March 29, 2024, 06:42:16 AM

Author Topic: Funny Words from L.A. Galaxy's #10(to me at least!!)  (Read 1860 times)

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Funny Words from L.A. Galaxy's #10(to me at least!!)
« on: April 17, 2006, 09:15:20 PM »
I thought the part where he says..'i don't know if he meant to'..is pretty hilarious..this fellar not easy nah.

LOS ANGELES GALAXY FORWARD LANDON DONOVAN

On his assist:
"I wanted to dribble by them or give it to him (Cornell Glen) early, but he kind of floated across and there wasn't a hole to get it through to him. So, I took my time and I think got by (Claudio) Suarez and I looked up and (Glen) was kind of fading away. I just tried to put it into a good spot and it was a good finish too. I don't know if he meant to, but it was a good finish."

On the Galaxy's first goal:
"The goal kind of came out of nothing. It was a bit little surprising that out of all the good things that we did and the good play, we got a goal just kind of scrapping in the box and it falls to Cornell. But, I don't think anyone can say that we didn't deserve to win the game."

LOS ANGELES GALAXY FORWARD CORNELL GLEN

On the game:
"It feels great to score two goals. I was walking a tight rope; I missed like four good chances in the first half and I had to get those back. But, it is not just me. I scored two goals, but it is a whole team effort and the team played well."

On his goals:
"After the first half, I just had to keep my head up and keep going to try and get the goal. I just knew it was going to come. It was just a matter of time. The Lord blessed me and I got one."

LOS ANGELES GALAXY HEAD COACH STEVE SAMPSON

On the game:
"I was very pleased with the first half and how we possessed the ball and creating chances. Cornell (Glen) had two very good chances in the first half; if he had just slipped (the ball) a little bit sooner I am sure he would have scored. But, most importantly, I liked the way we played, but then to give up that early goal in the second half was just disastrous and inexcusable. I really enjoyed the way our guys fought back and never gave up believing in themselves. I liked the fact that Cornell Glen finished his chances in the second half, he was very down on himself at halftime and the guys picked him up. He wanted to make a statement in the second half."

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:18:46 PM by #8 a.k.a Speedy »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Funny Words from L.A. Galaxy's #10(to me at least!!)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 09:27:35 PM »
speedy thanks for de quotes..but where yuh source?
but donovan is a kinda ass? so glen jus decide lemme jus fling me foot and i doh care where it go? steupse...whether it went exactly as he thought it wud is irrelevant...i sure he meant for it to go in de back of de net and daz wah happen!
Back in Trini...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 10:50:18 PM »
Donovan show how tactically inept he is. The run off the ball by Glen was what made that goal happen. The timing was great. He should talk about the third man who just run in there crazy bringing that other defender with him. Donovan is an idiot.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 11:18:50 PM »
Donovan show how tactically inept he is. The run off the ball by Glen was what made that goal happen. The timing was great. He should talk about the third man who just run in there crazy bringing that other defender with him. Donovan is an idiot.

Of course hes an idiot... I love how he trys to make it seem less obvious that hes bigging up himself by saying Glen was kinda fading away... in other words it was so hard for me to get the ball to him but i did it! HURRAY FOR ME!!

Hes a bloody frat boy bitch.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>