March 29, 2024, 07:05:07 AM

Author Topic: Juan Roman Riquelme Best in the World?  (Read 7214 times)

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
Juan Roman Riquelme Best in the World?
« on: July 14, 2005, 01:37:47 PM »
Any takers?  The man is nice on the ball good decisions and around the goal looks like he could score everytime..

Plus he resemble Maradona..
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Juan Roman Riquelme Best in the World?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 01:48:49 PM »
He was ONE of the best for the 2004 - 2005 season, he has to lead his team to titiles or perform like this season after season to be considered one of the best in his position. Midfielders like Ronaldihno, Lampard, Gerrard, Zidane can be considered in that elite group because they perform consistently season after season. This is only Riquelme's break out season.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 01:51:42 PM »
Riquelme had a good season and played very well in the Confed Cup but that is not enough to say he is the best in the world.  I think he has moved up to another level in his play but definitely not the best in the world.  Ronaldinho, Zidane, Ballack are just a few who are better than him. 

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 02:06:33 PM »
True true...all points well taken.  Definitely a good player to watch for years to come..so many world class players ..so few from my land, T and T ...
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 02:24:02 PM »
ronaldinho hands down

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 07:52:48 PM »
best in de world is a strange statment....but juan roman is a class act....actually dat brizilian-born mexican zinha have some talent too.......alexander klegb...ex stutgart ....now arsenal and belarus
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 11:01:55 PM »
Most versatile--Gerard.  Can score, play anywhere on the pitch, and have heart, with some touches and skill.  Everybody want him.  Riquelme is doing well at the moment, but he needs about three more seasons at that level to be considered elite.  RIght now, he have Aimar on the bench for Argentina, so he must be doing something right.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 12:05:13 AM »
Gerard.  Another Beckham.  Jus a lot of hype because he English.

Doh get meh wrong...he is a good player.  Jus like Beckham is a good player. But he eh what allyuh makin him out to be.  Jes like wha dey do wit Beckham.  Jes like dey trin to do wit Lampard.

Of de English brigade, Rooney have de goods.  De ress are good players....but best in the world?  Not even close.  Allyuh try watchin someting other than EPL sometimes nah.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 10:10:13 AM »
ronaldinho is d bes
riquelme not close
if he was really better barcelona would have kept him rather than sell him to Villareal

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 10:42:20 AM »
Gerard. Another Beckham. Jus a lot of hype because he English.

Doh get meh wrong...he is a good player. Jus like Beckham is a good player. But he eh what allyuh makin him out to be. Jes like wha dey do wit Beckham. Jes like dey trin to do wit Lampard.

Of de English brigade, Rooney have de goods. De ress are good players....but best in the world? Not even close. Allyuh try watchin someting other than EPL sometimes nah.

Well said Palos.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 11:19:44 AM »
Riquelme is a deadest but he have nuttin on Ronaldinho
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 09:39:11 PM »
He was ONE of the best for the 2004 - 2005 season, he has to lead his team to titiles or perform like this season after season to be considered one of the best in his position. Midfielders like Ronaldihno, Lampard, Gerrard, Zidane can be considered in that elite group because they perform consistently season after season. This is only Riquelme's break out season.

Break out season? Anybody whos watch football have to know Riquelme as a big player for a while now.

Before Riquelme's move to Barca he was one of the biggest players in South America. Was the 2001 South American player of the year. Led Boca to Apertura and Copa Libertadores titles. Led Boca to victory against Real Madrid in the 2000 Intercontinental Cup.

The only glitch in his career was the move to Barca. He didnt fit in so they let him go to Villareal and now they probably wondering if it was a mistake.

Riquelme is not no new name. He had a good chance of playing in the 2002 cup if it wasnt for injuries he had in the lead up to the tournament.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 02:19:39 AM »
Fuh real dwn.  Check out dis link.

CLICK HERE  Go to de last video called Riquelme Nice Trick & click on download..

Is a zip file so once yuh download it, save it somewhere on yuh hard drive and den unzip it.  Put yuh media player to repeat.  Lil convoluted but worth it.

As a man say, if a man do dat to me....ah kickin he dong, ref give meh a red card, and ah retirin from football on de spot.  But ah guarantee dah man eh playin fuh a few games well.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 02:35:06 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Requelma
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 12:08:50 PM »
Dat youth remind me of a young Zidane. He smooth too bad and he have some little touches that does embarass man.
Arsenal go struggle to stop him, if they foul him is deadly freekick coming dem way.  I really looking forward to this game. Senderos better tighten he jock strap becuase, Villareal players eh Juventus players, dem like to pick up and run at people.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 12:17:14 PM »
Riquelme is a boss. It go be a nice match up between Villareal and Arsenal but Villareal go be missing there centre back Gonzalo for the rest of the season.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 12:17:43 PM »
i just want him take argentina to de final. :praying:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 12:30:25 PM »

CLICK HERE  Go to de last video called Riquelme Nice Trick & click on download..

Is a zip file so once yuh download it, save it somewhere on yuh hard drive and den unzip it.  Put yuh media player to repeat.  Lil convoluted but worth it.

As a man say, if a man do dat to me....ah kickin he dong, ref give meh a red card, and ah retirin from football on de spot.  But ah guarantee dah man eh playin fuh a few games well.

is this where he screen de ball on the line and as de defender rush een (hot and sweaty) .... he juss roll it backward thru de man leg??

If so I agree with u Palos
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 12:46:51 PM »
Riquelme getting old...
you late boy uprising
he has been a big force in midfield for the couple past years!!!
he still good but not as fit as he was a few years ago

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 12:49:37 PM »

is this where he screen de ball on the line and as de defender rush een (hot and sweaty) .... he juss roll it backward thru de man leg??

If so I agree with u Palos

Yes bredda that deserve a kick dong in trute, but the only ting is that he do it so fast that the defender couldn't even try to grab him because he was gone already   :rotfl:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 01:00:43 PM »
Any takers?  The man is nice on the ball good decisions and around the goal looks like he could score everytime..

Plus he resemble Maradona..

FIRE BUN ALL ARGENTINIANS >:( :flamethrower:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »
best in de world is a strange statment....but juan roman is a class act....actually dat brizilian-born mexican zinha have some talent too.......alexander klegb...ex stutgart ....now arsenal and belarus

yeah big mag, yuh talk it dey,klegb does run some nice ball!ronaldhino win by far, then totti(although he injured).
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 01:10:31 PM »
Nah i agree that Gerad is prob the most versitile midfielder out there... wha allyuh think bout De La Pena? (cyah remember which Spanish club he wit now, buh he used to play for Lazio in 98/99) I see him play wit he spanish club bout 2 mths ago and d man look as close to a latapy as i've ever seen a player... great vision, dribbling and passing. D only difference to latas is that he bald head and white.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 01:12:39 PM by vibetrini »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 01:20:38 PM »
Nah i agree that Gerad is prob the most versitile midfielder out there... wha allyuh think bout De La Pena? (cyah remember which Spanish club he wit now, buh he used to play for Lazio in 98/99) I see him play wit he spanish club bout 2 mths ago and d man look as close to a latapy as i've ever seen a player... great vision, dribbling and passing. D only difference to latas is that he bald head and white.

De La Pena is a boss........I think he plays for Espanyol
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 01:39:04 PM »
Wayne Rooney!

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 01:51:50 PM »
I remember in Maradonna Testimonial game. after he score. Maradonna take off his shirt and had on a Riquelme jersey.
ronaldinho is d bes
riquelme not close
if he was really better barcelona would have kept him rather than sell him to Villareal

The coach didnt want to play that kind of football.....Riquelme is not a fast pace football player...is more build up play.....so because they didnt keep him that dont mean anything.....
Ac Milan had both Vieria and Davids and they couldnt break into the squad because of Albertini and Desailly( when capello make him a midfielder). Is the coach plans and the the way the other players play. Maradonna say that he is the only player that could wear the number 10

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 01:56:02 PM »
Maradonna say that he is the only player that could wear the number 10

There are a significant number of people in Argentina who consider what Maradonna says to be utter trash.......he is notorious for the same level of verbal diarrhea as Pele....I guess talking was never their sport.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006, 06:10:21 PM »
ronaldinho is d bes
riquelme not close

Then can you explain why Makelele is not still with Madrid . for your info. Riquelme is still owned ( 25% ) by barcelona... any reason why he was not sold outright ? have you noticed that he does not play against barcelona for villareal ? Everytime Villareal progresses in the CL Villareal pays barcelona because of the deal they made to get Riquelme.
i agree ronaldinho is the best player in football ...for me the best midfielder is riquelme. give him some better players and we will see the best. there is just so much one can do with Forlan, this season, and jose mari !
riquelme had the most assists in spain last season...hallmark of a great attacking midfielder. he also had more goals than ronaldinho at the end of the season. more assists and more goals playing with a weaker team still did not get him up in the ranks ...but the WC is close ...we will settle it there !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2006, 06:12:36 PM »

Break out season? Anybody whos watch football have to know Riquelme as a big player for a while now.

Before Riquelme's move to Barca he was one of the biggest players in South America. Was the 2001 South American player of the year. Led Boca to Apertura and Copa Libertadores titles. Led Boca to victory against Real Madrid in the 2000 Intercontinental Cup.

The only glitch in his career was the move to Barca. He didnt fit in so they let him go to Villareal and now they probably wondering if it was a mistake.

Riquelme is not no new name. He had a good chance of playing in the 2002 cup if it wasnt for injuries he had in the lead up to the tournament.

dont forget an under 21 world championship with argentina !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2006, 06:15:22 PM »

dont forget to kill his dog and shoot his parents  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2006, 07:30:14 PM »
he really is a class act, but to say he is de best takin it a bit to far, i believe once he has de right players around him he`ll really show his class.

de world cup is de man time to shine

;D

1]; } ?>