh wasn't crying us down during summer!

allez! allez! wenger!
LOL

Goat mouth vs Gunnerstunner

exibit A

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: May 11, 2011, 10:06:43 AM »

when arsenal win things next season doh play yuh wasn't crying us down during summer!

allez! allez! wenger!
LOL

exibit A

LOL watch de date  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: May 11, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »

allez! allez! wenger!
LOL

exibit A

LOL watch de date  :rotfl:

Gunner, doh study dem nah...who laughs last - laughs best  :devil:  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: May 11, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »
 :'(

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: May 11, 2011, 11:11:12 AM »
maybe changing the thread might lift the jinx i seemed to have placed on the gunners 6 years ago prediciting they would win the league

yes at this point i trying anything

i fedex some horse placenta to the forum mods for them to rub it on the server and see if that helps

Under all de ole talk you does go down till de end partner :applause:

You remind me of the musicians in the band who played till the end while the titanic sank :violin:...hopefully changing the thread helps, keep de faith and doh study nobody!!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: May 11, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
maybe changing the thread might lift the jinx i seemed to have placed on the gunners 6 years ago prediciting they would win the league

yes at this point i trying anything

i fedex some horse placenta to the forum mods for them to rub it on the server and see if that helps

Under all de ole talk you does go down till de end partner :applause:

Yeah boy gunner, kudos. a true supporter  :thumbsup:
u was the first man to start a "forever" thread ent?

PS i had to search to find this thread yes lol i say u give it up.!
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: May 12, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »
thanks, i not giving up on meh side

i will give a lil poke in the ribs to other teams supporters on here but try to remain respectful

or set some basket and see who attacks like a rabib mutant wabeen  :devil:

i try to be a realist, nothing last forever

manu will not be the best club for ever
chelski n citeh money will no tlast for ever
arsenal barren streak will not last for ever

there are bigger things in life than whats happens when other ppl do things on a patch of grass

also since i migrated to north america and see that nearly all of thier sports have excellent officiating

i realise why it isnt as popular as it coud be simply because they dont tollerate injustice up here.

I am really saddened by the whole FIFA amoral approach to football on the whole

bleh i hope they dont kill the soul of football

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: May 12, 2011, 04:28:43 PM »

i will give a lil poke in the ribs to other teams supporters on here but try to remain respectful

there are bigger things in life than whats happens when other ppl do things on a patch of grass

also since i migrated to north america and see that nearly all of thier sports have excellent officiating

i realise why it isnt as popular as it coud be simply because they dont tollerate injustice up here.

Are you sure bout that? Have you ever heard about the MLS? Plus with all the replays and 3 refs on the court, they does still make bad calls in the NBA! It happens all over!  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: May 12, 2011, 06:00:50 PM »

Are you sure bout that? Have you ever heard about the MLS? Plus with all the replays and 3 refs on the court, they does still make bad calls in the NBA! It happens all over!  :beermug:

Big Up!

Well he means the American sports, NFL, NBA and MLB.  MLS officiating is still in the baby stages.
And there are still bad calls yes, but the occurrence is minimized.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: May 12, 2011, 09:41:24 PM »
Thank you
I was talking about north American sports and how hard they try to ensure the officials have every tool, every support system to make the right call
Timekeeping
Goals
Two major issues in football that would add credibility to the governing body of football

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: May 12, 2011, 09:53:26 PM »

Big Up!

They make "bad" calls because they're human... but to his point, they're not afraid to use technology to help mitigate against human error.  FIFA remains abstinate and incalcitrant... for no other reason other than because they can.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: May 13, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
Vomit Puke and Barf all over FIFA

Anyway

Can arsenal out in a performance for the fans
The fans who love them but constantly heart broken by them and lay waste to villa?

Cesc although injured a lot this season has hardly lead the charge

This should be a summer of reckoning a summer of truth

A summer where those who hide behind the team and then glaring exposed when called upon to be honest with themselves and the fans and move on

So if like to say farewell and godspeed to rosicky denilson bendtner almunia arshavin and possibly eboue and clichy

That sounds like a lot and we probably wouldn't see that many go

But we have kids out on loan including Vela

That's a lot to sell off then try and buy better players for the positions
But a youth player like frimpong and JET can help mitigate some of that expense but ads to lowering the average age and experience not to mention knowing what it takes to cross the finish line

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: May 15, 2011, 11:15:26 AM »
Well, that's what happens when you start playing 20 minutes after the whistle blows. Chamakh looked good in this game. Squillaci needs to go, Arshavin too. Vermaelen I will put down to being rusty.

Sadly enough the desire and fighting spirit they showed in the second half is what Arsenal was missing all spring. Something needs to change this summer.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: May 15, 2011, 01:34:02 PM »
Not that this was the lase game of the season at home

Or last chance to cement 3rd

Or prove something to the fans

But the fact that changes are desperately needed

Cannot keep dead weight

Rosicky denilson squillachi diaby bendtner must go.

Maybe eboue too

If not ai revoir wenger

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: May 17, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
bright young future??

Ryo Miyaichi
Ryo joined Arsenal in January and was instantly loaned to Dutch Eredivise giants Feyenoord until the end of the season.

It wasn’t long before the highly-rated Japanese forward made his mark in Holland, scoring in his first game at De Kuip, Feyenoord’s home ground, in a 2-1 win over Heracles at the start of February.

He became a regular in Mario Been’s side, making 12 starts and scoring three times as Feyenoord finished the season in tenth position.

Jaap De Groot of De Telegraaf

“He has got everything; he has got speed, he is very direct, he has skill, he can take people on, he scores goals and he has good technique. He loves the game as well. When you look at him you see someone who is enjoying playing football. He is young and needs to mature but he is a very interesting player and could definitely be a star in the future.

“He is a great talent and a pure football player. He is an uncomplicated player who just wants to play his game. I think it is very important that he plays at a club that fits his qualities and Feyenoord is a team that plays the authentic Dutch way with two wingers and one centre forward. He played from the left side and that meant he was not forced to defend a lot and he could play his game. Arsenal’s decision to send him to a Dutch club has been a very good choice.

“From the first home game in Rotterdam the fans embraced him. They loved his fresh attitude, his pure attitude. He comes on the pitch and goes his own way. He has good technique and only wants to do one thing, go as fast as possible to the goal. He does that in a fresh, free-spirited way.

“He was lucky that he scored in his first game and he got an incredible homage. It was wonderful to see that an old Japanese tradition showed up and, in front of 48,000 people, he bowed four ways to the crowd which was a very special moment.”

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3615 on: May 17, 2011, 11:37:05 AM »
bright young future??

I doubt it, probably will go the way of Bendtner, Vela, Owusu Abeyie.....

Or from United Frazier Campbell, Ebanks-Blake, David Healy

It real hard for young strikers to come through at these teams, especially if they getting loaned out. If they not good enough for first team football one-time like Fowler, Owen, Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney etc they better off going somewhere else full-time to develop over 3 or 4 years.

Big club teams can't afford for young strikers to learn on the job against top centre-backs. Yuh could always hide a midfielder like Gibson while he getting better but when them strikers miss is points down the drain.

That is why even when they play they does get push out to a wing or to midfield. Just look where Wenger playing Bendtner. He ent no wide player but he even worse in the middle.

Right now United have Cleverly and Welbeck out there and both playing well in mid-table teams but it hard to see them displacing Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez (whereas talents like Messi and Ronaldo, at their age would have been competing). Hopefully they will be in the squad next year in place of Owen though. Give them a season in the team to really see if they could make the step up.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: May 17, 2011, 12:37:01 PM »
Hopefully they can give him a couple runouts at the start of the season and he will make the step up from Eredivisie to Premiership. From what I've seen he's a very good left footed passer and crosser. It would be nice to see that rather than Arshavin giving away the ball e.v.e.r.y.s.i.n.g.l.e.t.i.m.e. With that and Clichy's continued downward spiral the team has no width on the left, making it very simple to defend against them. Vela was supposed to solve that left side problem but I think he's going nowhere fast. An Arsenal and World Cup starting striker who can't even get games out on loan to West Brom is not a good sign.

Wenger's pattern with fast players is to play them as wingers first then convert them to strikers. Henry was a winger at Juventus when Arsene signed him. He has stated his intention to turn Walcott into a centre forward (in fact I think if he did that we would have done very well). Pace up front forces the defence deep, which gives the more technical, slower second striker more space to create. Think of how much space playing Henry in front gave Bergkamp to create, or in a modern version Hernandez gives Rooney at Manure.

Of course the left wing problem would be very easy to solve with Robin out left and Chamakh up top.

bright young future??

It real hard for young strikers to come through at these teams, especially if they getting loaned out. If they not good enough for first team football one-time like Fowler, Owen, Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney etc they better off going somewhere else full-time to develop over 3 or 4 years.

Big club teams can't afford for young strikers to learn on the job against top centre-backs. Yuh could always hide a midfielder like Gibson while he getting better but when them strikers miss is points down the drain.

That is why even when they play they does get push out to a wing or to midfield. Just look where Wenger playing Bendtner. He ent no wide player but he even worse in the middle.

Right now United have Cleverly and Welbeck out there and both playing well in mid-table teams but it hard to see them displacing Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez (whereas talents like Messi and Ronaldo, at their age would have been competing). Hopefully they will be in the squad next year in place of Owen though. Give them a season in the team to really see if they could make the step up.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:52:13 PM by dansteel »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: May 17, 2011, 01:40:03 PM »
If Arsenal bag Kun I will buy a shirt.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: May 17, 2011, 01:57:23 PM »
bright young future??

i mean to go to the dutch league and hold your own at 18  is no small feat

plus given the drive and ethic far eastern players can show, honda park and that dude from celtic i think this kid can be a star

i dont say it often but  last time i said that was about jack wilshire

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: May 17, 2011, 01:58:21 PM »
bright young future??

Ryo Miyaichi
Ryo joined Arsenal in January and was instantly loaned to Dutch Eredivise giants Feyenoord until the end of the season.

It wasn’t long before the highly-rated Japanese forward made his mark in Holland, scoring in his first game at De Kuip, Feyenoord’s home ground, in a 2-1 win over Heracles at the start of February.

He became a regular in Mario Been’s side, making 12 starts and scoring three times as Feyenoord finished the season in tenth position.

“He has got everything; he has got speed, he is very direct, he has skill, he can take people on, he scores goals and he has good technique. He loves the game as well. When you look at him you see someone who is enjoying playing football. He is young and needs to mature but he is a very interesting player and could definitely be a star in the future.

“He is a great talent and a pure football player. He is an uncomplicated player who just wants to play his game. I think it is very important that he plays at a club that fits his qualities and Feyenoord is a team that plays the authentic Dutch way with two wingers and one centre forward. He played from the left side and that meant he was not forced to defend a lot and he could play his game. Arsenal’s decision to send him to a Dutch club has been a very good choice.

“From the first home game in Rotterdam the fans embraced him. They loved his fresh attitude, his pure attitude. He comes on the pitch and goes his own way. He has good technique and only wants to do one thing, go as fast as possible to the goal. He does that in a fresh, free-spirited way.

“He was lucky that he scored in his first game and he got an incredible homage. It was wonderful to see that an old Japanese tradition showed up and, in front of 48,000 people, he bowed four ways to the crowd which was a very special moment.”

He might be an ok player, but do u really think this kid is the missing link? The article might be rating him up, but its all relative...Feyenoord just had their worst season in years.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: May 17, 2011, 02:00:07 PM »
bright young future??

Ryo Miyaichi

He might be an ok player, but do u really think this kid is the missing link? The article might be rating him up, but its all relative...Feyenoord just had their worst season in years.
aps never said missing link

and right now we have a few missing links and some loose screws too!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: May 17, 2011, 02:00:56 PM »
well well well

4th place my old friend how yuh doing?

long time eh? well we go lime this summer and see what happens

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: May 17, 2011, 02:34:29 PM »
Gunners linked to Scott Parker after West Ham relegation. Never seen him play. Anybody have any opinions on him?

As the season is basically over I will occupy myself with baseless transfer speculation. I guess this includes Barca unethically tapping up Cesc to go and ride their bench for no pay for the next 2-3 years. And hopefully brand name signings at CF, DM and CB.

giggsy11

« Reply #3623 on: May 17, 2011, 02:43:03 PM »
well well well

4th place my old friend how yuh doing?

long time eh? well we go lime this summer and see what happens

Gunner change the name of the thread back or to The Arsenal. This name doh look right, until I clicked on the thread I didn't even know it was allyuh.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #3624 on: May 17, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »
Gunners linked to Scott Parker after West Ham relegation. Never seen him play. Anybody have any opinions on him?

Not special.  If he wasn't English no one would have ever heard of him.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: May 17, 2011, 05:48:17 PM »
I waiting till I see it on the club website

No sense chasing shadows or trophies

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3626 on: May 17, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »

Not special.  If he wasn't English no one would have ever heard of him.

Not special but high work rate and tough tackling. I think he could give the midfield something similar to what Flamini offered.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3627 on: May 17, 2011, 08:43:03 PM »

plus given the drive and ethic far eastern players can show, honda park and that dude from celtic i think this kid can be a star

I not trying to write the man off because I haven't seen him just saying that the fact he on loan does not bode well. Fabregas and Van Persie never went on loan, they were part of the squad from day one. Wilshere and Ramsey around the same age and they starting now. In fact even Walcott went straight into the team at 17.

He could very well be a good player but most of these players end up in a loan-reserve-loan cycle before eventually getting moved on, especially strikers.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3628 on: May 17, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »
Arsenal prepared to sell Andrey Arshavin to fund new signings

• Arsène Wenger feels Russian is surplus to requirements
• Club hope to recoup the £15m paid to Zenit St Petersburg

David Hytner
guardian.co.uk,    Tuesday 17 May 2011 22.00 BST

Arsenal are prepared to sell Andrey Arshavin in the summer to fund the building of a new squad. Arsène Wenger has begun to cast the net for new signings and is understood to have indicated that Arshavin is surplus to requirements at the Emirates Stadium.

The club would want to recoup the £15m that they paid to Zenit St Petersburg in January 2009 and could reason that now is the time to do so, as Arshavin has two years to run on his contract and there has been little desire on either side to open negotiations over fresh terms. The difficulty, though, would be to find a club willing to match his £85,000-a-week wage.

It may come as a surprise to realise that Arshavin is comfortably Arsenal's appearance leader this season, with 51 in all competitions of which 15 have come as a substitute. He has contributed 10 goals, and the Arsenal manager has expressed the view that the forward's "numbers" have been acceptable.

Yet some of his performances have not met the standards expected of him and, for the first time in his Arsenal career, the Russia international has found himself on the outside looking in when Wenger names his strongest XI in the Premier League. Theo Walcott and Samir Nasri have established themselves ahead of Arshavin on the flanks, which has been the source of no little frustration and bemusement to him.

Arshavin has faced questions about his attitude, with a section of the Emirates crowd criticising him for a perceived lack of effort. His laid-back body language does not help in this regard but there has also been a feeling inside the dressing room that Wenger has indulged the player, who turns 30 on Sunday week, absolving him of the responsibility to track back. Arshavin has infuriated some of his team-mates in training with his lack of work ethic.

Wenger has felt that Arshavin's mercurial genius can compensate for the negatives but his patience has worn thin. Arshavin, who is known for his self-confident and outspoken nature, did not help himself last season when, on more than one occasion, he went public over his "dream" of joining Barcelona; even Wenger had to tell him to quieten down.

It is unclear precisely how much money Wenger will have to spend this summer. Supporters, who have been asked to pay an extra 6.5% on their tickets for next season, hope it is a considerable amount though many of them wonder what became of the £39m that Wenger raised through the sales of Kolo Touré and Emmanuel Adebayor to Manchester City in 2009, which did not appear to be reinvested in the squad. Wenger, however, is aware of the need to wheel and deal and Arshavin has been identified as a saleable asset.

The manager, as usual, is channelling most of his efforts into the French and African markets and he is not expected to splash out on expensive, big-name additions. He has said that his priority is to keep his existing key players, chiefly the captain, Cesc Fàbregas, who is a perennial target for his former club Barcelona, and Nasri, who is yet to sign a new contract and is poised to enter the final 12 months of his deal. Gaël Clichy also has 12 months to run but Wenger is confident of Kieran Gibbs's ability to step up, if required.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3629 on: May 17, 2011, 09:07:37 PM »

I not trying to write the man off because I haven't seen him just saying that the fact he on loan does not bode well. Fabregas and Van Persie never went on loan, they were part of the squad from day one. Wilshere and Ramsey around the same age and they starting now. In fact even Walcott went straight into the team at 17.

He could very well be a good player but most of these players end up in a loan-reserve-loan cycle before eventually getting moved on, especially strikers.

Wilshere went on loan and the next season he was a starter. And although he didn't have the same success, Vela went on loan and got first team chances the next season. So I don't think going on loan is necessarily a bad sign. I think the team Wenger allows them to go to also reflects the players future prospects. Most of the men who went on loan to lower division teams next break into the squad. But then I know with Wilshere and Vela he specifically wanted them to be loaned to other teams in the EPL. In the end, I think it all comes down to the competition in your position. It's worked out differently for different players.  If Arshavin and Bendtner leave and he have a good preseason, you never know.

1]; } ?>