March 29, 2024, 04:36:56 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891962 times)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #5640 on: October 21, 2013, 11:09:45 PM »
The varied nature of the goals this weekend was excellent too! One tiki taka, one counterattack at pace, one dribble and shot and one cross into the area. This Arsenal side can kill you in several different ways. More of the same tomorrow please Gunners?!
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: October 22, 2013, 02:28:36 PM »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: October 22, 2013, 02:44:08 PM »
BRING ON DORTMUND! :challenge:

LOL! Well done Dortmund. Hit us with a sucker punch and took their chances better than we did. See you in Germany.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: October 22, 2013, 03:08:45 PM »
I thought Dortmund did a great job of closing down all over the pitch - as they always do.
You guys missed Flamini. Ozil was invisible for most of the game, Wilshere showed that he's not a winger - always a beat off, and Ramsay look bun.

After the goal, you picked up the pace, which helped, but for the most part, both teams neutralized each other, On the winning goal, somebody didn't track back and pick up Lewandowski. Sagna was in that position on the team sheet, but was playing right wing whole game, Ozil, probably.

This is the first game this season where I can say that Arsenal was missing Walcott and Podolski.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:11:10 PM by Bitter »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: October 22, 2013, 06:58:51 PM »
I thought Dortmund did a great job of closing down all over the pitch - as they always do.
You guys missed Flamini. Ozil was invisible for most of the game, Wilshere showed that he's not a winger - always a beat off, and Ramsay look bun.

After the goal, you picked up the pace, which helped, but for the most part, both teams neutralized each other, On the winning goal, somebody didn't track back and pick up Lewandowski. Sagna was in that position on the team sheet, but was playing right wing whole game, Ozil, probably.

This is the first game this season where I can say that Arsenal was missing Walcott and Podolski.
A good analysis. Ramsey had his first bad game in a while. He was supposed to be covering Sagna when he went forward. And he lost the ball for their first goal. Ozil did well when he went to the right, setting up Rosicky and Cazorla to have, respectively, a shot cleared off the line and a shot hit the crossbar. He links up well with Sagna in attack. Sagna sent in a perfect cross for Giroud's goal. But his attacking left the defence exposed. I thought it was a pretty even game and could have gone either way but they took their chances better than us. Hopefully Flamini will be fit for the away game.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: October 29, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »
Sign of intent: Bendtner is your starting forward.
Sign of capitulation: Park Chu-Young is on the field.

Best you had just gone with all youths.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: October 29, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »
Not even November and Arsenal season over...better luck next year :beermug:

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: October 29, 2013, 06:20:18 PM »
Yuh lookin for company? Keep looking! ;D
Live large and prosper!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: October 30, 2013, 01:10:58 PM »

He come all the way over here to gloat that his second 11 better than ours. We will just enjoy the view from the top of the table.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: October 30, 2013, 01:15:57 PM »

He come all the way over here to gloat that his second 11 better than ours. We will just enjoy the view from the top of the table.

Allyuh go be lucky to still be dey after this weekend's round of matches finish play!  Liverpool comin fuh allyuh suckaz!

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: November 02, 2013, 01:19:54 PM »

Allyuh go be lucky to still be dey after this weekend's round of matches finish play!  Liverpool comin fuh allyuh suckaz!

:heehee:
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: November 02, 2013, 01:21:29 PM »
Now we will hear about how Liverpool isn't really that good. The real test is Man U at Old Trafford.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: November 02, 2013, 01:59:34 PM »
Liverpool were definitely second best today... kudos to Arsenal.  We still have a lot of work to do.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: November 02, 2013, 03:11:04 PM »

They came for us. We sent them packing. 5 points clear now.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:23:54 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: November 02, 2013, 03:11:45 PM »
Now we will hear about how Liverpool isn't really that good. The real test is Man U at Old Trafford.

We won't be considered title contenders until we play teams from space!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5655 on: November 02, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »
Liverpool were definitely second best today... kudos to Arsenal.  We still have a lot of work to do.

I think Rodgers got his tactics wrong. And Arsenal did a good job of keeping SAS off the ball, mostly.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: November 02, 2013, 03:48:26 PM »

I think Rodgers got his tactics wrong. And Arsenal did a good job of keeping SAS off the ball, mostly.

He didn't so much get his 'tactics' wrong as much as he got the team selection wrong.  Cissokho continues to be an adventure at left back... where the cross from Sagna (of all people) came in from. Meanwhile he played Flanagan in place of an ill Johnson, the same Flanagan who hasn't played a game in 17 months.  He then waited until the 66' to bring on Coutinho.  Match fit or not, how could you NOT start Coutinho?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: November 02, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »

He didn't so much get his 'tactics' wrong as much as he got the team selection wrong.  Cissokho continues to be an adventure at left back... where the cross from Sagna (of all people) came in from. Meanwhile he played Flanagan in place of an ill Johnson, the same Flanagan who hasn't played a game in 17 months.  He then waited until the 66' to bring on Coutinho.  Match fit or not, how could you NOT start Coutinho?

I actually thought Flanagan played decently. Not starting Coutinho was a mistake though. But against a 3-5-2 I would always expect Sagna & Gibbs to get crosses into the box, although Gibbs CANNOT cross. Pool just didn't defend the cross properly for Cazorla's goal.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: November 06, 2013, 03:44:58 PM »
Smash and grab victory! I guess my "BRING ON DORTMUND" worked after all. Listen to the classical music Kloppo!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: November 06, 2013, 03:51:34 PM »
Smash and grab victory! I guess my "BRING ON DORTMUND" worked after all. Listen to the classical music Kloppo!

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: November 06, 2013, 03:55:30 PM »
The CH played well and everyone is talking on the field and not leaving it for chance. This boy Ramsey making me eat crow! He is having a breakout season and Giroud is making his presence felt (even when he is not scoring). However, we need another striker to take the load off, Bendtener has never cut it and never will!

Great win for the Gunners!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: November 06, 2013, 04:11:23 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: November 06, 2013, 04:12:48 PM »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: November 06, 2013, 04:27:38 PM »
Interesting game. I thought Dortmund might have over-thought it. A lot less pressing than the prior game. Maybe Klopp thought that Arsenal would be ready for that, and decided to sit deep instead and suck them up the field. Sometimes it seemed that Dortmund was the away side.

Still, the transition from defense to attack for Dortmund is breathtaking. One second 10 men behind the ball, next thing you know 5 men in front of your goal. Their finishing was woeful though, a LOT of misses. On a different day, Arsenal looks for the winner they need, Dortmund hits them on the break, wins comfortably.

The shot count was 15 for BVB (but only 3 on target!) vs 4 for Arsenal.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: November 06, 2013, 06:05:56 PM »
Dansteel..it is November

You guy's have the arrogance of Champions.. when you have won f**k all in 8 years

Riding on Ozil confidence and other clubs adjusting to their new managers and ideas.

Hopefully United send Arsenal and all it's over the top arrogance crashing down into harsh reality on Sunday.....bring it on Bitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: November 06, 2013, 08:09:55 PM »
Dansteel..it is November

You guy's have the arrogance of Champions.. when you have won f**k all in 8 years

Riding on Ozil confidence and other clubs adjusting to their new managers and ideas.

Hopefully United send Arsenal and all it's over the top arrogance crashing down into harsh reality on Sunday.....bring it on Bitch

I love it! A Man United fan talking about arrogance! And from 8 points back too!  :rotfl:

All I did was laugh at your ridiculous "Bye bye Arsenal" when the draw was made. You sound a little flustered. You should try and smoke some weed and calm down instead of calling people who you don't know "bitch". That was real classy. Typical United fan behaviour.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:18:03 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: November 09, 2013, 06:46:14 PM »
Great game coming. Let's see if Mertesacker and Koscielny can stop Rooney and RVP the way they stopped Suarez and Sturridge.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: November 09, 2013, 10:23:53 PM »
Great game coming. Let's see if Mertesacker and Koscielny can stop Rooney and RVP the way they stopped Suarez and Sturridge.

Oh we giving dem de credit... and not the Arsenal midfield?  Allyuh better pray Fellaini eh ketch ah vaps and turn back de clock to he Everton days.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: November 10, 2013, 12:00:10 PM »
Another game where Arsenal miss Walcott, too narrow and Ozil is too slow to threaten on the wing. Gnabry is a better option, but is on too late perhaps. They are missing the direct play of Rosicky.

All 3 games on tv today have the same feel, early goal by the "underdog", followed by deep, committed defending until the end.  Man U is winning this game by playing like Sunderland - which isn't a bad thing.

Anyway, allyuh fail the test. 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: November 10, 2013, 12:06:33 PM »
Glory Glory don't right us off  :whip:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel