March 28, 2024, 02:03:17 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891739 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4140 on: August 13, 2011, 02:33:06 PM »
Seriously! When Arsenal get the ball wide and its time to cross or pull back or what ever, 99% of the time it only has 1 or 2 players in the box.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #4141 on: August 13, 2011, 02:53:29 PM »
Seriously! When Arsenal get the ball wide and its time to cross or pull back or what ever, 99% of the time it only has 1 or 2 players in the box.

Who was one of the players crossing or pulling back the ball? But Rick James, the player other than Van Persie who is a goal scorer. Arsene need to realize not every forward is Henry- coming of the wing to score. Play to your players' strengths. Walcott, I feel being wasted on the wing; buy some wingers and let the fella see what he can do in a forward position. Arshavin for me needs to come of the bench, he is not a 90 minute player because he drifts in and out of the match to much. If he not contributing to the attack he brings nothing else to the side.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: August 13, 2011, 03:11:16 PM »

Who was one of the players crossing or pulling back the ball? But Rick James, the player other than Van Persie who is a goal scorer. Arsene need to realize not every forward is Henry- coming of the wing to score. Play to your players' strengths. Walcott, I feel being wasted on the wing; buy some wingers and let the fella see what he can do in a forward position. Arshavin for me needs to come of the bench, he is not a 90 minute player because he drifts in and out of the match to much. If he not contributing to the attack he brings nothing else to the side.

Well true! Gervinho is a striker and he showed it in the warm up games. Dispatching him to the wing is ????? I myself would like to see Walcott up front and if memory serves me well, Wenger once talked about moulding him into that position. Anyway early days yet. Liverpool spend way more money and only manage to draw as well.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: August 13, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »
Toothless.... no one controlling the play.... fell asleep after 20 minutes ... so next year Verminator and RVP might probably ask to leave ... Ramsey is as ordinary as they get replace Cesc my ass ..... and Arshavin why does he come to these games I'd leave him buried on the bench....sigh!!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 03:38:44 PM by Ngozi »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4144 on: August 13, 2011, 05:59:21 PM »
Gervinho and Gibbs were the best for Arsenal today. Heard the Arsenal fans were chanting where's the f%$king money. The wheels are turning on Wenger. He didn't even look comfortable when the cameras were on him during the game. 

I thought Szczesny and Song had great performances. Gibbs played well but he looked a little tentative, Gervinho's end product was missing today. But you can see how good a player he is even though he didn't have the most effective game.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: August 13, 2011, 06:37:37 PM »
This is the time for Wenger to try different combos I didnt like the midfield at all ..... I'd tweak it n try Song (a boss n a thug lol), Frimpong and Wilshire (he gets it , Ramsey doesnt).
Arshavin would be dropped immediately!!!
gervinho, rvp and restore Theo to the startiung lineup with Ryo , chamberlain and Joel camphell to come in ..... by the way I hear he real bad and you guessed it he is left footed!!!!

I put some thought into why wenger hesitant to buy an extra defender ... Cahill looked good today but so did Kos ... and Kos is his primary defender he has been grooming to start with VerminAtor and in fairness to him he has done welll ... suffice to say he won't necessarily dish out 17 million pounds on a man unless he is certain to be a starter considering that he has Djourou to come in who is good and they're all around the same age.With this being said I think he is looking at the Birmingham boy to bring in still around the same age but at a lesser price perhaps understanding that he may be a back up initially because Schillaci is shocking!!!

But trust me when I tell you Wenger's job for the first time is seriously in danger!!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: August 14, 2011, 06:43:48 AM »
Question? The referee stop the play for the Barton incident, because Barton technically, fouled Gervinho by pulling him up and man handling him in the penalty area. Why was it not a penalty?  :devil:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:48:12 AM by Observer »
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: August 14, 2011, 07:42:55 AM »
Well technically the play had already gone out of there and the incident was off the ball ... plus he had waived play on for gervinho's dive so the play was over .... so a card would be the appropriate form of punishment ... but Barton should have been sent off along with gervinho not only for initiating it but for play acting as well.
Although this Arsenal looks clueless going forward do they look more secure defensively?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: August 14, 2011, 08:37:21 AM »
Well technically the play had already gone out of there and the incident was off the ball ... plus he had waived play on for gervinho's dive so the play was over .... so a card would be the appropriate form of punishment ... but Barton should have been sent off along with gervinho not only for initiating it but for play acting as well.
Although this Arsenal looks clueless going forward do they look more secure defensively?

I know all that. But he stop play after the wave on, so its a foul on Barton in the penalty area  ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: August 14, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
Wenger fears Arsenal are feeder club
August 14, 2011
Email Print
By ESPNsoccernet staff
Arsene Wenger has expressed his fear that Arsenal are becoming a club that nurtures top class talent for their rivals to cherry-pick when the Gunners' star players reach their prime.

Wenger has carved out a reputation for spotting teenage footballing talent, moulding them into some of the best players in Europe.

The Arsenal boss did it with the likes of Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry, and now more recently with Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri. Wenger has always previously spoken of how he is building for Arsenal's future, promising during times of frustration that the club would reap the rewards when his batch of youngsters finally reach their peak.

However, both Fabregas and Nasri are now at stages in their career when they would be considered to be entering their footballing primes, yet it appears Arsenal will not be the ones to benefit. Barcelona expect to sign Fabregas imminently, while Nasri has had his head turned by the interest of Manchester City.

Asked if he was scared that Arsenal were becoming a breeding ground for players that move on to the Gunners' rivals for trophies, Wenger responded: "Yes we are concerned by that.

"When you take players who are 16 or 17 years old and play them in the Premier League, you need to be brave. But you do it because they deserve it and secondly because you hope the club will be rewarded when these players are 23 or 24, and are in a position to deliver. "So it is a concern."

The Arsenal manager, who has not delivered a trophy since 2005, did promise the club's fans that he is not scared to spend big money, but he reiterated his belief that there is little value for money out there.

"We have a big squad, a very big squad, and if players leave we try to bring players in," Wenger said. "But we request top quality. We are not scared to spend big money, don't worry. But we want to know what we get for it."

Asked for an update on the status of both Fabregas and Nasri, Wenger replied: "We are on both fronts in no-man's land. Things can change quickly, but right now they are players of Arsenal Football Club."

giggsy11

« Reply #4150 on: August 14, 2011, 09:04:39 AM »
Arsenal will be alright; they just going thru a bit of a blip. Arsene is still the man to get the job done.  :beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: August 14, 2011, 12:58:07 PM »
I don't think you get a kick for an off-ball incident.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: August 14, 2011, 04:04:13 PM »
Arsenal agree terms with Barca for Fabregas
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-agree-terms-with-barca-for-fabregas

Arsenal announces today that they have reached an agreement in principle with Barcelona for Cesc Fabregas to move to Spain.

It signals the end of the midfielder's eight-year spell at Arsenal. Fabregas joined the Club from Barcelona as a 16-year-old in September 2003 and made 303 appearances, scoring 57 goals in all competitions.

He holds the records for the youngest Arsenal first team player (16 years and 177 days v Rotherham United (h), 28 October 2003) and the youngest Arsenal first team goalscorer (16 years and 212 days v Wolves (h), 2 December, 2003).

Named as Arsenal Captain in November 2008, Fabregas also became a regular in the Spain national team, making 58 appearances to date.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: "We have been clear that we didn't want Cesc to leave and that remains the case. However, we understand Cesc's desire to move to his home town club and have now accepted an offer from Barcelona. We thank Cesc for his contribution at Arsenal and wish him future success."

The transfer is subject to the completion of formal legal agreements and registration processes, together with Fabregas agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: August 14, 2011, 05:02:46 PM »
alright so fabs gone. i wish him well. 

now for wenger to sign either jadson or mata or both and that hopefully should soften the blow.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: August 14, 2011, 05:08:20 PM »
I am just glad this saga is finally over, now we can carry on with the business of rebuilding. All is not lost!

Wish Cesc all the best and thank him for the 8yrs.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4155 on: August 14, 2011, 11:23:16 PM »
Bring Neymar!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: August 15, 2011, 12:55:01 AM »
Everything that's wrong with Arsenal can be summed up by this picture...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: August 15, 2011, 06:18:13 AM »
This is the player to buy. Mario Götze, remember this name for the future
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: August 15, 2011, 07:29:40 AM »
Gervinho take real chain up there. Best not to respond to Joey Barton's thuggery but he new so he probably didn't know. He shouldn't have slap de man though. Before that he look real good. At least he will be rested for the Udinese second leg. Barton went down like a sniper get him. After he get on big and bad to haul up the man. Chain up merchant. I was very disappointed to see all the Arsenal players shaking his hand afterwards. People who don't know about sportsmanship don't deserve to be treated in a sportsmanlike manner.

Hope Song doh eat a ban too. I didn't really think his incident was so bad though. Coulda been intentional, coulda been accidental. Only he know for sure. Maybe a second yellow. Men was up in arms for it though.

Goodbye Cesc, didn't think Barca was going to come up with the cash but they did so thanks for the memories.

Arsenal now have a choice, spend the money on a replacement or try to use more movement and interchanging of passes. Arshavin was the only man who play a killer pass on Saturday. I truly believe he should be playing at #10. He is completely wasted on the wing.

Oh and Gervinho is a borse. Shame he gonna miss the Liverpool and Man U games. Love the "Rick James" comment Giggsy! :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:44:13 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: August 15, 2011, 08:04:44 AM »

Goodbye Cesc, didn't think Barca was going to come up with the cash but they did so thanks for the memories.

I thought Arsenal was asking for 40 million up front?
Cause i reading Barca giving them 29 up front and there is the potential for a further 10 million based on clauses?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: August 15, 2011, 08:04:58 AM »
Question? The referee stop the play for the Barton incident, because Barton technically, fouled Gervinho by pulling him up and man handling him in the penalty area. Why was it not a penalty?  :devil:
good point, but would be hard pressed to get that call, any foul in the penalty area is a penalty kick, including off the ball fouls, see shirt pulling on corners etc.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: August 15, 2011, 08:07:18 AM »
i now watch a video of the arsenal reserves best goals

and them reserves making real nice runs off the ball slick unerstanding and passing plenty red shirts attcking the box

what d ass happens to the senior team?

and a youth called luke freeman should be up with the senior team

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: August 15, 2011, 08:11:37 AM »
and a arsenal.com posted avideo of the squad training today, men on a wamr up jog in twos n threes, but not ah man talking to squillachi

:rotfl:

ask for a transfer nah man save some face

so no rvp n nasri or wenger for tuesday game

i feel we go struggle real bad and probably get rinse

then we facepool  then over to italy then manu
FMT

giggsy11

« Reply #4163 on: August 15, 2011, 08:58:30 AM »

Ay-doh be tryin tuh steal United's next buy. Supposedly United looking to bid 20mil for him.

giggsy11

« Reply #4164 on: August 15, 2011, 09:02:53 AM »
Gervinho take real chain up there. Best not to respond to Joey Barton's thuggery but he new so he probably didn't know. He shouldn't have slap de man though. Before that he look real good. At least he will be rested for the Udinese second leg. Barton went down like a sniper get him. After he get on big and bad to haul up the man. Chain up merchant. I was very disappointed to see all the Arsenal players shaking his hand afterwards. People who don't know about sportsmanship don't deserve to be treated in a sportsmanlike manner.

Hope Song doh eat a ban too. I didn't really think his incident was so bad though. Coulda been intentional, coulda been accidental. Only he know for sure. Maybe a second yellow. Men was up in arms for it though.

Arsenal now have a choice, spend the money on a replacement or try to use more movement and interchanging of passes. Arshavin was the only man who play a killer pass on Saturday. I truly believe he should be playing at #10. He is completely wasted on the wing.

Oh and Gervinho is a borse. Shame he gonna miss the Liverpool and Man U games. Love the "Rick James" comment Giggsy! :rotfl:

We have Michael Jacksin (Nani) and all yuh have Rick James! ;D

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: August 15, 2011, 09:09:23 AM »

Ay-doh be tryin tuh steal United's next buy. Supposedly United looking to bid 20mil for him.

Dortmund have 3 or 4 outstanding footballers and all young.
CB Hummels, Attack MF Kagawa, Gotze, and Striker Barrios
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: August 15, 2011, 09:31:04 AM »
BVB have Champions League football now. To lose Sahin AND Gotze in the summer before the CL would be suicide.

Dortmund have 3 or 4 outstanding footballers and all young.
CB Hummels, Attack MF Kagawa, Gotze, and Striker Barrios
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: August 15, 2011, 10:59:43 AM »
Dortmund will be nice to watch in the CL.

DORTMUND FORWARD lol

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: August 15, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »
here we go!
Newcastle United and Arsenal have been charged by The FA with failing to control their players following Saturday’s (13 August) fixture at St James’ Park.

Both clubs have been charged following a mass confrontation of players following an incident in which Arsenal’s Gervinho was also shown a red card in the 75th minute.

Following Gervinho’s dismissal Arsenal have today lodged a claim that the standard punishment of a three-match suspension is clearly excessive. A regulatory Commission will hear that claim on 16 August.

Meanwhile Arsenal’s Alex Song has been charged separately by The FA with violent conduct following an incident earlier in the same fixture.

Both clubs have until 4pm on 18 August to respond to the charge, whilst Song must reply by 6pm on 16 August.

And barton gets away with a facking yellow card!

looks like arsenal will face liverpool with

cheesey
sagna tv lk gibbs
walcott Wilshire Frimpng
RVP Chamakh Walcott

we like to do things the hard effin way

not to forget the champs league quaification eitherside of the pool game
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:45:12 PM by GunnerStunner »

giggsy11

« Reply #4169 on: August 15, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »
here we go!
Newcastle United and Arsenal have been charged by The FA with failing to control their players following Saturday’s (13 August) fixture at St James’ Park.

Both clubs have been charged following a mass confrontation of players following an incident in which Arsenal’s Gervinho was also shown a red card in the 75th minute.

Following Gervinho’s dismissal Arsenal have today lodged a claim that the standard punishment of a three-match suspension is clearly excessive. A regulatory Commission will hear that claim on 16 August.

Meanwhile Arsenal’s Alex Song has been charged separately by The FA with violent conduct following an incident earlier in the same fixture.

Both clubs have until 4pm on 18 August to respond to the charge, whilst Song must reply by 6pm on 16 August.

And barton gets away with a facking yellow card!

looks like arsenal will face liverpool with

cheesey
sagna tv lk gibbs
walcott Wilshire Frimpng
RVP Chamakh Walcott

we like to do things the hard effin way

not to forget the champs league quaification eitherside of the pool game

Dred, did you get a check up tuh see if yuh can handle this new season? We don't need tuh have yuh postin from a hospital bed now, do we?

1]; } ?>