April 19, 2024, 11:33:23 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 896160 times)

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #5370 on: November 03, 2012, 06:52:46 AM »
Not an easy game tuh watch...
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: November 03, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »
Self-destruct button pressed.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: November 03, 2012, 07:31:10 AM »
Wow. That sums up the first half doesn't it.
Could this game get any worse?

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: November 03, 2012, 07:49:02 AM »
Could have slept for 45 minutes...hope we perfrom better in the 2nd half
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: November 03, 2012, 07:50:30 AM »
Somebody have to investigate this arsenal team for match fixing

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: November 03, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »
Glory Glory!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:20:45 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: November 05, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »
Disappointing in the extreme. Conceding 2 stupid goals and a stupid penalty. No link between midfield and attack for yet another game. Arsenal beat themselves. Amazing that this is basically the side that looked the better team drawing at City and now pop down. Gunners had no business losing this game. Wenger need to start kicking their ass when they do crap like this. Vermaelen first.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: November 05, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »
Actually that is not the same team that tie with city. They missing Gibbs, Diaby and Gervino.
The fellas on FSN make a comment that I could agree with, Arsenal squad could beat anybody. The team that sweating now? not so much.

The thing that must frustrate Wenger (though a lot if it is his own doing) is that he seemed to have cover for every position at the start of the season and was looking forward to the return of players like Wilshere, Sagna and Rosicky to strengthen the squad. Now he in the same position as last season, Podolski, Cazorla are a little stale, Ramsay is a good player that doesn't add anything to the team in his current position, and he has no one on the bench to be able to change things up.  And look now, Ramsay injured too.

This is an opportunity for Arshavin to make his way back into the picture. I can't see any good replacement for Santos, so he plays until Gibbs is back.

Arsenal's biggest problem might be the medical staff/training regimen. Every season there are multiple players out, often in the same position, or a position where they are thin.

I expect as they get players back and/or get knocked out of competitions, they will improve considerably.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: November 05, 2012, 02:02:22 PM »
Actually that is not the same team that tie with city. They missing Gibbs, Diaby and Gervino.
The fellas on FSN make a comment that I could agree with, Arsenal squad could beat anybody. The team that sweating now? not so much.

The thing that must frustrate Wenger (though a lot if it is his own doing) is that he seemed to have cover for every position at the start of the season and was looking forward to the return of players like Wilshere, Sagna and Rosicky to strengthen the squad. Now he in the same position as last season, Podolski, Cazorla are a little stale, Ramsay is a good player that doesn't add anything to the team in his current position, and he has no one on the bench to be able to change things up.  And look now, Ramsay injured too.

This is an opportunity for Arshavin to make his way back into the picture. I can't see any good replacement for Santos, so he plays until Gibbs is back.

Arsenal's biggest problem might be the medical staff/training regimen. Every season there are multiple players out, often in the same position, or a position where they are thin.

I expect as they get players back and/or get knocked out of competitions, they will improve considerably.

Agree with a lot of what you saying. I said it was basically the side that played City though, not the same team. Missing a lot in attacking midfield right now and players are losing form. Vermaelen and Koscielny especially.

I think it may be a good idea to have Cazorla and Ramsey switch positions. #10 seems to be the only spot that Ramsey has done well in and Cazorla is proven on the flanks for his last 2 clubs. Also as teams seem to have found Arsenal's soft left flank a more solid, hard working midfielder is needed on that wing and Podolski's work rate has dropped a lot since the international break. The loss of Diaby and Rosicky along with Wilshere's rustiness have meant missing a driving central ball carrier, which is a big loss in a team of passers.

I really dunno how we always end up missing EVERYBODY in one position nah. Last year it was fullbacks, year before strikers.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: November 05, 2012, 04:11:26 PM »
Just my two cents,, but Ramsey really does not deserve to be in the squad. Far too many poor decisions in possession & no penetration when he plays wide.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: November 07, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »
Just my two cents,, but Ramsey really does not deserve to be in the squad. Far too many poor decisions in possession & no penetration when he plays wide.
Remember Ramsey only playing because Rosicky and Ox injured. But I think he is better in the middle. I say switch him with Cazorla until the others return.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: November 10, 2012, 10:55:04 AM »
Monster game by Giroud, he might be the real deal.
Arteta had a horrible game.

Arsenal showing flashes of coming out of their funk, but they just don't have it

giggsy11

« Reply #5382 on: November 10, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
WOW :o Arsenal! How disappointing not to be able to take the points.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: November 10, 2012, 10:56:03 AM »
Phil Dowd is officially the worst referee in the Premier League... that was never a penalty against Reither, almost cost Fullham a well-deserved point.  Almost as bad as his penalty given against Skrtel for the inadvertent trip on Shane Long in Liverpool's loss to West Brom on opening day.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: November 10, 2012, 10:57:50 AM »

Arsenal showing flashes of coming out of their funk, but they just don't have it

If Giroud had a 'monster' game... what did Berba have?  I personally thought Giroud was more wasteful... and lucky more than anything else.

giggsy11

« Reply #5385 on: November 10, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »
Forget selling Van Persi, I think the player Arseanl miss more is Song. He gave them power, intensity and drive out of midfield. And he actually helped the defence. What ahppen to Frimpong? (sic)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: November 10, 2012, 11:07:05 AM »

If Giroud had a 'monster' game... what did Berba have?  I personally thought Giroud was more wasteful... and lucky more than anything else.

Berba was Berba. He didn't have that sublime Berba moment though.
I don't see how luck come into either of Giroud's two goals. They were well taken. Arsenal might have been lucky that he hit the post and it come back to Walcott, but Giroud still had to score them.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: November 10, 2012, 11:09:23 AM »
They don't look athletic enough at the back an in the Central midfield. No physicality what so ever. Recovery seems so slow, Challenges in the air, weak and they also look slow at putting pressure on the ball in midfield, so it leaves them vulnurable at the back to counters.
Ramsey and Arteta both dwell on the ball in general and teams know if you press them they will make poor decisions. Again potential counter situations.
Giroud, Podolski and Cazola need time to settle so you have to be fair to them, they do look like they fitting in.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: November 10, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »
Crix
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: November 11, 2012, 10:33:07 AM »
Written by an Arsenal fan on twitter :

Robin van Persie was right.The difference between Arsenal and
Manchester United has been crystal clear tonight and, for the first time, I don't blame Robin van Persie one bit for forcing his way
out of Arsenal. He moved to a better team and turned down a bigger money offer from ManCity.

Today Arsenal led 2-0 and threw it away, whilst Man Utd trailed 0-2 and

came back to win 3-2.

The worst part is that at 2-0, you knew Arsenal would throw it away. At 0-2, you knew Man Utd would come back.

All the best, Robin. No bitterness from me.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: November 12, 2012, 11:30:12 AM »
They don't look athletic enough at the back an in the Central midfield. No physicality what so ever. Recovery seems so slow, Challenges in the air, weak and they also look slow at putting pressure on the ball in midfield, so it leaves them vulnurable at the back to counters.
Ramsey and Arteta both dwell on the ball in general and teams know if you press them they will make poor decisions. Again potential counter situations.
Giroud, Podolski and Cazola need time to settle so you have to be fair to them, they do look like they fitting in.

I think the real defensive problem, as usual, is midfield. Arteta had probably his worst game for us, Coquelin needs to remember he is a defensive midfielder. Barring the first goal, where Berbatov commits a blindingly clear foul on Sagna (which makes the nonsense penalty Arsenal got in injury time only fair, shame about the outcome), the second was a free header the defensive midfielders SHOULD have picked up, and the third was Arteta getting robbed and bringing Ruiz down.

You right Bitter. Giroud was a beast. Funny to think that in Montpellier last season he scored only 1 header in his league leading 21 goals. Waiting to see some more footwork from him but I'll take the goals any way they score.

Attack looking better but now we seem to have forgotten how to defend. I don't think the team is well balanced with Walcott and Podolski on the flanks. Good in attack but they can't play keep-ball and control games like they used to with one technical winger.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: November 16, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »
There is, of course, no defending in a North London Derby. Both teams have injury problems and in poor form. Come on you Gunners!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: November 19, 2012, 08:51:35 AM »
Great result. Performance could have been better but some very encouraging signs. Adebayor, thank you for being you!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: November 23, 2012, 11:04:03 AM »
Good week. NLD win, Qualified for UCL Knockouts and big new shirt deal. Hope they spend the money on some nice acquisitions!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: December 12, 2012, 09:57:44 AM »

giggsy11

« Reply #5395 on: December 12, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:54:13 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: December 12, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »
This side is real toots and the supporters real sensitive. 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: December 12, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »
Hahaha not even Liverpool fans are such pussies. They run off to friendbook
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: December 13, 2012, 07:25:19 AM »
Looks like Wenger getting 50mil pounds to spend in January here is a shopping list or at least write Santa.

CB: Andreas Bjelland FC Twente
      Vertonghen's       Ajax

MF: Fellini         Everton
      Moutinho    Porto
      M'Vila         Rennes
      Nainggolan  Cagliari
      Capoue      Toulouse

Att:   Rodriguez  Porto
        Martinez    Porto
        Lloriente    Biilbao
        Ba             NC
        Lukaku      Chelski     
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: December 17, 2012, 03:22:08 PM »
Reading getting bull hard today.

Walcott playing forward. Ramsay and Gervinho on the bench.

1]; } ?>