April 28, 2024, 06:05:01 PM

Author Topic: Juan Roman Riquelme Best in the World?  (Read 7316 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Juan Roman Riquelme Best in the World?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2006, 07:35:15 PM »
he really is a class act, but to say he is de best takin it a bit to far, i believe once he has de right players around him he`ll really show his class.

de world cup is de man time to shine

;D

just read a quote from Tacchinardi who described Riquleme as Zidane 5 years ago. Not a thing to take lightly from someone who has played with them both. Zidane 5 years ago was the world´s best footballer !

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 03:02:28 AM »
Riquelme up there punching with Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Henry...

Only reason he didnt succeed at Barca was under that lame goat coach Louis Van Gaal..  When 3 quarters of the side were sh$*thound past-their-prime dutchmen like reizeger, cocu, overmars, kluivert etc... Also Riquelme is a man need to be running the show and they wanted xavi for that, so everybody find he was too slow, but he just didn't fit that system...

But anyone who saw him back in his boca days would know he is a boss long time now....

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 01:11:36 PM »
Ah was just reading all de threads, and ah wasn't going tuh post anything. But when ah see dat post about Riqueleme, ah had tuh jump in. Riquelme is ah good player, but he not in Ronaldinho class, doh get it twisted.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 01:19:59 PM »
blasphemy!!!

cocu might have been past his prime a few years ago but the man is stil a good footballer, look at what he dis with psv last year (and to some extent still doing).  kluivert was still doing it 3, 4 years ago, i don't agree with you there. as for reiziger, and overmars you may be right about them.  as for mr riguelme being better than ronaldinho i only saw them play against each other once and that was in the confed cup final, i think the buck toothed baller won that round.   that's not to say that one is better than the other, they have two contrasting styles

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
BEST 5 PLAYERS IN THE WORLD?
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 02:48:25 PM »
BIG TOPIC IN A WORLD CUP YEAR

Uprising 5 (jes off the top of my head):

Ronaldinho - killer, vision, touches fuh days
Riquelme - vision, will embarrass yuh ... might be maradona son!
Rooney - pitbull (nuff said)
Eto'o - complete striker
Deco - great decisions in the middle

Remember the term "Top" is relative folks ...doh leh we get too nasty!!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 05:24:46 PM »
in his boca years he was one of the best   ;D

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 06:32:11 PM »

still is ...you only have to watch the game tomorrow !
Sure he has the personality of a shoe box but when the whistle blows everyone soon realises who is in charge.
Just read the comments of Henri. Wenger, fergusson, Pelligrini, Pekerman etc. there is one name that they all respect...juan roman riquelme !

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 10:15:26 PM »

still is ...you only have to watch the game tomorrow !
Sure he has the personality of a shoe box but when the whistle blows everyone soon realises who is in charge.
Just read the comments of Henri. Wenger, fergusson, Pelligrini, Pekerman etc. there is one name that they all respect...juan roman riquelme !

I like Riquelme, and I think he is enormously talented. But his biggest limitation seems to be that he has to be the focal point of whatever team he plays in. Look at how Argentina's football has changed now that Pekerman is coach. He has designed a team around Juan Roman. If he has a bad day, chances are Argentina will too. At Boca he was King. Now, I am no Van Gaal fan, but I feel his problem with Riquelme was that he was not interested in a team that relied too heavily on one player to pull the strings. That is one of the reasons why Van Gaal and Rivaldo fell out big time....Riquleme did not fail at Barca because he was not good enough, but becasue he is the kind of player who has to be the all or nothing. Just an observation...maybe I'm off by a mile, but I really don't see Riquelme playing in a team like Milan, Barca etc..where there can be as many as 2 or 3 top class playmakers on the field at the same time...any thoughts on that Jai

1]; } ?>