March 28, 2024, 12:35:49 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891714 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #6090 on: November 23, 2014, 04:46:30 AM »
alyuh have games to lose,

Man U defence worse than Arsenal's. And we still have good defenders to come back from injury, unlike them. We struggling now with all the players missing but that won't last.

u were sayin.................what happens with southampton over d next few weeks goh be tellin

Boy, United were INCREDIBLY lucky to get anything from that game. Arsenal rained shots on them and only one went in. They have two shots on target to Arsenal's 9 and only one scores for both sides. You cannot plan for that. Just fantastic luck for United. Arsenal did everything right but the finishing and a ridiculous own goal. Sometimes you just have a day where everything goes wrong. It sucks but they were completely outplayed and managed to ratch a win when they should have been utterly crushed. Real hard luck.

but ah win is ah win is ah win..................if southampton gets points over d next few weeks(villa, man C, gunners, man U), d true state of dey challenge will be either confirmed as......"real deal" or simply "best of the rest"............yes ah realize we still ind first half d season, but momentum is ah hell of a thing
I pity the fool....

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: November 26, 2014, 06:09:12 PM »
Let's hope the shambles ends now.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: December 06, 2014, 10:28:59 AM »
This Arsenal - Stoke game is madness.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: December 06, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »
This Arsenal - Stoke game is madness.

Boy! This was the most makeshift, ramshackle defence I have seen Arsenal play since we lost 8-2 at Old Trafford. Bellerin, Chambers and a clearly not fit Gibbs. What a mess! We need Kos back NOW!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: December 11, 2014, 10:24:15 AM »
alyuh have games to lose,

Man U defence worse than Arsenal's. And we still have good defenders to come back from injury, unlike them. We struggling now with all the players missing but that won't last.

u were sayin.................what happens with southampton over d next few weeks goh be tellin

Boy, United were INCREDIBLY lucky to get anything from that game. Arsenal rained shots on them and only one went in. They have two shots on target to Arsenal's 9 and only one scores for both sides. You cannot plan for that. Just fantastic luck for United. Arsenal did everything right but the finishing and a ridiculous own goal. Sometimes you just have a day where everything goes wrong. It sucks but they were completely outplayed and managed to ratch a win when they should have been utterly crushed. Real hard luck.

but ah win is ah win is ah win..................if southampton gets points over d next few weeks(villa, man C, gunners, man U), d true state of dey challenge will be either confirmed as......"real deal" or simply "best of the rest"............yes ah realize we still ind first half d season, but momentum is ah hell of a thing

Southampton like they just fold up yes! Debuchy is back. Kos and Walcott back in the next few games, Ozil next month. Should be a nice run for us. Just hope we find some defensive depth in January!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: December 11, 2014, 10:35:59 AM »
Southampton like they just fold up yes! Debuchy is back. Kos and Walcott back in the next few games, Ozil next month. Should be a nice run for us. Just hope we find some defensive depth in January!

looking so,.....dey doh seem to have d nerve to take on d big boys........previous to these losses d other 2 was against "top sides"

I pity the fool....

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: December 13, 2014, 03:07:39 PM »
Arsenal beat Newcastle, Burnley shock Saints

Olivier Giroud and Santi Cazorla both scored twice as Arsenal closed back up on the English Premier League's top four with a 4-1 win over Newcastle United at the Emirates Stadium. ArseGiroud powered in a header on 15 minutes and, after Danny Welbeck had seen a goal perhaps harshly disallowed, birthday boy Cazorla made it 2-0 at the start of the second half with a neat chip.

Giroud then produced another fine left-footed finish at the near post, and after Ayoze Perez had reduced the deficit, Cazorla clipped home a late penalty as the feel-good factor returned for Wenger's side after the fall-out from their defeat at Stoke City.

Premier League leaders Chelsea returned to winning ways with a 2-0 victory over ten-man Hull City at Stamford Bridge. Eden Hazard put the Blues ahead with his eighth goal of the season before Tom Huddlestone was dismissed for a reckless studs-up challenge on Filipe Luis.

Diego Costa scored his first goal in five games to seal the win, which comes a week after Chelsea lost their unbeaten record at Newcastle United. Jose Mourinho's men remain three points clear of Manchester City, who beat Leicester City 1-0 thanks to Frank Lampard's 175th Premier League goal.

Manuel Pellegrini spoke this week about his desire to extend Lampard's loan deal with the champions and he delivered his manager three points at the King Power Stadium after turning home Samir Nasri's cross from close range. The goal means Lampard is now the joint-fourth highest scorer in Premier League history alongside Thierry Henry.

Craig Gardner came back to haunt his old club Aston Villa as West Bromwich Albion came out on top in the West Midlands derby at the Hawthorns. Gardner, who spent five seasons at Villa, scored a 72nd minute-winner to ease the pressure on Baggies boss Alan Irvine.

Burnley hauled themselves out of the bottom three with a vital 1-0 win over Southampton at the Turf Moor. Burnley goalkeeper Tom Heaton saved Dusan Tadic's penalty on the hour and 12 minutes later Ashley Barnes converted Danny Ings' pass to move the Clarets up to 17th in the table.

At the Stadium of Light West Ham United's Stewart Downing scored his third goal of the season to deny Sunderland a crucial victory. The Black Cats had gone ahead through a Jordi Gomez penalty, but Downing equalised in the 29th minute to leave the scores level at 1-1.

In the other fixture of the day Peter Crouch cancelled out James McArthur's opener as Stoke drew 1-1 with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.

Link: http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/nationalleagues/nationalleague=england-premier-league-2000000000/news/newsid/249/192/4/index.html

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: December 15, 2014, 11:11:05 AM »

d irony of this and d stats jus make mih laff ::)

P    W    D    L     GF    GA    GD    PTS
Man United    16    9    4    3     29    17    12    31
Arsenal    16    7    5    4     28    19    9      26   
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:16:23 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: December 18, 2014, 12:33:36 PM »
Walcott could make return at Anfield

Arsenal forward Theo Walcott could make a long-awaited return to action at Liverpool on Sunday. Manager Arsene Wenger revealed the 25-year-old, who has made just two appearances this season following recovery from a long-term knee injury, is set to resume full training after a groin problem suffered while on international duty with England.

While Wenger will take no chances on Walcott's rehabilitation, the imminent availability of the jet-heeled forward will come as a welcome boost ahead of the hectic Christmas schedule, which could also see both defender Nacho Monreal and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain shake off their fitness problems.

"There is a slight chance of (Nacho) Monreal being available and a very slight chance for Walcott. We hope that Oxlade-Chamberlain will be fit. We will see that on Saturday," Wenger told Arsenal Player. "He (Walcott) is back in training today (Thursday), but only today. I might take him (to Liverpool), I don't know yet until he is back to full training. Let's see."

Oxlade-Chamberlain limped out of the closing stages of Arsenal's 4-1 English Premier League win over Newcastle United last weekend with a groin problem which the club hope will prove to be minor. "That's what we'll see on Saturday after a test. He is not in training at the moment," Wenger said.

Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil is another who is stepping up his rehabilitation, having been out since the defeat at Chelsea on 5 October because of a knee problem. Wenger confirmed both goalkeeper David Ospina and midfielder Tomas Rosicky are also close to being available again following their respective thigh problems.

However, captain Mikel Arteta (calf), midfielder Aaron Ramsey (hamstring) and centre-back Laurent Koscielny (calf) are still out, but "progressing as planned", according to the Gunners boss. Arsenal will be looking to remain within striking distance of the top four with a positive result at Anfield to continue their upturn in form, which has seen five wins from six across all competitions.

The knock-out stages of the UEFA Champions League await Arsenal, who have been paired with Monaco, the French club where Wenger made his name as a young coach.

Wenger won the French Ligue 1 title in 1988 and the Coupe de France in 1991, as well as reaching the European Cup Winners' Cup final and then the semi-finals of the Champions League in 1994, and went on to have a spell managing in Japan before being a surprise choice for the Arsenal job in October 1996.

He has never since faced Monaco in a competitive fixture, and is looking forward to his return to the Stade Louis II stadium for the second leg of the tie in March next year.

"We had very few chances to get Monaco and I think it's a strange coincidence in life because I have spent 25 years of my life at Monaco and Arsenal together, so it's a little bit like my life meets my life," the 65-year-old said. "It is good as well because I go back to basically where I started.

"I have never [been back], because I was always very busy and since I have been here in England we have played every three days basically throughout the whole season. I have been back to the city a few times but never to the stadium."

Monaco were considered one of the weaker seeds, having come through Group C ahead of Bayer Leverkusen but scored just four goals - two of those coming in the final tie with Zenit St. Petersburg.

"Overall it is an opportunity for us to get through to the quarter-final," said Wenger, whose side were knocked out of Europe by Bayern Munich in the past two seasons.

"Having said that, Monaco is a tough draw because they have come top out of a very tough group and that means it is a signal for us to be ready to meet a tough team who defend very well and are very quick on counter-attacks. We need a good defensive performance against them."
http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/nationalleagues/nationalleague=england-premier-league-2000000000/news/newsid/249/443/6/index.html

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: December 25, 2014, 07:48:51 PM »
Who's the little guy? He's Fun to Watch ... He's a Lil Pitbull

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dPczMiM43_c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dPczMiM43_c</a>
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 05:27:18 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: December 25, 2014, 07:55:14 PM »
Kevin Costner is a Gooner

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9md1EYtDJc0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9md1EYtDJc0</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: December 28, 2014, 08:47:39 AM »

We conceded 2 goals more with more injuries in defence. Not like is a big difference. Not enough to be considered "ironic".

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irony
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:52:21 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: December 28, 2014, 10:18:22 AM »

We conceded 2 goals more with more injuries in defence. Not like is a big difference. Not enough to be considered "ironic".

dread it is, 2 goals worst off is still by definition worst off.....given your pronouncements, AND given the mere fact that Manu has built a fairly comfortable hold on third place, while arsenal hasn't tasted top 4 in how long now ??? ::) the argument more than stands up..............come on now :shameonyou:
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: December 28, 2014, 11:11:25 AM »

dread it is, 2 goals worst off is still by definition worst off.....given your pronouncements, AND given the mere fact that Manu has built a fairly comfortable hold on third place, while arsenal hasn't tasted top 4 in how long now ??? ::) the argument more than stands up..............come on now :shameonyou:

LOL! A lil 2 mingy goals and you coassin! Not that comfortable. 3 points. We have Walcott, Ozil and Giroud to come back. and we tied on points with Southampton in 4th, who are our next game. Why should I be ashamed? We could be 4th by new years day.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: December 28, 2014, 11:40:45 AM »
LOL! A lil 2 mingy goals and you coassin! Not that comfortable. 3 points. We have Walcott, Ozil and Giroud to come back. and we tied on points with Southampton in 4th, who are our next game. Why should I be ashamed? We could be 4th by new years day.

d bold overstatements and understatements boss ..................plus manu continues to progress in bits and pieces while arsenal can ominously loose to anyone at anytime this season......alyuh gettin "surprised" this season too often for alyuh own good........tell mih ah lie nah!

edit look what burnley jus do vs Man city.....alyuh have more "surprises" comin

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:11:40 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6105 on: December 28, 2014, 12:53:36 PM »

d bold overstatements and understatements boss ..................plus manu continues to progress in bits and pieces while arsenal can ominously loose to anyone at anytime this season......alyuh gettin "surprised" this season too often for alyuh own good........tell mih ah lie nah!

edit look what burnley jus do vs Man city.....alyuh have more "surprises" comin

Anyone can lose to anyone. Ent Leicester surprise United? We lose one more game than allyuh. How bold do I have to be? Koscielny, Arsenal's best defender, now come back and Ozil and Walcott, two of our best attackers will be back soon. In fact Theo was on the bench today. And we beat Burnley 3-0. We progressing in bits and pieces too.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: December 28, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »
Third to last game of the season is Arsenal vs Manchester United. Might be pivotal in determining at least one team's fate.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: December 28, 2014, 01:16:54 PM »
Third to last game of the season is Arsenal vs Manchester United. Might be pivotal in determining at least one team's fate.

Could be. I think both will make top 4. My only question is in what order.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: December 28, 2014, 03:55:08 PM »

dis is all I arguin...... not to long ago u dismiss dat right off d the bat as impossible for man u, I is not ah manu fan by the way...............jus find dismissing dem was folly on your part, which u did
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: December 28, 2014, 06:52:33 PM »

dis is all I arguin...... not to long ago u dismiss dat right off d the bat as impossible for man u, I is not ah manu fan by the way...............jus find dismissing dem was folly on your part, which u did

I am surprised they getting anywhere with that defence. Seemed reasonable enough to expect they wouldn't make it. De Gea has been much better this season and he pull them out of many games (Arsenal and Liverpool for example) when they really shoulda get licks.

Thought you were a Man U fan given the string of conversation. Apologies.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:56:01 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: December 28, 2014, 07:17:27 PM »
I am surprised they getting anywhere with that defence. Seemed reasonable enough to expect they wouldn't make it. De Gea has been much better this season and he pull them out of many games (Arsenal and Liverpool for example) when they really shoulda get licks.

I hear yuh but given what I seen of Van gaal, I not going and write he off jus so

Thought you were a Man U fan given the string of conversation. Apologies
I does back d blue side of london mih boy

I pity the fool....

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: December 30, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »
Arsenal starlet Gedion Zelalem receives US citizenship, plans on committing to American cause

As United States national team fans found out Monday evening, sometimes the best Christmas presents come late.

According to a report from the Washington Post‘s Steve Goff, 17-year-old Arsenal starlet Gedion Zelalem, who spent his formative years in Maryland before making the move to the English Premier League giants, has gained US citizenship and is now eligible to represent the United States in international competition.

Zelalem is also eligible to represent Germany and Ethiopia, but Goff cited sources who said the teenager has told friends and U.S. officials that he plans on committing to the American cause. He moved to the US at age nine before jumping across the pond at 16 to join the Gunners.
Should Zelalem receive FIFA approval, he would become one of the brightest young prospects in the American talent pool, with an opportunity to represent the US at the 2016 Olympic Games on the horizon as well as a looming introduction to Jurgen Klinsmann’s senior team.

Though he’s mostly played for Arsenal’s youth teams to go along with first-team cameos in the FA Cup and Champions League, Zelalem’s managed to build a reputation as one of the brightest attacking talents in Europe despite the lack of a league appearance.

That honor will come according to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who signed Zelalem to his first professional contract in March and says what the midfielder currently lacks in frame, he makes up for in technical ability and awareness.
“He is a player with a good eye and good technique and is very agile,” Wenger told SI.com in July. “He has the ambition to find the ball on the field. So he's the kind of player who could be of use to the United States. He's in some ways the type of player the U.S. was missing in the World Cup.”

Of course, it remains to be seen whether Zelalem will realize that vast potential, but after months of speculation about his international future, it seems US fans can rest easy knowing the talented teenager is set to wear red, white and blue.
 http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/12/30/report-arsenal-starlet-gedion-zelalem-receives-us-citizenship-plans-committi

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: January 01, 2015, 09:55:07 AM »
Tsk, tsk, tsk ... Arsenal is not skipping a beat in being poor defensively.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: January 01, 2015, 11:43:28 PM »

Shezz and Kos had an uncharacteristically bad day. It happens. But with a totally makeshift central midfield we really have no proper attacking threat against the best defence in the league. I don't see Arsenal buying a world class central midfielder in January (I don't think any are available) but this team crying out for one.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: January 01, 2015, 11:58:55 PM »
Arsenal starlet Gedion Zelalem receives US citizenship, plans on committing to American cause

As United States national team fans found out Monday evening, sometimes the best Christmas presents come late.

According to a report from the Washington Post‘s Steve Goff, 17-year-old Arsenal starlet Gedion Zelalem, who spent his formative years in Maryland before making the move to the English Premier League giants, has gained US citizenship and is now eligible to represent the United States in international competition.

Zelalem is also eligible to represent Germany and Ethiopia, but Goff cited sources who said the teenager has told friends and U.S. officials that he plans on committing to the American cause. He moved to the US at age nine before jumping across the pond at 16 to join the Gunners.
Should Zelalem receive FIFA approval, he would become one of the brightest young prospects in the American talent pool, with an opportunity to represent the US at the 2016 Olympic Games on the horizon as well as a looming introduction to Jurgen Klinsmann’s senior team.

Though he’s mostly played for Arsenal’s youth teams to go along with first-team cameos in the FA Cup and Champions League, Zelalem’s managed to build a reputation as one of the brightest attacking talents in Europe despite the lack of a league appearance.

That honor will come according to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who signed Zelalem to his first professional contract in March and says what the midfielder currently lacks in frame, he makes up for in technical ability and awareness.
“He is a player with a good eye and good technique and is very agile,” Wenger told SI.com in July. “He has the ambition to find the ball on the field. So he's the kind of player who could be of use to the United States. He's in some ways the type of player the U.S. was missing in the World Cup.”

Of course, it remains to be seen whether Zelalem will realize that vast potential, but after months of speculation about his international future, it seems US fans can rest easy knowing the talented teenager is set to wear red, white and blue.
 http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/12/30/report-arsenal-starlet-gedion-zelalem-receives-us-citizenship-plans-committi

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: January 03, 2015, 01:51:10 PM »

Shezz and Kos had an uncharacteristically bad day. It happens. But with a totally makeshift central midfield we really have no proper attacking threat against the best defence in the league. I don't see Arsenal buying a world class central midfielder in January (I don't think any are available) but this team crying out for one.

arsenal string of CL qualification great escapes maybe at an end..........dat fourth place going and be a tussling dog fight.......it jus have too many teams dis year dat can simply put, jus beat arsenal.....and by dat I mean u can almost predict the teams dat will beat dem.....to d point dat yuh doh even be surprised when it happen................ knew swans would, knew Southampton would.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:07:05 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: January 03, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »

arsenal string of CL qualification great escapes maybe at an end..........dat fourth place going and be a tussling dog fight.......it jus have too many teams dis year dat can simply put, jus beat arsenal.....and by dat I mean u can almost predict the teams dat will beat dem.....to d point dat yuh doh even be surprised when it happen................ knew swans would, knew Southampton would.

Every year for the last 10 years they say Arsenal not making top 4 but every year they do. We beat Southampton at home, lost away. Last year when Everton beat us away they said the saaaame thing. And our best players still to come back. I does smile when people say Arsenal not making top 4. I waiting for them to say it in the media. That way I know we making it.

edit
Half the season left to play. Not nearly time to worry about top 4 yet.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:57:00 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: January 03, 2015, 02:52:55 PM »
Podolski apparently loaned to Inter Milan. Waiting to see the official Arsenal.com announcement but looks very likely. The curse of the #9 shirt continues.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: January 03, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »
Every year for the last 10 years they say Arsenal not making top 4 but every year they do. We beat Southampton at home, lost away. Last year when Everton beat us away they said the saaaame thing. And our best players still to come back. I does smile when people say Arsenal not making top 4. I waiting for them to say it in the media. That way I know we making it.

edit

nah mih boy dis year alyuh lookin especially shaky, goh take mih licks like ah man if ah wrong.....but last year arsenal was getting points dey losing dis year is not jus loses, is draws too......... this time last year alyuh was 1st on 42pts, alyuh actually had points to cushion dem now predictable bumps in d road alyuh does have  ..............checked back a few years this is d weakest start alyuh have in years and let d record show alyuh din' really start weak in d last few seasons.... dis year on d other hand 6th 7th and have racked up more loses and draws early in the season than before................stats tell ah story
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: January 03, 2015, 09:23:07 PM »

edit

nah mih boy dis year alyuh lookin especially shaky, goh take mih licks like ah man if ah wrong.....but last year arsenal was getting points dey losing dis year is not jus loses, is draws too......... this time last year alyuh was 1st on 42pts, alyuh actually had points to cushion dem now predictable bumps in d road alyuh does have  ..............checked back a few years this is d weakest start alyuh have in years and let d record show alyuh din' really start weak in d last few seasons.... dis year on d other hand 6th 7th and have racked up more loses and draws early in the season than before................stats tell ah story

They said we were looking especially shaky late last year and the year before too. We have had more bumps than usual. We will probably have less of them late in the season. Last season we had a fantastic start. But the two seasons before that we had very weak starts also. This season we looking to have a fantastic end with Walcott, Ozil and Ramsey returning from injury. 4 points out of 3rd in early January is nothing to be frightened about. Like I said, they have been talking this way for the last 10 years and it eh happen yet. 2 seasons ago we started February in 7th place.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:31:02 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

1]; } ?>