March 28, 2024, 10:54:52 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891691 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #5880 on: March 10, 2014, 11:14:05 AM »
Dansteel, yuh still feel allyuh winnin de league?  Still fear City more than us?  At least allyuh should be front runners fuh de cup semifinal against Wigan
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:28:09 PM by Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$ »

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: March 10, 2014, 06:58:25 PM »
Dansteel, yuh still feel allyuh winnin de league?  Still fear City more than us?  At least allyuh should be front runners fuh de cup semifinal against Wigan

City going through a slump. They will be back. So will we. You talking like a 7 point lead having played more games is insurmountable with 9-10 games to go. We still have to play allyuh also. Ramsey is back this weekend. Counting egg in fowl bottom is always a risky business.

And yes I still fraid City more than Chelsea. They have plenty more margin for error and a killer front line. Chelsea has had a run of extremely good luck.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:17:04 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »
Victoria concordia crescit

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: March 11, 2014, 01:45:20 PM »
Bayern Munich: Neuer, Lahm, Martinez, Dante Alaba; Schweinsteiger, Thiago; Robben Gotze, Ribery; Mandzukic
Subs: Starke, van Buyten, Rafinha, Boateng, Muller, Kroos, Pizzaro

Arsenal: Fabianski, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen; Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Cazorla, Ozil, Podolski; Giroud.
Subs: Viviano, Flamini, Gnabry, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Hayden

Wenger going for it yes! If you going down, go down fighting. Well done Prof.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: March 11, 2014, 03:34:17 PM »
Better side is progressing. It's a shame we didn't give ourself a fighting chance with that red card in London.

Bayern yes! Like Pep import the diving from Barca. Allyuh too good to be so ridiculous!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: March 11, 2014, 03:37:20 PM »
Bayern really shameless yes! Robben "win" a penalty now. Saved by Fabianski.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:41:09 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: March 11, 2014, 03:38:47 PM »
Too much to do. Shame about the first leg. Buy a big striker and come back next season Arsenal.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: March 11, 2014, 09:15:22 PM »
So everytime a player goes down now is diving? in the first half there was 2 instances that Bayern players should have gone down and they did not and the ref never called it. That dive in the 2nd by Robben was good and should have gotten a PK as the defender made contact from behind twice.

Why not give back your equalizer?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: March 12, 2014, 07:53:03 AM »
So everytime a player goes down now is diving? in the first half there was 2 instances that Bayern players should have gone down and they did not and the ref never called it. That dive in the 2nd by Robben was good and should have gotten a PK as the defender made contact from behind twice.

I didn't say "every time a player goes down is diving". I said Bayern dove constantly. And Robben's pk was contact, not a foul. He milked the contact and fell over. Conned the referee. Justice was served by Fabianski's save.

Podolski also fouled Lahm, I will give you that. But that was ONE instance where Arsenal got away, never mind the litany of dives by Robben especially, with best supporting actress nominations for Ribery and Martinez. Not to mention the number to times Ox was hacked down by Bayern players.

Anyway, the team which deserved to win the tie did. But they were disgusting and cheated constantly.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: March 12, 2014, 09:16:03 AM »

I didn't say "every time a player goes down is diving". I said Bayern dove constantly. And Robben's pk was contact, not a foul. He milked the contact and fell over. Conned the referee. Justice was served by Fabianski's save.

Podolski also fouled Lahm, I will give you that. But that was ONE instance where Arsenal got away, never mind the litany of dives by Robben especially, with best supporting actress nominations for Ribery and Martinez. Not to mention the number to times Ox was hacked down by Bayern players.

Anyway, the team which deserved to win the tie did. But they were disgusting and cheated constantly.

The Podolski-Lahm thing is deceptive. I think that call was accurate. My first impression was different but I think Lahm was relying on his experience to win that call, and he failed.

Bayern cheated?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: March 12, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »

City going through a slump. They will be back. So will we. You talking like a 7 point lead having played more games is insurmountable with 9-10 games to go. We still have to play allyuh also. Ramsey is back this weekend. Counting egg in fowl bottom is always a risky business.

And yes I still fraid City more than Chelsea. They have plenty more margin for error and a killer front line. Chelsea has had a run of extremely good luck.

This isn't about points bredrin, check the scenario.  City has three games to make up but because of how we've played they are under pressure to win all.  You all have four big guns in the league to face over the next 4 rounds.  Spurs will be pressing hard for a victory after losing to us and the undressing they received from the manager.  City will need to make sure not to slip so they looking for blood.  We will not be playing for a draw at home against you.  Everton has extra incentive after the thrashing in the cup tie.  So forget about the points and consider the scenario.  You would have to beat us and city in order to remain in the conversation and as it stands I honestly don see you beatin either.  So in the alternative you would need for Chelsea and City to have worse form than you over the next 4 rounds.  Highly unlikely.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: March 12, 2014, 10:03:29 AM »

This isn't about points bredrin, check the scenario.  City has three games to make up but because of how we've played they are under pressure to win all.  You all have four big guns in the league to face over the next 4 rounds.  Spurs will be pressing hard for a victory after losing to us and the undressing they received from the manager.  City will need to make sure not to slip so they looking for blood.  We will not be playing for a draw at home against you.  Everton has extra incentive after the thrashing in the cup tie.  So forget about the points and consider the scenario.  You would have to beat us and city in order to remain in the conversation and as it stands I honestly don see you beatin either.  So in the alternative you would need for Chelsea and City to have worse form than you over the next 4 rounds.  Highly unlikely.

Actually it is exactly about points. How else does one win a league title? Arsenal can slip up in any of the games you mentioned, yes. But that's the same for any side. What you are saying is all conjecture.

We have some tough games in the next few weeks.No doubt. Let's see what happens.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: March 12, 2014, 10:20:28 AM »
Actually it is exactly about points. How else does one win a league title? Arsenal can slip up in any of the games you mentioned, yes. But that's the same for any side. What you are saying is all conjecture.

We have some tough games in the next few weeks.No doubt. Let's see what happens.

Yuh kinda shortsighted.  My question wasn't based on the gap total.  So whether 7, 4 or even 2 points I would still pose the same question given your upcoming schedule.  Conjecture yuh say?  Arsenal needs to beat Chelsea at home as well as win their game in hand so as to cut the gap to 1.  In the meantime Chelsea would need to amass less points than Arsenal down the stretch so that you can take the lead.  That is fact.  City would need to win all their games in hand and have Chelsea amass the same or less points as them down the stretch in order to win the league.  That is also a fact!  In order to win the league Arsenal will have to not only beat city but hope that city falters down the stretch while Arsenal enjor a great run of form. (Fact).  Spurs will want to win so that they maintain their CL hopes.  (Fact).  The manner that they lost and the managers words about their performance will serve as added motivation.  Conjecture or would that be logical reasoning?  Everton will want to get a victory.  (Fact).  Given Martinez style they won't be aiming for anything less than 3 points.  Again conjecture or logical reasoning?  You might need to familiarize yuhself with a dictionary and sharpen up yuh comprehension skills fella lol.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: March 12, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »

Yuh kinda shortsighted.  My question wasn't based on the gap total.  So whether 7, 4 or even 2 points I would still pose the same question given your upcoming schedule.  Conjecture yuh say?  Arsenal needs to beat Chelsea at home as well as win their game in hand so as to cut the gap to 1.  In the meantime Chelsea would need to amass less points than Arsenal down the stretch so that you can take the lead.  That is fact.  City would need to win all their games in hand and have Chelsea amass the same or less points as them down the stretch in order to win the league.  That is also a fact!  In order to win the league Arsenal will have to not only beat city but hope that city falters down the stretch while Arsenal enjor a great run of form. (Fact).  Spurs will want to win so that they maintain their CL hopes.  (Fact).  The manner that they lost and the managers words about their performance will serve as added motivation.  Conjecture or would that be logical reasoning?  Everton will want to get a victory.  (Fact).  Given Martinez style they won't be aiming for anything less than 3 points.  Again conjecture or logical reasoning?  You might need to familiarize yuhself with a dictionary and sharpen up yuh comprehension skills fella lol.

Wow! Well, aside from you disparaging my reading and comprehension skills because of your frustration at being unable to convince me, my point about conjecture was based on your assumption that those things cannot happen. I am well aware of the points totals. But if Arsenal are to lose to clearly inferior sides like Everton and Spurs, then you must accept the possibility that Chelsea and City can do the same. So to assume the "best case scenario" for yourself is, in fact, conjecture.

Anyway, as I said, we can just wait and see. I'm not really interested in you questioning my literacy and comprehension. So you can go talk to somebody else.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:44:54 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: March 12, 2014, 11:09:53 AM »
Wow! Well, aside from you disparaging my reading and comprehension skills because of your frustration at being unable to convince me, my point about conjecture was based on your assumption that those things cannot happen. I am well aware of the points totals. But if Arsenal are to lose to clearly inferior sides like Everton and Spurs, then you must accept the possibility that Chelsea and City can do the same. So to assume the "best case scenario" for yourself is, in fact, conjecture.

Anyway, as I said, we can just wait and see. I'm not really interested in you questioning my literacy and comprehension. So you can go talk to somebody else.

Frustrated?  What I have to be frustrated about?  Fella doh be emotional and just accept yuh talk shit nah lol.  Yuh say all what I say was conjecture so I elect to point out that yuh was wrong, doh beat up.  I didn't assume anything either so yuh battin 0 fuh 2 now.  Considering our record at home under JM, the strength of our squad and current run of form I am confident we bussin allyuh ass in Stamford Bridge.  No assumptions needed.  Anyway I accept yuh appology

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: March 12, 2014, 11:18:09 AM »

Frustrated?  What I have to be frustrated about?  Fella doh be emotional and just accept yuh talk shit nah lol.  Yuh say all what I say was conjecture so I elect to point out that yuh was wrong, doh beat up.  I didn't assume anything either so yuh battin 0 fuh 2 now.  Considering our record at home under JM, the strength of our squad and current run of form I am confident we bussin allyuh ass in Stamford Bridge.  No assumptions needed.  Anyway I accept yuh appology

I accept your apology as well.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: March 12, 2014, 11:20:34 AM »
 :beermug: :D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: March 12, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »

The Podolski-Lahm thing is deceptive. I think that call was accurate. My first impression was different but I think Lahm was relying on his experience to win that call, and he failed.

Bayern cheated?

Diving is cheating as far as I am concerned. All the talk about it being the "referee's decision" is just rationalisation. People twisting words to avoid the (correct) perception that they are dishonest.

I actually buss out laughing when Lahm went down. It looked weaker than Robben's dive to win the penalty. From another angle it looked like a proper push.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:53:40 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: March 15, 2014, 01:28:42 PM »
Thanks Villa! Blues just fall apart yes! Willian and Ramires sent off. Mourinho too. Time to take advantage Gunners!  :applause:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: March 15, 2014, 01:31:32 PM »
Never, they don't have the belly for it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: March 15, 2014, 01:34:01 PM »
Never, they don't have the belly for it.

Time will tell.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: March 16, 2014, 10:02:32 AM »
GO-FLICKIN-LAZO!!!!

:notworthy:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: March 16, 2014, 11:01:33 AM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: March 16, 2014, 11:10:10 AM »
(Second half: I wouldn't be surprised if Sandro does something to influence the game ... negatively).

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: March 16, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »
The Ox should have put this game away.
Now is just wave after wave of Tottenham attacks.

I think is only a matter of time before spurs score.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: March 16, 2014, 11:51:45 AM »
Bale woulda put 2 on allyuh.

Tough defensive effort in the 2nd half though.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: March 16, 2014, 12:22:41 PM »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: March 16, 2014, 03:08:07 PM »
Fantastic goal by Rosicky! Absolutely fantastic. :notworthy:

Arsenal should have been 3-0 up by half time. Ox did everything right but the finishing. The fact that he didn't meant that they had to withstand severe pressure from Spurs in the 2nd half. Koscielny and Mertesacker were heroic today.  :notworthy:

Three North London Derbies this season, 3 wins, 4 goals scored, none conceded. I like it! Now for some more wins Gunners!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: March 16, 2014, 05:14:29 PM »
I would love to see KJ adapt some of Adebayor's instinctive off the ball movement. Other than that, I thought playing into his feet could have unlocked the defence had it been done more frequently. Ade has atypical, unorthodox movement with the ball at his feet that he has exploited before.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: March 16, 2014, 05:17:44 PM »
I would love to see KJ adapt some of Adebayor's instinctive off the ball movement. Other than that, I thought playing into his feet could have unlocked the defence had it been done more frequently. Ade has atypical, unorthodox movement with the ball at his feet that he has exploited before.

Eh them African and them have that about them. It had a couple fellas in college use to do that. Defenders would think they could reach the ball, but for some unexplained reason the ball would be moved away. Crazy. Is like they foot does extend another couple inches.

1]; } ?>