April 28, 2024, 09:34:26 PM

Author Topic: Let me ask allyuh who hating ah serious question.  (Read 13950 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Let me ask allyuh who hating ah serious question.
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2006, 07:25:22 AM »

In fact I doh believe the majority ah T&T football fans dislike America...because ah football at all..I with Kicker on dat point.

And nothing is wrong with that either.
In any case the US is too big a country with too many different faces to say people hate them as a whole.  They hate many things about them.  If the things they dislike outweigh the things they like they say....I doh like dem.
Anything wrong with that?

Many football rivalries have origins outside of football (often political)....so like I say, it doesn't really matter why you have a football grudge...

What Truetrini is getting at is that when people try to articulate and justify why they dislike the U.S., they end up sounding like fools, alotta times because they state reasons that they could state for any other team/country.....and alotta times because they try to sound knowlegeable about things they don't know the first thing about......and in the end, they just cop out and disguise all of their often ill-guided & biased feelings under the Nov 19th umbrella.......

So TT is just callin' such people out

So dcs, the point that you made earlier is valid...... you don't need to "justify" the rivalry.....in fact, you might be better off just chalkin' it up to an unjustified grudge, that just is what it is.....no one can challenge that.....if you go beyond that, you (people in general) might just end up sounding alot dumber that you intended.......
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 07:27:46 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2006, 08:14:58 AM »
[

Many football rivalries have origins outside of football (often political)....so like I say, it doesn't really matter why you have a football grudge...

What Truetrini is getting at is that when people try to articulate and justify why they dislike the U.S., they end up sounding like fools, alotta times because they state reasons that they could state for any other team/country.....and alotta times because they try to sound knowlegeable about things they don't know the first thing about......and in the end, they just cop out and disguise all of their often ill-guided & biased feelings under the Nov 19th umbrella.......

It also might be the holier than thou dismissive attitude of their coach and some of thier players
That level of arrogance may work to give them a mental edge...but to the recipient it is grindingly irritating

Especially in light of the fact that they dont have much of a footballing history to 'carry' the arrogance.
Brazilian football is considered the best, but to my knowledge they never have that arrogance of media sound bites from coaches or players.

I'm sure there are smaller islands in the carribbean that are as equally irritated by the arrogance of Trini supporters

Some of it may be political like you said, people simply just understand and acknowledge when Argentina take de field vs England it does be effin WAR!!!,,partly because of de Maradonna hand incident,,but moreso because of the Falklands issue

Some of it may be purely irrational...kinda like the reason ah man CANNOT walk down any street in Boston wearin ah New York Yankees striped Juzzy...not even ah hat self

I doh hate de u.s....but I dislike dey football team, because even at Int'l level dey does still call it USSoccer
Plus as we does say..'.mih blood jus eh take dem'

Perception is reality
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2006, 08:27:40 AM »
Nah Kicker not at all... not at all....

you making it sound like the US/Donovan hate was de only reason men jump on the commentary....

Dem men went OVERBOARD rite dey... and dat is de real reason why men cyah stand US/Donovan/US commentary...

all dey had was to say was... great goal... and GREAT pass... wonderfully weighted... good vision.... but them like dey couldnt wait to "break" on dey self and run down on de pitch to shower donovan with praises and gifts...

and dis is not a one off... their commentary in de last world cup... WCQ and all up to de Jamaica game last week leaves alot to be desired...

Also this kind of biased, fawning commentary... de US do not have a monopoly on dat at all... yuh ever heard of de english Clive Tydesly .... Man U men go know... dat man sickening

p.s. ah so shame so i ent go type it.... I go pick L....

not the only reason....but a major part of it......

A major part of it as well, was the fact that Glenn scored the goal.....if it were another striker (an american for eg....we wouldn't care as much)....that's why I say it's not just the commentary......

like I say iz no scene to me....I agree the commentary on that goal was bad.....and it struck a sensitive nerve in me too,....... one because I like Cornell Glenn and two, because to me the finish was class.....(notice I always use "we"....I don't fully abscond myself from the Trini bias...iz our nature)

but lewwe not sugar coat our intentions and make it sound like all of a sudden we have this strong ethical conscience about biased commentary............you and I know better.
Kicker....

Why you so....if yuh know what I saying.

Or is it you wanted me to read and spell for the benefit of those who couldnt comprehend the question.

;D

Kicker I don't understand why you feel the need to harp on our biasness.

I bet on the US Soccer website they dismissing Cornell and praising Landon right now. Why don't you go there and argue with them.

This is SW.net. If there was any place for people to be bias about our team, then it is HERE.

I want Cornell on my team. F@#K all them US players.
TnT Patriot

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2006, 08:55:19 AM »

I bet on the US Soccer website they dismissing Cornell and praising Landon right now. Why don't you go there and argue with them.

This is SW.net. If there was any place for people to be bias about our team, then it is HERE.

I eh arguin' wid anyone boss, I eh dis nobody, and notice I always use the word "we" which means that I include myself in the bias..................so I'm not sure where you're coming from......

I was exchanging a view with JDB & FF.....that's all.....sorry if SW.net is not the place for that...

You soundin like your head hot, but yuh barkin' up de wrong tree........ras-peck
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 08:59:10 AM by kicker »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2006, 09:15:44 AM »

Ok kicker.

Well diss dem or something...prove yuh not a double agent    ;D

You sounding like an under-cover CIA   lol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2006, 09:22:29 AM »

Ok kicker.

Well diss dem or something...prove yuh not a double agent    ;D

You sounding like an under-cover CIA   lol

ssshhh !!! it have real $$ in this business......I just wanna eat like everybody else  :beermug:

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2006, 09:42:21 AM »

I eh arguin' wid anyone boss, I eh dis nobody, and notice I always use the word "we" which means that I include myself in the bias..................so I'm not sure where you're coming from......

I was exchanging a view with JDB & FF.....that's all.....sorry if SW.net is not the place for that...

You soundin like your head hot, but yuh barkin' up de wrong tree........ras-peck
Nah dred no hothead here.

I think that we as Trinis are sometimes to concilliatory to our opponents and give them too much respect. Sportsmanship is not only about friendly attitudes but also includes those times when we have to fight.

Historically, we are good at the former but not the latter. Remember how good we treated the yankies in 1989!

One thing I noticed about the yardies is that they fight from start to finish. I think that if we as  a people can adopt some more of that attitude, our sports teams will benefit.

That's why we should be upset at the commentators approach. This is not really about Donovan vs Glen. It is about us accepting disrespect.
TnT Patriot

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2006, 10:12:40 AM »

Nah dred no hothead here.

I think that we as Trinis are sometimes to concilliatory to our opponents and give them too much respect. Sportsmanship is not only about friendly attitudes but also includes those times when we have to fight.

Historically, we are good at the former but not the latter. Remember how good we treated the yankies in 1989!

One thing I noticed about the yardies is that they fight from start to finish. I think that if we as  a people can adopt some more of that attitude, our sports teams will benefit.

That's why we should be upset at the commentators approach. This is not really about Donovan vs Glen. It is about us accepting disrespect.

point taken  :beermug:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2006, 10:14:58 AM »
Kicker eh lying!

Defend yuh country..yes!  But why denigrate another becasue of falsities?

The reason I put jamaica and CR dey is because I KNOW dey using 1989 as ah scapegoat!

Nutten more nutten less.

Ask the average football fan why dey dislike US ball yuh go get ah plethora ah excuses from Iraq tuh football tuh yankee cockiness.

The trute is people like tuh root fuh de underdogs..and bash the top dog.

I prefer tuh hate on Mexico anyday.

dem call we niggers, spit on we players (ask Angus Eve).

In fact I doh believe the majority ah T&T football fans dislike America...because ah football at all..I with Kicker on dat point.

Also it is my belief that many NEW T&T football fans (age or waggonists) doh know nutten about Haiti because dey jes arrive.

In fact not one ah those who hate USA can explain why dem must take full blame for de 1989 FIASCO.

Why not de TTFA now TTFF?

Dem send de players in de country, had dem ride maxi tuh de game, stop in ah church etc.  causing ah bunch ah uptight and tight players for de most crucial game in the country's history fuh ah long time!

Face de facts

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Truetrini why yuh doh hush and leave we with we scapegoat please  :-X

We like we scapegoat
We want we scapegoat
We NEED we scapegoat  :'(

Please and thanks  ;D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 10:18:37 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2006, 05:53:15 PM »

In a recent interview Gally said the team decided to stay at forest reserve as they did not want to change from their normal routine.

We lost that game because the US scored and we did not.  No excuses.

truetrini

« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2006, 07:09:28 PM »

In a recent interview Gally said the team decided to stay at forest reserve as they did not want to change from their normal routine.

We lost that game because the US scored and we did not.  No excuses.

well fella if yuh know de whole story yuh woukd know is ah whole lot more tuh it dan dat.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2006, 09:54:04 PM »
West Coast go and get the book by player author  Marlon Morris.

The historic attempt of Trinidad and Tobago to qualify for the 1990 World Cup in Italy.

If the warriors had meh in they training camp I woulda write a best book just so...

But for now alyuh print out meh match reports.........hrm  $$$ maybe with some editing I might have a money spinner here.

The Warriors on their way to Germany.....Ehy if I get them match report and fix them up alyuh would buy it!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>