April 19, 2024, 02:18:29 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 896061 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4050 on: August 07, 2011, 09:05:50 AM »
Forget buying players arsenal need to feed dem dam players some Dumpling, Blue food and drink some susumba.

three players injured in an exhibition game WTF!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: August 07, 2011, 09:44:52 AM »
Forget buying players arsenal need to feed dem dam players some Dumpling, Blue food and drink some susumba.

three players injured in an exhibition game WTF!
Ent ... ridiculous!!!!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: August 08, 2011, 06:38:23 AM »
Go to goal.com there are a couple of articles on the upcoming season. One is written by a fan pretty good articles.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/08/2601036/arsenal-fanview-the-club-really-dont-get-the-fans-or-our

good lil read
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:12:01 AM by GunnerStunner »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: August 08, 2011, 08:24:15 AM »
ARSENAL FC day care center is accpeting another kid

Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain arrived at the club’s London Colney headquarters this afternoon, where he will complete the formalities of a medical before putting his name to a long-term contract, believed to be of five years.

Arsenal and Southampton have reached agreement on a £12m structured package, which will include an initial payment of £6.5m and then a further £5.5m of performance-related add-ons.

Barring any last-minute hitches, Oxlade-Chamberlain will complete a move to Emirates Stadium within the next 24 hours and bring to an end a six-month saga.

As revealed by Goal.com in January, the 17-year-old, who turns 18 a week today, was close to sealing a move to Arsenal in the last window but the deal fell through following a last-minute intervention from Sir Alex Ferguson, who advised the England Under-21 international’s camp that he should stay at St Mary’s Stadium for the remainder of the season.
CVNT! Sometimes i wish wenger would play these cloak and fecking dagger games and eff up fergies dealings, between him n 'appy 'arry redc**tnap i dont know which has effed up more of our deals.

Oxlade-Chamberlain visited Arsenal’s training ground in January and set his sights on a move to north London because he believes he will get more opportunities in the medium and short term. The two Manchester clubs and Liverpool all made concerted moves to sign the youngster but he had his heart set on playing for Arsene Wenger’s team.

Oxlade-Chamberlain and his father, Mark, both went public in their desire to speed up the move from Southampton, who were promoted to the Championship last season, but the Saints were in no rush to sell their prize asset.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: August 08, 2011, 09:55:04 AM »
Don't think we should really be too upset about Wenger signing another youth, especially one the club has been following for at least a year. Yes we need proven players (esp. a defender) but that doh mean we should abandon signing promising young players.

Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain arrived at the club’s London Colney headquarters this afternoon, where he will complete the formalities of a medical before putting his name to a long-term contract, believed to be of five years.

Arsenal and Southampton have reached agreement on a £12m structured package, which will include an initial payment of £6.5m and then a further £5.5m of performance-related add-ons.

Barring any last-minute hitches, Oxlade-Chamberlain will complete a move to Emirates Stadium within the next 24 hours and bring to an end a six-month saga.

As revealed by Goal.com in January, the 17-year-old, who turns 18 a week today, was close to sealing a move to Arsenal in the last window but the deal fell through following a last-minute intervention from Sir Alex Ferguson, who advised the England Under-21 international’s camp that he should stay at St Mary’s Stadium for the remainder of the season.
CVNT! Sometimes i wish wenger would play these cloak and fecking dagger games and eff up fergies dealings, between him n 'appy 'arry redc**tnap i dont know which has effed up more of our deals.

Oxlade-Chamberlain visited Arsenal’s training ground in January and set his sights on a move to north London because he believes he will get more opportunities in the medium and short term. The two Manchester clubs and Liverpool all made concerted moves to sign the youngster but he had his heart set on playing for Arsene Wenger’s team.

Oxlade-Chamberlain and his father, Mark, both went public in their desire to speed up the move from Southampton, who were promoted to the Championship last season, but the Saints were in no rush to sell their prize asset.

Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: August 08, 2011, 11:33:36 AM »

I think it's a good buy it's just highlighted because we obviously need to strengthen in the defence... I don't wanna sound vindictive about Gibbs but if he loses his place he has no one to blame but himself ... because of clichy's loss he now has that spot for himself and he gets injured again...... he had the time to get himself stroinger or healthier he is simply too damn weak .... he's as frustrating as van persie.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: August 08, 2011, 12:45:11 PM »
This youth any good?

He coming into the team like Wilshire or is he a reserve and corbeaux sweat champion.

When yuh getting big players like Nzogbia and Adam for less than 10 mil tried and proven and going straight into a squad...then we have a youth who is just "potential". I ent know but I fed up of these "unfinished products"

one for the future maybe...but I want a defender and a fwd now.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:00:40 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: August 08, 2011, 12:59:10 PM »
some saints fan saying that he is the best thing they had since le tissier :o   i ent know if that is true since all i have to go on is youtube but he looks quality and he represented england at u-21 (and under 17 and 18 i think)  imho he looks more ready than walcott was at this stage, besides pace he have tricks and he could finish.   on arsenal .com it say he going into 1st team.  i am excited about this signing, just waiting to see if we get at least 2 defenders.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: August 08, 2011, 01:19:05 PM »
Question...in recent history...besides Ashley Cole and Thierry Henry, who has left Arsenal and done "well"

There are plenty to add to the list but to me once you leave arsenal seeking green pastures it doh usually work out for you. You might get a sweat and extend yuh career..but to me I think Wenger usually lets you go at the right time.

1) Lassana Diara..went portmouth,chelsea, real..only at real he made an impact.

2) David Bently...good for rovers and salt

3) Francis Jeffers..nuttin

4) Jeremy Aliadiere..where he gone

5) Flamini...sub bench at AC Milan

6) Viera win ting with Inter but was on the decline

7) Reyes...alyuh hear from he since

8)Van Bronkhorst...win ting with Barca (he do good)

9)Henry win a CL with Barca

10)Ashley Cole...the best of the lot, win premiership, FA Cup

11) Pires...floundering around

12) Hleb...shit at barca..downhill at birmingham

13) Toure...banned substance in Man C and suspended

14) Kanu...win a FA cup with portsmouth and ketch a length in he ole age and a heart attack as well.

15) Wiltord..???

16) Sol Campbell...gorn tru...tabanca mash him up

17) Gallas...trying a ting at Spurs doing fairly ok. But won nuttin.

18) Gilberto Silva...???

19) Adebayor...can't find a place to call home.

20) Clichy...now too too down heself Sunday in the Carity Shield

21) Cesc...looking to sell house, take pay cut to warm bench with Barca.

22) Nasri..1/2 a good season and feel he in ting...to go Man city and bench or ManU...hrm.

Is it me or does the Arsenal Blight follow you when you leave...very few have done well once leaving Arsenal.

Cesc and Nasri should take note.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: August 08, 2011, 01:27:13 PM »
This youth any good?

He coming into the team like Wilshire or is he a reserve and corbeaux sweat champion.

When yuh getting big players like Nzogbia and Adam for less than 10 mil tried and proven and going straight into a squad...then we have a youth who is just "potential". I ent know but I fed up of these "unfinished products"

one for the future maybe...but I want a defender and a fwd now.

The fee is all rumour. This morning I read 3 stories in 3 "reputable" English mewspapers that called 3 different transfer fees. 10, 12 and 15. Arsenal.com say "an undisclosed sum"

Adam is not a big player. He is decent. Not even fit enough to play a fuill game anyway. Maybe N'zogbia but ask yourself why nobody willing to spend more than that on him?

Look Man U now pay 17 million on Phil Jones, an unproven youth international. Nobody complaining about that.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: August 08, 2011, 01:32:31 PM »
arsenal is a selling team. they books balance but they go be lucky to make top 4 this yr.

4) Jeremy Aliadiere..come on as a sub for fc lorient vs. psg saturdat

7) Reyes...doing alright at atletico madrid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: August 08, 2011, 01:34:54 PM »
Cashley has actually won more trophies with Arsenal than with Chelsea.

Cesc go bench is true and now they saying this youth Thiago is the next big thing. I feel he staying this season and then when he go to Barca he go have to fight up with Thiago for that spot. (Honestly people who say Thiago is better than Cesc does make me laugh but no matter)

Nasri need to realise he is not a #10. He is a tricky winger and Man U full of them already. He go struggle there. At City too, with Johnson and so on.

Anyway, if men want to leave then let them. For the right price.

Question...in recent history...besides Ashley Cole and Thierry Henry, who has left Arsenal and done "well"

There are plenty to add to the list but to me once you leave arsenal seeking green pastures it doh usually work out for you. You might get a sweat and extend yuh career..but to me I think Wenger usually lets you go at the right time.

14) Kanu...win a FA cup with portsmouth and ketch a length in he ole age and a heart attack as well.

15) Wiltord..???

18) Gilberto Silva...???

22) Nasri..1/2 a good season and feel he in ting...to go Man city and bench or ManU...hrm.

Is it me or does the Arsenal Blight follow you when you leave...very few have done well once leaving Arsenal.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: August 08, 2011, 01:36:09 PM »
How many years running has that statement been proven wrong?

arsenal is a selling team. they books balance but they go be lucky to make top 4 this yr.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: August 08, 2011, 01:42:46 PM »
So whatt about when opponents start defending deeper to compensate? Or you thinking it will give Cesc and RvP more space to operate?
Miyachi and Traore still have a lot to prove. Frimpong and Gervinho even. Out of those 5 players I would say we have one we know we can rely on, two who have impressed in (meaningless) preseason games and look capable, and two young players who are hit or miss. With Traore, all signs point to miss. With Miyaichi, I think he just needs more time to develop. But more transfers will arrive. I think at least two. But they will happen when sales are made. Once the Bendtner, Almunia, Eboue deals are sorted, then I think we can look forward to more signings. Just my guess, 3 weeks to go before the close of the transfer window.

Oh, I can't wait to see Walcott on one flank and Gervinho on the other. Their pace is going to destroy teams.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: August 08, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »

7) Reyes...doing alright at atletico madrid never got to play much at AM loaned out to Benfica
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: August 08, 2011, 02:13:17 PM »
Dansteel..Jones is not an unproven defender...he and Samba were the steel of Blackburn last year and formed an impressive partnership which is why everyone wanted him.

Is a hard luck he told us to use vicks and went Manu instead.

But I will disagree with you about Adam...Adam is a big player and had he a better supporting cast he would have done even more. He will do well at Liverpool. Good set piece taker and good passing range and puts in a good blade when needed. I find it is hard to get a player like that for less than 10 mil...he and Nzogbia are bargains.

I saw that Alex was going for 3-6 mil from Chelsea...this is another bargain we should snap up if true.

The difference between 1st and 4th is not luck...it is depth and quality. Something we lacking at both ends of the field.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: August 08, 2011, 03:04:01 PM »
Blackburn conceded 59 goals last season, 16 more than Arsenal. I am not impressed. He has undoubted potential but that's it. Isn't he now getting a senior cap in this Netherlands friendly. That's not a proven defender. I was comparing him to Chamberlain because people keep saying we spent too much on him while no one says the same of United's more expensive signing. Both youth internationals, both with lots of promise.

Charlie Adam is highly talented and excellent at dead balls, has the skill to be an excellent deep playmaker but if you can't finish a game at this level because you lack fitness and you keep trying to force the issue by playing killer passes then you lack the attributes for me to call you a "big" player.

I agree with you on Alex. A very good central defender. Question is, would Chelsea sell him to Arsenal in this environment? Also he has had serious injury problems this season. Do we really need another player like that?

Dansteel..Jones is not an unproven defender...he and Samba were the steel of Blackburn last year and formed an impressive partnership which is why everyone wanted him.

But I will disagree with you about Adam...Adam is a big player and had he a better supporting cast he would have done even more. He will do well at Liverpool. Good set piece taker and good passing range and puts in a good blade when needed. I find it is hard to get a player like that for less than 10 mil...he and Nzogbia are bargains.

I saw that Alex was going for 3-6 mil from Chelsea...this is another bargain we should snap up if true.

The difference between 1st and 4th is not luck...it is depth and quality. Something we lacking at both ends of the field.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:07:46 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: August 08, 2011, 04:01:50 PM »
But Touches, since them men leave Arsenal hasn't won anything either! So yuh might as well go to another team and try-a-thing (with more pay). So your stubborn employer stalling, don't want to invest in the company by bringing in a couple experienced people to get you to the top. Other "big" companies offering you more cash to try help get them to the top. You will stay at that old job? It's one thing to be a part of something special, that you think is going somewhere, but when you look over to your rivals and they are more committed than you to winning? Which man wouldn't bounce?

15) Wiltord..???

18) Gilberto Silva...???

...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

giggsy11

« Reply #4068 on: August 08, 2011, 04:47:33 PM »
Blackburn conceded 59 goals last season, 16 more than Arsenal. I am not impressed. He has undoubted potential but that's it. Isn't he now getting a senior cap in this Netherlands friendly. That's not a proven defender. I was comparing him to Chamberlain because people keep saying we spent too much on him while no one says the same of United's more expensive signing. Both youth internationals, both with lots of promise.

Charlie Adam is highly talented and excellent at dead balls, has the skill to be an excellent deep playmaker but if you can't finish a game at this level because you lack fitness and you keep trying to force the issue by playing killer passes then you lack the attributes for me to call you a "big" player.

I agree with you on Alex. A very good central defender. Question is, would Chelsea sell him to Arsenal in this environment? Also he has had serious injury problems this season. Do we really need another player like that?

Yeh,it never ceases to amaze me how these professional athletes does allow themselves to be out of shape when they getting paid to play sports for a living. All of them cannot have thyroid problems.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: August 08, 2011, 08:52:48 PM »
25mil for nasri is good biz, but he is just what city are missing, wenger please don't put bullets in our competitions guns please.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: August 09, 2011, 05:57:27 AM »
25mil for nasri is good biz, but he is just what city are missing, wenger please don't put bullets in our competitions guns please.

Cesc wanna go barca but whenever he play for Arsenal does always give his all..... Nasri doh wah play and sulking ....... men like that yuh have to let go .... if de man stay his season and give his all and then move for free no worries but when men needing to look to you and you lacquadaisical and playing like that... roll yuh ass out the door  .... teams like city will never be as good as they can be .... mancini simply buying his entiire team is so ridiculous when united beat they ass i was soo happy.... bunch ah f**ks!!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: August 09, 2011, 07:28:52 AM »
IMHO Chamberlin has more qualities that Walcott. He is technically better, more composed, better in the air and shows more maturity in his understanding of the game. Now having siad all that these qualities were in a lower league, now is time to see how he develops
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: August 09, 2011, 08:16:39 AM »
City missing a midfield playmaker. I honestly doh see Nasri doing well in that position. When was the last time you see Nasri play a through ball or defence splitting pass? He will be fighting up with their wide forwards like Johnson and (to an extent) the far more versatile David Silva. Honestly failing a serious attitude adjustment I don't see Nasri becoming as great as his ambitions. I think he will struggle badly at City.

That said, I think Arsenal are well set for players who fulfil Nasri's role in the team. They have brought in Gervinho and now Chamberlain with Miyaichi waiting in the wings (provided he get his papers organised).So we have 3 new players who cost a total of 25 Mil, we sell one for the same and one of those players is arguably better than Nanas. Now I like him (the man score some OUTRAGEOUS goals for Arsenal) but if he feels that way then so be it.

All dat said Ngozi I have to disagree with you. United is the team to beat. Arsenal can outplay City any day of the week. I rather City soften up United than the other way around.

Cesc wanna go barca but whenever he play for Arsenal does always give his all..... Nasri doh wah play and sulking ....... men like that yuh have to let go .... if de man stay his season and give his all and then move for free no worries but when men needing to look to you and you lacquadaisical and playing like that... roll yuh ass out the door  .... teams like city will never be as good as they can be .... mancini simply buying his entiire team is so ridiculous when united beat they ass i was soo happy.... bunch ah f**ks!!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:18:30 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: August 09, 2011, 08:33:16 AM »

They does drop off the money over there
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: August 09, 2011, 08:37:40 AM »

:rotfl:
They better drop off some for Barca so they could actually pay for Cesc.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4075 on: August 09, 2011, 08:48:30 AM »

Same thing I thought.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4076 on: August 09, 2011, 08:50:59 AM »

I think Charlie Adam is good at set pieces. Otherwise he's not that good. I don't think he will shine at Liverpool. I think he actually better off being a big fish in a small pond. We will see though.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: August 09, 2011, 09:34:50 AM »

:rotfl:
They better drop off some for Barca so they could actually pay for Cesc.
cesc paying barca to take him
funny is them 3 self looking to jump ship

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: August 09, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »

Same thing I thought.
thats where we land we aiming for top spot have it in we sight s then trip over we own feet and fall on our facein 4th or 3rd when last we make 2nd?

giggsy11

« Reply #4079 on: August 09, 2011, 10:01:18 AM »

Looking at the 3 of dem, I ask did they did enough to help Arsenal win when they had the opportunities to be the difference? Now they looking tuh jump ship like some rats! Cesc I could give a bly due to his love for Barca the other two I don't think played like winners.

1]; } ?>