April 27, 2024, 01:11:55 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 899717 times)

giggsy11

Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #3660 on: May 20, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
His prime years at Arsenal were wrecked by injury. Now he fit but he past it. His best years were in Germany and the great Czech team of 2004-2006. Sad but it happens to everybody. I feel Wenger must be giving him a bligh. Well we can't have no more passengers on the side.

Denilson must have looked at Rosicky and saw him self 5 years from now. I wonder how a man like Rosicky feel; he wasted 6 years of his prime years at Arsenal. The man just seem content to waste away; he never made a peep about trying tuh go somewhere else tuh change he luck nothing. He must be the creator of that 'In Arsene we trust" banner that hanging in the Emirates. 30ish and what he have tuh show for his career, winner of the Emirates cup in the off season?

Yeh, he need tuh roll on over tuh Italy, Turkey or Germany. He has brought nothing to the table.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: May 21, 2011, 12:39:27 AM »
Doh watch Germany slight eh Giggsy. Spain is the present of European football, but Germany is the future.

His prime years at Arsenal were wrecked by injury. Now he fit but he past it. His best years were in Germany and the great Czech team of 2004-2006. Sad but it happens to everybody. I feel Wenger must be giving him a bligh. Well we can't have no more passengers on the side.

Denilson must have looked at Rosicky and saw him self 5 years from now. I wonder how a man like Rosicky feel; he wasted 6 years of his prime years at Arsenal. The man just seem content to waste away; he never made a peep about trying tuh go somewhere else tuh change he luck nothing. He must be the creator of that 'In Arsene we trust" banner that hanging in the Emirates. 30ish and what he have tuh show for his career, winner of the Emirates cup in the off season?

Yeh, he need tuh roll on over tuh Italy, Turkey or Germany. He has brought nothing to the table.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: May 21, 2011, 10:45:51 AM »
Zee Germans are coming!

Doh watch Germany slight eh Giggsy. Spain is the present of European football, but Germany is the future.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: May 21, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »

In truth dansteel, he has been very unlucky. Constantly injured, so much so he has only managed 90 games in 5 years at Arsenal. Giggsy maybe he feels the clubs has stuck by him through his troubles & wants a chance to really pay them back with a full season.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3664 on: May 21, 2011, 01:24:06 PM »
My guess is Denilson realise that Wenger write him off. He just talking up his value for a transfer. You can't blame a player for not being good enough to compete at top level. As you said to me earlier Stunner, he coulda wait till the season done but the man doing what he has to do. I have said some uncharitable things about him but I wish him well. He is not good enough for Arsenal though.

The fact that Wenger is willing to write off players he used to defend and tell people "He's young. Have patience in him" tells me this summer should be different. Every single time I criticise Wenger the man does prove me wrong. Just win a next flickin trophy nah Professor! Long time we ent get some bling.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out sour puss!

any body remember when denilson first broke into arsenal's squad? correct me if i'm wrong but it was the start of the 2007 season. the man was real good. tough with decent technique. he had flamini on the bench, and at the time everyone was talking about his promise and how talented he was. then he got injured, and flamini stepped in and had the season of his life...

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: May 22, 2011, 10:34:05 PM »
Time for some dead limbs to be trimmed

I am glad we finished 4th now wenger has many questions to answer
The players have even more to ask of themselves
The board however couldn't give two shits as they making money
Yet the AST don't want single ownership of the club when what they should say is they wish It was some one british and not yankee or russian with the money to stump up to buy arsenal

Revolucion! Time to shake things up!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: May 23, 2011, 05:23:05 AM »
Who is Ricky Alvarez?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: May 23, 2011, 08:49:38 AM »
Left winger/ attacking midfielder for Velez Sarsfield. I have no idea about his quality but I agree with dwn's contention that we need a left winger. Won't complain if we have Ryo and Alvarez and they aren't rubbish. 2 quick left footed (or 2 footed in Ryo's case) players would be the missing link in Arsenal's attack I believe.

Who is Ricky Alvarez?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: May 23, 2011, 09:05:26 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Us0IvCKFTE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeSIgyfG1sc

interesting

wonder how english defensive mids and defenders will relish cutting him in half

nice small touches, speed, good left foot, but he's argentinian  :-[ so i see diving in our future if we do sign him

he plays on the rigth sometimes, so can be a reverse henry if you like

and he can cross
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:09:19 AM by GunnerStunner »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: May 23, 2011, 09:19:55 AM »
i want leighton baines, sell clichy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: May 23, 2011, 09:33:07 AM »
Dunno. Argentine def. mids are pretty physical. Maybe not Premier League level but they ent backward. And we already have divers on our team. Eboue? Chamakh? Of course the diving figures will probably at least double with an Argentine winger, but then van Persie can take more free kicks from the left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Us0IvCKFTE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeSIgyfG1sc

interesting

wonder how english defensive mids and defenders will relish cutting him in half

nice small touches, speed, good left foot, but he's argentinian  :-[ so i see diving in our future if we do sign him

he plays on the rigth sometimes, so can be a reverse henry if you like

and he can cross

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: May 23, 2011, 06:15:45 PM »
He aint no definsive mid that's for sure!

I see Bendtner taking in front now, he Pops saying he want to leave, too funny

Because all wenger talking about is getting nasri n clichy to sign before we end up with another flamini times 2

Wenger better make sure he sells denilson bendtner rosicky to non EPL teams and ones who unlikely to cross our paths in Champs league (providing we qualify) former gunners have a nasty habit of scoring against us!

So bye bye Nicholas

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: May 25, 2011, 06:17:25 PM »
Time to lock off football for a few weeks

Nothing we do or say here will make a diff

Clear the brain enjoy some summer time friends n family

And check in when friendlies n tours start and only study who sign papers and not what signs the papers selling

There must be a 12 step program to this somewhere

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: May 26, 2011, 07:27:41 AM »
"Every once in a while, you catch a glimpse of a world that doesn't begin in August and end in May"

And check in when friendlies n tours start and only study who sign papers and not what signs the papers selling

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: May 26, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »
Rumours has it that Arsenal in very interested in Falcoa from Porto.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3675 on: May 26, 2011, 11:29:19 AM »
He has already said he wanted to play for Porto in the Champions League next year though. I dunno. Big striker needed though. I would prefer Benzema but I cyah see Wenger coughing up the cash. Even though he needs to.

Rumours has it that Arsenal in very interested in Falcoa from Porto.

Big Up!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: May 27, 2011, 06:56:05 AM »
all quiet on the signings front

wish my club communicated more substansial info with the fans than the patronising drivel on the web site

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: May 27, 2011, 07:55:07 AM »
That would be too unprofessional. I share your desire to know how they plan to strengthen the squad but transfer negotiation is big money, difficult legal maneuvering. Real "swimming with the sharks" business. It's a real bad idea to broadcast that stuff to the media.

I think the club recognises the fans desire to know and that's why they put stuff there but they shouldn't because it just makes us fans want more. They should just have in big 40 point block capitals

"IT IS A VIOLATION OF ARSENAL POLICY TO PUBLICLY DISCUSS TRANSFER BUSINESS"

Talk done. Anybody who asks about it should just be told to kindly take a spoonful of Buckley's, because entertaining those questions just messes with the club's business. I would personally LOVE to hear more. I am dying to know if Wenger really trying to sign Falcao, or Benzema, as the rumours go. I understand that public info about that could real mess up the side though, so I go smile and take dat. When transfer window done, then I go make noise.

wish my club communicated more substansial info with the fans than the patronising drivel on the web site
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:01:50 AM by dansteel »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: May 27, 2011, 08:27:57 AM »
That would be too unprofessional. I share your desire to know how they plan to strengthen the squad but transfer negotiation is big money, difficult legal maneuvering. Real "swimming with the sharks" business. It's a real bad idea to broadcast that stuff to the media.

I think the club recognises the fans desire to know and that's why they put stuff there but they shouldn't because it just makes us fans want more. They should just have in big 40 point block capitals

"IT IS A VIOLATION OF ARSENAL POLICY TO PUBLICLY DISCUSS TRANSFER BUSINESS"

Talk done. Anybody who asks about it should just be told to kindly take a spoonful of Buckley's, because entertaining those questions just messes with the club's business. I would personally LOVE to hear more. I am dying to know if Wenger really trying to sign Falcao, or Benzema, as the rumours go. I understand that public info about that could real mess up the side though, so I go smile and take dat. When transfer window done, then I go make noise.

not saying to say who they looking at
but jeeze feeling like a mushroom, kept in the dark n fed shit
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:58:41 AM by GunnerStunner »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: May 27, 2011, 10:52:18 AM »
Yeah. I know. Standard procedure for off season.

Some transfer rumor methadone. Guardian links us with Gervinho. Don't know much about him but he's a forward/winger for French double winners Lille (35 games 15 goals 9 assists) and Ivory Coast (he came off the bench to assist Drogba's goal against Brazil in the World Cup, so I know he can cross).

Not happy we seem to have gone from talking about Benzema to Falcao to Gervinho though. We need a BIG name striker with pace, technique and upper body strength and to signal that we changing things up.

not saying to say who they looking at
but jeeze feelin glike a mushroom, kept in th edark n fed shit
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:11:21 AM by dansteel »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: May 27, 2011, 11:10:33 AM »

Copa America this Summer (Winter) in Argentina! It never ends. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: May 27, 2011, 11:12:23 AM »
They haven't shown it in Trini in the past.  :(

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: May 27, 2011, 11:59:08 AM »

sweet! eff way with argentina!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3683 on: June 02, 2011, 05:39:42 AM »
Arsène Wenger targets tall players to boost Arsenal's title challenge

• We need to improve the size of the squad, says Wenger
• 'We get it 95% right, but we must gain that 5%'

Marcus Christenson

Arsène Wenger has admitted it is 'frustrating to flirt with success' after six years without a trophy. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian
For years Arsène Wenger has been saying that size does not matter, but it appears that six seasons without a trophy may have changed his mind as he on Wednesday admitted that one of his priorities this summer will be to sign tall players.

Arsenal conceded 43 goals in the Premier League last season, with set pieces a particular weakness, but Wenger now believes he has a solution to his side's defensive problems as he attempts to catch Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City. "We conceded very few goals from open play, most of them were from set pieces in a way you don't want to concede goals," he said.

"It's something that's easy to correct. We need to improve the size of our squad. We need a bigger variety in the height of our players. We need to be more capable of fighting against some characteristics than we have been this season."

Arsenal finished 12 points behind United after an end-of-season collapse that highlighted the psychologicalfrailties that continue to haunt them and while Wenger understands the "disappointed love" of Arsenal fans, he insists the team are only 5% away from becoming winners.

"The criticism has been sharper this year because of the impatience of people," he said. "People are used to us being in the Champions League so we have to give them more, but we're not capable of doing that. People love what we do but they want us to be rewarded so they can be convinced we do things the right way. They want proof that we do things the right way. For our fans the frustration was that we were so close to convincing everybody of how football can be great, but in the end not being able to deliver.

The Frenchman, who has been linked with a move for the Lens defender Raphaël Varane, added: "I would call it disappointed love. It was cruel and sometimes you get excessive responses to that. I share that and understand it. But that doesn't mean we have to change our philosophy or the way the club is run.

"We get it 95% right, but we must gain that 5% because it's so frustrating to flirt with success like we have done. The fans are unhappy that we didn't win the league, but we are close. In 2003 we were also the best away team, but didn't win. We kept going and in 2004 we were very strong."
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: June 02, 2011, 06:34:51 AM »
rhetoric
same tune wenger
years now everyone saying the same thing
i doh care what is in d papers

only waiting to see who holding an arsenal shirt on the club website then i will see if he serious

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: June 02, 2011, 11:11:03 AM »
could it be that the wenger arsenal model is flawed?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: June 02, 2011, 11:51:57 AM »
Soley on the basis of trophies YES

On the other aspects like...

Building new stadium and paying off debts staying profitable developing young players including english talent statying in europe not dropping out of top 4 then NO

Ask me if I'd rather have manus trophies AND debt

My heart says yes but brain says no

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: June 02, 2011, 12:37:25 PM »
Soley on the basis of trophies YES

On the other aspects like...

Building new stadium and paying off debts staying profitable developing young players including english talent statying in europe not dropping out of top 4 then NO

Ask me if I'd rather have manus trophies AND debt

My heart says yes but brain says no

Would you have rather we win the Carling Cup and finished 5th in the league?  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: June 02, 2011, 12:45:54 PM »
If winning the carling cup was a measure of success that wenger could have used as justfication not to change I would feel cheated, glad we won nothing and finished 4th to finally make wenger make changes

Plus birmingham got relegated with the trophy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: June 02, 2011, 01:39:13 PM »
I have to disagree with that one. I think you missing the point. I thought the point IS winning trophies with a sustainable business model? How you could be glad we win nothing and finish fourth? Nah man, that sound like you more interested in being right than the team being successful.

Wenger always knew and repeatedly stated, that the team would struggle for some years with the debt burden from the stadium but would come out stronger for it. That is why Thierry leave, because he knew the team wasn't going to strengthen after barely losing the CL final to Barca and he wanted trophies. The drought has taken 2 years longer than anticipated. Last season Arsenal was destroyed by injuries. The second leg at Camp Nou they faced Barca with 5 starters on the pitch. Wenger figured they had the quality to win trophies and so they let him try. After he keep the club in the CL and making enough to survive the debt (When the stadium was done Arsenal was the most indebted club in Europe) the man earn the right to try. This season Arsenal beat all the big teams they met with a (close to) full strength side (Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Man City). It is abundantly clear the team has the quality to win trophies, just not the [consistency/mental strength/will/adequate backups/lack of a Plan B] or whatever you want to call it do sustain the challenge. Besides all the trophies he won us prior to 2006, the man has kept Arsenal in the fight. He earn the right to try with the team he built. Sure we didn't win and we are all disappointed about that, but now we know that and we know what needs to be done. I only turning on Wenger if he doesn't make the necessary signings. I can't fault him otherwise. He has done an outstanding job.

If winning the carling cup was a measure of success that wenger could have used as justfication not to change I would feel cheated, glad we won nothing and finished 4th to finally make wenger make changes

Plus birmingham got relegated with the trophy

1]; } ?>