March 28, 2024, 11:24:55 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891699 times)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #5520 on: July 08, 2013, 11:11:27 PM »
Congrats to the gunners ... hopefully we can push on to bigger and better things next season!

We papa! Where you come out from? Well it was not pretty but Arsenal got the job done. Sale time
Diaby, Ramsey, Mertesacker, Squillache, Arshavin, Gervinho

Arshavin gone already. His contract expires in June and earlier this year Arsene said they not going to renew it. I think Bentdner and Chamakh entering final year of theirs. Arsene should just pay them off to leave. Who going and roll the dice on Gervinho and Squillaci ? The way Arsenal wage structure set up them getting paid more than they would get otherwise, so why would they leave for less money? Is best to pay them off and give them a free transfer. Ramsey and Mertesacker not going anywhere for better or worse.

Mertesacker was the most CONSISTENTLY good defender we had this season. Best player on the side after Cazorla and Walcott.

Ramsey started the season poorly but by the end of the season he was a valuable performer. A very good passer, hardly ever gave up the ball, mobile and a strong ball winner. Also willing to work harder than most others on the team. A real credit to Wenger for sticking with this player who will only get better. Plus he was played out of position for a large number of games during his poor spell. I have no problems with Ramsey staying in the side.
Victoria concordia crescit

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: July 08, 2013, 11:12:32 PM »
So, um, Wenger, when we getting the new striker boss? The natives getting restless!  :waiting:

Lol alyuh just buy the top U20 striker from the French team. What else alyuh want!?  :beermug:
A proven top level striker. Higuain is a good start. We need more cutting edge in front of goal. Sanogo is one for the future.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: July 08, 2013, 11:25:57 PM »
For all the talk Walcott does get the boy does really produce. 14 goals (10th in the league, 2nd highest midfield scorer after Bale). 10 assists (tied for 4th behind Mata, Hazard & Cazorla). One of only 4 players to hit double figures in both goals and assists (along with Rooney, Mata and Cazorla). Scored against United, Chelsea, Sp*rs, Liverpool & Everton. Last season 8 goals and 8 assists (4th highest midfield scorer, tied for 11th in overall assists). And after signing his contract he scored in the next 4 games.  Why people does waste him down so? Anyway, let people flap their gums while he keeps taking care of business.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:38:23 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Vietnamese Arsenal Fan!
« Reply #5523 on: July 17, 2013, 11:27:44 PM »
Ah say it, how ah see it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: July 20, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5525 on: July 21, 2013, 05:16:41 PM »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: July 21, 2013, 09:51:47 PM »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: July 24, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »
Season eh start yet and ppl already start poking fun at Arsenal.

What do you think they're smoking over there at Emirates?
 John W. Henry (@John_W_Henry)

https://twitter.com/John_W_Henry/status/359926622922608641

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: July 24, 2013, 04:57:13 PM »
Ramsey started the season poorly but by the end of the season he was a valuable performer. A very good passer, hardly ever gave up the ball, mobile and a strong ball winner. Also willing to work harder than most others on the team. A real credit to Wenger for sticking with this player who will only get better. Plus he was played out of position for a large number of games during his poor spell. I have no problems with Ramsey staying in the side.

Dansteel, you cyah be a Arsenal fan if you sayin dat dey. 

Ramsey was a MAJOR pull stones whole season AND de season before.  De main reason why he play so much is because Wenger stubborn to a fault and loyal beyond reason.  Ramsey bruk he foot a couple years ago and Wenger like he feel he owe him or something.

De sooner Ramsey end up at Queens Park Rangers or when a dem teams so dat desperate to take a Arsenal reject....de better.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: July 25, 2013, 01:22:54 PM »

Says the man who spent 35 million pounds on Andy Carroll

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: July 25, 2013, 02:52:47 PM »
Dansteel, you cyah be a Arsenal fan if you sayin dat dey. 

Ramsey was a MAJOR pull stones whole season AND de season before.  De main reason why he play so much is because Wenger stubborn to a fault and loyal beyond reason.  Ramsey bruk he foot a couple years ago and Wenger like he feel he owe him or something.

De sooner Ramsey end up at Queens Park Rangers or when a dem teams so dat desperate to take a Arsenal reject....de better.

Disagree. Ramsey showed his quality in patches in 2011/12 (particularly in the 5-3 victory at Stamford Bridge). However he was very inconsistent and this came over into the 2012/13 season. Playing him on the flank really didn't help. He's a deep lying central midfielder. Decent technique, excellent mobility. Second half of the season he really improved. He was voted player of the month for April by the fans, a month with 3 wins and 2 draws in the team's 5 games (and the draws being Everton and Manchester United). He has been vastly improved in the second half of the season and many fans I have spoken to who wanted him gone have changed their tune. He is doing very well in the preseason games, although they are against weak opposition. I have no problems with Ramsey right now.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: July 25, 2013, 04:34:26 PM »

Which gives him the experience to speak... Gazidis has to be on drugs to think that Suarez only worth 40m pounds.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: July 25, 2013, 10:20:33 PM »

Which gives him the experience to speak... Gazidis has to be on drugs to think that Suarez only worth 40m pounds.

I guess he got even more "experience" signing Downing and Henderson. Personally I don't want Suarez. Purely as a footballer yes, he is worth more but considering the fact that he is a madman who is one step away from a ban at any time, will probably end up embarrassing the club, and is currently working on poisoning relations with his third club in a row after doing the same at Groningen and Ajax, I don't think he is worth as much as his talents alone would be.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:29:21 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: August 05, 2013, 09:26:05 AM »
Brendan Rodgers is kicks yes! Talking about Arsenal lacking class when they are the ones plastering Suarez negotiations all over the papers and tweeting "what is Arsenal smoking". :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:04:07 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: August 05, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »
Brendan Rodgers is kicks yes! Talking about Arsenal lacking class when they are the ones plastering Suarez negotiations all over the papers and tweeting "what is Arsenal smoking". :rotfl:

Maybe he was talking purely from a footballing perspective after he see Drogba skin allyuh out (yet) again this week  ;D :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5535 on: August 05, 2013, 12:19:47 PM »

Maybe he was talking purely from a footballing perspective after he see Drogba skin allyuh out (yet) again this week  ;D :devil:

What, you mean one good goal in a friendly against an exhausted Mertesacker and makeshift defence and one ridiculous (and typically Drogba) dive to win a penalty? If that is a "skin out" I am the Emperor of Japan!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:33:30 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: August 05, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »

What, you mean one good goal in a friendly against an exhausted Mertesacker and makeshift defence and one ridiculous (and typically Drogba) dive to win a penalty? If that is a "skin out" I am the Emperor of Japan!

lol! Easy, padnah, I jes pullin' yuh leg...but yuh cyah deny Drogba is allyuh faddah. (and the penalty was a legit one.....defenders cannot use their arms or hands to push an opponent in the box and expect to get away with it.)*****well, at least get away with it ALL de time.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 01:08:37 PM by Mango Chow! »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: August 05, 2013, 01:15:27 PM »

lol! Easy, padnah, I jes pullin' yuh leg...but yuh cyah deny Drogba is allyuh faddah. (and the penalty was a legit one.....defenders cannot use their arms or hands to push an opponent in the box and expect to get away with it.)*****well, at least get away with it ALL de time.  ;D
Hahahaha! Nutten legit bout dat penal boss. He back into Miquel and went down like a sniper get him. As it was a friendly, I was real laughing. Anyway, I sure if Koscielny was playing like he would a real game Drogs would be in he back pocket. Dat man hate strikers like sharks love blood.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: August 05, 2013, 01:29:28 PM »

Hahahaha! Nutten legit bout dat penal boss. He back into Miquel and went down like a sniper get him. As it was a friendly, I was real laughing. Anyway, I sure if Koscielny was playing like he would a real game Drogs would be in he back pocket. Dat man hate strikers like sharks love blood.

;D Spoken like a true prodigal son, showing no respeck fuh he faddah...I sure if Drogba was playin' like it was a real game Koscielny woulda been left witless like so many other arsenal defenders before him....but hear nuh. if de man tryin' and position he self for a cross and it look like he have to back up to reach de ball, ent he havta to back up? and ent de defender have to stand his ground and keep him from backin' up?....but he not supposed to push de man wit he arms or hands...yuh cyah say dat wasn't legit man, oh GAWSH! (allyuh wicked boy! lol!)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: August 05, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »
Tottenham lookin good to finish higher than allyuh this year

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: August 05, 2013, 01:42:03 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/grjzY3_3Pjk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/grjzY3_3Pjk</a>

It missing the 2 from this weekend...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: August 05, 2013, 02:02:22 PM »
Tottenham lookin good to finish higher than allyuh this year

Hahahaha! How many years men bawling dat? We waiting. :bringiton:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:04:37 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: August 05, 2013, 02:02:50 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/grjzY3_3Pjk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/grjzY3_3Pjk</a>

It missing the 2 from this weekend...

Only one. The penalty was a dive.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: August 05, 2013, 02:06:19 PM »

;D Spoken like a true prodigal son, showing no respeck fuh he faddah...I sure if Drogba was playin' like it was a real game Koscielny woulda been left witless like so many other arsenal defenders before him....but hear nuh. if de man tryin' and position he self for a cross and it look like he have to back up to reach de ball, ent he havta to back up? and ent de defender have to stand his ground and keep him from backin' up?....but he not supposed to push de man wit he arms or hands...yuh cyah say dat wasn't legit man, oh GAWSH! (allyuh wicked boy! lol!) 

Koscielny building up a real nice collection of big name strikers he bobolize. Drogba ent no different.

And what push? Drogs back into the man and then collect the Jason Bourne head shot. How long Drogba is a con man and you bawling legit foul?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:07:59 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: August 05, 2013, 07:11:26 PM »

Koscielny building up a real nice collection of big name strikers he bobolize. Drogba ent no different.

And what push? Drogs back into the man and then collect the Jason Bourne head shot. How long Drogba is a con man and you bawling legit foul?

So you're saying the defender did NOT push Drogba in the back whatsoever, is that it? I eh go deny that Drogs made the most of it but once  use yuh arms to obstruct or impede an opponent in your box and then yuh arkskin' fuh trouble.....con man or not, if you also deny that Drogba seem to have a special love for scoring against yuh side yuh haven't been paying attention....but like yuh say., is only pre-season.  :D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: August 05, 2013, 07:25:54 PM »
  So you're saying the defender did NOT push Drogba in the back whatsoever, is that it? I eh go deny that Drogs made the most of it but once  use yuh arms to obstruct or impede an opponent in your box and then yuh arkskin' fuh trouble.....con man or not, if you also deny that Drogba seem to have a special love for scoring against yuh side yuh haven't been paying attention....but like yuh say., is only pre-season.  :D

Drogs back into Miquel and frankoment flop on the ground like he get shot. Complete dive. Typical Drogba. Even the commentators laugh at how ridiculous it was. He used to score on us all the time, yes, but hasn't since 2010. Last time he played against us for allyuh man like Djourou had him tie up like a market crab. Anyway, yes, is only preseason. He skin out slow ass Mertesacker at the end of his 2nd 90 minutes in 2 days. 1 decent goal, 1 fraudster penalty. If yuh want to gloat over a fraud then like yuhself.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 07:29:53 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: August 05, 2013, 07:31:21 PM »

Drogs back into Miquel and frankoment flop on the ground like he get shot. Complete dive. Typical Drogba. He used to score on us all the time, yes, but hasn't since 2010. Last time he played against us for allyuh man like Djourou had him tie up like a market crab. Anyway, yes, is only preseason. He skin out slow ass Mertesacker at the end of his 2nd 90 minutes in 2 days. 1 decent goal, 1 fraudster penalty. If yuh want to gloat over a fraud then like yuhself.

Ah see like yuh takin' what start off as a lil' joke more serious than yuh need to...nobody gloating, horse, I was jes gettin' kicks from de start but you chose to argue the merits of the penalty and against the importance of the goals and game itself (which, we both seem to agree is not that big a deal...maybe unless allyuh woulda win the tournament).  Hopefully yuh go get a good night's sleep and get over it by the morning.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: August 05, 2013, 07:34:42 PM »

Drogs back into Miquel and frankoment flop on the ground like he get shot. Complete dive. Typical Drogba. He used to score on us all the time, yes, but hasn't since 2010. Last time he played against us for allyuh man like Djourou had him tie up like a market crab. Anyway, yes, is only preseason. He skin out slow ass Mertesacker at the end of his 2nd 90 minutes in 2 days. 1 decent goal, 1 fraudster penalty. If yuh want to gloat over a fraud then like yuhself.

Ah see like yuh takin' what start off as a lil' joke more serious than yuh need to...nobody gloating, horse, I was jes gettin' kicks from de start but you chose to argue the merits of the penalty and against the importance of the goals and game itself (which, we both seem to agree is not that big a deal...maybe unless allyuh woulda win the tournament).  Hopefully yuh go get a good night's sleep and get over it by the morning.

LOL! I over it hoss. Is YOU keep bringing it up. I say fraud penal and you latch onto that like a drowning man on a water wing. Honestly I didn't even bother watching the games live. I don't even remember the last time I watch Emirates Cup live.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: August 05, 2013, 07:48:11 PM »

LOL! I over it hoss. Is YOU keep bringing it up. I say fraud penal and you latch onto that like a drowning man on a water wing. Honestly I didn't even bother watching the games live. I don't even remember the last time I watch Emirates Cup live.

I didn't even remember the tournament existed until I get a notification on fb 'bout Drogs stickin' it to allyuh again....and I wasn't disagreeing that he made the most of it, just pointing out that the defender put he self in a bad spot.  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: August 05, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »

I didn't even remember the tournament existed until I get a notification on fb 'bout Drogs stickin' it to allyuh again....and I wasn't disagreeing that he made the most of it, just pointing out that the defender put he self in a bad spot.  :beermug:

Cool. Small ting. I only watch it to see how Sanogo look anyway. Drogs could do that all he want in Emirates Cup.

1]; } ?>