April 26, 2024, 01:25:35 PM

Author Topic: Gas war  (Read 2234 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gas war
« on: April 16, 2006, 07:54:23 PM »
I got this forward today so i decided to post it here so ppl could read it.  I don't really believe that these  "execs" send these things but this one makes a bit of sense.  I find ppl on this board dont really talk about serious issues...

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It ' s worth your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We nee d to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap.  Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.  It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at lea st ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE
>>>>HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Gas war
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 08:48:08 PM »
yuh have ah point

i go do it
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 12:43:42 AM »
just walk to places......

world peace = everyone walking

viciversa

everyone walking = world peace...

hence we should all destroy cars by burning them all over the globe thus creating a huge artificial dust cloud temporarily blocking out the sun and layering the atmosphere thus inturn lowering the global tempreature thus reversing the global warming affect...

plus we avoid the whole 2nd ice age...

:rotfl:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 07:32:14 AM »
jeffrz boy i wish i coulda walk evrywhere like in trini, but here in the southern US, transport is not as good as it should be and this makes it necessary to have a vehicle, ask any trini who went to school in any part of the states except maybe NYC, DC, Chicago  (that i know of)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »
Fari,  first of all,  this is a chain letter and chain letters and people who send them need to be shot with sh!t (present company excluded, of course)  ;D :beermug:
Also, the "campaign" calls  for sending out some three hundred million emails to anyone really, but the premise of the "campaign" " is to target EXXON/Mobil; again just more spam. Finally, I can't talk for anyone else, but in the current high price environment, I (and most people I know) shop for the cheapest gas available (that would be Valero/Diamond Shamrock close to where I am). EXXON/Mobil is usually the most  expensive, so I don't buy from there anyways. If we think about it t hen, how efective would it be  to send out three hundred million emails, except for pissing off three hundred million people  :devil:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 03:24:02 PM »
Fellas,  with all due respect,  how much allyuh paid for your las 355mL can of coke? last 1l of Gatoraide
We are talking about first finding then extracting a natural resource from the earth, not mixing sugar and water.  You see those rigs off the Mayaro coast, put a $50millionUS  price tag on each well drilled

Oil companies do not make money by selling gas at the pump, they do by selling bbls of oil and mcf of gas on the spot market.  Selling gas at the pump is a small small fraction of income or branch for these companies, if they quit selling gas or lost money at it I'm sure they could care less.... they need to post big losses for income tax anyway

dont talk to the oil company, talk to the government whos taxing it

If that all fails, i going with jefferz plan  :P
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 03:50:18 PM by ricky »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 03:42:55 PM »
jeffrz boy i wish i coulda walk evrywhere like in trini, but here in the southern US, transport is not as good as it should be and this makes it necessary to have a vehicle, ask any trini who went to school in any part of the states except maybe NYC, DC, Chicago  (that i know of)

yuh cyar walk to go nowhere in the US 'less it's next door. When ah was in studying in DC ah Grenadian pardnah now come up from Grenada tell we he passing to check we. De man living in Silver Spring, MD and we living close to Howard campus(for folks familiar wid the DC area allyuh know how far that is...a good 10 miles) yuh kno de man WALK to come and check we yes. Well boy man laugh for days, we want to know if he feel he still in Grenada. :rotfl:

Anyway ah like the idea, ah go forward it to everybody ah know.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 07:11:02 PM »
isnt their a state in america where there are free bikes all over the city?

and hey my plain may be far fetched but its better than the shit you see on south park and the shit dubadoo Bush have in place.. oh yea!

he doh have nutten inplace for this scenario!

he wants us to burn more fossil fule!

now hes a man with a vision!!!............. of destruction...

I bet my plain is better than anything Jorge Buche could come up with...  :rotfl:

and thats just sad.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 11:11:23 AM »
start a new campaign- GEORGE BUSH HAS GAS

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 11:24:33 AM »

yuh cyar walk to go nowhere in the US 'less it's next door. When ah was in studying in DC ah Grenadian pardnah now come up from Grenada tell we he passing to check we. De man living in Silver Spring, MD and we living close to Howard campus(for folks familiar wid the DC area allyuh know how far that is...a good 10 miles) yuh kno de man WALK to come and check we yes. Well boy man laugh for days, we want to know if he feel he still in Grenada. :rotfl:

Anyway ah like the idea, ah go forward it to everybody ah know.

Dais ah half day walk?? he real determined oui

He azz lucky it wasnt de dead of winter...I eh tink he woulda make 3 blocks before he turn back
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 11:24:57 AM »
de only place i walkin is on meh treadmill.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 02:14:18 PM »
Check snopes http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

Basic economics 101 says it won't work.

Assuming total demand stays the same. If you boycott one company, the demand on the other companies will go up and so will their price. It may bring Exxon/Mobil price down while there is no demand, but as soon as you go back, market will move and price will come back up.

The only way to reduce the price is to reduce overall demand. - drive less, drive more efficient cars, get a bike.

Besides nothing would stop Exxon/Mobil from selling their gas to other branded gas stations.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 02:29:15 PM »

Assuming total demand stays the same. If you boycott one company, the demand on the other companies will go up and so will their price. It may bring Exxon/Mobil price down while there is no demand, but as soon as you go back, market will move and price will come back up.

The only way to reduce the price is to reduce overall demand. - drive less, drive more efficient cars, get a bike.

Besides nothing would stop Exxon/Mobil from selling their gas to other branded gas stations.

Yuh nail it right dey, by boycotting certain gas station you only hurting primarrily independent franchisees

Exxon corp done make dey money waaay up de line at de wholesale level
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 03:38:34 PM »

Like I   said before; just spam/chain letters.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

1]; } ?>