May 01, 2024, 07:40:07 AM

Poll

Which forward will create problems in any defense?

stern john
14 (25.9%)
kenwyne jones
7 (13%)
colin samuel
12 (22.2%)
cornell glen
17 (31.5%)
jason scotland
4 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Attacking.......  (Read 3486 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Attacking.......
« on: April 18, 2006, 06:38:26 AM »
Who will be the ace in the hole is the question,which of these men will create history,will be the unsung hero. It's a toss up for me between stern and glen simply because they both can turn it on at any moment,my only problem is which stern or which glen will show up for the world cup,because as we all know stern can go goaless sometimes for more than one game.

Glen can be off the mark at times and not capitalizing on key opportunities,but will it be the raining goals for T&T come June.     

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: Attacking.......
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 06:52:21 AM »
Jones,Glenn,Samuel,Scotland
not just 1 of dem
all of dem go cause truble

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 06:53:35 AM »
boss man i  eh sure nah..but with the formation i see us playing for the qulifiers wit only 1 main striker my guess wud be that we would require our meidfield to step it up & provide more af a goal scoring presence.

who knows tactics may change come world cup & we may see the deployment of 2 out & out strikers.

i tink our surpise package may be whitley (if he is allowed/encouraged to attack more often) as little is know of him by any of our opponents. I also tink if maybe carlos wud come in field sometimes instead of constantly running to the byline we coud cause some more diruption in the centre of the field amongst the defenders and with the right movements & maybe a quick slip of the ball behind the defence or a shot.

i'm not sure if we wud have any surpises but i do tink it we need our midfield to push up faster to give support to stern or whoever is on top a lot fatser.

personally for me (many will disagree) but i like a midfield of whitley yoke & birchall with an attacking 3 of jones stern & scotland/glenn/samuel. jones for his hight to be withdrawn & flick on for stern who can both hold up the ball & play with his back to goal or for scotland/glenn/samuel to add some much needed pace.

all the experts & the "experts" free to critcise now

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 07:51:23 AM »
I think Kenwyne has the most potential out of our forwards to be an attacking threat.

He needs to be sharper in front of goal but of all the forwards I think he is the closest thing to the complete package. He has the size, strength, speed, touch and he has shown the ability to take on players as well.

Think he showed glimpses of this in the Bahrain playoff and was the difference between Bahrain game 2 and game 1.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 08:42:28 AM »
ironic how nobody vote stern yet and he is the first-choice striker

but in terms of terrorizing I feel is Scotty

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »
I feel Collin Samuel go give problems with that pace on the left wing.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 08:50:03 AM »

It have a lot of Stern supporters. But unfortunately I think is only when Stern 'Bound to Score' John finally hangs up his boots and nobody to fill it is when he willl finally get the credit he deserves. There is a reason why he starts every game, he is a legend and he don't get the respect he deserve.  

You'll Never Miss the Water til the Well Runs Dry
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 10:34:55 AM »
They better watch all we attackes cuz is level yun up de world go see.... feel is only Brazil have yuh up man ... trini-bago have em better

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 10:40:56 AM »
All of them will... Kenwyne has strength and agility... that will make him a definate danger inside the box... Collin samuels is fast he has good balance and has good ball dribbling and ball control ability...

he will be dangerous anywhere...

Glen has the speed and the powerful shot that can draw defenders to him and take them away from covering other stirkers making the opposing teams gaol very vulnerable to a rebound or a well placed pace...

And Stern may not be quite as fast but he has good dribbling skills, good vision, an emmaculate strike that is both powerful and very acurate with both feet... and he has great trapping skills even when he is very unbalanced he can trap a ball coming from 30-40 yards away with ease.

and Scotland... well he can fire a close or long range shot from anywhere with any foot that WILL make your keeper have to stop it by catching the ball or parring it away... and seeing as its he has a chance of putting the ball clean in the goal and the goal keeper doeswnt have a large chance of ctaching the ball and being bale to grasp it firmly well then our other forwards have a chance of latching onto the rebound...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 10:57:28 AM »

It have a lot of Stern supporters. But unfortunately I think is only when Stern 'Bound to Score' John finally hangs up his boots and nobody to fill it is when he willl finally get the credit he deserves. There is a reason why he starts every game, he is a legend and he don't get the respect he deserve.  

You'll Never Miss the Water til the Well Runs Dry
       Well said,i'm no fan of Stern,as a matter of fact i've never seen the guy play except on TV,but i know anybody scoring goals like he does have to be good,what people do not understand is,it does not matter how a forward score goals the thing is he scoring and that's what matters most,if you look at forwards they all have something different,if they were the same defenders jobs would be easy,i want us to ask ourselves this question,when was the last time T&T won a game without Stern John.
       What sense does it make you have a set of forwards with strength,touch,terrorizing defenders but can't score goals,they scoring goals against third and Fourth division teams,MLS teams,countries like Grenada,Barbados etc and are being rated,check their goal scoring record at the end of any season,besides Stern how many international goals the rest of them have,the argument might be the reason why they don't score is because they always on some bench.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 11:27:23 AM by Coop's »

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 11:28:38 AM »
I barely does see Collin Samuel play but base on reading match reports i figured he might cause alot of trouble for defenders. He go have that whole left side and his pace go be a major asset to his game. Secondly i choose Stern John if the service is there provided that the midfield give him the ball where he wants ir. Stern ain't running down no  ball and attacking defenders.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 12:02:51 PM »
Stern.  He scoring through any defense... no need to run. ;D Remember the second goal against Mexico? and the ones against Guatemala while people were halfway through their chants to sub him?

Stern.  The man with more goals than ANYONE to play in this World Cup.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 01:13:10 PM »
Bench Stern arse and start Yorke and Kenywne or Yorke and Scotland up front.

The trap, screen and fall down will not cut it at the WC level.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 01:24:34 PM »
I don't think benching Stern is ah good idea, buh ah agree wid you that he needs to do more then turn and shoot and hope to score in the WC. A good option is to pair him up with a mobile striker, like Glen up front, someone who can run into a good positon and distract the defence and give Stern some more room to work his magic. We need more fire power up fron for the WC, We can't sit back and wait for something to happen, so I am all for a 4-4-2 formation especially in the first half to get something going.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 01:45:24 PM »

Why yuh think that is??

Més que un club.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 01:58:47 PM »
Bench Stern arse and start Yorke and Kenywne or Yorke and Scotland up front.

The trap, screen and fall down will not cut it at the WC level.
       Without Stern T&T have nothing,i don't mind how much he falling down he is still the only one you sure to get a goal from,the rest of them who standing up we just hoping,to leave Stern off a T&T starting line-up will be a big mistake,i will always gamble with a player like that.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 02:30:36 PM »
tie between scotty and glen
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 02:36:41 PM »
As a person who play a little football...I would have to say Cornell Glen because of his pace...But Stern John is the man you will laze around on the field and you will defend hard nearly whole game and one moment he get a ball and bury it in the back of the net and win a game...Go T&T

Offline UnWiseSage (aka Jahyute)

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 03:31:51 PM »
As a person who play a little football...I would have to say Cornell Glen because of his pace...But Stern John is the man you will laze around on the field and you will defend hard nearly whole game and one moment he get a ball and bury it in the back of the net and win a game...Go T&T

You are underminding the amount of work Stern does around the box and midfeild... he is a solid passer of the ball and he sets up alot of the goals too. If alot of the other strikers would position tehmselves better they could have probably scored off some of his rebounds.

Stern is definately the most dangerous. He also himself, is a very dangerous players when it comes to getting onto rebounds.

Most of all he is always solid and composed in the box.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 04:50:09 PM »
Stern is the reason we are in the World Cup right now.

Ship sink if he didn't score against Guatemala twice in two minutes, against Panama, and Twice against Mexico.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

fabio

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 06:25:58 PM »
sammy and glen both explosive. they young and full of energy. when them pick on d ball and start to run at defenders it doesnt be easy.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 06:35:58 PM »
I think the achieving of the full potency of our attack is having stern partnered by a quick mobile striker. Players like stern need a mobile strike partner to be most effective.  Glenn is the best option i think.....running and causing chaos. Problem with that is we go hadda sacrifice a midfielder......and that brings a next question. I still not certain how effective stern go be buh..........beenie getting pay the money.........he go hadda study it harder dan me.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 10:21:43 PM »
cornel glen with out ah doubt...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 11:10:18 PM »
touches....ah feel yuh going off......problems and goalscoring is 2 different tings....i never hear bout a side beat a next side 3 probelms to 1 probelm....goals mother f#ckers ...goals....talk to stern
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2006, 10:56:02 AM »
I think the achieving of the full potency of our attack is having stern partnered by a quick mobile striker. Players like stern need a mobile strike partner to be most effective.  Glenn is the best option i think.....running and causing chaos. Problem with that is we go hadda sacrifice a midfielder......and that brings a next question. I still not certain how effective stern go be buh..........beenie getting pay the money.........he go hadda study it harder dan me.
       Stern don't need any of these guys to be effective,with or without them he still scores,when was the last time Stern play together with Glen? T&T have been very effective with Stern alone up front,i think ppl just can't understand what Benie plays or is doing,may be it's the level.

I'm not saying that Stern will solve our attacking problems but he is the best we have.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 11:00:55 AM by Coop's »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 11:00:26 AM »
       Stern don't need any of these guys to be effective,with or without them he still scores,when was the last time Stern play together with Glen? T&T have been very effective with Stern alone up front,i think ppl just can't understand what Benie plays or is doing,may be it's the level.

Very good point Coop's.  There is a lot of prognostication on football on this site, but not a lot of real coaching or tactical IQ.

We play a 4-5-1 with one striker (Stern John) and a withdrawn striker in captain Dwight Yorke.  All this talk about Stern's striking partner is a waste.  Stern already has a striking partner: Dwight when he decides to play higher, and no-one when he (Dwight) thinks the flow of the game dictates that he stay more in the midfield.

We have been very effective playing like this.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 11:11:50 AM »
It's interesting (to me at least) when issues/questions like this one are rasied, how many so-called coaches exist on the forum.  While we are all entitled to our opinions, we should at least recognize that we don't hold the resume of Beenie (and others) when it comes to coaching, the proof is really in the results that have occurred over the past year.  Having said that, Glenn has made the cut for the list of 24, we'll see how the next few months unfold as we prepare for our 1st ever WC.  Bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>