March 28, 2024, 03:16:52 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891609 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #5820 on: February 16, 2014, 06:33:57 PM »
Doh forget the second yellow Stevie G shoulda get for cleaning up Ox.

You can't be serious mentioning that.  I would gladly trade a penalty for a red card on Gerrard with 15 minutes to play.  I like our chances defending for the last 15 minutes... and if Arsenal had scored then so be it, but in no way does not showing him a card (just as he didn't card Podolski for chopping down Flanagan in the first half) justify swallowing his whistle on a clear stonewall penalty.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: February 16, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »
Doh forget the second yellow Stevie G shoulda get for cleaning up Ox.

You can't be serious mentioning that.  I would gladly trade a penalty for a red card on Gerrard with 15 minutes to play.  I like our chances defending for the last 15 minutes... and if Arsenal had scored then so be it, but in no way does not showing him a card (just as he didn't card Podolski for chopping down Flanagan in the first half) justify swallowing his whistle on a clear stonewall penalty.

Wasn't justifying the missed penalty call, he had a real brain fart there. I was pointing out another instance of the inconsistent performance from one of England's "best" referees.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: February 16, 2014, 08:06:45 PM »
Wasn't justifying the missed penalty call, he had a real brain fart there. I was pointing out another instance of the inconsistent performance from one of England's "best" referees.

I got you  :beermug:

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: February 16, 2014, 10:45:11 PM »
Battling performance from the Gunners. Pool missed some good chances and really had a solid penalty denied for Ox's foul on Suarez. Of course Gerrard had enough fouls to be sent off twice so it evens out. Nice to see the Arsenal grinding out wins like this for a change.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: February 17, 2014, 01:53:41 PM »
Battling performance from the Gunners. Pool missed some good chances and really had a solid penalty denied for Ox's foul on Suarez. Of course Gerrard had enough fouls to be sent off twice so it evens out. Nice to see the Arsenal grinding out wins like this for a change.

Could always count on you to come with some excuse/b.s. justification in Arsenal's favor.  You seriously arguing that a red card denied "evens out" a penalty denied?  That doesn't even make sense.  Podolski had a cynical two-footed tackle on Flanagan from behind, with no attempt whatsoever to play the ball.  He was mad that in his mind he was just fouled 5 feet away and petulantly took it out on Flanagan.  Two-footed tackle from behind is a straight red... he get a yellow.  That doh even it out?  What about the mad man tackles that Flamini was pelting... yet he only get a yellow for taking out Gerrard on a contested head ball... that doh even out?  And what about Monreal raking down the back of Allen's achilles... and standing on the back of the man ankle.  He only get a yellow for that... none of that "evens out"?  I refuse to take you seriously.  Enjoy de win Webb give allyuh, but spare we de bullshit please.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: February 17, 2014, 03:51:12 PM »

Could always count on you to come with some excuse/b.s. justification in Arsenal's favor.  You seriously arguing that a red card denied "evens out" a penalty denied?  That doesn't even make sense.  Podolski had a cynical two-footed tackle on Flanagan from behind, with no attempt whatsoever to play the ball.  He was mad that in his mind he was just fouled 5 feet away and petulantly took it out on Flanagan.  Two-footed tackle from behind is a straight red... he get a yellow.  That doh even it out?  What about the mad man tackles that Flamini was pelting... yet he only get a yellow for taking out Gerrard on a contested head ball... that doh even out?  And what about Monreal raking down the back of Allen's achilles... and standing on the back of the man ankle.  He only get a yellow for that... none of that "evens out"?  I refuse to take you seriously.  Enjoy de win Webb give allyuh, but spare we de bullshit please.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
If you refuse to take me seriously, why bother answering? Take your hypocritical infantile petulance out on somebody who gives a flying f*ck. You are so constantly full of nonsense and ad hominem attacks I stopped considering you worthy of reasoned debate ages ago.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:18:49 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: February 17, 2014, 03:57:50 PM »
Any thoughts on Sanogo's performance?

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: February 17, 2014, 05:14:29 PM »

If you refuse to take me seriously, why bother answering? Take your hypocritical infantile petulance out on somebody who gives a flying f*ck. You are so constantly full of nonsense and ad hominem attacks I stopped considering you worthy of reasoned debate ages ago.
Bakes, yuh like a cry baby... I remember being called that when worse treatment were meted out to our players.... We due some luck, and it could be karma ;D  ;D
Live large and prosper!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: February 17, 2014, 07:12:11 PM »

Bakes, yuh like a cry baby... I remember being called that when worse treatment were meted out to our players.... We due some luck, and it could be karma ;D  ;D
Don't encourage him. We all know how he does get on.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: February 17, 2014, 07:38:39 PM »

I thought he put in a good shift. Did well. Was insistent. Was involved in a pivotal moment. Let's see how he progresses? Too early to anoint him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: February 17, 2014, 08:36:15 PM »

I never call you no 'cry baby' so I'm not sure what you referring to.  Further, nobody on this site could accuse me of being no crybaby, I usually address the game then move on. The sole exception was where I keep referring to a penalty that former ref Mike Riley give Chelsea against Liverpool to open the season in 2009, and that was done exclusively to rile up ah certain Chelsea fan, because like Pavlog dog he couldn't help heself. As for this, where I see bullshit like what this Danqueen- The Maccomere Man fella post, I will address it.  For all he hormonal histrionics about "ad hominems" you would note that I never cuss and I never call no name until right now.  Let that guide yuh accordingly.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: February 18, 2014, 12:05:55 AM »

I thought he put in a good shift. Did well. Was insistent. Was involved in a pivotal moment. Let's see how he progresses? Too early to anoint him.

Agreed. Somebody pointed out to me his touch real raw which I didn't notice at the time but was just interested in seeing how he did since I haven't seen much of him. Decent start though.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: February 18, 2014, 10:22:22 AM »
'Pool looked the better team, but for once, finishing let us down.  Anyone notice that we looked like the home team?  Arsenal were on the back foot for most of the game.  How is Howard Webb considered one of the top-5 refs in the game, when he missed such patent calls with him being 3 yards away from the play?  It's like he has some sort of agenda against 'Pool, because his worst games always seem to coincide with when he refs a game involving 'Pool.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: February 18, 2014, 11:16:16 AM »
'Pool looked the better team, but for once, finishing let us down.  Anyone notice that we looked like the home team?  Arsenal were on the back foot for most of the game.  How is Howard Webb considered one of the top-5 refs in the game, when he missed such patent calls with him being 3 yards away from the play?  It's like he has some sort of agenda against 'Pool, because his worst games always seem to coincide with when he refs a game involving 'Pool.

He like to keep allyuh in check lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: February 18, 2014, 12:43:05 PM »

I waiting to hear what explanation he gives.  He showed restraint and lenience towards both teams, whether you fault him for that is anyone's guess.  To not give a stonewall penalty though is a completely different matter.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5835 on: February 18, 2014, 01:43:42 PM »
FA Cup Quarter Final vs Everton set for March 8th.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: February 19, 2014, 10:50:50 AM »
Big big game today fellas! We aren't favorites by any means but a conservative game plan could do us a world of good here. Arsenal for ever and ever! :challenge:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: February 19, 2014, 11:01:02 AM »
Big big game today fellas! We aren't favorites by any means but a conservative game plan could do us a world of good here. Arsenal for ever and ever! :challenge:

Cutass book
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: February 19, 2014, 11:03:02 AM »

Cutass book

Haha! We go see. Like I say, we are not favourites.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: February 19, 2014, 11:04:16 AM »
Since Sir Alex gone, Howard Webb looking for a new wuk?

Stone penalty against Suarez. No call!

Arsene Wenger cheap, instead of buying Webb, he will pick up 2 refs from the French 2nd division.

Good game though.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: February 19, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Flamini, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo

Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Gnabry, Podolski, Giroud

I really doh know what to say yes! A truly inexplicable decision Wenger!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: February 19, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »
Giroud on punishment for fornicating in the team hotel the night before a game
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: February 19, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »
Giroud on punishment for fornicating in the team hotel the night before a game

LOL! See what horning does come to?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: February 19, 2014, 01:55:32 PM »
Tief decision by the ref dey.

and he misses!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: February 19, 2014, 01:58:03 PM »
Tief decision by the ref dey.

and he misses!

Ozil did not look confident when taking the kick and I am not surprised he missed.

Ironically, Neur was already diving to his left before Ozil kicked the ball; all Ozil had to do was hit it into the right corner.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: February 19, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »
Monreal on for Gibbs...
He about to get baptize on that left side. Lahm, Goetze, Robben now...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: February 19, 2014, 02:24:36 PM »
Game done.
Let the cut-ass begin.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile