April 28, 2024, 07:17:17 AM

Author Topic: $1 million a month for Beenie & Co.  (Read 2741 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: $1 million a month for Beenie & Co.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 02:41:29 PM »
Wheyyyyyyyy.  I realize that is the price tag of a "quality" technical staff but I do not necessarily agree with such an investment into one sport in a developing country.  It is almost impossible to sustain outside of a World Cup qualifying year and for the most part dooms us to starting all over again once this campaign is completed.  I temper my initial statement by also realizing that if BSC was still in charge at a cheaper rate, Germany would not be a possibility (plain talk bad manners).  Hopefully Beenie Man & Co. pull us through.  I want to see the red, white and black on the world stage come Germany 2006 but I question at what price...................

By the way, I did not get from that piece who paying the bill.  Is it Jack? 
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 02:51:40 PM »
I wonder what kind of returns will we get on this investment?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 03:27:07 PM »
I dun say all wha I had too on this issue..yet many here (who can afford internet) think this is the way to go.. ..I continue to support the team, under protest at this exhobitant cost... Getting to WC is not that important to me.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 04:25:49 PM »
if DAT is true....no wonder dey want people tuh sen tex  :'( :)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 04:58:51 PM »
I dun say all wha I had too on this issue..yet many here (who can afford internet) think this is the way to go.. ..I continue to support the team, under protest at this exhobitant cost... Getting to WC is not that important to me.

Maxg At times i really want to consider you as an intelligent fella. But your above remark selling you short. I can understand arrow taking that view from the JW press conference but either you are as simple as arrow or disengenuous.

First off if that is the cost it is to cover allthings technical. This would include Beenie man and his entourage plus the local entourage and the players local and overseas.

Another thing quality help in international football is expensive. When you want a Bertille type team then hire a bertille type coach and go nowhere. But if you want to take on the world you hire a world beater and go somewhere.

Trinidadians are too small minded thats why almost everything we have goes nowhere until an outside force takes over. Hence your support under protest. You are small minded and cant see the big picture. This is the big picture. We looking for world recognition we have to be willing to pay for this. Nothing of value comes frree or cheap. I know that corbeau cant eat spongecake but at least try you might be able to train your stomach and realise that it is much better than rotten meat you are accustomed to.

If going to WC is not that important to you then find something that is and stick to it. But please realise that to many of us it is and we see nothing wrong with the price JW is quoting which, if i know JW well , is  surely an embellishment of the true price right now. It cost serious countries about three times that amount and some of them dont have our gdp.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 05:35:41 PM »
I can understand arrow taking that view from the JW press conference but either you are as simple as arrow or disengenuous.

You know me?  Who de f#$K are you?  Haul yuh mudder c&%t!

Of course you see nothing wrong with the price Jack Warner is quoting, because you are not paying one blasted cent of it.  But that's ok, you should save your money and buy yourself some friends.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 05:45:07 PM »
It is quite possible that Jack spicing up the story a little.  I am not doubting it cost a lot to prepare the team.  Paying salaries to Leo and his entourage will be definitely expensive based on Leo's track record.  In addition to the salaries, all the other costs associated with the team can surely add up to $ 1 million a month TT.  However, I don't see the need of the players travelling first class especially when they are not playing first class football.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005, 05:49:37 PM »
I can understand arrow taking that view from the JW press conference but either you are as simple as arrow or disengenuous.

You know me?  Who de f#$K are you?  Haul yuh mudder c&%t!

Of course you see nothing wrong with the price Jack Warner is quoting, because you are not paying one blasted cent of it.  But that's ok, you should save your money and buy yourself some friends.

Well arrow you just prove my point. Dumb as an ox Trini I never had to do anything to know you but read your contributions. Tell me so yuh relly think Beenie getting $1 million a monht? Dumb joker....phew....regards anyhow.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 06:52:45 PM »
Sub1 I could never achieve your intelligence bro. I don't know me, so you have no clue, how stupid I really am. Let me inform you and everyone else for you all to know. I am :D
So whatever I write, if I was you , I wouldn't even read...So now you know the truth..ah guess, yuh could boast to yuh friends how yuh expose meh....enjoy eh
Oh since yuh know, and obviously I don't, tell meh  how
"We looking for world recognition we have to be willing to pay for this"
Is the most Important thing which will benefit, all us small minded Trinis, nah?  Shim, if Manning and dem only had access to your brilliance, dey coulda forget all bout investing, developing the country, especially other sports eh...They should just throw all our gdp(wha dat mean anyway), behind this WC campaign, and just to make sure they should send for
 Jose Mourinho, and give he some gdp (sound good boy) too. As Chelsea season done, and after all this is the most Important thing that could happen to we lil small minded Trinis, even if we to chupid to know it...
Ah know yuh go staighten all ah we out, once yuh get the post of Prime Minister, yuh so rightly deserve....meh ent diggin (scuse meh  poor use and spellin of anglais, eh..I doh live in England or Trini...Canada dun corrupt me) ....thanks for yuh response

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 09:30:47 PM »
that one million dollars is not for beenie and his two men alone, it is for the campaign per month!!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2005, 10:10:42 PM »
Plane Ticket           
Bizness Class
London(Rnd Trip)
# of
UK Players
          Trips per       
month
Total Bling
$20,000
$300,000

It would help if they would just present the figures for everybody.
Just show the numbers and show some organization instead of talking.

1]; } ?>