April 26, 2024, 12:59:35 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 899229 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4290 on: August 24, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »
This Wenger fella seems to know a thing or two. I think he might stick around for a while as a manager.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: August 24, 2011, 02:35:32 PM »
This Wenger fella seems to know a thing or two. I think he might stick around for a while as a manager.

No Champions League for Arsenal eh?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tweet from Jack Wilshere ''Everyone played their part! And The boss got the team set up well and tatcics were perfect! All those who criticize pipe down now!''
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: August 24, 2011, 02:42:30 PM »
Where the haters at?  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: August 24, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »
now now

lets get back home travel up north and deal with manu, which i think will be more of a steal a point than try and beat them.

maybe this team just might gel if we can stay out of the red cards and get linesmen who see the offside instead of guessing!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:24:18 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: August 24, 2011, 03:02:49 PM »
now now

lets get back home travel up north and deal with manu, which i think will be more of a steal a point than try and beat them.

maybe this team just migth gel if we can stay out of the red cards and get linesmen who see the offside instead of guessing!

gel without Gervinho, Song and Frimpong for the weekend?   ;)

Cant wait for Sunday

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: August 24, 2011, 04:12:06 PM »
now now

maybe this team just migth gel if we can stay out of the red cards and get linesmen who see the offside instead of guessing!

Cant wait for Sunday

allyuh looking at arsenal like a fat kid at a all you can eat sweetie shop!

btw i was talking in general terms for the season not the upcoming game against you lot!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:24:57 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: August 24, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »
Long John Silver ketch everybody with a left footed pass ;D
Walcott on the left, was genius tactics, now when he run right, he heading towards goal  ;D

Seriously some first class goalkeeping today!!!!!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: August 24, 2011, 06:53:54 PM »
Doh study he. The team on Sunday is probably going to be the weakest Arsenal side you see for the last 5 years, or the next 5. If he gloating over food so he ent worth the aggravation. When they come Emirates and we wash them then he go bawl. And I go laugh.

Feels so good to ram all that "Arsenal not making Champs League" smugness from the haters back down their throats. Can't wait till we qualify for Champions League again next year!

now now

Cant wait for Sunday

allyuh looking at arsenal like a fat kid at a all you can eat sweetie shop!

btw i was talking in general terms for the season not the upcoming game against you lot!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:58:47 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: August 24, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »

Big Up!

Prepare alyuh self for that cut arse Sun eh.  8)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: August 24, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
“I would like to say the club is in overall a very strong position because for 15 years on the trot we have played in the Champions League. We have a new stadium, and a fantastic training ground, a very strong financial situation and a very strong team. Sometimes you have to take a distance from the catastrophe people have predicted.”

“We live in a society where everyone has an opinion on everything. I'm like someone who flies a plane for 30 years and I have to accept someone can come into the cockpit and think they can fly it better than I do. But that's our job and we have to accept it.”

- Arsene Wenger

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: August 24, 2011, 10:19:11 PM »
“I would like to say the club is in overall a very strong position because for 15 years on the trot we have played in the Champions League. We have a new stadium, and a fantastic training ground, a very strong financial situation and a very strong team. Sometimes you have to take a distance from the catastrophe people have predicted.”

“We live in a society where everyone has an opinion on everything. I'm like someone who flies a plane for 30 years and I have to accept someone can come into the cockpit and think they can fly it better than I do. But that's our job and we have to accept it.”

- Arsene Wenger

If Wenger is like a veteran pilot then Arsenal is like a plane that's in the hangar because the pilot sold the engines and can't find replacements.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: August 25, 2011, 05:07:28 AM »

- Arsene Wenger

If Wenger is like a veteran pilot then Arsenal is like a plane that's in the hangar because the pilot sold the engines and can't find replacements.

That whole poetry thing doesnt work for ya does it?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: August 25, 2011, 06:15:19 AM »

- Arsene Wenger

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: August 25, 2011, 07:03:32 AM »

- Arsene Wenger

it pass over he head like ah plane! allez allez

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: August 25, 2011, 09:11:31 AM »
I cyah wait till we beat $amir and his new teammates this year.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: August 25, 2011, 09:45:33 AM »
Before we feel too good...a win over manu will make wenger say the team safe and he will not buy any players.

A cutarse from them might help him make a purchase or two.

I am hoping for a 1-1 draw this weekend.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: August 25, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »
Would be nice if Wenger could get a player like Hazard.  Lille insistin he not for sale but we've heard that song before.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: August 25, 2011, 01:00:55 PM »
Speaking of new signings, Adebayor has just signed for Spurs.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: August 25, 2011, 01:17:07 PM »
Arsenal beat both ManU and Chelsea last season, so the result in itself is irrelevant. What has always been the question is the strength in depth of Arsenal, to play in all cmpetitions.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: August 25, 2011, 06:50:45 PM »
I agree with what you're saying but United will be HEAVY favorites for this game. With that many players missing and no holding midfielders? Wenger will have his work cut out for him.

Before we feel too good...a win over manu will make wenger say the team safe and he will not buy any players.

A cutarse from them might help him make a purchase or two.

I am hoping for a 1-1 draw this weekend.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: August 25, 2011, 07:35:10 PM »
Will be a real test of the defense and the team

If squillachi plays better he play up front and let theo mark in midfield and just chase d ball all day put pressure on manu middle lol

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: August 25, 2011, 07:44:07 PM »
Long John Silver ketch everybody with a left footed pass Grin
Walcott on the left, was genius tactics, now when he run right, he heading towards goal  Grin

well observed " Observer"

i only saw this on "highlights"..and said the same...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: August 26, 2011, 06:32:15 AM »
Thing is its usually sagna and walcott on the right yet somehow on the left they worked out a few one twos and bam theo in behind

And btw fergie mind games have a new target, the FA and reffs, todays comments will surely have opened up a soft spot in howard webbs granite heart for manu on sunday. 

Still curious who will fill the middle for arsenal, everyone associated with manu probably can't wait for kick off, my money is on somehow manu get cheesey sent off

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: August 26, 2011, 06:56:34 AM »
Oh gawd, spend some money nuh man Arsenal....  Stop being so ming piling and spend some judgement money, bad money, any money!

Arsenal's 'derisory' Cahill bid rejected

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/arsenal-derisory-cahill-bid-rejected-by-bolton-082611

Bolton manager Owen Coyle has confirmed the club has rejected a "derisory" bid from Arsenal for defender Gary Cahill.

The 25-year-old is entering the final year of his contract at the Reebok Stadium and Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been consistently linked with the England international.

Wenger is keen to bolster his defensive options - he is also thought to be interested in Everton's Phil Jagielka - and has money available following the departures of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.

But Coyle says the two clubs are a distance apart in terms of their valuation of Cahill.

He said: "There was a conversation between (Bolton chairman) Phil Gartside and a representative of Arsenal.

"I'm only passing this on as a third party, but the word derisory doesn't even cover it.

"When I make an offer for a player, I'd like to think in the right ball park, but this wasn't even close.

"I spoke to Gary Cahill about it before the Macclesfield game, and he knows everything that's going on."

While Coyle did not confirm how much Arsenal had offered for the player, it is reported that the bid was in the region of £7million ($11.4million).  ???

Coyle also confirmed that defender Marcos Alonso is facing eight to 12 weeks on the sidelines after suffering a broken metatarsal in the midweek Carling Cup win over Macclesfield.

The Spaniard was making his first start since April but joins a defensive injury list that includes Tyrone Mears, Sam Ricketts and Gretar Steinsson.

Coyle said: "Marcos has fractured a bone in his foot and he will have an operation this morning.

"He will be out for eight to 12 weeks, which is a real blow for him because he was starting to get to grips with the English game.

"He had a terrific pre-season and was pushing to try to get into the starting line-up."

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: August 26, 2011, 10:46:07 AM »
Agreed, but Wenger in his pregame press conference said:

"That number is completely wrong. If Gartside can say I am lying I am ready to confront him.. You can believe Gartside or you can believe me. It’s not right. It’s not the truth.

“The truth is that we never speak about our negotiations. If a club doesn’t want to sell a player it can keep him. When we sign a player we come out here and tell you and keep the price a secret”
"

Oh gawd, spend some money nuh man Arsenal....  Stop being so ming piling and spend some judgement money, bad money, any money!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: August 26, 2011, 11:06:36 AM »
Agreed, but Wenger in his pregame press conference said:

"That number is completely wrong. If Gartside can say I am lying I am ready to confront him.. You can believe Gartside or you can believe me. It’s not right. It’s not the truth.

“The truth is that we never speak about our negotiations. If a club doesn’t want to sell a player it can keep him. When we sign a player we come out here and tell you and keep the price a secret”
"

I feel like that is closer to the truth!!!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: August 26, 2011, 12:04:13 PM »

Big Up!

Prepare alyuh self for that cut arse Sun eh.  8)

Doh worry bout we nah..we are prepared for anything Howard Webb have for us...hope you guys are ready for a shocker!  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4317 on: August 26, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »

He might say that to the reporters but we know he don't actually believe that.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: August 26, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »
by offering that shit figure Arsenal will now have no chance of signing Cahill as the Chairman and Wenger are in a battle

DUMB f**kS

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: August 26, 2011, 01:13:08 PM »
by offering that shit figure Arsenal will now have no chance of signing Cahill as the Chairman and Wenger are in a battle

DUMB f**kS

No such thing as no chance ... he could leave for nothing next season if they are to get anything for him its this season .... and he is not worth $17 million pounds!!!

1]; } ?>