March 29, 2024, 02:24:16 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891911 times)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4950 on: December 16, 2011, 08:25:00 AM »
AC Milan? Tough opponent, should be a good game but the Gunners can go through.
Victoria concordia crescit

giggsy11

« Reply #4951 on: December 18, 2011, 10:52:02 AM »
If I was Djoroui's teammates, I wouldn't pass tuh him or look for the pass back. The man making all kind of breakfoot and pullstones pass every time he have the ball! And when he loose it he joggin back. Arsenal holdin dey own doh!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: December 18, 2011, 10:54:05 AM »
If I was Djoroui's teammates, I wouldn't pass tuh him or look for the pass back. The man making all kind of breakfoot and pullstones pass every time he have the ball! And when he loose it he joggin back. Arsenal holdin dey own doh!

At least he not playing in central defense
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

giggsy11

« Reply #4953 on: December 18, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »
Good lord; Arshavin is shite!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: December 18, 2011, 12:09:25 PM »
A hard fought loss. Arsenal were always in it but couldn't apply the killer touch. Theo was anonymous, Arshavin more so, Ramsey still giving away the ball too much. Koscielny should be banned from playing right back. Needed a touch of luck or magic against a very good side and didn't get it today.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: December 18, 2011, 12:09:45 PM »
Sell him to Anzhi!

giggsy11

« Reply #4956 on: December 18, 2011, 12:14:54 PM »
Sell him to Anzhi!

Ship him out with Anelka! If Arsenal had gotten something from Walcott today Arsenal could have at least gotten a point. Rick James was making some nice runs but Arsenal couldn't put pressure on Walcott's side to work that City defence.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: December 18, 2011, 12:27:18 PM »
Sell him to Anzhi!

Ship him out with Anelka! If Arsenal had gotten something from Walcott today Arsenal could have at least gotten a point. Rick James was making some nice runs but Arsenal couldn't put pressure on Walcott's side to work that City defence.

Totally agree with you there. Theo was anonymous. I was hoping he would have more of an impact second half but once Arshavin came on I knew it was game over.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: December 18, 2011, 01:23:30 PM »
Sell him to Anzhi!

Totally agree with you there. Theo was anonymous. I was hoping he would have more of an impact second half but once Arshavin came on I knew it was game over.

which is a hell of a thing to know as a fan...the players know it too make no mistake.  all these cameos arsh getting i hope some club side mad enuf to take him in january.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: December 18, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »
Sell him to Anzhi!
That man clearly not able at this level anymore.

Oxalde-Chamberlain was the best player on the field in the Carling Cup game. Why is Wenger playing Arshavin above him?

which is a hell of a thing to know as a fan...the players know it too make no mistake.  all these cameos arsh getting i hope some club side mad enuf to take him in january.
TnT Patriot

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: December 19, 2011, 11:53:36 AM »
Still couldn't understand why you would put on Arsharvin and leave Rosicky on the bench plus after that performance against Man City how is it Ox cyah make the bench? The two men who come on played in that same Carling cup game and play lala yet they get the nod ahead of Ox ... the logic here escapes me.
Anytime I see Arsharvin coming on I see that as a sign Wenger throwing the towel in.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: December 19, 2011, 12:08:23 PM »
Chamberlin has an injury.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: December 21, 2011, 01:25:34 PM »
Starting lineup vs Villa: Szczesny, Coquelin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Frimpong, Arteta, Ramsey, Walcott, Gervinho, Van Persie.

Subs: Almunia, Squillaci, Benayoun, Arshavin, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh.

Coquelin at Right back? Hmmmm.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: December 21, 2011, 08:39:35 PM »
Always liked Arteta, but with his injury history it just seems to me he has lost a
yard of pace. I know he was never the quickest, but he had a nice three steps in the earlys.
Hopefully, he may find it again because Arsenal could use some burst from midfield.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: December 22, 2011, 09:10:52 AM »
RVP is currently second (behind Suarez) in this SKY poll for player of 2011 - get voting sharpish and get him up to top spot where he belongs!
http://www1.skysports.com/​football/news/11096/7388855/​Player-of-2011

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4965 on: December 22, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »
RVP is currently second (behind Suarez) in this SKY poll for player of 2011 - get voting sharpish and get him up to top spot where he belongs!
http://www1.skysports.com/​football/news/11096/7388855/​Player-of-2011

Steups. Suarez higher than RVP? How many times he vote for heself? Anybody else who vote dat is a DUNCE!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: December 22, 2011, 02:44:57 PM »
Is it me or is Mertesacker unconvincing? Wenger really need to get an adviser when buying central defenders Cygan, Squillachi, Senderos and now Mertesacker  ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: December 22, 2011, 04:07:24 PM »
Is it me or is Mertesacker unconvincing? Wenger really need to get an adviser when buying central defenders Cygan, Squillachi, Senderos and now Mertesacker  ;D

He's grown on me still not my idea of a great centre back but he does a job and keeps it simple ... still of the opinion that as long as we get back our wingbacks his day as a starter is numbered. I think in Kos and TV we may have the best two central defenders in the league and considering the work theyre doing as wingbacks as well .. in terms of versatility they are second to none!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: December 22, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »

He's grown on me still not my idea of a great centre back but he does a job and keeps it simple ... still of the opinion that as long as we get back our wingbacks his day as a starter is numbered. I think in Kos and TV we may have the best two central defenders in the league and considering the work theyre doing as wingbacks as well .. in terms of versatility they are second to none!
Absolutely right!!!
TnT Patriot

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: December 22, 2011, 06:59:26 PM »

I don't think Wenger has done a bad job. TV and Kos are top class and both signed in the last 2 transfer windows. Merts doh really convince me either but he brings calmness and composure. His resume is impeccable though. I cyah really blame the manager for that one. Same as Squllacci. Experienced France international with CL experience? Who woulda thought he would buss so bad? LAst year real men was fighting Koscielny down. Anybody thought that between the 2 centre backs Arsenal signed last season Kos would be blowing up and Squid would buss?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: December 22, 2011, 09:00:22 PM »
I am only speaking tongue and cheek about Wenger & his choice of CB's.
IMHO Mertesacker is too slow for the Premier & from the games I have seeh he has cost Arsenal some crucial goals. However, its his first year and he may very well adapt.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: December 23, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »
I am only speaking tongue and cheek about Wenger & his choice of CB's.
IMHO Mertesacker is too slow for the Premier & from the games I have seeh he has cost Arsenal some crucial goals. However, its his first year and he may very well adapt.

I think he'll be fine. And to me he has already shown a lot of improvement.  His outlet passing is a seriously underrated part of his game IMO and helps greatly with Arsenal's transition from defence to attack.  Very calm in possession.

Vermalen and Koscielny have been beasts this season.  Especially Kos.  He real surprise me this season.  Vermalen was always steady but Kos to me has been a revelation.  When Sagna returns and Santos get fully match fit....watch out.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: December 23, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
So Palos I take it you see Santos as the starting left back and not Gibbs?
P.s Sagna is running ... they say he is ahead of schedule and may return end of January.
DJourou may also be available for the wolves game.
I was always quietly impressed with Kos last year but that beast of a game he had vs Barca at the Emirates told me alot about his potential ....
To be honest I've felt that Arsenal's defence has done well this year might problem has been the link man from the midfield to the forward line  .... that to me has been the let down because we have'nt been creating opportunities consistently we've been maintaining possession but not opening up defences ala Tottenham, Man City and the two consistent elements on these two teams ... Modric and Da Silva .... we have Ramsey and he not ready ... hopeful Wilshire can fit into that role because I've a feeeling Wenger might not buy a Goetz or Podolski or Gourcuff this January.
The good thing though our progress has made us a desireable Club again so players are seeing us as viable option again.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:50:29 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: December 27, 2011, 10:57:51 AM »
Fantastic defending by Wolves and a goalkeeping display worthy of gaining the points away from home.
Good second half Arsenal, can't fault the performance.

Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: December 28, 2011, 10:03:46 AM »
So Palos I take it you see Santos as the starting left back and not Gibbs?
P.s Sagna is running ... they say he is ahead of schedule and may return end of January.
DJourou may also be available for the wolves game.
I was always quietly impressed with Kos last year but that beast of a game he had vs Barca at the Emirates told me alot about his potential ....
To be honest I've felt that Arsenal's defence has done well this year might problem has been the link man from the midfield to the forward line  .... that to me has been the let down because we have'nt been creating opportunities consistently we've been maintaining possession but not opening up defences ala Tottenham, Man City and the two consistent elements on these two teams ... Modric and Da Silva .... we have Ramsey and he not ready ... hopeful Wilshire can fit into that role because I've a feeeling Wenger might not buy a Goetz or Podolski or Gourcuff this January.
The good thing though our progress has made us a desireable Club again so players are seeing us as viable option again.
I think Santos is looking like he better than Gibbs both attacking and defending but not by much.
Love that Koscielny is finally getting the recognition he deserves. I liked him from the start and now he put on some muscle he will be a top defender. I can't wait to see him partnered with Vermaelen regularly and the two of them hunting down opposition strikers. As you say, a backline of Sagna-Koscielny-Vermaelen-Santos would probably be the best in the league and one of the best in Europe. Arsenal still missing Cesc quality in the final third and honestly, how many players (who are available) could replace him? Basing the team's game on a great back line, quick and dangerous wide forwards and a lethal finisher brings back memories of great Arsenal teams of 2001-2005. If Ramsey can realise his full potential and Jack recovers fully watch out!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: December 28, 2011, 10:09:24 AM »
Fantastic defending by Wolves and a goalkeeping display worthy of gaining the points away from home.
Good second half Arsenal, can't fault the performance.

Wolves defending (as opposed to their goalkeeping) wasn't that great. Arsenal had more than enough goalscoring chances to win the game. They cut through that back line over and over. RVP was badly off (had at least 2 golden opportunities that he would normally have buried). And Wayne Hennessy is statistically the best shot stopper in the league. Most saves according to OPTA, 28 more than second place. A hard luck and I won't blame RVP for being human after the performances he has had. Maybe he tired. When RVP's usually immaculate first touch lets him down twice when he's through on goal you know something is wrong. Like the Man City game  I'm disappointed with the result, not the performance. We need to start getting the results though. Can't afford too many of those with the start Arsenal had. I couldn't handle Sp*rs finishing above Arsenal in the league nah.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:13:08 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: December 28, 2011, 06:07:45 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2079585/Thierry-Henry-offered-deal-Arsenal.html

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal offer club legend Henry two-month loan dealBy Sami Mokbel

Last updated at 11:36 PM on 28th December 2011

Comments (1) Share
Arsenal have finally offered Thierry Henry a contract to return to the club on a two-month loan.
Arsene Wenger had been mulling over whether to take back the club’s all-time leading goalscorer to boost his side’s chances of finishing in the top four.

With Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh heading to the Africa Cup of Nations next month, the Arsenal manager has concluded that top scorer Robin van Persie needs help to lighten his scoring burden.

Welcome back: Alex Song and Robin van Persie greet Thierry Henry before Arsenal's draw with Wolves
Wenger decided to make the offer after the 34-year-old returned from holiday in Mexico this week. Henry has a $4.5million (£2.9m) deal with New York Red Bulls but has been training with Arsenal in the MLS off-season and does not have to return to America until March.
Wenger decided to make the offer after the 34-year-old returned from holiday in Mexico this week. Henry has a $4.5million (£2.9m) deal with New York Red Bulls but has been training with Arsenal in the MLS off-season and does not have to return to America until March.

Welcome back: Thierry Henry is set to join Arsenal on loan 
 He could feature in seven Premier League games if he accepts the offer — as well as FA Cup ties and the first leg of Arsenal’s Champions League last-16 clash against AC Milan. But it is the Premier League where Wenger’s side need most help, with key games against Manchester United and Tottenham coming up.

Henry has impressed with his sharpness, attitude and effect on the Arsenal squad. He has become increasingly in favour of a return to the club and was moved to tears when a statue of him was unveiled at the Emirates this month.

Keeping an eye: Henry observes the Wolves action from the stands on Tuesday
The former Arsenal captain scored a record 226 goals and won two league titles at the club between 1999 and 2007.
His return would excite fans smarting from the summer departures of Cesc Fabregas, Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri.
He will be welcome in the dressing too, with Alex Song and Per Mertesacker among those singing the former Barcelona man’s praises.

‘He is a great opportunity for us,’ said Mertesacker after Tuesday’s
frustrating 1-1 draw against Wolves.
 Option: Lukas Podolski is also a target for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger
‘But I’m not the manager. I am happy training with him. He is playing well. Training against him is a great experience. He shows his class. He has the same attitude he showed in a lot of Arsenal games.’

Mertesacker has also been in touch with fellow German Lukas Podolski,
urging him to join the club in January.

Sportsmail revealed Wenger’s interest in the striker this month, and Mertesacker said: ‘Of course I’ve been on the phone to him. He is a great player. He scores a lot of goals. His left foot is unbelievable.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2079585/Thierry-Henry-offered-deal-Arsenal.html#ixzz1hsTAcs00

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2079585/Thierry-Henry-offered-deal-Arsenal.html#ixzz1hsSzsTFJ
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:14:46 PM by TdotTrini »
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: December 31, 2011, 07:08:16 PM »
Reluctantly, we move up to 4th. Soaring like a robin  :)
Live large and prosper!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: December 31, 2011, 08:15:59 PM »
i wonder if henry ready for this level? i hope so
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: January 02, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »
Reluctantly, we move up to 4th. Soaring like a robin  :)

What are your thoughts on Walcott? 
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>