March 28, 2024, 11:23:07 PM

Author Topic: The In Memory Of Thread  (Read 164133 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Condolences Thread
« Reply #420 on: June 23, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »
Stay strong KJ...condolences to you and yuh family
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
RIP: Sherlock Yarde, Senior VP, Barbados Football Association
« Reply #421 on: June 30, 2012, 07:34:50 PM »
Some ah allyuh greybeards know this fella:

Sherlock Yarde passes away
www.nationnews.com
6/22/2012

Prominent football administrator and show promoter Sherlock Yarde passed away at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital yesterday at the age of 55.

Yarde was the Senior Vice-President of the Barbados Football Association (BFA), Chairman of selectors for the senior team and a former national team manager.

He was also the long-standing President and Manager of the Clayton Kola Tonic Notre Dame football club.

“He was a very strong and confident person,” said younger brother Nigel.

“He was an assured man who had a great deal of love for other people. He was also an eternal optimist. We will all miss him dearly.”

Yarde leaves to mourn four brothers, two sisters and two daughters.

“The last time I had seen him was on Friday at the hospital and he was doing all right,” said David Hinds, General Secretary of the BFA.

“But to hear this news now, I’m devastated. We, not just at the BFA, will miss him. Barbados has lost a great man.”

The President of the Barbados Football Association, Hon. Ronald Jones MP, joined the members of the national football fraternity in mourning the death of Sherlock Yarde.

Below is his statement in full:

“Sherlock has been a member of the football family of Barbados for several decades and has contributed to its development and the development of many young men during that period. His love for the sport was well known and his passion allowed him to contribute in time, finance and resources to the sport. If any individual can be called a consummate football person, then that person would be Sherlock. He not only played the game, but managed, officiated, led, organised and supported every aspect of the sport.

“He was a person on whom any one could call for advice on the sport. He brought to the sport a generosity and passion which brooked no nonsense. He possessed a keen eye for the game and a love for those he associated with in the sport.

“His association with the Notre Dame Football Club is now legendary. He steered that Club to many victories over several years at all age levels. I am positive that the residents of the Bayland and surrounding communities will miss his contribution.  :beermug:

“As a member of the Executive Council of the BFA, and eventually the Senior Vice President, over the past three-and-a- half years, his counsel and decisive tone and voice will be missed from our various meetings.

“As president of the BFA I wish to offer my sincerest condolences to his family and friends during this time. May his positive words and actions be forever etched in our minds.”

+++++

Barbados' football fraternity said farewell to their fallen hero today.

http://www.nationnews.com/articles/view/farewell-sherlock/

Hundreds of fans, family and friends turned out at the indoor complex of the Garfield Sobers Gymnasium to say goodbye to Sherlock 'Nat' Yarde, during an emotional memorial service.

Yarde, a long-serving football administrator and entertainment promoter, had passed away last week due to complications associated with diabetes. He was 55.

In a heart-felt sermon, Yarde's brother Pastor Nigel Yarde told the congregation that his sibling had given much to people, football and entertainment, but that more importantly, he had also given his life to God a few days before taking his final breath.

"He made the right connection. He made the most important connection of all. He connected himself to God. And now he is looking down from a better place," Yarde said.

During his 45-minute sermon, Yarde called his brother a true gift to humanity by virtue of his generous ways and strong friendship. "He was the people's Sir. He was knighted by those in Barbados who knew him. He was the people's minister of social care. He was our minister of poverty alleviation. He was a great friend. He was a great brother."

President of the Barbados Football Association, Ronald Jones remembered Yarde as a football administrator ready to pull his own pocket and provide finance not only to poor footballers for equipment, but to the association itself, so as to ensure national teams could perform overseas duty.

The service was attended by Minister or Tourism, Richard Sealy, former Minister of Tourism and Yarde's former Parliamentary representative, Noel Lynch, as well as MP for St Michel North East, Mia Mottley, MP for the City, Patrick Todd and Senator Santia Bradshaw. (BA)

+++++

B’dos F/ball official Sherlock Yarde dead at 55

June 22, 2012 | By KNews | Filed Under Sports 
Described as a true friend of Guyana’s Football
By Sean Devers

They say is it not how long you live but how you live that is important to the people you live with and the tributes following the passing yesterday morning of Vice-President of the Barbados Football Association (BFA) Sherlock Yade at age 55, emphasize that saying.  No one can totally prepare for death but when it comes at the height of a successful career in and outside the sporting arena and without obvious signs of illness to even some of his friends, like was the case with Yarde, it is even more heart breaking.

News reaching Kaieteur Sport indicate that the Barbadian Football personality, whose father is Guyanese and who has a Guyanese-born daughter, died of an undisclosed illness in a Barbados Hospital yesterday morning throwing not only the Barbados Football Association but those in Guyana and the wider Caribbean into morning (sic).

Yarde, who played an integral role in the Notre Dame Football Club in Barbados which accommodated several Guyanese Footballers due to Yarde’s influence, was also the Chairman of the BFA selectors and the Manager of the Barbados senior Football team. Outside of Football, Yarde, who attended school with former Barbados Prime Minister Owen Arthur, was the proprietor of Stores in Barbados, a senior Customs Officer and was even into politics.

Gregory ‘Jackie Chan’ Richardson, the late Shawn ‘Fatso’ Bishop and Nigel ‘Powers’ Codrington were among the Guyanese who played domestic Football with Yarde’s club in Barbados, while Yarde, who played a key role in the Masters Football competitions between Guyana and Barbados, was also instrumental in reviving the Veterans Football competition between the Notre Dame club and Guyanese clubs, which was an annual affair in the 1980s.

Acting President of the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) Frankie Wilson said the passing of Yarde came as a shocker to the GFF and the football fraternity not only in Barbados but in Guyana and indeed the Caribbean as a whole. “The last time I saw Mr. Yarde was at the return game in round two of the FIFA World Cup Qualifying competition in Barbados. His passing no doubt leaves a void in the Administration of football in Barbados and by extension, the Caribbean.

Apart from his position on the BFA as a Vice President, Mr. Yarde played a major role in Masters Football not only in Barbados but also in Guyana and was the main player behind the annual Masters tournament that features teams from both countries here,” Wilson said.

“Mr. Yarde also played a role in inviting some of our footballers to play in Barbados some years ago which underpinned the level of his involvement in the sport. To relatives, friends and the football fraternity of Barbados, the Guyana Football Federation on behalf of the fraternity here would like to extend sincere condolences on the passing of a true labourer of the sport. May his soul rest in peace,” Wilson added.

Former National Footballer and later National Coach Lennox Arthur described Yarde as a personal friend and a true friend of Guyana’s Football who went out of his way to make life comfortable for the players and officials whenever Guyana Football teams were in Barbados.

“I last saw him in Barbados during the Veterans Tournament last month and he did not look sick. I was organising to get a Guyana All-Stars team to go to Barbados and I cannot express how I felt when I got the news from ‘English’ (Frank Parris) that he had passed away,” Arthur disclosed. “I will surely miss him. Whenever I am in Barbados he is there for me as a friend. He respected me as a Football Coach after seeing me work with Pele and whenever he lands in Guyana he would make sure he calls me. He was a good man and will be missed,” an emotional Arthur revealed.

And former National Footballer and Coach Gordon Braithwaite also described Yarde as a true friend of Guyana’s Football and someone who was always ‘straight up’ and spoke his mind. “A real good man is gone! I was recovering from an injury and missed the last Veterans tournament and did not get to see him in Barbados. I was shocked when I got the news this morning (yesterday) and it was only the night before that I even knew he was ill. I still can’t believe it…he was like a brother to me,” Braithwaite informed.  “I remember when I coached Beacons at the Parade ground and he brought his team here and I organized matches for them. I played a few games as guest player for his side and his death is a massive blow to Guyana’s Football. Sir Nap…that was his call name…was a genuine person and had a lot of influence. He would tell me that he would call up Bennie Man and get him to go to Barbados to perform. He turned 55 on January 16 and he has gone far too soon. He lived a full life and few who knew him would talk bad about him. I am not sure when is the funeral, but I am hoping to get to go,” Braithwaite said.

http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2012/06/22/b%E2%80%99dos-fball-official-sherlock-yarde-dead-at-55/

+++

A Thanksgiving Service for former Senior Vice President of the Barbados Football Association Mr. Sherlock Yarde, will take place on Saturday June 30, 2012 at the Sir Garfield Sobers Sports Complex. The service will commence at 10:00am and will last until 1:00pm.

The body of Mr Yarde will lay in wait from 8:30am and all persons within the football fraternity who will be attending are asked to assemble at 9:00am, attired their respective club jersey or polo shirt and dark slacks.

The public viewing of the body will take place on Friday June 29, 2012 at the Notre Dame Sports Club, Bayville, St. Michael from 2:00pm until 6:00pm.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dutch youth league football linesman dies after attack
« Reply #422 on: December 03, 2012, 06:31:36 PM »
Dutch youth league football linesman dies after attack
BBC

A Dutch man has died after being kicked and punched by a group of teenage football players for whom he acted as linesman in a Sunday league match.

Richard Nieuwenhuizen collapsed and was taken to hospital hours after he was beaten by three players from Amsterdam club Nieuw Sloten. He died on Monday.

He had been officiating for Buitenboys club, in the town of Almere, and one of his own sons had been playing.

Three teenagers, aged between 15 and 16, have reportedly been arrested.

Buitenboys club chairman Marcel Oost said Mr Nieuwenhuizen, 41, officiated as linesman for the team every week. "He enjoyed doing it. He was a real football man; he was always here," he told national broadcaster NOS.

News of his death sparked shock in sporting circles around the Netherlands.

The Dutch minister for sports, Edith Schippers, said: "It is absolutely terrible that something like this can happen on a Dutch sports field".

Anton Binnenmars ,of the Royal Netherlands Football Association, described it as "too crazy for words that somebody involved in a sporting hobby becomes a victim of this kind of aggression".

Nieuw Sloten said it was "deeply shocked" by what had happened, and intended to ban for life the players found to be responsible, had pulled their team from the league and temporarily suspended all its operations as a club.

"Violence should not be on the football fields," it said.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch youth league football linesman dies after attack
« Reply #423 on: December 03, 2012, 07:29:58 PM »
Shocking. Although I could never be a match official, we all have to remember that, good or bad, there would be no football without them.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 04, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »
now they charge.

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) -- Richard Nieuwenhuizen was doing what he loved: watching his son play soccer and volunteering as a linesman.
On Monday, the 41-year-old father's passion for the sport cost him his life.
Prosecutors announced Tuesday they are charging three players, two 15-year-olds and a 16-year-old, in the attack on Nieuwenhuizen after a youth match between local clubs - Buitenboys and Nieuw Sloten.
The players, whose identities have not been released, are to be charged with manslaughter, assault and public violence. They will be arraigned Thursday at a closed hearing.
Prosecutors have released no details of a possible motive, and Buitenboys club chairman Marcel Oost said the reason for the attack was not certain.

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 05, 2012, 08:09:29 PM »
How disturbing this is, such a waste of life and for what ......

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The lonely death of Diego Mendieta: Football's forgotten man
« Reply #426 on: December 06, 2012, 09:24:11 PM »
The lonely death of Diego Mendieta: Football's forgotten man
By James Masters (CNN)

Diego Mendieta was a man who needed help.

There he lay, helpless. Alone. Dying.

There were no news stories. There was no #prayforMendieta hashtag, not even a line on the internet.

With the world oblivious to his plight, the Paraguayan, thousands of miles from home, passed away at the age of 32 in an Indonesian hospital on Tuesday.

Mendieta was a footballer who formerly played for Persis Solo, a club based 90 minutes' flight from the capital, Jakarta.

He had longed to return home to see his wife and two children but had not been paid four months' wages -- worth an estimated $12,500.

Mendieta fell ill and died of cytomegalovirus, a common infection that can be spread by coughing or sneezing.

In his final days, without enough money to finance his medical treatment, he changed hospitals three times and lost about 17 kilograms (about 37 pounds) in weight before his death.

His skeletal frame was left on a stretcher, covered by an old Real Madrid shirt, with a few football fans for company.

It is a story that has spread around the globe and left another stain on the sport in Indonesia, where two rival organizations are battling for control of the game.

"After his contract expired in June and his former club had not paid his salary, Mendieta suffered financially. He played in some rough football matches to survive in Solo," Indonesian journalist Sam Hadi of Kompas Daily said.

"He was unable to pay for his rented room in the last six months. He even had difficulties to pay for food, so his friends, colleagues and fans raised money to help him.

"His agent had advised Mendieta to go home by preparing the flight ticket for him. But Mendieta reportedly said that he was ashamed of not bringing back money to his country."

Having fallen ill in early November, Mendieta was first diagnosed with typhoid. By the time he reached his third hospital, where he could not afford his medical bills, the cytomegalovirus had crawled to his brain, Hadi said.

"It was very, very sad situation for him."

Football in the Asian country has been torn apart by infighting between the Indonesian Soccer Association (PSSI) and the breakaway Indonesian Soccer Rescue Committee (KPSI).

Football's ruling body, FIFA, has threatened to impose sanctions unless an agreement is reached.

Both bodies, which have their own competitions, have agreed to run just one league next season to avoid punishment from FIFA, whose executive committee expects to have to rule on the matter at its meeting next Friday. The PSSI did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.

"Unfortunately yet again, it seems that the set objectives will not be reached and we, therefore, anticipate that the PSSI will be sanctioned," FIFA Secretary-General Jerome Valcke wrote in a letter to Indonesian sports minister Andi Mallarangeng.

"We are fully aware that Indonesia is passionate about football and that sanctions will have a major impact. We have tried tirelessly to solve the problems, but we are afraid that there will be no choice unless the objectives are met or that significant progress has been made."

The division has caused great ructions within Indonesian football, with players often the victims both financially and physically.

"Mendieta's death raises questions of how he was treated by Liga Super's management. Why was he not paid his salary for so long?" PSSI official Rudolf Yesayas told AFP.

"Managing football is a complicated affair. Mendieta's death highlights the importance of having one football association, not more."

The national team has also suffered, losing 10-0 to Bahrain in a World Cup qualifier in March, a result that was investigated by FIFA because of suspicions of match-fixing.

"It has been almost two years since Indonesian football split," Hadi said.

"However, the financial problems do not only hit the breakaway clubs but also the clubs which play under the PSSI competition."

He said 13 clubs from both leagues are months late with payments, according to the players' association.

"On this matter, PSSI said on its official website that they would help the cost of flying Mendieta's body back to Paraguay, but they won't pay the players' salary as Persis did not play under PSSI competition," Hadi said.

"On the other hand, Persis officials said they have transferred Mendieta's salary to his wife in Paraguay. "

Hadi said an out-of-contract Brazilian footballer, Bruno Zandonadi, also died in similar circumstances three months ago after being infected during treatment in an Indonesian hospital.

While Solo Mayor Hadi Rudyatmo has said he will pay Mendieta's hospital bills, the act of charity has come too late for FIFPro, which represents footballers around the world, with a membership of 60,000.

FIFPro launched a "Black Book" this year, detailing the abuse of players in Eastern Europe. It has repeatedly fought cases for players facing violence, arbitrary termination of contracts and non-payments of salaries.

It has also taken up the case of 2010 World Cup finalist Wesley Sneijder, who has been asked to extend his contract for no additional pay by Italian club Inter Milan.

"FIFPro demands that the Indonesian football association make an end to the structural mismanagement of countless football clubs," the Netherlands-based group said in a statement.

"It is a disgrace for the whole of professional football in Indonesia," added Frederique Winia, secretary general of FIFPro's Asia division.

"I know countless stories of players who are intentionally not paid by their club and have to wait for months for their salary. But I have never before heard a story where a seriously ill player has been left completely to his fate by a club.

"I assume that both the club and the national football association of Indonesia realize that they have seriously failed and that they have much to explain, particularly to the family and relatives of Diego Mendieta. The least the club can do is to pay the arrears in salary to his family."

Mendieta's body has been transported back to Paraguay, where he will be buried.

His wife, Valeria, remains adamant that the Indonesian authorities are solely responsible for Mendieta's death.

"He was practically abandoned. The only help he received was from three Paraguayan companions, nothing other than that," she told Radio Cardinal.

Mendieta's plight has drawn widespread sympathy.

"It's a heartwrenching tale," Indonesian football expert Antony Sutton said.

"As an expat myself, I know what it's like to be on your own in a foreign country and left to fend for yourself," said Sutton, author of the Jakarta Casual blog.

"He hadn't been paid in four months and was all alone without anyone to pay the bills. The Persis Solo fans, who are extremely passionate, did their best to raise money and made about $300.

"But before I found out about the story, it was too late and he was dead. It's a real tragedy."

Emotional Muamba 'gets closure'

While the case of Fabrice Muamba, the former Bolton player who collapsed on the pitch after going into cardiac arrest, drew intense media coverage, Mendieta did not have the same fortune.

Muamba's collapse at Tottenham's White Hart Lane in March was broadcast around the world after the midfielder's heart stopped for 76 minutes.

Twitter went into overdrive, players around the world wore "Muamba" shirts to express their solidarity, and news channels jumped on the story.

His subsequent recovery has also been well documented, with interviews beamed around the globe, and an autobiography recently released.

But in Indonesia, where football is not king and the sport is in disarray, Mendieta had little chance.

It is only after his death that his name has become commonplace.

"He always complained of being lonely," said Guntur Hernawan, head of the internal medicine division at Moewardi Hospital in Solo.

"He said he wanted to go home because all of his relatives were in Paraguay."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The lonely death of Diego Mendieta: Football's forgotten man
« Reply #427 on: December 06, 2012, 10:20:50 PM »
A football association worse than the TTFF.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 06, 2012, 10:31:53 PM »
Sad story... RIP.  Shame on those who were in position to do better but did nothing.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 06, 2012, 11:05:33 PM »

didn't think it was possible, but...

poor fella, what a waste
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 07, 2012, 08:24:29 AM »

poor fella, what a waste

more wuss is because dais de second foreign footballer to die the same way

REAL dog eat dog out dey oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 07, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
RIP . This is sad. Hope his family could get FIFA to get his money. Otto said they treat them like animals. This for all those people who said we players greedy and should shut and play.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Former National team Manager has passed
« Reply #432 on: March 22, 2013, 01:39:36 PM »
Jan Zwartkruis of Holland and former T&T National team coach has passed away. He lead Holland to the WCQ 1978 & was replaced for the WC Tournament by Ernst Happel

Read his report to the TTFA back in 1980 on what T&T needs to do with the direction of its  football & it still has not been done 33 years later

We like it so
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:44:08 PM by Observer »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dominica coach, player die
« Reply #433 on: April 19, 2013, 12:28:40 PM »
ROSEAU, Dominica (AP)

IN MEMORIAM
We remember those who have died in the sports world in 2013.
Football officials in Dominica say the national team's coach and a player have died in a traffic accident on the eastern Caribbean island.

Dominica Football Association spokesman Gerald George says coach Kurt Hector and player Norran Jno Hope died early Friday while traveling to the capital to prepare for a game in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

George tells state-owned DBS radio that Hector was driving a car that fell into a large hole in the community of Pond Case following days of heavy rains.

He says the team will no longer play in the upcoming Windward Islands Football championship.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:08:18 PM by asylumseeker »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Dominica coach, player die
« Reply #434 on: April 19, 2013, 02:42:59 PM »
ROSEAU, Dominica (AP)

IN MEMORIAM
We remember those who have died in the sports world in 2013.
Football officials in Dominica say the national team's coach and a player have died in a traffic accident on the eastern Caribbean island.

Dominica Football Association spokesman Gerald George says coach Kurt Hector and player Norran Jno Hope died early Friday while traveling to the capital to prepare for a game in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

George tells state-owned DBS radio that Hector was driving a car that fell into a large hole in the community of Pond Case following days of heavy rains.

He says the team will no longer play in the upcoming Windward Islands Football championship.

pothole?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 19, 2013, 03:47:40 PM »
These links will help you to better understand what happened. Rather unfortunate. My sympathies to the families & friends on the loss of their loved ones!!!

http://dominicanewsonline.com/news/homepage/news/general/proceed-with-caution-in-pond-casse-police/

http://dominicanewsonline.com/news/homepage/news/accidents-tragedy/update-two-dead-in-pond-casse-accident/

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 19, 2013, 03:52:03 PM »
Sympathies to the families. RIP football Jumbies!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 19, 2013, 03:58:11 PM »
Jeez, the rain create a precipis. WOW!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 19, 2013, 04:06:49 PM »
Flex and the other Admins., as fellow football Jumbies, We should send some kind of official sympathy message to the DFA. This thing real tragic.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 19, 2013, 04:43:48 PM »
I was just on both federation websites the day before ... was touring several of the island sites (de Lucian one surprised me with a pic of Alvin Corneal in de mix) ... buh interestingly I din see mention of an upcoming tourney. Ah was looking for CFU U-17 women's info.

Tragic.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 19, 2013, 05:03:55 PM »
Stunned to read this, R.I.P.

Offline RehanaOmardeenfan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 20, 2013, 02:32:52 PM »
Poor player and coach. :(

This was the kid's facebook
http://www.facebook.com/norran.jnohope

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Eusebio has passed away +
« Reply #442 on: January 05, 2014, 05:16:16 AM »
Saw him recently at a Portugal game. At that time he looked frail.

R.I.P.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eusebio has passed away +
« Reply #443 on: January 05, 2014, 09:30:40 AM »
My first experience with WC football was seeing a newsreel in cinema, showing England -Portugal semis. The share speed and power of the "Black Pather" was unsurpassed in the 66 WC. RIP. Thanks for the memories.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 05, 2014, 11:58:50 AM »
Eusebio,another one of the best players the game has seen,often compared with the likes of Pele' etc etc sorry to hear he is gone,thanks for the enjoyment he brought to the beautifull game.RIP my brother.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 05, 2014, 07:39:56 PM »
Of all of the legends of the game from '66 til now, Eusebio is probably the one we know least about.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 05, 2014, 09:43:44 PM »
Saw him on some old WC videos, legend indeed....RIP

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 06, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »
R.I.P. - The Black Pearl.  De man was a terror: direct in style of play, with a ferocious bullet.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The In Memory of Thread (Red, White, & Black)
« Reply #448 on: February 28, 2014, 10:36:49 AM »
Just heard that Kevon Carter of Defence Force passed away this morning from an apparent heart attack.
So sad. May he rest in peace. Prayers & thoughts with his family at this time.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:01:00 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kevon Carter dead!!!!!
« Reply #449 on: February 28, 2014, 10:39:32 AM »
Just heard that Kevon Carter of Defence Force passed away this morning from an apparent heart attack.
So sad. May he rest in peace. Prayers & thoughts with his family at this time.
Confirmation anyone??
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>