March 28, 2024, 02:15:08 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891743 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #5910 on: March 16, 2014, 05:27:27 PM »
Ox's reaction after the goal is priceless

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: March 16, 2014, 06:10:31 PM »
Eh them African and them have that about them. It had a couple fellas in college use to do that. Defenders would think they could reach the ball, but for some unexplained reason the ball would be moved away. Crazy. Is like they foot does extend another couple inches.

A couple of them African strikers just have that ability to invite a tackle and draw a foul that way.

Fantastic strike by Rosicky... happy for that fella individually, always liked him.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: March 18, 2014, 10:45:06 AM »
Cazorla, Ramsey, Zelalem sign contracts
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140318/cazorla-ramsey-zelalem-sign-contracts

Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey and Gedion Zelalem have all signed new contracts with the Club.

Cazorla has established himself as a key figure in the Arsenal midfield since his arrival from Malaga in August 2012. The 29-year-old Spain international was voted Arsenal Player of the Season last term, and with 49 appearances, featured more than any other Gunners player in 2012/13. He has continued his fine form this year.

Ramsey enjoyed an outstanding start to this season, contributing 13 goals from midfield in 27 appearances before sustaining a thigh injury in December. Four league goals, including two away to Sunderland, and a series of superb displays saw the Welshman named Barclays Player of the Month in September. Ramsey, 23, has featured a total of 177 times for Arsenal since joining the Club in 2008.

Zelalem, 17, has shown great potential since joining the Club in January 2013. The Germany youth international impressed for the first team in pre-season, playing in all four games of the Asia Tour and against Galatasaray in the Emirates Cup. He made his competitive first-team debut on January 24, coming on as a substitute in Arsenal's 4-0 victory over Coventry City in the FA Cup fourth round. This is his first professional contract.

Arsène Wenger said: “We are very pleased that Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey and Gedion Zelalem have committed their futures to the Club. Cazorla and Ramsey are absolutely key players for us, and this news is a boost to the whole club. Gedion is very young of course, but he has shown already that he has fantastic promise, and we all look forward to his development with us."

Ramsey said: “I'm delighted to have signed a new contract. I've been here for six years and I'm so happy. I think we've shown so far this season what we're all about and the direction that this club wants to go in. I want to be a part of that, and to be a part of something special at Arsenal. We have a great team which we believe can achieve great things.”

Cazorla said: “I'm so happy to have signed a new contract with Arsenal. This club makes me very happy - the manager, my team-mates, the fantastic supporters, the stadium and the whole organisation here.

"I have had a great time with the Club since joining nearly two years ago, and I think that we can be a big player in competing for the top trophies in years to come and that's important for me. I have already had lots of good moments here and hopefully there will be many more to come.”

Everyone at Arsenal is looking forward to the continued contributions of Santi, Aaron and Gedion for seasons to come.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: March 22, 2014, 07:10:18 AM »
Park de f**kin bus shithongs!!! Yeah doh fear we nah  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: March 22, 2014, 07:34:07 AM »
Mercifully, half-time comes to the rescue.

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: March 22, 2014, 08:16:06 AM »
to borrow from bitter.....is how much time arsenal get bull dis season
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: March 22, 2014, 08:31:16 AM »
Shameful display.  I look forward to the post-match interview.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: March 22, 2014, 09:23:28 AM »

Well I actually said I fear City more than Chelsea. But well done today. A bad start and that was the game. Down to City and Chelsea now.

If Wenger doh win FA Cup then it is time for him to go. It might be time anyway. His tactical setup was disastrous today and Chelsea make mas with that high defensive line.

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: March 22, 2014, 09:36:25 AM »

Well I actually said I fear City more than Chelsea. But well done today. A bad start and that was the game. Down to City and Chelsea now.

If Wenger doh win FA Cup then it is time for him to go. It might be time anyway. His tactical setup was disastrous today and Chelsea make mas with that high defensive line.

doh dismiss 'pool nah dem in d hunt....cyar doubt dat
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: March 22, 2014, 10:01:24 AM »

Honestly I don't think Pool has the wherewithal to compete with those 2. They good but they not on the same level. Still think City will take it.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: March 22, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »

Arsene take this club as far as he could go and at this point there really aren't any excuses left. He really should go all out for the FA Cup, break the trophy drought and end on a somewhat high note. After years of falling short and capitulating to direct rivals the common denominator is him.

This season is the worse as we not only losing to the other title contenders we getting embarrassed, not even competing. We went from leading the league for the first half of the season to staring at a CL playoff spot again (as long as ManU doh win CL  :devil:). As the Guardian put it, "What is he telling his team before the big games".

Thanks for everything, I appreciate the all he's done, but it really is time for a fresh start.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:36:48 PM by grimm01 »

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: March 22, 2014, 07:34:46 PM »

Honestly I don't think Pool has the wherewithal to compete with those 2. They good but they not on the same level. Still think City will take it.

I not hearing u with dat, pool been on a good run lately, even with their defense lookin lil porous, chelsea solid but has been prone trippin over ah bump every now and den, even with city's game in hand, I tink pool will be up for it in d big games, like they show alyuh ;D, dey eh play city yet and dey eh play chelsea yet......result in dem favor in dem game and yuh never know...............also remember what ah say bout winnin d big games..............whais it yuh have to say now
I pity the fool....

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: March 22, 2014, 10:29:46 PM »
Well Arsene Wenger's 1000th game in charge was certainly a memorable one, even though his team ended up on the wrong side of a 6-0 scoreline.

Dear me, dear me....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: March 22, 2014, 11:46:42 PM »

I not hearing u with dat, pool been on a good run lately, even with their defense lookin lil porous, chelsea solid but has been prone trippin over ah bump every now and den, even with city's game in hand, I tink pool will be up for it in d big games, like they show alyuh ;D, dey eh play city yet and dey eh play chelsea yet......result in dem favor in dem game and yuh never know...............also remember what ah say bout winnin d big games..............whais it yuh have to say now

Well I said we didn't need to win the big games as long as we were taking care of business in the small ones. Unfortunately the Stoke result put us in a bad situation. Had we won that we would be able to shake off this result. There are many more games besides the big games. 20 teams in the league and a point is a point, whether it comes from City or Cardiff.

And I don't see how you can point out Chelsea and City's flaws and totally ignore Pool's. Sure they on a good run of form but they would be vulnerable to a bad result same as Arsenal. That just doh make sense.

Sure Pool showed us at Anfield but doh forget who knock them out of the Cup. And Arsenal's best performance this season was beating Pool at Emirates in November.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:01:05 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: March 23, 2014, 04:46:33 AM »
I said their defense was porous, but they compensate for dat with attack.......what happened in the cup aside, dis year had 4-6 team could be considered contenders, dais 30 relatively hard to get points, u cannot convince me dat not getting some ah dat can be good for a team dat want d title..........even with other contenders making mistakes every now and then ............d maths jus doh make sense....no "big" side going to trip up enough to make dem points irrelevant.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:48:56 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5925 on: March 23, 2014, 12:38:39 PM »
I said their defense was porous, but they compensate for dat with attack.......what happened in the cup aside, dis year had 4-6 team could be considered contenders, dais 30 relatively hard to get points, u cannot convince me dat not getting some ah dat can be good for a team dat want d title..........even with other contenders making mistakes every now and then ............d maths jus doh make sense....no "big" side going to trip up enough to make dem points irrelevant.

Of course that can be good for a team. A point is a point. And apart from the away trips to the other 3 teams in the Champions League spots, Arsenal has won at all the other teams you referring to. But I don't think the teams from 5th back would apply here. And up until March, all the big sides DID trip up enough. Seems like they managed to get their act together just as Arsenal went into it's hardest run of the season, unfortunately.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: March 24, 2014, 09:23:46 AM »
Dansteel just light ah candle and start wearing ah blue shirt.  We eh go even charge no initiation fee.  Jes fall een nah.  Allyuh eh tiyad suffa?! :D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: March 24, 2014, 11:44:33 AM »
Dansteel just light ah candle and start wearing ah blue shirt.  We eh go even charge no initiation fee.  Jes fall een nah.  Allyuh eh tiyad suffa?! :D

LOL! Nah man. I hate Chelsea. Not as much as Spurs, United, QRC or Barca but I hate them. I supporting Arsenal since Wrighty sign for them. Through thick and thin. Our time will come, and soon.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: March 24, 2014, 12:59:08 PM »
Not as much as Spurs, United, QRC or Barca but I hate them

Dude, leave QRC out that!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: March 24, 2014, 02:30:46 PM »

Hahaha! Sorry man, I went Saints. Old habits.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: March 24, 2014, 03:22:49 PM »

No sweat man, only kidding. ;D. The rivalry up to my time was great. As a mater of fact, the north rivalry was great! When I reincarnation, I want the same thing except, I want to win more. That include beating Saints  ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: March 24, 2014, 06:14:06 PM »

No sweat man, only kidding. ;D. The rivalry up to my time was great. As a mater of fact, the north rivalry was great! When I reincarnation, I want the same thing except, I want to win more. That include beating Saints  ;D

Hehehehe!  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: March 25, 2014, 02:06:35 PM »
Swansea at the helm.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: March 25, 2014, 03:27:31 PM »
That changed quickly.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: March 25, 2014, 03:40:41 PM »
Oh Arsenal....

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: March 25, 2014, 03:41:24 PM »
Hoss light de cyandle nah boi! 

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: March 25, 2014, 03:42:09 PM »
Hoss light de cyandle nah boi! 

Arsenal like dey need ah serious bush bath...

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: March 25, 2014, 03:50:34 PM »
Oh well. At least we can concentrate on the FA cup. There should be no talk of title now; it was fun while it lasted.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: March 25, 2014, 04:12:32 PM »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: March 25, 2014, 04:14:48 PM »
Arsenal backward.