March 29, 2024, 04:53:59 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891966 times)

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #5070 on: February 19, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
...and we play spuds n/w....geeze
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

giggsy11

« Reply #5071 on: February 26, 2012, 08:20:31 AM »
Wake up Arsenal people! All yuh missing Van Persie magic!Plus Arshavin gone!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:23:32 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: February 26, 2012, 09:15:39 AM »
We deserve what we get today.  Well played.

giggsy11

« Reply #5073 on: February 26, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »
Well done Arsenal-keep Chelski in the rear view mirror!

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: February 26, 2012, 11:41:14 AM »
Nice win. Was really impressed with the midfield closing down the spaces..hell even Walcott put in a tackle or two!!  On to Liverpool n/w.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: February 26, 2012, 03:27:10 PM »
  great win today...def what we needed going in to the milan game.  rosicky was my MOM today...he reallll balll.  walcott stepped up today...de lil boo he get 1st half work wonders.

p.s.  alyuh we have a trini gunners group on fb...look for it...we done discuss walcott ad nauseam on there today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: February 26, 2012, 09:25:11 PM »
  great win today...def what we needed going in to the milan game.  rosicky was my MOM today...he reallll balll.  walcott stepped up today...de lil boo he get 1st half work wonders.

I only see the middle portion of the match when Arsenal equalized then grabbed the lead.  Rosicky was all over midfield for Arsenal... I remember thinking to myself what a fantastic player this man is when healthy.  Score was 3-2, I get up to make some breakfast and peep back and it was 5-2 juss so.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: February 27, 2012, 07:39:41 AM »
Good win.. Performance of the season.

Should make a good distraction for another trophyless season and probably even give Arsenal excuse not to invest in the team in the summer for about the 5th year running.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: February 27, 2012, 08:55:12 AM »
Like i said, the main goal of Arsenal football club is to turn a profit not to win trophies.

Gunners post big profits

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1028118/arsenal-post-six-month-pre-tax-profits-of-L49.5m?cc=3888

Arsenal's decision to sell Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri helped them report a huge pre-tax profit of £49.5 million for the six months to the end of November.

Arsenal, who lost £6.1 million over the same period in 2010, might have made only a small profit but for the controversial departures of Fabregas and Nasri last summer for a reported £54 million.

Arsenal enjoyed an overall profit on player trading of £46.1 million, having made a loss of £5.9 million the previous year.

They made £63 million overall in player sales, while there was an investment of £74.7 million in new arrivals and contract extensions, the cost of both being spread evenly over the length of an individual's deal.

Arsenal's cash reserves also swelled to £115.2 million, up from £110.4 million, with their turnover from football rising to £113.5 million from £97.6 million.

Chairman Peter Hill-Wood told the club's official website: "We are proud of Arsenal's record and consistency over many seasons and have the foundations in place, at every level of the club, to ensure we remain a force in the seasons ahead.''

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: "It's important to acknowledge that the most important thing for this football club, the most important thing for our fans, and the most important thing for the board and the people that work at the club is how we do on the pitch.

"We have a healthy cash balance of £115million for the half year. But it's important to understand that not all that money's available to invest in transfers. We have running costs of the club, player salaries and so on, so that amount goes down during the year.

"We also have to keep something in reserve in case things don't go our way. There is money available, we don't talk about an exact figure - and there's a very good reason why we don't put an exact figure on that - because it would impact on our negotiating position.

"We have to invest efficiently, we have to invest sensibly. We do spend all of the money we generate - we do invest it in the squad. That doesn't mean we get every decision right - we don't. But we do get the majority of them right and that's been one of the secrets of Arsenal's success over a long period of time.

"I'm convinced we have the funds to be able to compete at the top of the game. Football clubs are moving towards more sustainable models. UEFA is mandating that they do that and they're doing it any way. The results when some clubs live outside their means can be disastrous.

"We can't gear our entire financial model around that - that expectation - because that would place the club in jeopardy if we didn't qualify. So we've always got to keep something in reserve in case things don't go our way.''

Finishing outside the top four would make Arsenal a less attractive club to current and potential players.

Gazidis said: "There are very few clubs in the world that you would go to ahead of Arsenal in terms of consistently being there. I don't see that adversely impacting on our ability to attract players or retain the top players that we have.''

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: February 27, 2012, 02:06:19 PM »
 dinho so what wrong with turning a lil profit...we ent have no russian sugar daddy to back we up

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: February 27, 2012, 07:04:51 PM »
I now watching this game. The pace is unbelievable. Vermalen not covering himself in glory and 1st half all Walcott doing is running.

This is the first time I think we're seeing the preferred Arsenal lineup. Only Wilshire missing. Sagna look like he back in the flow of the game (vs milan he was woeful), and I saying for weeks now, Rosicky should play ahead of Ramsey. I know spurs tactics all wrong, but this is like a throwback to the invincibles era for Arsenal. Speed, knock, thrust, direct.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: February 27, 2012, 07:13:47 PM »
I saw the game and Arsenal to me played the same way the have played all season, attack and finesse fotball. This time they scored more than the other team. They did not miss goals like the last couple games.  Funny how some people praising Venger when it seemed like he is or was on his way out. There is a fine line between a hero and a goat. All I have to say is that the Arsenal board have real faith and patience for Wenger. Teflon Arsene!!!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: February 27, 2012, 07:36:06 PM »
Nah, I think this game is closer to the 1st Barca game last year, when they were just tuned in and working hard on offense and defense. They take it up a notch. To me the biggest difference between classic arsenal and new arsenal, is that classic arsenal used to speed up the game when they were down. Same knock, just faster. New arsenal just keep passing, and then does get ketch on some craziness in the back (like the Saha goal).

And Vermalen pull real stones in this game too eh.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: February 29, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »
Nah, I think this game is closer to the 1st Barca game last year, when they were just tuned in and working hard on offense and defense. They take it up a notch. To me the biggest difference between classic arsenal and new arsenal, is that classic arsenal used to speed up the game when they were down. Same knock, just faster. New arsenal just keep passing, and then does get ketch on some craziness in the back (like the Saha goal).

And Vermalen pull real stones in this game too eh.

Think Vermaelen did ok after the first half hour. He struggled at first but then Sp*rs were playing 2 strikers so the defence was exposed.
Victoria concordia crescit

giggsy11

« Reply #5084 on: March 03, 2012, 08:01:53 AM »
I love Van Persie and Cavani, I think they are the two best strikers today. The thing I like about Van Persie is he put in work to become a better all round player and appears to have matured as a person also. He can now beat you with his left, right and his head. He also has a football brain in addition to his pure physical skills. Top class!

PS:It seems like the International friendlies were the worst thing tuh happen to Arsenal after their nice showing against Spurs. Dem fellas playing like they forget dey brains and legs on the plain or on the pitch they were playing on.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:16:05 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5085 on: March 03, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »
The man is and always was quality.. just injuries etc stalled his stardom...  I would rather Arsenal get 4th than Chelsea but I want United to sign VP and I think if Arsenal were to come 5th he may leave and United would have a shot.. If he went to Barca/Real fine, he's out of England .. but I can already see the Rooney VP combo haha... watch this space should Arsenal come 5th

giggsy11

« Reply #5086 on: March 03, 2012, 08:53:35 AM »
Van Persi embarrasses another goalie first post!  ;D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: March 03, 2012, 10:18:16 AM »
Best player in the EPL.  Now watch Arsenal do their best to lose him.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: March 03, 2012, 11:53:43 AM »
that was a horrow show today...lordddd    sczesny earn his pay today though.    rvp is class, pure class.  club needs to do all in their power to keep him this summer.     still delirious from the game :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: March 03, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
We stole one today. Thank goodness for RvP, Sczesny and the last post!! 

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: March 03, 2012, 01:06:09 PM »
That 2nd Van Persie goal was unbelievable. That fella have laser sights on he foot.
I think we might actually be seeing Arsenal turn the corner, play crap and still win, that is the sign of a true contender.
Arsenal hadda break the bank to keep him, though, with Arsenal's luck, he would get injured in the Euros and be out for 6 months.

Diaby need a bush bath, prayers, ah rub down with bay rum or limacol, something!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: March 03, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »
That 2nd Van Persie goal was unbelievable. That fella have laser sights on he foot.
I think we might actually be seeing Arsenal turn the corner, play crap and still win, that is the sign of a true contender.
Arsenal hadda break the bank to keep him, though, with Arsenal's luck, he would get injured in the Euros and be out for 6 months.

Diaby need a bush bath, prayers, ah rub down with bay rum or limacol, something!

I dont believe its a money issue. Arsenal pays very well, I read where Fabragas is actually making slightly less at Barca (I cannot confirm this). Wenger will have to get them in CL and let him know he intends to buy some quality players who can make an immediate impact.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: March 05, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
Real smash and grab win this weekend boy! Liverpool play all over us but they need a better strike partner for Suarez. That club continues to demonstrate that spending big money is not always the answer.

We need another "big" striker who has the ability to play wide. Podolski is the talk and I would happily take that. Honestly I don't think RVP would leave over money. I mean, he deserves a big pay rise but he would probably stay at Arsenal for less money than City would offer him. It's very obvious how much he feels for the club. If we don't seem to be making positive steps towards getting silverware this summer, that's another story. One of the top 5 strikers in the world and all he has is an FA Cup to his name.

I want a strong showing against Milan. Probably not enough to overcome that shambolic display in San Siro but we need to at least show the world Milan ent no 4 goals better than The Arsenal. A thoroughly convincing victory required.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:49:40 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: March 05, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »
Milan is my team and we have a history of complacency
Blew a 4-1 lead in the second leg to Deportivo
We lost a final from 3-0 up to Liverpool
Lost 4-0 to United under Leonardo

However, in present form, I would say no chance to Arsenal pulling off anything but a moral victory
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: March 06, 2012, 02:05:45 PM »
arsenal up 1-0 on milan.

three more to go to force extra time.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: March 06, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »
arsenal up 1-0 on milan.

three more to go to force extra time.

any links
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:11:45 PM by rickstaa »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: March 06, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
arsenal have fight in them ? shocking !!! 2-0
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: March 06, 2012, 02:17:33 PM »
shocking indeed!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: March 06, 2012, 02:28:51 PM »
pENALTY!  :o
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #5099 on: March 06, 2012, 02:31:59 PM »
I aint go lie, I like this Arsenal side this year and I am pullin for dem tuh make some in roads in the CL and also make top four. They have shown great resiliency this year and I like and respect them for that. Hats off tuh Arsene Wenger! Now win this game; Milan is shite!

1]; } ?>