March 28, 2024, 01:55:24 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891737 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #5760 on: January 19, 2014, 12:48:19 PM »
Annoyed. A close race and I wouldn't mind a little breathing space. I still think Arsenal are a bit better than Chelsea this season.

But it had to be Chelsea to face United with no Rooney or RVP eh? I feel Chelsea sign Ferguson's buck!

what about dat steamroller action Man City trowin dong,I more worried bout dem dan alyuh to be honest
I pity the fool....

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: January 19, 2014, 12:55:23 PM »
Annoyed. A close race and I wouldn't mind a little breathing space. I still think Arsenal are a bit better than Chelsea this season.

But it had to be Chelsea to face United with no Rooney or RVP eh? I feel Chelsea sign Ferguson's buck!

what about dat steamroller action Man City trowin dong,I more worried bout dem dan alyuh to be honest

So am I. But they still have to go to all the big sides to play, except allyuh.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: January 19, 2014, 01:03:45 PM »
dis go be ah close...close race and Man City goal tally and GD scary
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: January 19, 2014, 01:07:52 PM »
Yep. Once they keep Kompany fit I think they are clear favourites.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: January 26, 2014, 04:31:38 PM »
Gedion Zelalem looks at home at Arsenal

On Oct. 1, 1996, Arsene Wenger took the reins as Arsenal manager. Four months into his tenure, an event occurred that could see a different date enshrined in the collective memory of Gunners fans: On Jan. 26, 1997, Gedion Zelalem was born.

On Sunday, Zelalem turns 17. That landmark enables him to sign his first professional contract with Arsenal. All in all, it’s not been a bad week for the Berlin-born midfielder.

Gedion Zelalem Arsenal action

Gedion Zelalem has already seen a battle for his international services emerge between the United States and Germany.
When he made his professional debut against Coventry City on Friday night, Zelalem became the first player born after Wenger took charge to feature on one of his teams. The teenager also became the youngest footballer to represent Arsenal in the FA Cup. Although the records might have the statisticians buzzing, they’re not what drives Zelalem. The most important thing for him is that he had the opportunity to take to the turf at the Emirates Stadium.

But for injury, his debut would have come much sooner. Missing the opportunity to play in the Capital One Cup tie at West Brom will have irked the youngster. Zelalem is hugely precocious, and prodigious talent is rarely patient. Stepping out in front of 60,000 fans at the Emirates, Zelalem would have felt more relief than fear. Finally, he is where he belongs.

It has been quite the journey. Zelalem spent the early part of his life in Germany, playing with Hertha Berlin’s BSC academy. In 2006 -- the year Arsenal crossed Drayton Park to the Emirates Stadium -- Zelalem undertook a voyage of his own, traversing the Atlantic to move to the United States.

Having settled in the States, Zelalem eventually found his way onto the respected Olney Rangers setup. His talent flourished, and it was there that Arsenal scout Danny Karbassiyoon laid eyes on the youngster. As a player, Karbassiyoon made the step up from youth soccer in the States to competitive football with Arsenal. In Zelalem, he saw the same raw ingredients for success. Within a matter of months, Arsenal and Zelalem made arrangements for a trial period. It’s unsurprising that Wenger was instantly similarly enamoured: Zelalem is perfect for the sort of football Wenger encourages his teams to play.

If Wenger were granted the means to build his ideal midfielder from scratch, he would look something like Zelalem. His tall frame suggests he will develop the physical stature to survive in the combative environment of the Premier League. He also has the basic stamina required of a central midfielder.

However, it’s the technical aspect of his game that demands the most attention. The precision of his passes is perfectly suited to Arsenal’s intricate, attractive style. Comparisons between footballers can occasionally be lazy or unhelpful, but Zelalem’s similarity to Cesc Fabregas is notable. Like the Spaniard, Zelalem’s eyes never drop to the ball. He is constantly scanning the horizon, his slender neck operating as a periscope as he seeks to identify opportunities to dissect the opposition defence.

Watching him during Arsenal’s preseason tour of Asia, it became clear that Zelalem possesses preternatural spatial awareness. Not only can he easily interpret the runs of his teammates, but he also has the uncanny gift of being able to turn away from opposition defenders before they even arrive.

Unsurprisingly, debate over Zelalem’s international future has already begun. Although he has already represented Germany at the youth level, Jurgen Klinsmann is eager to get him to declare for the U.S. A potential problem is that if Zelalem did choose to represent America, his EU status would be revoked, potentially threatening his position at Arsenal. However, there should be no great cause for concern; if ever there was a youngster befitting an “exceptional talent” visa, Zelalem is it. He is not going anywhere in a hurry.

Zelalem is only 17, but his odyssey has already taken him to America and back. He is as well travelled as he is talented. Now, though, as the archetypal Arsenal footballer, he couldn’t be in a better place for his development. Zelalem can finally settle: He is home now.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: January 28, 2014, 03:41:20 PM »
...and thus ends Arsenal's run at the top.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: January 28, 2014, 03:44:11 PM »

Not yet...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: January 28, 2014, 09:59:27 PM »

Doh come and goat mout City now.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: January 29, 2014, 02:53:25 PM »
Like I was saying...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: January 29, 2014, 09:13:03 PM »

For now. Plenty football to play before May.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: January 29, 2014, 10:43:25 PM »
doh mata what allyuh say de race is not for the swiftest but for those with the longest endurance ..right now we kroosin along

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: January 30, 2014, 07:50:26 PM »
We leaving it late in the transfer window and all the players we are linked to are falling by the wayside, not looking good.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: February 02, 2014, 09:00:59 PM »
The Ox is back! :applause:

Over to you Chelsea.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:03:34 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: February 03, 2014, 04:17:51 PM »

...and thus resumes Arsenal's run at the top! Thanks Chel$ki!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: February 03, 2014, 04:20:44 PM »

keep it warm for we..........alyuh have to move jus now
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5775 on: February 03, 2014, 04:21:29 PM »

:rotfl:

Whatever you say boss!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: February 06, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »
Arsenal should give Bacary Sagna a new three-year deal

It is an age which seems to set alarm bells ringing at Arsenal and particularly with Arsene Wenger. As soon as you get over 30, it becomes an issue.

The big question is whether Sagna, one of the best right backs in the Premier League, should be given a new long term contract. Arsenal have offered Sagna a new two year contract. Sagna wants three years as it is probably going to be the last big deal of his career.

In my opinion, Sagna is worth that three year contract. But, down the years, Wenger has shied away from giving 30-somethings long-term deals. Even the great Dennis Bergkamp had to go year by year in the latter stages of his career.

It was also the case for William Gallas and defensive veterans before him. In recent seasons, Wenger has softened his stance a little. He seems willing to bend and give defenders two years rather than just one.

But now comes another test. Sagna wants three years, knows he can get that elsewhere and is seriously tempted to leave the club. Galatasaray, clubs in the Middle East, Paris Saint Germain and Monaco are all interested in him and would be willing to give him a good contract.

Sagna has been fiercely loyal and consistent for Arsenal. When big clubs have come calling for other players, they left. The likes of Robin van Persie, Kolo Toure and Samir Nasri. Sagna had advances from Manchester City, but stayed put.

Sagna was overlooked for the captaincy, has been on similar wages throughout his Arsenal career and wants one last big deal. He has been excellent this season -- getting forward, defending well, showing a great level of consistency and also proving that the past couple of years and a few injuries are behind him.

The French defender has shown loyalty to Arsenal and now, in my view, it is time they repaid that loyalty.

Also, if the decision comes down to just finances, then how much it would cost to purchase a quality replacement, give him big wages and hope he can anywhere near as good as Sagna.

But if you do the math then Sagna -- even on a three year deal -- would be much better value than a big money replacement. Indeed, you won’t find a more loyal, committed player -- that, in itself, deserves to be rewarded.

So while Wenger and the money men work out the latest offer as they negotiate again, I hope they see good sense. Three more years.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: February 06, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »
So nobody address the Kim Kallstrom transfer?  Worst transfer of the window!!!
Wenger has to be a little bit crazy.
Wenger bawl Kallstrom is cover for Ramsey and Wilshere and whoever is injured now.
Only for the public to find out that Kallstrom is unavailable for around 6 weeks due to an injury that Arsenal knew about!
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: February 06, 2014, 02:53:33 PM »
Wenger bawl Kallstrom is cover for Ramsey and Wilshere and whoever is injured now.
Only for the public to find out that Kallstrom is unavailable for around 6 weeks due to an injury that Arsenal knew about!
Absolute genius... too bad it is beyond you!  ;D  ;D
Live large and prosper!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: February 06, 2014, 04:02:56 PM »

Didn't Wenger explain this in an interview already? Twice? *shrug*

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: February 06, 2014, 04:07:57 PM »
Arsenal should give Bacary Sagna a new three-year deal

It is an age which seems to set alarm bells ringing at Arsenal and particularly with Arsene Wenger. As soon as you get over 30, it becomes an issue.

The big question is whether Sagna, one of the best right backs in the Premier League, should be given a new long term contract. Arsenal have offered Sagna a new two year contract. Sagna wants three years as it is probably going to be the last big deal of his career.

In my opinion, Sagna is worth that three year contract. But, down the years, Wenger has shied away from giving 30-somethings long-term deals. Even the great Dennis Bergkamp had to go year by year in the latter stages of his career.

It was also the case for William Gallas and defensive veterans before him. In recent seasons, Wenger has softened his stance a little. He seems willing to bend and give defenders two years rather than just one.

But now comes another test. Sagna wants three years, knows he can get that elsewhere and is seriously tempted to leave the club. Galatasaray, clubs in the Middle East, Paris Saint Germain and Monaco are all interested in him and would be willing to give him a good contract.

Sagna has been fiercely loyal and consistent for Arsenal. When big clubs have come calling for other players, they left. The likes of Robin van Persie, Kolo Toure and Samir Nasri. Sagna had advances from Manchester City, but stayed put.

Sagna was overlooked for the captaincy, has been on similar wages throughout his Arsenal career and wants one last big deal. He has been excellent this season -- getting forward, defending well, showing a great level of consistency and also proving that the past couple of years and a few injuries are behind him.

The French defender has shown loyalty to Arsenal and now, in my view, it is time they repaid that loyalty.

Also, if the decision comes down to just finances, then how much it would cost to purchase a quality replacement, give him big wages and hope he can anywhere near as good as Sagna.

But if you do the math then Sagna -- even on a three year deal -- would be much better value than a big money replacement. Indeed, you won’t find a more loyal, committed player -- that, in itself, deserves to be rewarded.

So while Wenger and the money men work out the latest offer as they negotiate again, I hope they see good sense. Three more years.

Why don't they also say Wenger has shown loyalty to Sagna and he should sign the new offer? Loyalty is a 2 way street.

I like Sagna but if he starts to deteriorate physically then he could end up being a real liability. Last few seasons he was the only world class defender at Arsenal but he isn't irreplaceable. A 2 season deal is fair. Probably pay him more but 3 seasons for a 31 year old fullback is a big risk. Look how fast Maicon disappear into the wilderness.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: February 08, 2014, 07:09:04 AM »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: February 08, 2014, 08:35:19 AM »
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:58:51 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: February 08, 2014, 09:03:17 AM »

:rotfl:

Whatever you say boss!

I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: February 08, 2014, 10:55:03 AM »
Yuh cyah be ah big team and getting blow out 2 and 3 times a season.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: February 08, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »
That is by far the worst Arsenal performance I have seen since the 4-0 at Milan. The amazing thing is, Szczesny was Arsenal's best player today. Defence hang him out to dry today and he saved the shots he could. Oh well. Pick yourselves up. Still plenty points to play for. I think we will have to beat Chelsea and City now though.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: February 08, 2014, 12:00:45 PM »
That is by far the worst Arsenal performance I have seen since the 4-0 at Milan. The amazing thing is, Szczesny was Arsenal's best player today. Defence hang him out to dry today and he saved the shots he could. Oh well. Pick yourselves up. Still plenty points to play for. I think we will have to beat Chelsea and City now though.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: February 08, 2014, 12:18:11 PM »

Keep laughing. We get licks today but doh feel it cyah happen.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: February 08, 2014, 01:18:31 PM »

It could happen but probably not this season. Improbable?! With specific respect to City especially.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: February 08, 2014, 02:32:06 PM »

It could happen but probably not this season. Improbable?! With specific respect to City especially.

We have to be smarter about it. Play on the break in big games. Not push hard, especially at the start of the match. We only a point out of first. City will be coming to Emirates too. They are a totally different side from the juggernaut at home. Chelsea will be favourites at Stamford Bridge in March but all of the top 3 have serious flaws so there's still all to play for. All of Arsenal's remaining matches are quite winnable. Just have to handle their business.

1]; } ?>