March 28, 2024, 03:59:41 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891763 times)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #5730 on: December 17, 2013, 02:40:48 PM »
Arsenal vs Bayern Munich again

We are a better side than the one that went out on away goals. Bayern is a better side than the one than went through. We will just have to see who is more betterer again.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: December 17, 2013, 09:07:11 PM »
Doh worry Arsenal go handle dey stories . . . dey better
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: December 21, 2013, 11:34:17 AM »
No longer at the top. First time in a few weeks. Over to you Gunners.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: December 23, 2013, 04:32:21 PM »
Two points dropped.... no penalty, no red card... we march on!!
Live large and prosper!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: December 23, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »

Should have been a red on Mikel no doubt.  Not so clear on Theo's shout for a penalty.  He tried hard to sell what was essentially a dive.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: December 23, 2013, 10:00:07 PM »

Should have been a red on Mikel no doubt.  Not so clear on Theo's shout for a penalty.  He tried hard to sell what was essentially a dive.

That was a clear penalty. What on earth does "essentially" a dive mean?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: December 23, 2013, 10:02:09 PM »

I am starting to run out of reasons to defend Giroud. On the other hand, despite 3 ridiculous decisions (both Mikel AND Ramires should have been sent off) by one of the most serially incompetent referees in the league, we remain tied on points with first and they have to play at City and Chelsea next.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: December 23, 2013, 10:48:50 PM »

It means exactly what was posted, at its essence that was a dive.  Walcott felt contact on his feet and voluntarily removed them, both of them, from under himself.  The only thing saving it from an out and out dive is the fact that there was contact.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: December 23, 2013, 11:03:35 PM »
Red card on Mikel for what? Fellas you all must try sometimes and not be so biased. Both players went in the same way. You all defend who you want to defend and throw under the bus who alyuh want to throw under the bus. Commentators does really influence what alyuh see.

Same thing at half time they talking about Chelsea eh doing nothing, but it too Arsenal 82 minutes to get a shot on target, when Chelsea had 7 at the half.

Both went in studs up but Mikel was a bit slower than dude.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wN-0UiCB-Gk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wN-0UiCB-Gk</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: December 23, 2013, 11:54:37 PM »

It means exactly what was posted, at its essence that was a dive.  Walcott felt contact on his feet and voluntarily removed them, both of them, from under himself.  The only thing saving it from an out and out dive is the fact that there was contact.

It's "essence" was a dive? Either he dived or he was fouled. That "essence" talk sounds like too much wiggle room to be a credible argument to me. The contact he felt was enough to bring him down. The ball was never played. That's all. Foul.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: December 23, 2013, 11:58:07 PM »
Red card on Mikel for what? Fellas you all must try sometimes and not be so biased. Both players went in the same way. You all defend who you want to defend and throw under the bus who alyuh want to throw under the bus. Commentators does really influence what alyuh see.

Same thing at half time they talking about Chelsea eh doing nothing, but it too Arsenal 82 minutes to get a shot on target, when Chelsea had 7 at the half.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wN-0UiCB-Gk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wN-0UiCB-Gk</a>

Where Mikel studs hit? That is a reckless and dangerous tackle and therefore deserving of a red. Mikel should have been faster if he didn't want to foul Arteta. Or if he wasn't going to make it, pull his leg out of the challenge. His studs hit way up Arteta's leg. That is on the video YOU posted. That is not reckless and dangerous?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: December 24, 2013, 12:56:40 AM »
It's "essence" was a dive? Either he dived or he was fouled. That "essence" talk sounds like too much wiggle room to be a credible argument to me. The contact he felt was enough to bring him down. The ball was never played. That's all. Foul.

You must like arguing so you can see your keystrokes fly across the screen.  "At it's essence it was a dive" means that he embellished the contact and went to ground unnecessarily.  Not all contact is a foul, even if there is contact without playing the ball.  It would have been a very soft penalty and the referee ruled accordingly.  Moving on.

The gist of your argument is that it was an accident, that there was no malice involved.  Both went in studs up, only one made contact... sufficient to actually break Arteta's shin pad.  "Serious foul play"... therefore a "sending off offense."

A man break another man shin pad with a tackle, deliberate or accidental... and you here arguing bias.  I doh know if to steups or laugh.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: December 24, 2013, 08:34:46 AM »

You must like arguing so you can see your keystrokes fly across the screen.  "At it's essence it was a dive" means that he embellished the contact and went to ground unnecessarily.  Not all contact is a foul, even if there is contact without playing the ball.  It would have been a very soft penalty and the referee ruled accordingly.  Moving on.

I like arguing when I know I'm right. But if you wish to distract from it with ad hominem statements like "my keystrokes flying across the screen" then so be it. I will stick to the point of my argument. I saw Willian kick his standing leg. That's a foul. And a foul in the area is a penalty. All this talk of "essence" is just convenient muddying of the waters.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #5743 on: December 24, 2013, 08:37:54 AM »
Walcott could've stood up and kept moving. That contact didn't bring him down. He brought himself down. That is a dive. I say this as an Arsenal supporter. Man need to stop crying bout that penalty that wasn't.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: December 24, 2013, 08:44:47 AM »
A direct free kick is awarded when a player commits any of the following in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

Kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
    Trips or attempts to trip an opponent

Jumps at an opponent
    Charges an opponent
    Strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
    Pushes an opponent
    Tackles an opponent

Or commits any the following offences:

Holds an opponent
    Spits at an opponent
    Handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area).

In determining whether or not a player deliberately handled the ball, the referee has several considerations:

Movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
    Distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
    Position of the hand ('natural' position versus 'unnatural' position) does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement
    Touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement (considered an extension of the hand)
    Hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement (also considered an extension of the hand)

If a player commits a direct free kick offence within his own penalty area, a penalty kick is awarded irrespective of the position of the ball, provided the ball is in play.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:46:19 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5745 on: December 24, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »

The gist of your argument is that it was an accident, that there was no malice involved.  Both went in studs up, only one made contact... sufficient to actually break Arteta's shin pad.  "Serious foul play"... therefore a "sending off offense."

A man break another man shin pad with a tackle, deliberate or accidental... and you here arguing bias.  I doh know if to steups or laugh.

Any studs up tackle whether contact or not is a cardable offense. The ref made a very good no call. You could do whatever you want, but is only certain players does deserve cards.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: December 24, 2013, 12:18:45 PM »
Dansteel Walcott was not tripped nor was there an attempt to trip him so that is bullshyte yuh tawkin hoss.  The referee didn't consider it careless, reckless or using excessive force therefor no call.  What so hard to understand?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: December 24, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »
Dansteel Walcott was not tripped nor was there an attempt to trip him so that is bullshyte yuh tawkin hoss.  The referee didn't consider it careless, reckless or using excessive force therefor no call.  What so hard to understand?

The ref was wrong. And I highlighted all the possible applications of Law 12. His attempt to tackle was careless, even if it wasn't an attempt to trip. Ergo it was a foul. Not the first time a referee was wrong. I'm sure if that were Hazard and Mertesacker you would be bawling for a penalty. I remember Drogba's flop in preseason and allyuh was bawling how it was legit, and that was softer than the foul on Walcott.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: December 26, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »
Good win today! As Ramsey and Giroud go off the boil, Walcott and Podolski step up. Theo with 4 goals in 3 games. Season setting up nice. On to the next one!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: December 26, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »
Arsenal look shaky to me.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: December 26, 2013, 11:13:05 PM »
Arsenal look shaky to me.

They could look shaky as long as they win.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: December 30, 2013, 08:59:57 AM »
Another good 3 points! Giroud scoring drought is over, hopefully. Good to see how the defence sat deep and handled everything Newcastle threw at them in the last 15 minutes. I was nervous and didn't think they could do it but they handled it comfortably. Well done!

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: January 01, 2014, 11:10:07 AM »
Nice win for the Gooners! This had draw written all over it and it was Bendtner...WTH?!?! and he pulled a calf muscle. Nice finish by Walcott for the 2nd. one as well.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: January 04, 2014, 01:08:46 PM »
Sweet taboo  ;D...
Live large and prosper!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: January 04, 2014, 02:28:48 PM »
Gnabry was quite impressive today
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: January 06, 2014, 12:46:14 PM »
Walcott ruptured his ACL. Out for 6 months. His season done and no World Cup for him either.  :banginghead:

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: January 06, 2014, 12:59:24 PM »
salt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: January 19, 2014, 11:58:45 AM »
Steups! Thanks for nothing United!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: January 19, 2014, 12:19:27 PM »
Steups! Thanks for nothing United!
w'happen yuh nervous or wah ;D
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: January 19, 2014, 12:34:08 PM »
Annoyed. A close race and I wouldn't mind a little breathing space. I still think Arsenal are a bit better than Chelsea this season.

But it had to be Chelsea to face United with no Rooney or RVP eh? I feel Chelsea sign Ferguson's buck!

1]; } ?>