March 28, 2024, 03:57:27 AM

Author Topic: The In Memory Of Thread  (Read 164056 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: FireBrand grandmonther passed away.
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2012, 01:52:38 AM »
FB sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family, take care. May she Rest In Peace.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 02, 2012, 05:01:37 AM »
Condolences Firebrand.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 02, 2012, 05:39:54 AM »
Condolences to you and to your family, FireBrand.  May your Grandmother rest in peace.
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2012, 11:30:39 AM »
My deepest condolences Firebrand

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2012, 07:49:13 PM »
Only just saw this as I haven't visited the football section of the SW.net all week!!

Deepest condolences to Fire and his Family!!

Real sorry to hear!!  :(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2012, 08:18:55 PM »
Condolences Fire and family

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2012, 01:17:16 AM »
stay strong mi bredda ..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The In Memory of Thread (Red, White, & Black)
« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2012, 01:55:29 PM »
I was reliable informed just a few minuites ago of the passing away of Wayne Lewis,some of you may know a little more than me so you can confirm this information.Myself and Wayne have been a support for each other for some time now so this has hit home a little bit for me.
An excellent Footballer in his day,those who have been around and have seen Wayne will have fond memories of him,he will surely be missed,RIP Breds.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayne Lewis is gone
« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2012, 03:55:40 PM »
Respect to Mr Wayne Lewis and this question not directed at him.

But when it comes to T&T footballers. How come everybody who dead was always ah excellent footballer ?

We shoulda been to all de world cups back in de days, de amount of excellent footballers we had.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2012, 07:15:54 PM »
RIP in  Wayne. It is a pity your talent did not shine as in College. I played against Wayne in intercol. Belmont-QRC. He put water in we eyes. He was indeed a good player in college. He played with Spann, Peter Mitchell, Leiba, Lookloy, Brian Rigsby for TT yutes in the BH football tournament in TT in 71(???). I think he was the vice captain of that team. His football career never panned out after college. He joined the TTPS and was contented to play football for enjoyment. He was a cool fellah. He always neat and never seemed to make nothing bother him. He Michael Wiley, Polidore(Woodbrook/QRC), Leiba, Nancoo, Gally were all from that Woodbrook/NewTown/Dundonald street area. The savannah was their haven.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 07:17:32 PM by Deeks »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #250 on: February 05, 2012, 01:08:27 AM »
RIP in  Wayne. It is a pity your talent did not shine as in College. I played against Wayne in intercol. Belmont-QRC. He put water in we eyes. He was indeed a good player in college. He played with Spann, Peter Mitchell, Leiba, Lookloy, Brian Rigsby for TT yutes in the BH football tournament in TT in 71(???). I think he was the vice captain of that team. His football career never panned out after college. He joined the TTPS and was contented to play football for enjoyment. He was a cool fellah. He always neat and never seemed to make nothing bother him. He Michael Wiley, Polidore(Woodbrook/QRC), Leiba, Nancoo, Gally were all from that Woodbrook/NewTown/Dundonald street area. The savannah was their haven.

:beermug: :beermug:

RIP Mr. Lewis.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2012, 09:55:09 AM »
I witnessed several intercol games in which Wayne Lewis played! He was an outstanding footballer for sure and later was a member of the Police Service! I saw him a year ago and knew of his ailment but he was cheerful as ever! May his soul rest in peace ! Condolences to his family!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 05, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »
Respect to Mr Wayne Lewis and this question not directed at him.

But when it comes to T&T footballers. How come everybody who dead was always ah excellent footballer ?

We shoulda been to all de world cups back in de days, de amount of excellent footballers we had.
      Sam,the difference with you and i is that when you talk about Footballers is either you watch them play,read about them or somebody tell you about them,when i talk about players i either played with or against them,coached them or something plus they are my personal friends,you will see me always use the term excellent for all my friends dead or alive that's the respect i have for them,that's just a personal thing with me,the funny thing is you will find most represented our country regardless of how many WC we qualified for,just representing the country says something about them.
      My take on T&T Footballers is different to yours because i don't get into the who better than who discussions/arguements.
              Any how this is about Wayne Lewis Breds don't change the topic,you see what the other two posters said.     

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2012, 02:31:44 PM »
Gally’ extends his condolence to the Lewis family.
By: Inshan Mohammed.

It was reported by Soca Warriors Online (SWO) member Kenwyn Cooper that a past Trinidad and Tobago football player has passed away in Mr. Wayne Lewis.

His death at this time is unknown to the public and while many one the SWO (VB, Deeks, Trinitozbone to name a few) took the time to pay their respects to the Lewis family, one man in Strike Squad and former T&T head coach Everald “Gally” Cummings has came forward to personally extend his deepest condolence to the family and friends of Wayne Lewis.

Gally noted: "We are all saddened by the passing of our brother Wayne Lewis, but we will always cherish the fact that we were all privileged to have known someone like him."

"I remember back in the days when every community in Trinidad and Tobago had an abundance of talented players with national team potential and yet Wayne Lewis would have easily made any of those teams."

"When he represented Belmont Intermediate School, he was always a class act above the rest and I enjoyed seeing him play. He never said too much but was always very objective with his views and it didn't matter how friendly you all were. If he had something to say, he said it."

"Whenever he was visiting home (Trinidad) he would always made certain that I knew he was in town, but then again he could not  have hide and I surely could not have missed him because he stayed with his mother at the same apartment on Dundonald Street in Port of Spain where my sister lived."

"Our families were very close since our mothers were great friends and that friendship was extended to Wayne and I who had a wonderful experience on the football field playing alongside each other for our community team, Glory Guys."

"We did a lot of individual training together at the Queen's Park Savannah on a daily basis back then. I can still see the smile on his face today, the laughter during games when we would off balance opposing defenders and send them in a different direction, Wayne and I would laugh and enjoy every moment on the field."

"I remembered one Sunday in the morning when we where playing a game and Wayne dribbled two defenders and set me up for a shot on goal with a heel pass which saw an empty net because the goalkeeper ducked, he knew he could not have saved my shot, we combined well and have a deep understanding."

"In my personal opinion I felt that Wayne should have been on that 1973 T&T team that went to Haiti because that team consisted mainly of players from the 1972 era that played against Santos from Brazil with Brazil legend Pele on their team at the Queen's Park Oval, of which Wayne was a part of."

"He was like my little brother who I am going to sadly miss but I will always cherish and hold on to those precious moments we shared on and off the playing field, ended Gally."

Some 42 years ago on November 2 that Belmont Secondary School wrote their name into the history books of local football. On that day in 1969 at the Queen’s Park Oval, the Belmont-based school became the first of their ilk to win the coveted Inter-Col title.

Skipper Gordon “Dudley” Husbands, Wayne Lewis, Lloyd Noel, Gregory Trujillo and Martin Harewood were all instrumental for Belmont’s successful season.

Anyone who were there to witness the match live would not have forgotten one of their biggest games against none other than rivals St Mary's College. They faced the highly favoured St Mary’s College in a game which was to decide the league title at Fatima ground.

Belmont Secondary was atop of the standings with 20 points with “The Saints” one point behind and needing victory to wrest the title.

What a game it turned out to be as Belmont met the challenge head-on, matching every goal “The Saints” scored. Alvin Henderson, scored twice for “The Saints” and the late Luciano Woodley got the other goal.

This did not deter Belmont Secondary, however, as they refused to cave in. Each time St Mary’s scored Wayne Lewis single-handedly replied. Three times he booted the ball into the net to notch up the scores.

And Lewis’ exploits not only earned him the Man of the Match accolade, but his team the one point needed to lift the league title to go with the Inter-Col to clinch a historic double.

To this day, Belmont and St Mary's still got at it, last July Wayne made an appearance for Belmont in a match versus St Mary’s at a commemorative Old Boys match on CIC ground. Other players involved were; Brian Ghent, Ken Butcher, Errol Nero, Winfield St Hill, Lance John, Ian Bain, Kelvin Lawrence, Basil Smith, Alvin Henderson, the late Gregory Trujillo and George Romano.

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so providing they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:56:10 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2012, 02:40:22 PM »
What a shocker!!!! being an ex belmont student /youth player i've  learned alot from those guys ,  mr wayne lewis ,/  the la forest,/  stephen jap fredericks/ .  brian rigsby and the lot  for which i am truly grateful.... So to the entire lewis family my sincere condolences ... had the privilege of seeing wayne lewis play up close and i can easily say was one of the most talented brothers i've seen play in colleges  no doubt  about it,,,,  sad sad  , but thanks for the memories  wayne lewis  will always be remembered  and he was a real cool person too  ....  thanks  for the memories   .... for all who ever saw this brother i'm sure will have fond memories of him .... R.I P  waynie

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »
Thanks Flex for your article with Gally,it's a nice send off for Wayne from SWO. :beermug:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2012, 05:01:16 PM »
Did Lewis ever play a full international game for TT coops?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »
Did Lewis ever play a full international game for TT coops?
      At the Snr level i would say no,was on some representative teams at Youth level.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2012, 07:11:23 PM »
Coop's what was his nickname? Did he play with bird plucky sacky and those guys? I heard so much about that team from guys like sacky and blip...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2012, 08:51:26 PM »
Coop's what was his nickname? Did he play with bird plucky sacky and those guys? I heard so much about that team from guys like sacky and blip...
      Yes he did.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2012, 09:05:07 PM »
Wayne played with Ron and Len Laforest, Brian Trujillio. Last year was 71 or 72, Plucky, Bird, Sacky played in 74. I think their team won.  Belmont first intercol win was in 69 against QRC in the Oval. I think the score was 2-0. 

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2012, 09:44:47 PM »
Wayne played with Ron and Len Laforest, Brian Trujillio. Last year was 71 or 72, Plucky, Bird, Sacky played in 74. I think their team won.  Belmont first intercol win was in 69 against QRC in the Oval. I think the score was 2-0. 
       Sorry,my bad.Thanks for the correction.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »
SAM...dais shit
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2012, 11:49:24 PM »
       Sorry,my bad.Thanks for the correction.

I think Wayne may have played in one international. He came in as a reserve in some game, I just can;t remember which team. But I think when he left school he played for Malvern first before going to Police. He, Peter mitchel, Spann, Ron LaForest, Trevor Leiba were training with the seniors. But Ron, Peter, Spann excelled more than the rest. Trevor Leiba was also in the jump up for the Haiti 74 squad, but Barclay,Figereau and Devenish Paul were chosen. Trevor later joined Lookloy at Howard. Wayne was a finesse player with sublime skills. Love to play short pass possesion football. But like I said he did not seem to be bother by not playing national football. But he used to be in the savannah a lot with the Glory Guys/Woodbrook/Dundonald st/cipriani blvd crowd.

Whey Trevor?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2012, 01:12:23 PM »
Very nice job Flex. Something to add to the archives.

Your writing skills are really coming along. Careful you get offer a job soon  ;)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2012, 11:51:34 PM »

Laad plucky , sacky, the big big stopper cyar remeber his name , but that was team , them fellas on the wings used to leave men flat on they ass and the whole crowd laughing regardless of which team yuh supporting.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 07, 2012, 04:34:06 AM »
Big write up they Flex, to bad de T&T dailies dont feel the same respect about Lewis.

RIP baller!!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:08:32 AM by Sam »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2012, 01:32:11 PM »

Laad plucky , sacky, the big big stopper cyar remeber his name , but that was team , them fellas on the wings used to leave men flat on they ass and the whole crowd laughing regardless of which team yuh supporting.

Brian "Big Bird" Brown

Did Carlyle Andrews play for Belmont or Tranquil.  Cyah remember.  Big defender dat. 

Sad news about Wayne Lewis.

To put it in perspective....yes people talk about a player being an excellent player back in the day and in the context of the football being referred to i.e. colleges football and local football in general (POSFL, SFL, etc) they were indeed excellent players.  Today's generation of players unfairly tend to get compared to the best in the GAME.  So a Jerrel Britto might be an excellent player in Collges League, but might be unfairly branded a shithong in today's reality partly because he cyah perform like Luis Suarez.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2012, 02:12:40 PM »

Brian "Big Bird" Brown

Did Carlyle Andrews play for Belmont or Tranquil.  Cyah remember.  Big defender dat. 

To put it in perspective....yes people talk about a player being an excellent player back in the day and in the context of the football being referred to i.e. colleges football and local football in general (POSFL, SFL, etc) they were indeed excellent players.  Today's generation of players unfairly tend to get compared to the best in the GAME.  So a Jerrel Britto might be an excellent player in Collges League, but might be unfairly branded a shithong in today's reality partly because he cyah perform like Luis Suarez.

Condolences to the family.

Very true Palos!

Andrews is one player I think would have been an excellent addition to T&T National Teams.
I admired his game and he arrived at a time when our best defenders were enetring the wrong side
of 30. Its a shame we lost so much talent to the US.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2012, 03:50:34 PM »

Brian "Big Bird" Brown

Condolences to the family.

Very true Palos!

Andrews is one player I think would have been an excellent addition to T&T National Teams.
I admired his game and he arrived at a time when our best defenders were enetring the wrong side
of 30. Its a shame we lost so much talent to the US.
        I'm not sure but i think Carlyle Andrews from South,although he played with us i was never sure where he was from.May be you all can clear that up (Tallman).

1]; } ?>