March 29, 2024, 02:37:50 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891914 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4500 on: August 30, 2011, 03:34:59 PM »
who would Mertesaker displace to start for England?  England problems never been defense so doh try da schupidness fella.  England play going forward always sputter in the midfield which causes the attack to be ineffective.  Per better than Terry or a fit Rio Ferdinand?  Guy try yuh bess nah.  Apart from that international ball and club ball different hoss.  To me it would make sense to get ah man who doin it in the EPL and commands the respect of his peers than to go raid ah team dat let een goals galore fuh a CB, buh daz jess me.  Expect England to win what?  Yuh feel is yesterday I start watchin football aought?  Wha shit yuh really talkin hoss?!!  Like ah say before allyuh go brave killa!!!! 

Flickinlilla - Terry and Rio very ordinary fella...by no means sh*tty but they ent all that...  English press is hype dem up and you biting that bait real strong.  When yuh watch Man U central pairing Vidic is the man and Rio is the boy... Rio get pips in his early days because he was a revelation by English standards i.e. an English central back who could pass the ball a little bit and who eh lookin' like he about tuh trip over his own feet if he hadda run 10 yards with the ball, but doh get tie up, Rio sorf - plenty mental mistakes, and against skill and pace he's a f*cking laborer.  Terry a lil better (as a defender) but Ricky Carvalho make he look real good...After Carvalho ride, Terry look very normal... I doh rate Per, but I eh go talk like Terry and Rio is the gold stars in some class above him.  If Terry and Rio didn't benefit from the English press, yuh wasn't hearin' nuttin bout dem...dem normal... Yuh say how club football and int'l ball different, yuh right - for dem two fellas when their club class get removed and iz time tuh show that they could ball with the best in a less than spectacular England set up....they fail...everytime. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 03:38:23 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: August 30, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
who would Mertesaker displace to start for England?  England problems never been defense so doh try da schupidness fella.  England play going forward always sputter in the midfield which causes the attack to be ineffective.  Per better than Terry or a fit Rio Ferdinand?  Guy try yuh bess nah.  Apart from that international ball and club ball different hoss.  To me it would make sense to get ah man who doin it in the EPL and commands the respect of his peers than to go raid ah team dat let een goals galore fuh a CB, buh daz jess me.  Expect England to win what?  Yuh feel is yesterday I start watchin football aought?  Wha shit yuh really talkin hoss?!!  Like ah say before allyuh go brave killa!!!! 

Flickinlilla - Terry and Rio very ordinary fella...by no means sh*tty but they ent all that...  English press is hype dem up and you biting that bait real strong.  When yuh watch Man U central pairing Vidic is the man and Rio is the boy... Rio get pips in his early days because he was a revelation by English standards i.e. an English central back who could pass the ball a little bit and who eh lookin' like he about tuh trip over his own feet if he hadda run 10 yards with the ball, but doh get tie up, Rio sorf - plenty mental mistakes, and against skill and pace he's a f*cking laborer.  Terry a lil better (as a defender) but Ricky Carvalho make he look real good...After Carvalho ride, Terry look very normal... I doh rate Per, but I eh go talk like Terry and Rio is the gold stars in some class above him.  If Terry and Rio didn't benefit from the English press, yuh wasn't hearin' nuttin bout dem...dem normal... Yuh say how club football and int'l ball different, yuh right - for dem two fellas when their club class get removed and iz time tuh show that they could ball with the best in a less than spectacular England set up....they fail...everytime. 

I disagree with this.. For as much shit that England is their strongest position has always been central defence. The reason is simple, it is a workhorse position that requires little skill and plenty brute force - which falls right down the alley of the average English player.

England has never been wanting for world class stoppers... Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Sol Campbell, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Ledley King etc etc etc were/are world class central defenders... The list goes on and on, if Terry and Ferdinand get injured today any of Cahill, Dawson, Upson, Lescott, Johnson, Shawcross could step in and fill in.. I don't think many other national teams have that kinda depth.

Me personally, i woulda spend the extra 10m and take Cahill. The man already familiar with the English league and is a known commodity, he young and he have motivation to push for a spot in the England team. Also yuh cyah overlook the fact that he English, dem kinda men does be valuable in dem "get stuck in" kinda games like Stoke and Arsenal need that.

Per is much more of a gamble.  He could come in and establish himself alongside Vermalean as a solid central defensive pairing but in the same speed he could pop down and get exposed for lack of speed to keep up with the pace of the EPL.

Anyway, anything better than Djourou and Koscielney right now.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: August 30, 2011, 08:19:17 PM »
I disagree with this.. For as much shit that England is their strongest position has always been central defence. The reason is simple, it is a workhorse position that requires little skill and plenty brute force - which falls right down the alley of the average English player.

True but that is a relative statement...i.e. strongest relative to their other positions - still pretty normal to me...I doh really rate dem fellas like that. Keown, Adams...nah man, dem fellas ent all that...Check out Sol Campbell vs. Brazil in WC 2002 - World Class my arse.  Fella looking like a clumsy labourer chasing shadows...and he could barely run with the ball.  Check out England central backs vs. Portugal in Euro 2000 and Euro 2004 - Not world class one bit.

One thing I give them fellas is they are fit, disciplined and they typically very strong in the air....but put the ground, move it around quickly and throw some real individual attacking quality at dem fellas and yuh realize that they very limited... I admit that alot of it comes down to taste and preference, and I kinda bias against their brand...

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: August 30, 2011, 08:44:35 PM »
Waaaaaaay boy. Dat ting continue real long. I was studying how to beat curfew with rum in meh head. I guess I still drunk.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: August 31, 2011, 05:34:47 AM »
<object width="425" height="350">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3OQv7x_DDkw"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3OQv7x_DDkw"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed>
</object>
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:43:36 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: August 31, 2011, 08:55:07 AM »

Dan doh make meh cuss yuh eh!!  Wha de ass u talking bout biting bait?  So I doh watch dem play whenever I have an opportunity so I can assess fuyh mehself right?  Allyuh eh bet allyuh could say dumb ass shit when allyuh want to pontificate and pretend like allyuh ha some better vantage point oui!!  ::)

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4506 on: August 31, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »
I not sure looking at how many goals a team concedes is a measure of the quality of an individual defender. So using that Bremen stat against Mertesacker doesn't make much sense to me. Also, if you using that to say that Arsenal should go after Cahill instead, I think you should check Bolton stats. Their defensive record is not any better.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4507 on: August 31, 2011, 09:20:13 AM »

England has never been wanting for world class stoppers... Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Sol Campbell, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Ledley King etc etc etc were/are world class central defenders... The list goes on and on, if Terry and Ferdinand get injured today any of Cahill, Dawson, Upson, Lescott, Johnson, Shawcross could step in and fill in.. I don't think many other national teams have that kinda depth.

Me personally, i woulda spend the extra 10m and take Cahill. The man already familiar with the English league and is a known commodity, he young and he have motivation to push for a spot in the England team. Also yuh cyah overlook the fact that he English, dem kinda men does be valuable in dem "get stuck in" kinda games like Stoke and Arsenal need that.

Per is much more of a gamble.  He could come in and establish himself alongside Vermalean as a solid central defensive pairing but in the same speed he could pop down and get exposed for lack of speed to keep up with the pace of the EPL.

Anyway, anything better than Djourou and Koscielney right now.

I think Ferdinand and Terry are good defenders. But some of those other names you called are not very good at all. Especially Upson and Dawson.

Koscielny not looking as bad as Djourou right now. If anything Koscielny looks physically stronger and his heading has improved. Djourou on the other hand seems to be regressing.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4508 on: August 31, 2011, 09:41:37 AM »
I hadda say that I agree more with Killa and Dinho.

Mertesacker is not as good as Rio and Terry. Yes they get hype, yes Rio didn’t really fulfill potential and use to have concentration lapses and yes they benefit from partnerships….But with all that they better then Mertesacker.

But that is not the real comparison the comparison is Cahill and I also feel that he is a surer bet but that is why yuh pay more money to minimize risk. Cahill is also a much better ball player than Mertesacker. He have skills to play in midfield and could start or finish an attacking play.

Anyway even Wenger had doubts about Mertesacker. Apparently they look at him plenty last year and went for Cahill first.

Also heard an interesting piece of news that Arsenal bid 8M for Jones in January but Blackburn ask for 10M and Arsenal decide to sit back and wait them out. Jones sign new contract with buyout clause and United snap him up despite Wenger coming in for him prepared to pay the 16M too. For all Dansteel talk Jones is a player. At 19 years Jones is well ahead of where Rio was at that age and he will be developing at a big club not at West Ham and Leeds where Rio was a big pappy making one setta mistakes while everbody was fawning over him..

Also heard that Wenger only pay 12M for Oxtail-Chamberlain because United was in for him so they went in real high.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: August 31, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »
Dan doh make meh cuss yuh eh!!  Wha de ass u talking bout biting bait?  So I doh watch dem play whenever I have an opportunity so I can assess fuyh mehself right?  Allyuh eh bet allyuh could say dumb ass shit when allyuh want to pontificate and pretend like allyuh ha some better vantage point oui!!  ::)

Thanks fuh not cussin meh haha... I eh pontificating anymore that you fella... I throw a lil bait 'tuh get under yuh skin 'cause as usual you rhell hyper and it kinda funny lol... I also doh have a better vantage point.  I just have a less flaterring opinion of Terry & Rio... and I find for players who don't really stand out for any special qualities, the british media is love up dem men too much.  

JDB, I never say they weren't better than Mertesacker- I actually said that I don't rate Mertesacker...I find him a lil clumsy to be honest.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:50:32 AM by kicker »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: August 31, 2011, 09:56:52 AM »
Thanks fuh not cussin meh haha... I eh pontificating anymore that you fella... I throw a lil bait 'tuh get under yuh skin 'cause as usual you rhell hyper and it kinda funny lol... I also doh have a better vantage point.  I just have a less flaterring opinion of Terry & Rio... I not really on them, and I find for players who don't really stand out for any special qualities, the british media is love up dem men too much.  

JDB, I never say they weren't better than Mertesacker- I said that I don't rate Mertesacker...

I make yuh out long time playin yuh tryin to antagonize me fella ;D

I kno yuh not on dem and is not to say I on dem needa eh, but ah get to see enough of them over the years.  Germany is also one of the national sides I like to watch so I watch Per and while he not prone to as many mental lapses as Rio was he behind in the overall physical ability and attributes IMO.  Per never really get expose much because the German midfield has been very strong for quite some time now.  Is not often Per an dem been really put under severe pressure so de results more often flatter to decieve.  To me (getting to the real point) Cahill is a much better and more dynamic player that would likely fit in better at Arsenal.  Knowing the EPL is a plus, wanting to make the first XI on the national team is another plus that to me will also pay dividends.  The man have the ability to make a forray into the middle if necessary with the ball and have enough pace to chase dong and ketch forwards, so to me he make all the sense in the world and it ha nutten to do with being English.  Buh Dansteel an dem like de empty trophy case so I truly hope they sign Per before the day done!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: August 31, 2011, 10:34:32 AM »
I make yuh out long time playin yuh tryin to antagonize me fella ;D

I kno yuh not on dem and is not to say I on dem needa eh, but ah get to see enough of them over the years.  Germany is also one of the national sides I like to watch so I watch Per and while he not prone to as many mental lapses as Rio was he behind in the overall physical ability and attributes IMO.  Per never really get expose much because the German midfield has been very strong for quite some time now.  Is not often Per an dem been really put under severe pressure so de results more often flatter to decieve.  To me (getting to the real point) Cahill is a much better and more dynamic player that would likely fit in better at Arsenal.  Knowing the EPL is a plus, wanting to make the first XI on the national team is another plus that to me will also pay dividends.  The man have the ability to make a forray into the middle if necessary with the ball and have enough pace to chase dong and ketch forwards, so to me he make all the sense in the world and it ha nutten to do with being English.  Buh Dansteel an dem like de empty trophy case so I truly hope they sign Per before the day done!

Fair enough...price tag is clearly a factor.  The way Wenger does move, that $10M he'll save on Cahill he could pick up some 16 years olds from Togo, Zaire, Burkina Faso and Marseille...who nobody never hear bout lol

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: August 31, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »
Mertesacker, Santos done deal
Benayoum from Chelsea looks very likely
Big rumor on Arteta
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: August 31, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
Benayoun looks to be a good fit there - Very Wenger-like player, but no spring chicken anymore...

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: August 31, 2011, 12:16:42 PM »
Benayoun looks to be a good fit there - Very Wenger-like player, but no spring chicken anymore...

Yeah I think he'll actually do well there

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4515 on: August 31, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »
cheap bastards...cant even fork out a lil extra for Arteta

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4516 on: August 31, 2011, 01:22:47 PM »
Truth about the Traore transfer  ;D ;D

Arsene Wenger is notoriously secretive about his transfer activity, and the latest rumor from an equally notorious source has given us plenty of reason to believe why this is the case. Word on the back pages of scrap book somewhere is that Arsenal actually paid QPR to take Senegalese left back Armand Traore off of the Gunners books. Just when we thought the modern transfer window could not get any more outrageous…

The fee, reported to be around £7million pounds, was negotiated between the two clubs moments after the final whistle of Arsenal’s humiliating 8-2 loss to Manchester United. QPR accepted, but not before turning down a ‘derisory’ bid thought to be around £2 million plus Armand.

It’s the first time in the history of the Premier League transfer window that a team has received a transfer fee for a player coming in, and (despite being the only transfer of this nature) Traore’s move has also been officially listed as a Premiership record for the ‘lowest’ fee ever paid by a club. The figure also sets a QPR transfer fee record surpassing the £6 million the club received from Newcastle United for Les Ferdinand in June 1995.

An unnamed source commented: “We couldn’t believe it when Arsenal made the offer. It just said that they would give us Armand Traore and cash, but didn’t say who they were interested in getting in return. I sat waiting for the rest of the fax… I thought that they must be after one of our academy prospects.”

Meanwhile it is thought that Wenger used complex financial model to compute that with future Champions League qualification at risk, Traore was in fact a £9million liability to the club and that the deal should be viewed as Arsenal clearing its debts – an idea described by club officials as ‘revolutionary’.

With the move completed, Arsenal now have the room to bring in much needed defensive reinforcements. Brazilian international Andre Santos and German stopper Per Mertesacker are thought to be on their way to club. Premiership newboys QPR also see the transfer as a means to bolstering their inexperienced squad and latest news is that they will be using the monies received to buy a new left back.

Just a little kicks I wrote in my blog: http://arsenalnow.blogspot.com/

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: August 31, 2011, 01:37:29 PM »
Mertesacker, Santos done deal
Benayoum from Chelsea looks very likely
Big rumor on Arteta
Arteta deal seems to be off.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14739185.stm
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: August 31, 2011, 02:09:44 PM »

Yeah I think he'll actually do well there
ride out with benayoun wil be another rosicky or AA on the park doing a lot of nothing playing out of position or no clue whats going on

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: August 31, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »

ride out bumcee  :rotfl:

we really dont want/need another injury prone player at the grove thank you very much

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: August 31, 2011, 02:19:21 PM »
Truth about the Traore transfer  ;D ;D

Arsene Wenger is notoriously secretive about his transfer activity, and the latest rumor from an equally notorious source has given us plenty of reason to believe why this is the case. Word on the back pages of scrap book somewhere is that Arsenal actually paid QPR to take Senegalese left back Armand Traore off of the Gunners books. Just when we thought the modern transfer window could not get any more outrageous…

The fee, reported to be around £7million pounds, was negotiated between the two clubs moments after the final whistle of Arsenal’s humiliating 8-2 loss to Manchester United. QPR accepted, but not before turning down a ‘derisory’ bid thought to be around £2 million plus Armand.

It’s the first time in the history of the Premier League transfer window that a team has received a transfer fee for a player coming in, and (despite being the only transfer of this nature) Traore’s move has also been officially listed as a Premiership record for the ‘lowest’ fee ever paid by a club. The figure also sets a QPR transfer fee record surpassing the £6 million the club received from Newcastle United for Les Ferdinand in June 1995.

An unnamed source commented: “We couldn’t believe it when Arsenal made the offer. It just said that they would give us Armand Traore and cash, but didn’t say who they were interested in getting in return. I sat waiting for the rest of the fax… I thought that they must be after one of our academy prospects.”

Meanwhile it is thought that Wenger used complex financial model to compute that with future Champions League qualification at risk, Traore was in fact a £9million liability to the club and that the deal should be viewed as Arsenal clearing its debts – an idea described by club officials as ‘revolutionary’.

With the move completed, Arsenal now have the room to bring in much needed defensive reinforcements. Brazilian international Andre Santos and German stopper Per Mertesacker are thought to be on their way to club. Premiership newboys QPR also see the transfer as a means to bolstering their inexperienced squad and latest news is that they will be using the monies received to buy a new left back.

if that were true we would gotten almunia eboue diaby rosicky  squillachi off of of our hands sooner
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:25:45 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: August 31, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »
Premiership newboys QPR also see the transfer as a means to bolstering their inexperienced squad and latest news is that they will be using the monies received to buy a new left back.

haha...low blow.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: August 31, 2011, 02:35:12 PM »
Premiership newboys QPR also see the transfer as a means to bolstering their inexperienced squad and latest news is that they will be using the monies received to buy a new left back.

haha...low blow./quote]

really? i am a better left back than him

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: August 31, 2011, 02:42:58 PM »

I happy he ride nutten but facking pine at Chelsea... wish him luck at Arsenal.

Not really.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: August 31, 2011, 02:52:16 PM »
I happy he ride nutten but facking pine at Chelsea... wish him luck at Arsenal.

Not really.

hahaha...a lil bitter are we?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: August 31, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »
official now - benayoun has signed with the arse.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: August 31, 2011, 03:54:47 PM »

STFU  :devil:

We get what we want!  ;D

@ArsenalOffside: To put it in perspective, tha'ts Gervinho, Park, Santos, Mertesacker, Arteta, & Yossi for about the price of Andy Carroll"  :rotfl:

Big Up!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:58:59 PM by DeSoWa »
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

giggsy11

« Reply #4527 on: August 31, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »
Some of these signings a year or two to late!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: August 31, 2011, 04:29:30 PM »

Fabregas & Nasri replaced by Arteta & Benayoun.....lets be honest, there was no serious planning going on here lol

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: August 31, 2011, 04:32:35 PM »

Fabregas & Nasri replaced by Arteta & Benayoun.....lets be honest, there was no serious planning going on here lol

Let's be honest - these are not meant to replace those players, but to enhance the team because of the lost of those players. We can't ever replace FAB!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

1]; } ?>