April 24, 2024, 03:11:25 AM

Author Topic: not everybody cud afford tickets  (Read 3015 times)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
not everybody cud afford tickets
« on: April 17, 2006, 02:53:18 PM »
forgive meh if dis post already but ah gettin vex. ah hearin people talkin bout d price of d peru game tix is not high. especially spalker.
i understand yes, it is a world cup squad,international game etc, to me ,it does not justify raisng the prices by over 200%.
not every football lover and supporter have dat kinda money. not everybody in trinidad have dat kinda money.

i remember d sweet old days when ticket were 50$for uncovered and yuh wud see all d grassroots and d ghetto youths like mehself who love an enjoy dey football. when u raise d prices dat high ,yuh leavin out dat part of society.

i have been to EVERY game,except d one ash wednesday vs. usa, an it real vexin me to know i go b missinĀ  d last game on home grounds for maybe more dan two years, an latas last game, jus because warriors now big in d dance.

ah supportin hard still an would never stop supportin. done have meh warriors big badge, big flag done hang up outside my house ahready, an lime for d 10 may done plan out, food an everyting.

WN, represent hard for dĀ  warrior queen please. block out all dem waggonist dem.ah go b watchin allyuh. hope dey show it on tv ;D

warriors till ah dead!

bless!!

Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: not everybody cud afford tickets
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 03:07:28 PM »
These are the prices for the US v Morocco game in Nashville , TN. Maybe we can compare and see what - if any- differences in ticket prices.

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_280808.html
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 03:14:33 PM »
These are the prices for the US v Morocco game in Nashville , TN. Maybe we can compare and see what - if any- differences in ticket prices.

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_280808.html

got a link to compare average income of person living in US with that of T&T?
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 03:20:08 PM »
das a good  point Jay....it have ppl whow die hard supportes cyah go an see the game...and we tend to forget that not evryone cud afford those prices

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 03:32:15 PM »
I ain't know if this was posted before. But this is six reasons by Jack Warner for the increase in prices taken from an article. I agree the prices are high and not everybody could afford it but what we could do.

The reasons behind the ticket costs for the World Cup warm-up match
Trinidad and Tobago versus Peru at the National Stadium, May 10, are
as follows:

(1) To off-set the loss of $2.2 million suffered by the TTFF in the
pre-match preparations between Trinidad and Tobago and Iceland in
London on February 28.

(2) An additional warm-up match will be played in Germany, at an
added cost of $580,000.

(3) Coach Leo Beenhakker, quite rightly, has requested that Peru
fields its best team possible for the match against Trinidad and
Tobago. This required many of their overseas-based players take part,
thereby increasing the cost of hosting the match by a further $1.4
million dollars.

(4) To cover the costs of World Cup match tickets which the TTFF has
decided will be allocated to spouses/friends of the members of the
team. Two tickets each are being provided at no cost to the players.

(5) Coach Leo Beenhakker has requested, again quite rightly, a
de-linking of the T&TFF's German office from the hotel where the Soca
Warriors are being accommodated. This has meant that additional
accommodation must be sought for the group at the World Cup in
Germany-at a cost yet to be determined.

(6) A cultural presentation will be put in place for the match with
Peru on May 10. This presentation, as well as the match itself, will
be broadcast live to over 100 countries around the world. (The TTFF
remains particularly concerned about the absence, up to this point in
time , of any official announcement of specific arrangements of what
Trinidad and Tobago has put in place to showcase the country during
the World Cup in June.)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 03:46:05 PM »
Obviously the U.S would be better. I am not arguing the price of the game. Just that we should try to break it up like the US does.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 03:51:52 PM »
WQ, you do raise a good point regarding the price of tickets. It is unfortunate, some kind of Gov't subsidy could not be worked out to permit the selling of a certain amount of tickets at discounted prices. Then again, if businessess etc and the private sector had stepped up and provided more financial support, it my have facilitated the tickets to be sold at cheaper prices. However, at the end of the day $ talks and BS walks so like everything else that is what it comes down to- dey know dey need more $$ so they doing the obious - raise price and increase revenues

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 03:54:20 PM »
There are enough people in Trinidad who can afford the tickets....

....enough to fill the stadium that is....and that is all they care about. They don't care if you're grassroots or not.....cash is king. As long as the market demand is sufficient to support the prices, the prices will not go down.

It's that simple.

Because too, there are only two general different types of seats in our stadium, they cannot effectively price discriminate.....price discrimination would usually work in favor of lower income buyers, whereby there might be 6 or so different types of seats, 6 different ticket price levels and hence the ability to jack up prices for the most "premier" seating for the high income buyers, and hence subsidize the cheaper seats for the lower income folk.......

The TTFF also wants to make a margin/profit off of the game....why would they not ? No organization can survive without turning a profit

so you dealing with many different factors.....and it's not totally a case of the TTFF running an evil regime to keep the poor man out of the stadium.....and it's unfortunate that some of the most die-hard fans can't afford it, but that's capitalism, that's the market that we operate in, and unfortunately the TTFF is not running a charity.....

Personally I think the private sector should pull its weight more.......non-profit federations & foundations etc...cannot survive without funding...and I get the feeling that the private sector in T&T is not doing it's part.......to help the federations such as the TTFF.....This causes such federations to operate like an unfunded pseudo monopoly and hence have the power to strangle the public...and claim that that's the only way they can survive.....T&T's private sector needs to step up !!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 03:57:49 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 03:57:13 PM »
Obviously the U.S would be better. I am not arguing the price of the game. Just that we should try to break it up like the US does.

Elan, that would only work in an all-seater stadium. You cant restrict where people sit if they doh have no seats. From the reasoning skins laid out, it looks like this is a one-off price hike, since most of those costs only relate to World Cup.

Maybe they should have considered selling, say, the first 5,000 grounds tickets at a lower price and subsidise those with higher prices in covered stands (since covered stands would pretty much sell out at any price).

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 04:02:14 PM »
There are enough people in Trinidad who can afford the tickets....

....enough to fill the stadium that is....and that is all they care about. They don't care if you're grassroots or not.....cash is king. As long as the market demand is sufficient to support the prices, the prices will not go down.

It's that simple.

Because too, there are only two general different types of seats in our stadium, they cannot effectively price discriminate.....price discrimination would usually work in favor of lower income buyers, whereby there might be 6 or so different types of seats, 6 different ticket price levels and hence the ability to jack up prices for the most "premier" seating for the high income buyers, and hence subsidize the cheaper seats for the lower income folk.......

The TTFF also wants to make a margin/profit off of the game....why would they not ? No organization can survive without turning a profit

so you dealing with many different factors.....and it's not totally a case of the TTFF running an evil regime to keep the poor man out of the stadium.....and it's unfortunate that some of the most die-hard fans can't afford it, but that's capitalism, that's the market that we operate in, and unfortunately the TTFF is not running a charity.....

Personally I think the private sector should pull it's weight more.......non-profit federations & foundations etc...cannot survive without funding...and I get the feeling that the private sector in T&T is not doing it's part.....

Le we rile up de mas men to buy some tickets an donate dey..u know dey $$ tall after carnival now done dey..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 06:39:27 PM »
I vex ticket prices raise.

But the reasons purported are very valid.

Yuh hadda milk people in this time...because all man Jack hadda search for candle when world cup done.....the dark ages will descend upon us once again.

I done have a night vision goggles in meh cupboard.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 06:46:02 PM »
I vex ticket prices raise.

But the reasons purported are very valid.

Yuh hadda milk people in this time...because all man Jack hadda search for candle when world cup done.....the dark ages will descend upon us once again.

I done have a night vision goggles in meh cupboard.

hahahahahahaha

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 06:46:22 PM »

Elan, that would only work in an all-seater stadium. You cant restrict where people sit if they doh have no seats. From the reasoning skins laid out, it looks like this is a one-off price hike, since most of those costs only relate to World Cup.

Maybe they should have considered selling, say, the first 5,000 grounds tickets at a lower price and subsidise those with higher prices in covered stands (since covered stands would pretty much sell out at any price).

AWATT? OBviously a man hasn't realized that the stadium is 100% seated since U-17 World Cup!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 10:38:28 PM »
I would say that the price hike explanation given by Mr. Warner sounds great, if I had not read about all the sponsorship that the team had been given. It seems that there is no ends to expenditure on this campaign. The more that is given that mmore that is requested and the more bills come into play.

The stadium has Individual seats through out which can be numbered and measures put into place where people with a specific ticket number sit in the assigned seat. Specific numbers enters at a specific gate and directed to their appropriate seat. It's not that elaborate, it would just require proper planning.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 11:16:16 PM »

AWATT? OBviously a man hasn't realized that the stadium is 100% seated since U-17 World Cup!

nope  ;D

1]; } ?>