March 28, 2024, 06:59:33 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891652 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4590 on: September 10, 2011, 09:32:11 PM »
That whole thing look like a preseason game.
Swansea will give people trouble. they still getting relegated eh - no goalscorer. But yuh ent go roll over them easy easy.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: September 10, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »
Ngozi did you find that Frimpong gave the ball away far too much?
I am starting to get the feeling that if Walcott was not English he would be out of the Premiership.
Agree! Arshavin pulling stones, big time!!!

I think he did give the ball away a lil more than he normally would but,    the thing with him was anytime he gave it away he fought back for it or at least put some sort of pressure on the guy  ...... also I was given the impression that he wasnt 100 percent today which is why coquelin came on for him

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: September 10, 2011, 10:24:49 PM »
Swansea will give people trouble. they still getting relegated eh - no goalscorer. But yuh ent go roll over them easy easy.

I think their offense is a bit unlucky but theyre dangerous lita , dyer and lawd knows sinclair .... dem fellas is trouble  !!!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: September 12, 2011, 07:45:52 AM »
Watched the Game at an Pub in Chicago, The GLOBE PUB, its a chicago gooners pub, but they show all the prem games (and every other sport) full of ex pats spurs, city, chelsea, everton, liverpool fans too. most manu fans go to a manu pub a few blocks away (think its time for a good ole fashioned yob rumble (joke))

that said i shall be the newest memebr of the CHICAGO GOONERS  :beermug:

watched the game and have to say there is a lot to improve! but promising...

still poor on off ball movements/runs into the box etc
theo and frimpong need an older respected head to clip them about the ears when they get lippy
still missing many players song, gervinho, Tommy V, Jackie Boy, Diaby (grudgingly but he's better than that shit snake coquelin)
per needs some adjustment, cheesy did awesomely to stop swansea from taking an early lead
our shooting was piss poor that day
AA should not be on the wing! if wenger wants him them start him behind two forwards!
maybe a line up like...4 3 1 2

sagna per tv gibbs
song jack frim
       AA
  walcott rvp

ah well onto champs game at home then blackburn looking forward to seeing what this team can bring

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: September 12, 2011, 08:44:20 AM »
Ngozi did you find that Frimpong gave the ball away far too much?
I am starting to get the feeling that if Walcott was not English he would be out of the Premiership.
Agree! Arshavin pulling stones, big time!!!

Frimpong is not a polished product - his technique a lil off, and his concentration comes and goes.

Walcott is one-dimensional....and literally only ONE dimension....Arshavin always looks a little less than fully fit - I dunno.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: September 12, 2011, 09:24:27 AM »
Mertsaker cannot jump! We knew he would be slow but his strength was supposed to be his heading ability which I was not sold on today. Cahill might have actually been a better option!!! The season is still young though.

If anybody thinking that Mertesacker's strength was buttin a ball, then they were sadly misinformed.  People fall into that trap because he so tall.  But Crouch and Dennis Lawrence are tall too but below average headers of the ball.

Mertesacker's strengths are his positional play and the fact that when he makes a tackle, it's clean, he invariably takes the ball away from the attacker (as happened on a few occasions in this game...notably a double take away in the first half), and doesn't tend to give away needless free kicks in dangerous areas.  Matter of fact, his tackling percentage without getting booked (yes...they keep track of these things) is so high, his nickname in Germany is "Mr. Clean".

Oh...BTW....Sinclair from Swansea is the first player I see thus far dat had Sagna in school.

Now I eh know if Sangna simply not match fit, or if he comin off an injury, or if is jes Sinclair mash him up like a novice.  But Sagna couldn't contain him whole match. 

Sinclair is definitely one to watch this season.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:28:50 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4596 on: September 12, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »
Mertsaker cannot jump! We knew he would be slow but his strength was supposed to be his heading ability which I was not sold on today. Cahill might have actually been a better option!!! The season is still young though.

If anybody thinking that Mertesacker's strength was buttin a ball, then they were sadly misinformed.  People fall into that trap because he so tall.  But Crouch and Dennis Lawrence are tall too but below average headers of the ball.

Mertesacker's strengths are his positional play and the fact that when he makes a tackle, it's clean, he invariably takes the ball away from the attacker (as happened on a few occasions in this game...notably a double take away in the first half), and doesn't tend to give away needless free kicks in dangerous areas.  Matter of fact, his tackling percentage without getting booked (yes...they keep track of these things) is so high, his nickname in Germany is "Mr. Clean".

Oh...BTW....Sinclair from Swansea is the first player I see thus far dat had Sagna in school.

Now I eh know if Sangna simply not match fit, or if he comin off an injury, or if is jes Sinclair mash him up like a novice.  But Sagna couldn't contain him whole match. 

I wouldn't say Crouch or Dennis are below average headers of the ball, but I hear what you saying. I was looking forward to seeing Mertesacker cause I didn't know much about the player other than his track record (aka wikipedia profile). He looked a lot slow and his build makes him look clumsy but he did all the right things. And you see what you said there about giving away unnecessary free kicks in dangerous areas - I'm so happy to read that cause that seems to be Arsenal's specialty of late.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: September 12, 2011, 10:30:37 AM »
Yuh see how phil jones get on for manu...I hurt meh d man tell we to use vicks. Also Mata not coming was another blow. Them 2 fellas woulda make the world of difference.

I wasn't impressed this weeken, I want to see this korean in action as well as Santos.

Arsenal need a big player> Arteta and Benayoun just there to hold the fort till January.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: September 12, 2011, 10:55:49 AM »

I hear what yuh saying palos but I'm still not sold on Mertsacker .. but like I said season early I thought Kos outplayed him as for Sinclair he seems to be one of them who has slipped under the radar I dont expect him to be at Swansea next year the fella have a very quick first step, his final ball wasn't as consistent as needed but he is def dangerous and hard to hold, I suspect alot more defenders are going to have issues holding him this year ... decent stepovers as well.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 02:18:19 PM by Ngozi »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: September 12, 2011, 11:13:18 AM »
as for Sinclair he seems to be one of tem who has slipped under the radar I dont expect him to be at Swansea next year the fella have a very quick first step

No kidding - one of the quickest.  I wasn't even feelin' his step overs - they were kinda inefficient to me - they didn't involve enough body movement tuh unbalance the defender (same thing I think about C. Ronaldo actually - his step overs are all footwork and no body movement -pretty tuh look at but not so much bang fuh the buck...) But when Sinclair drop the shoulder and change pace, he left men standing still....every time.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: September 12, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »

Man now getting hip to Swansea and Sinclair....

Three Swans players stood out for me against City on Monday night, the speedy pair of Nathan Dyer and former Chelsea man Scott Sinclair… and Swansea’s star of the night, goalkeeper Michel Vorm.

Dyer and Sinclair are both young, blessed with world-class pace, and are full of confidence... qualities you'd want in any player.  Sinclair may not have panned out with Chelsea, but at only 22 he still has a world of potential ahead of him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/807362-5-great-things-about-opening-weekend-in-the-premier-league/page/2
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 02:06:25 PM by Bakes »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: September 12, 2011, 03:51:23 PM »

Sagna was ill, has been hence why he wasnt at manu game...not sure if he turned out for france during international week...

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: September 12, 2011, 03:56:06 PM »
here's the squad list for tomorrow
minus jack n diaby i think its the full first team

Arsenal squad (in alphabetical order):
Andrey Arshavin
Mikel Arteta
Yossi Benayoun
Marouane Chamakh
Johan Djourou
Gervinho
Kieran Gibbs
Lukasz Fabianski
Emmanuel Frimpong
Laurent Koscielny
Per Mertesacker
Ju Young Park
Andre Santos
Bacary Sagna
Alex Song
Wojciech Szczesny
Robin van Persie
Theo Walcott

I NOW NOTICE RAMSEY WAS LEFT OUT THEN I SEE HE'S INJURED  :banginghead:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:06:56 AM by GunnerStunner »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: September 13, 2011, 01:04:08 PM »
cant see d game ah suffering!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: September 15, 2011, 09:00:53 AM »
hmmmm men quiet....

from what i can tell about the game v dortmund, the score lien could easily have been as bad as what we got at manchester....

so put that in perspective, whats changed? the defense looks a lil better (also i feel manu scored more than usuall on the opportunities presented to them (something a champion does))

we still havent found what works bestfor us, our attack seems disjointed and confused from game to game.

still not sold on benayoun at least he runs more than AA

again AA should not be playing out on the wing...

wenger also mentioned that dispite finishing 4th we had the best away record in the league last year, what really killed us was the number of games we drew, for get the loses, those draws killed us

so apart from dortmunds great/lucky? goal we faced two very attacking teams in europe and havent lost. bear in mind we have managed to feild our strongest teams for Champs league games vs not quite and certainly not first teams for the premireship.

we are getting back to full strength, even with jack rambo tommy n diaby out injured and frimpong suspended, i think gervinho and song are back for prem but in migth be wrong

blackburn a re a sticky wicket away, and even mor eunpredictable given the fans building dissent towards the manager and board. wil this affect theier teams performance come saturday? lets see how we perform saturday, what players wenger picks and how hungry those players are to win...

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4605 on: September 15, 2011, 01:18:18 PM »
Dortmund weren't that much better than us. It was failrly even in the first half. In the second half Dortmund kept pressing for the equaliser and we got more nervous worrying about ttrying to keep the lead. We also created some chances (not many as we normally do), one from Gervinho in particular that he should have scored to go 2 - 0 up. It was a fair result. Szcezney made some big saves at the end when Dortmund were pushing for the go ahead.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: September 15, 2011, 01:45:44 PM »
The defense was better than you think. Dortmund had shots, esp in the first half, but for the most part they were tame. The game was mostly in the midfield, with Arsenal having less posession that you accustomed to, but this is a very different style/side to last year.

Also, Dortmund doesn't stop running, they are active on offense and defense and swarm to the ball. You would see Gervinho or walcott look like they break free only to have 4 men surround them and take the ball.

The goal in the end was a goal of the year candidate. You can't be vexed for that. A 2-2 result would have been fair I think.

As for Mertesacker, the fella is all about experience, you could beat him in a foot race, but you probably will never get the chance to race him. That fella does just ease you out of what you want to do and make life hard. and he does tackle with a slide rule. The Mr Clean billing is not hype. The other defenders work around him to do the running, put Dortmund into unfavorable positions and he and Szczesny just clean up behind that. Song was a beast in this game too.

I know is only 2 games in (after the transfer window) But I think this defense on last-year's team probably wins a trophy.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: September 15, 2011, 04:37:11 PM »
The defense was better than you think. Dortmund had shots, esp in the first half, but for the most part they were tame. The game was mostly in the midfield, with Arsenal having less posession that you accustomed to, but this is a very different style/side to last year.

Also, Dortmund doesn't stop running, they are active on offense and defense and swarm to the ball. You would see Gervinho or walcott look like they break free only to have 4 men surround them and take the ball.

The goal in the end was a goal of the year candidate. You can't be vexed for that. A 2-2 result would have been fair I think.

As for Mertesacker, the fella is all about experience, you could beat him in a foot race, but you probably will never get the chance to race him. That fella does just ease you out of what you want to do and make life hard. and he does tackle with a slide rule. The Mr Clean billing is not hype. The other defenders work around him to do the running, put Dortmund into unfavorable positions and he and Szczesny just clean up behind that. Song was a beast in this game too.

I know is only 2 games in (after the transfer window) But I think this defense on last-year's team probably wins a trophy.

What's your take on Gibbs?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: September 15, 2011, 05:54:11 PM »
What's your take on Gibbs?

Still early but they don't miss Clichy at all. I also think he's a better crosser of the ball.

Just remember though, I thought the decline began with the loss of Hleb. I still think he is the kind of player they really need.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: September 17, 2011, 07:07:11 AM »
Y'all getting rip to shreds.

However everyone could have seen that goal was offside even before he kicked it in. Hard luck.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: September 17, 2011, 07:39:02 AM »
To naive from Arsenal. They look like a school boy team in decision making.

Ramsey couldn't pass gas.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: September 17, 2011, 07:40:20 AM »
Wes Craven does coach Arsenal defense.

Brilliant going forward, Horror show in the back.

If allyuh didn't have bad luck, allyuh wouldn't have any luck at all.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: September 17, 2011, 07:43:46 AM »
Arsenal is a mess at the back, especially on set plays.

Wenger has good attacking ideas, but clearly his team struggle with defensive organization.
Maybe the fix is with an addition to the coaching staff. Someone who can work with the defending.
New left back looks a good player.
Gervinho is good quality
Ramsey still feeling his way.
No excuses against the likes of Balckburn NONE! Giving up 4 goals, seriously.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: September 17, 2011, 07:48:19 AM »

Wenger has good attacking ideas, but clearly his team struggle with defensive organization.
Maybe the fix is with an addition to the coaching staff. Someone who can work with the defending.
Gervinho is good quality

Well they did score 5... ::)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: September 17, 2011, 08:01:21 AM »

Gervinho is good quality

Well they did score 5... ::)

Ent! hahahahahah  Seriously they really look good going forward and should have had 6.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: September 17, 2011, 08:18:35 AM »
Arsenal is good comedic relief in these tough times.
After a hard week it's nice to be able to sit down and watch the comedy unfold on the pitch.

Apart from the own goals and yak's 2nd though, some nice goals dey.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:37:26 AM by Peong »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: September 17, 2011, 08:32:45 AM »
Arsenal was unlucky today - two own goals and an offside goal on the road..that's just bad luck. 

Of course the media will hype it as they've started the season miserably and everyone will feed off of it and say Arsenal gone through blah blah, but today they were unlucky- it happens. 

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: September 17, 2011, 08:38:54 AM »
What de jail .... I oncall had to work late last night so I miss the gAME AND WHEN i WAKE UP i SEE BLACKBURN BEAT WE?
I need to go back to sleep.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: September 17, 2011, 10:47:12 AM »
Arsenal was unlucky today - two own goals and an offside goal on the road..that's just bad luck. 

Of course the media will hype it as they've started the season miserably and everyone will feed off of it and say Arsenal gone through blah blah, but today they were unlucky- it happens. 

That offsides talk is just a distraction... Santos kept Yakubu on, if he was offside it was only fractionally so and didn't offer him any real advantage.  I say this not to start yet another meaningless argument, but to underscore in my mind how poor Arsenal was.  I only saw 20 mins of the second half, enough to see Blackburn's 3rd and 4th.  On the fourth, I wouldn't even say they were unlucky... it was a poor midfield challenge by Djourou and a failure to then contain Larsson by Song.  I think Koscielny was unfortunate... but not Arsenal as a team.

I think it's very telling that Arsenal's best player right now is Szczesny... playing at a much higher level than even Van Persie if you ask me.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: September 17, 2011, 11:21:17 AM »

That offsides talk is just a distraction... Santos kept Yakubu on, if he was offside it was only fractionally so and didn't offer him any real advantage.  I say this not to start yet another meaningless argument, but to underscore in my mind how poor Arsenal was.  I only saw 20 mins of the second half, enough to see Blackburn's 3rd and 4th.  On the fourth, I wouldn't even say they were unlucky... it was a poor midfield challenge by Djourou and a failure to then contain Larsson by Song.  I think Koscielny was unfortunate... but not Arsenal as a team.

I think it's very telling that Arsenal's best player right now is Szczesny... playing at a much higher level than even Van Persie if you ask me.

Bakes you are wrong, that offside was big time. The lineman was not even in line with the last defender. The fraction in side the 6 yard box is a big deal. He was clearly and plainly offside, no replay was necessary to show he was.

1]; } ?>