April 28, 2024, 07:55:12 AM

Author Topic: Whitley looks like he is headed to Portmouth still  (Read 6803 times)

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Whitley looks like he is headed to Portmouth still
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 02:38:29 PM »
Portsmouth prob pulling hair trying to get Whitley to sign, buh it look like Whitley know d game and playing it well, cuz he know once d world sees him, iz real offers coming tru from England, Spain, and Italy - lewwe hope he choose Italy and goto Lazio  ;D

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 07:02:01 AM »
i doh what wrong with alyuh trinis, alyuhdone cutting down men with alyuh, i being realistic, the championship??/ c'mon, let we at least try to establish we players in a solid league, and as far as i'm concerned england is not the best league for our players to get better... if ronaldinho had gone to england from brazi he would not be the player he is 2day, how many teams in england really accomadate techinical players with flair like our own, we should push or players to go the spain, france and portugal... latapy is d player he is bcuz of all the years he spent in portugal, yorke seeming lost his ability to run at defeders after all those years in england...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 07:57:11 AM »
i doh what wrong with alyuh trinis, alyuhdone cutting down men with alyuh, i being realistic, the championship??/ c'mon, let we at least try to establish we players in a solid league, and as far as i'm concerned england is not the best league for our players to get better... if ronaldinho had gone to england from brazi he would not be the player he is 2day, how many teams in england really accomadate techinical players with flair like our own, we should push or players to go the spain, france and portugal... latapy is d player he is bcuz of all the years he spent in portugal, yorke seeming lost his ability to run at defeders after all those years in england...

some of our players are not suited to England and some are. We have different types of players with different qualities and characteristics. So cease with the stereotyping of the socawarriors. Brazil has players everywhere...Ronaldinho has thrived in Spain but one can argue that players like Gilberto Silva were made for the premiership. Dunga thrived in Germany but fopped for Fiorentina.

As for England not being great for technically gifted players..Thierry Henry was looking like falling off until he went Arsenal. Yorke's game changed in England, but he did develop into a much better all round player and one of the deadliest strikers in all of Europe. Cantona and Rooney @ manU, Robben @ Chelsea, Okocha @ Bolton...there are tonnes of technically gifted players who have thrived and been glorified in England. It is just a case of different strokes for different folks. I am a La Liga man, but I recognize the the EPL has its merits and is a great league for many players...from all over the world

1]; } ?>