April 17, 2024, 08:33:59 PM

Author Topic: Let me ask allyuh who hating ah serious question.  (Read 13838 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Let me ask allyuh who hating ah serious question.
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2006, 09:44:58 AM »
That stateme
I would pick Donovan and he would be the best player on the Soca Warriors 11 hands down.  At this point in time he is better than Dwight, Latas, Carlos, Stern everybody.

Rather than laughing this off I would would like you to explain the rationale behind this statement ?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2006, 09:52:46 AM »
That stateme
I would pick Donovan and he would be the best player on the Soca Warriors 11 hands down.  At this point in time he is better than Dwight, Latas, Carlos, Stern everybody.

Rather than laughing this off I would would like you to explain the rationale behind this statement ?

Donovan has been the best player on the US team since the last world cup.  Someone should ask Bruce Arena if he'd rather have a 34 year-old Yorke (who has been effectively neutralized everytime he's played against the US) or a 24 year-old Donovan who starred for the US in the 2002 World Cup and throughout the 2006 qualifiers and see what he thinks

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2006, 10:04:13 AM »
They are different teams and the players are used in different roles. I think it is unfair to compare the head to head performance of the teams in the context of they being at different levels of development.

In my opinion Latapy can do everything Donavon can do. I will concede that Latapy's speed and endurance does not matchup with Donavon's but I do believe he possesses qualities that compensate for this deficiency.

I don't think he's better than Yorke either.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2006, 10:07:48 AM »
Would have to take donovan over Glen...Donovan is a more complete player right now and would bring a lot more to the team than glen cud (at this current time). Don't like donovan one bit but hadda face it that he is one of the best US players. He has good vision and passin as can be seen from the ball he gave to glen.
Back in Trini...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2006, 10:08:12 AM »
Arena would not say he would take Rooney over Donovan.

Take the question to the extreme nah.

Would you trade the SocaWarriors for Sam's army......patriotism, nationality and all that jazz aside    ::)

The hating on the commentary was completely warranted.  Nobody need to defend themselves on that.
Hating on Donovan....completely understandable.  Not just becuase he is a yank but his personality is like one of those that people love to hate....like Kobe.

And I do not agree that we would have done the same thing.  That is selling us short.  I think it is quite the contrary and we tend to be alot more diplomatic and fair dealing with opponents....some say that is a weakness on our part.  Anybody who say the US commentary wasn't OVERLY bias...beyond normal need to wake up.

Sorry, can't put his nationality aside to answer the question.  Maybe if you said to play on a club side but not for the SocaWarriors....playing on that team is more than just ability.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2006, 10:08:56 AM »
we coulda neva get Landon Donovan to play fuh we
end of story

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2006, 10:17:43 AM »
I really don't see the issue here. Everybody knows that T&T fans will always hate US football. This sort of thing happens all over the world. Rivalries are good so long as things never get violent. If we hate US football we hate US football ! How different is that from Brazillians hating Argentine football? When Tevez went to Corinthians he made a statement about Maradona being the best ever that offended many Pele afficianados. The Scotts hate the English, the Dutch hate the Germans etc, etc.

Just cause u hate US football doesnt mean you cant objectively compare Donavan to Glen.

Corinthians fans love Tevez now.

However once Tevez put on a Argentina jersey is a diff story.  I not saying it cant spill over but those rivalries are more on a national than an individual level.

Trinidad and Jamaica are rivals but I sure many will agree that Gardner is better than Avery. (Or is it just me?)

I doubt Brazilians taking offense to Maradona being considered better than Pele is strictly a Brazil v Argentina thing. If Tevez and Maradona were Trinidadian it probably would have offended people too.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2006, 10:23:40 AM »
They are different teams and the players are used in different roles. I think it is unfair to compare the head to head performance of the teams in the context of they being at different levels of development.

In my opinion Latapy can do everything Donavon can do. I will concede that Latapy's speed and endurance does not matchup with Donavon's but I do believe he possesses qualities that compensate for this deficiency.

I don't think he's better than Yorke either.

You are comparing Donovan to the Yorke and Latapy of the past...talking about Latapy can do everything that Donovan can do except he's not as fit and fast.....EXACTLY !!! Fitness and speed are huge assets in the game......what's your point ? We're not talking about Yorke in his prime...or Latapy at his prime......we're talking about now....

and Latapy's other qualities do not compensate, otherwise he'd be running 90 mins for T&T.......and he'd be playing at a better team than Falkirk....This is not an indictment on Latas...Latas is king, but he is 37....it's that simple.....and Yorke is over the hill as well......

In terms of ability at their prime Latapy is better player than Donovan, hands down.. and so is Yorke......but now ? Donovan is far more valuable than Latapy right now....and I hate to say it, but he is as capable if not more capable than Yorke presently as well........

I am no Donovan fan, and I might never admit this in an ole talk argument with an American just for the sake of National pride and gun talk....but amongst Trinis plain talk eh no bad manners......a player of Donovan's ability would be the go-to guy on our National team.........
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:29:49 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2006, 10:26:27 AM »
Would have to take donovan over Glen...Donovan is a more complete player right now and would bring a lot more to the team than glen cud (at this current time). Don't like donovan one bit but hadda face it that he is one of the best US players. He has good vision and passin as can be seen from the ball he gave to glen.
I had the impression that Donovan wanted to go for it. Glen had pulled away from his marker to the right of Donovan, where he could have played him through. When Glen realized Donovans intention, he made the run across the defense to free up space for Donovan to attack, and ran into an even better space on the weak side. The delivery of the pass was more difficult, than seeing it. So I would conclude that Glen made it happen ... he made it easy for Donovan. :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2006, 10:28:21 AM »
Nah Kicker not at all... not at all....

you making it sound like the US/Donovan hate was de only reason men jump on the commentary....

Thanks FF. I am probably not as up to date on the thread as others but I didn't see any "standard" US hating.

Also this kind of biased, fawning commentary... de US do not have a monopoly on dat at all... yuh ever heard of de english Clive Tydesly .... Man U men go know... dat man sickening

As a United fan I could tell yuh that Tydesly (sp) is awful. Nont one game will pass by wher he will not mention "that magical night in Barcelona"

This thread real jokey..only me , andre and kicker answer truetrini original question yes.

To me the answer ios obvious so I didn't mention it. DOnovan will get pick and as arrow say he would be the best player on the side.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006, 10:36:27 AM »
I really don't see the issue here. Everybody knows that T&T fans will always hate US football. This sort of thing happens all over the world. Rivalries are good so long as things never get violent. If we hate US football we hate US football ! How different is that from Brazillians hating Argentine football? When Tevez went to Corinthians he made a statement about Maradona being the best ever that offended many Pele afficianados. The Scotts hate the English, the Dutch hate the Germans etc, etc.

Just cause u hate US football doesnt mean you cant objectively compare Donavan to Glen.

Corinthians fans love Tevez now.

However once Tevez put on a Argentina jersey is a diff story.  I not saying it cant spill over but those rivalries are more on a national than an individual level.

Trinidad and Jamaica are rivals but I sure many will agree that Gardner is better than Avery. (Or is it just me?)

I doubt Brazilians taking offense to Maradona being considered better than Pele is strictly a Brazil v Argentina thing. If Tevez and Maradona were Trinidadian it probably would have offended people too.

Sorry about that one. I didn't answer the question. I think Donavon is a better player then Glen.

I got lost in what was in my opinion the disgust for T&T fans hating US footall. As if its wrong or something.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 10:39:14 AM »
Nah Kicker not at all... not at all....

you making it sound like the US/Donovan hate was de only reason men jump on the commentary....

Thanks FF. I am probably not as up to date on the thread as others but I didn't see any "standard" US hating.

Fair enough

maybe not "standard".......whatever that means......

if one can't sense any undertone of Trini-US-Donovan griping in that thread, then I'll concede that it was just my imagination.......
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:43:05 AM by kicker »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 10:44:15 AM »
Kicker

This post just make man realise that if Donovan currently better than all we players..............we side real good boy!  ;D

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 10:47:38 AM »
Kicker

This post just make man realise that if Donovan currently better than all we players..............we side real good boy!  ;D

haha...thing is, just because Donovan might be better than most/all our players, doesn't necessarily extrapolate that we couldn't handle him in a head to head match......

Ronaldinho could walk on any side in the world...doesn't mean that Brazil or Barcelona is invincible.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006, 10:51:07 AM »
You studying me...

I on kicks with all these sensitive people on board!

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:54:55 AM by Touches »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »
Kicker

This post just make man realise that if Donovan currently better than all we players..............we side real good boy;D

aye.... is not "ah side" anymore... we have a team... and dat team could be world beaters!!  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2006, 10:58:38 AM »
IN truth FF

we graduate from...... Tin pot outfit......to dem fellahs.....to side........to team.

Now Bomb squad status.....considering we players retiring, we under 21s getting whet from Haiti and we under 17s cyar score a goal in a Youth Tornament.

We go have to wait a REEEEEEEAAALLLLLL long time for that.  :devil:

For now I go be happy with a team.

p.s........look how we hijack TT thread nah.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:00:28 AM by Touches »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2006, 11:59:28 AM »
I watch the galaxy game on Sat.
Donovan eh look special.
His best asset is speed.
Cornell eh look too great in the game yet had two good finishes. I even think he mis-kick the second but it still went in d goal.
The commentators all over Donovan d*__ so don't always believe the reports. He wasn't that special on the night

As a side note he is also a better crosser and dead ball kicker than anyone we have on our side so he would actually be the key player on our team if we had him.
Noone in our team can deliver a ball  with pace and curl like he does.
I think I gonna start a popst about that
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2006, 01:05:35 PM »
Wait nah, If I remember correctly it's the quality of the pass that brings out a quality finish and vice versa.

truetrini

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2006, 01:06:39 PM »
Donovan eh look special.
His best asset is speed.
Cornell eh look too great in the game yet had two good finishes. I even think he mis-kick the second but it still went in d goal.
The commentators all over Donovan d*__ so don't always believe the reports. He wasn't that special on the night

As a side note he is also a better crosser and dead ball kicker than anyone we have on our side so he would actually be the key player on our team if we had him.

Go see ah eye doctor..or get ah anntennae fuh yuh TV.

Donavan was de BEST player on de fuh he side and prob on de best on de field.

I doh like he personally, but he is ah very good baller.

Man saying dat he playing in de MLS and he eh good odderwise he woulda be in Europe...well what dat say about Glen?

Speed fuh speed me wh know who faster..but ah know dat Landon real fit and does run full game..at top speed too.

Cyar say dat bout NO T&T player...none!  Not even de super fit Yorke.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2006, 01:08:51 PM »

yuh know him personally or ?  ;D

truetrini

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2006, 01:22:52 PM »

yuh know him personally or ?  ;D

Nah ah shoulda say I doh like him because Kicker doh like him?

:devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2006, 01:29:03 PM »

Nah ah shoulda say I doh like him because Kicker doh like him?

:devil:

well if I had the ability to influence people like that....and if I actually said that, that would be cool.....otherwise, how you feel about him personally will suffice...jk  :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 01:31:25 PM by kicker »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2006, 03:03:01 PM »
I doh like no USA players and yes, is hate. But i spend nuff time in the Oval/Stadium getting licks to build a healthy hatred. And it have no giving jack he jacket. USA could win the world cup and they would still be a shit side to me. Just like Fatima is a shit squad of rare and odious shittiness.

That being said, the commentary thing is somethign I've noticed more and more over the past few years. A guy like Martin Tyler will call whatever he see on the field, end of story. And plenty of us grow up seeing that and expecting that.  But we also grow up seeing NBA coverage where everytime magic or Jordon make a layup Marv (bite them in the..) acting like is the greatest shot of all time.

Now you seeing it on FSW and GolTV and ABC/ESPN. The fool who does colour commentary on La Liga. He does be having orgasms every time Ronaldino touch the ball. He used to sweat Zidane, but now he have a new love. Is the fact that it out of context and that other men on the field doing similar things, and that Martin Tyler would never get on so that make it that much more grating.

And when you do see something truly great, they done spend so much time shouting that it gets lost in the rush. Is best they put Sedley Joseph on.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2006, 03:15:19 PM »
Donovan eh look special.
His best asset is speed.

Man saying dat he playing in de MLS and he eh good odderwise he woulda be in Europe...well what dat say about Glen?

Speed fuh speed me wh know who faster..but ah know dat Landon real fit and does run full game..at top speed too.

I watch d man try to beat and get jam a good few times.
His "assist" to cornell for the first goals wasn't no dred assist. IIt looked as much look as skill
His second assist was very good.
Yorke eh look superfit in a while if you ask me.

Actually, without goin into specifics,
I disagree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with your entire post.
By the way we don't use antennas.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2006, 03:15:53 PM »
If you had one (1) place on the Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors team, and two men to choose from.

1.  Landon Donavan
2.  Cornell Glen

I feel you all over analyzing. The player I would choose would be Glen. Why? Because he would adapt to the way we play much quicker than Donovan would. See as a coach you would not just look at the individual to the team, but at the team to the individual also. In this case Glen would be the best person to compliment the TRINIDAD and TOBAGO SOCA WARRIORS.

Yes Donovan deficiencies which he has now will be hidden playing with our team because he would be technically superior, but new deficiencies would be exposed by him playing with us. His inability to play the small sided game within the bigger game would be exposed.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2006, 04:06:31 PM »

I watch d man try to beat and get jam a good few times.

hahahaha...that is a real Trini analysis of a man's performance

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2006, 04:38:01 PM »
That stateme

Donovan has been the best player on the US team since the last world cup.  Someone should ask Bruce Arena if he'd rather have a 34 year-old Yorke (who has been effectively neutralized everytime he's played against the US) or a 24 year-old Donovan who starred for the US in the 2002 World Cup and throughout the 2006 qualifiers and see what he thinks

Do you really think that Yorke would be shut down with the current team?  Maybe on the BSC team or the Beenhakker team before Latapy, but the team from Mexico onwards?  You have to be joking.  
Further you cannot compare Donovan to Stern - plain and simple.  Look at the stats please.  The only active duty footballer IN THE WORLD that has such a high score rate (with mess or brilliance as midfield service - mostly mess) is Stern John.
Next, be wise, don't compare Donovan to Latapy.  I am sure that you could compare some no-name footballer to Pele and say that he is better just because he is younger.  For that matter you could say that Arena would pick Donovan over Pele today, but really, that is not an argument.  
The fact is that young Donovan IS STILL NOT a better player than 37 year old Latapy - and yes Latapy CAN STILL play for 90 minutes (remember Mexico?).

Please do not diss our players with your set of mis-information.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2006, 04:42:08 PM »
Latapy cannot play 90mins at WC level partner....read the thread bout beenie interview and he said Latapy himself admits that...dont be blinded by yuh patriotism
Back in Trini...

truetrini

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »
Donovan eh look special.
His best asset is speed.

truetrini i was waiting for you and others to go here(if this one so good,how come they not in europe)
first of lemme answer your question..I would choose Glen...because of his thustyness to get better and work on his deficiencies as a player/striker..even though his confidence is BOOMING right now due to the goals he scored..he has admitted to me and to himself that he played sh%t on saturday..poor finishing..lack of composure etc. and intends to address these issues.

Now about what i started my post about...Cornell has english representation in de agent department for a while now and english teams have been knocking on his door for QUITE some time..matching and in some cases making his mls salary look like pocket change to accquire his services...inspite of this..HE has choosen to remain playing in the 'so called' sh%t league..because personally he feels that he's not ready for that BIG step yet(europe) and still has some fine tuning in his game to do.cause he refuses to be one those players that makes that step and then goes over there and sh%ts on himself..as for the other player mentioned in this thread...i don't know if he had similar reasons for choosing the mls over bayern munich...but..from the research that i've done it seems that financial persuasion had alot to do with his choice,also the fact that he knew with the likes of Ballack and others around he wouldn't see much playing time...which leads be back to my original comments Glen..Glen and more Glen ;D

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee

What yuh say eh make ah lick ah sense.

He want to improve so he decided to stay in ah inferior league, with inferior players to improve he game before moving abroad.

makes as much sense to me as triniman dating a supermodel.

steups. 

I like Glen, I was an advocate fuh de man from long..but doh blow smoke up meh arse nah fella.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 05:33:48 PM by truetrini »

1]; } ?>