April 28, 2024, 06:15:12 PM

Author Topic: henry to barca  (Read 1965 times)

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
henry to barca
« on: April 19, 2006, 09:14:28 AM »
Samuel Eto'o has urged Barcelona boss Frank Rijkaard to bring Thierry Henry to Camp Nou.

Speculation has been mounting about the Arsenal star's future, with several of Europe's top clubs being linked with the flamboyant Frenchman.

Whether or not Henry leaves Highbury could depend on The Gunners qualifying for next season's UEFA Champions League, but Eto'o believes that he belongs at one of the world's greatest football clubs, namely Barcelona.

"About Thierry Henry, it is very simple," he told L'Equipe. "Barca is one of the biggest clubs in the world, and Thierry is one of the best players in the world, so his place is at Barca.

"All the great players have their place at the great clubs, so to me there is absolutely no doubt.

"The only problem is Rijkaard, he is the one who picks the team."

Eto'o insisted that he has a close relationship with Henry, and was eager to play alongside him before it is too late.

"Titi (Henry) is a friend, even before the Barcelona rumours started," he explained.

"Moreover we will soon stop football, as he is close to 30-years-old.

"We have other things to talk about besides football. I have never talked about Barca with him and I have no right to influence him."

The Cameroon international also confirmed that he would be staying at Barcelona for the foreseeable future.

"It is obvious that I will be at Barca in 2006-2007. I still have four years left on my contract," he declared.

"I play the football I love and am happy like that. Why should I complicate things?"

i hope he does go there so what if barca will be too good lets just hope we will never have to play them

allyuh realize henry nickname is titi right
also etoo said henry is a great player an all great players belong in great clubs so is he implyin dat assanal is not great?  :rotfl:

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: henry to barca
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:19:19 AM »
Today champions league is a vital game and winning this leg could sway Henry to stay at Arsenal. Henry loyal to Arsenal and i don't see him leaving just so but he really want to win Champions League.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:36:35 AM »
If Arsenal NOT in Champions League next year......Henry leavin no doubt.

He cant be out of that competition in the prime of his career.

Eto'o would want Henry cause he is a strong personality......Eto'o probably feel he does face that racism up front on his own.

That strike force go be terror in Europe plus the most entertaining.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 11:17:01 AM »
win or lose champions cup henry will leave arsenal.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 12:28:18 PM »
strange how Larsson never spoke out about the racism, or how come we never heard him being the object of racial abuse. He is a gentleman of the game as well as Henry.

Is it that at his time at Barca he NEVER played against Zaragoza or any of the teams who have racist fans ?.. ???
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 12:39:22 PM »
strange how Larsson never spoke out about the racism, or how come we never heard him being the object of racial abuse. He is a gentleman of the game as well as Henry.

Is it that at his time at Barca he NEVER played against Zaragoza or any of the teams who have racist fans ?.. ???

I think that some players personality stronger and tings like that just role off of them.....
like when cic playing malick or compre and the fans try to frighten the white boys and them......it makes some of them play harder and others play shit..

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 01:04:33 PM »

It probably is not true that Larrson has never spoken out. We are not privy to every press conference or public uttering of all players. At  the same time, Larrson is not subject to the same abuse as Eto'o because he has fair skin. It is less obvious that he is not white when you are way up in the shite seats even though he is very recognizable otherwise. Darker skinned players are just more easily visible targets. When I read about English players getting abused in continental Europe, it is usually Sean Wright Phillips, Ashley Cole, etc..you hardly hear Rio Ferdinand, Jermaine Jenas, Kieron Dyer or David James and co getting similar treatment (although in some instances they do)

Then there is the fact that Eto'o is just really good and stupid racist fans are likely to want to target him cuz they know he is the danger...they want to throw him off his game more than they feel the need to with Larrson.

On the bright side...some players are soooooo good that they often transcend racist treatment. The same idiots who boo Eto'o do not always boo Ronaldinho. Same with Henry..they will boo Koulo Torre, but when Henry is on the ball...even the most dense idiots know it is time to shut up and watch..or you might miss something special

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 01:46:59 PM »
I will put down A sevre cuss if this happens... I feel once we win the champions league... you will see henry aint leaving to go no where but back to highbury to celebrate... stewps.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 02:04:41 PM »
I will put down A sevre cuss if this happens... I feel once we win the champions league... you will see henry aint leaving to go no where but back to highbury to celebrate... stewps.

He ent going back to Highbury....matter ah fact non ah dem :devil:

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 02:19:09 PM »
from one great team to the next...no worries

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 03:06:19 PM »

On the bright side...some players are soooooo good that they often transcend racist treatment. The same idiots who boo Eto'o do not always boo Ronaldinho. Same with Henry..they will boo Koulo Torre, but when Henry is on the ball...even the most dense idiots know it is time to shut up and watch..or you might miss something special

During the Benfica game Ronaldinho was racially abused especially when he would take corners. But after he start to beat men they stay quiet.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 03:12:19 PM »
Seriously though If I were one of these elite black players I wouldn't go to Spain. The talk is now Boa Morte, Ashely Cole and Jeferson Farfan are targets by Spanish teams. Should more players go to be abused ?

fabio

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 03:29:45 PM »
Samuel Eto'o has urged Barcelona boss Frank Rijkaard to bring Thierry Henry to Camp Nou.

Speculation has been mounting about the Arsenal star's future, with several of Europe's top clubs being linked with the flamboyant Frenchman.

Whether or not Henry leaves Highbury could depend on The Gunners qualifying for next season's UEFA Champions League, but Eto'o believes that he belongs at one of the world's greatest football clubs, namely Barcelona.

"About Thierry Henry, it is very simple," he told L'Equipe. "Barca is one of the biggest clubs in the world, and Thierry is one of the best players in the world, so his place is at Barca.

"All the great players have their place at the great clubs, so to me there is absolutely no doubt.

Eto'o insisted that he has a close relationship with Henry, and was eager to play alongside him before it is too late.

"Titi (Henry) is a friend, even before the Barcelona rumours started," he explained.

"We have other things to talk about besides football. I have never talked about Barca with him and I have no right to influence him."

The Cameroon international also confirmed that he would be staying at Barcelona for the foreseeable future.

"It is obvious that I will be at Barca in 2006-2007. I still have four years left on my contract," he declared.

"I play the football I love and am happy like that. Why should I complicate things?"

i hope he does go there so what if barca will be too good lets just hope we will never have to play them

also etoo said henry is a great player an all great players belong in great clubs so is he implyin dat assanal is not great?  :rotfl:

he should come chelsea. ah getting fed up of wet hair drogba.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 03:31:15 PM »

he should come chelsea. ah getting fed up of wet hair drogba.

Henry would never go to Chelsea... Barca is one ting but Chelsea... and Drogba is a rel good striker how yuh could get fed up ah him?  ??? :beermug:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>