April 19, 2024, 10:55:15 AM

Author Topic: The In Memory Of Thread  (Read 165253 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Another T&T International has passed
« Reply #300 on: March 04, 2012, 11:37:07 AM »
Condolences to his family R.I.P. Merv!

Played small-goal on Iriving park with Merv for many years, He would hold down a defence and for a big guy he had a real soft touch, now again he would beat u with some simple fakes then he would would apologize just to rob it in ;D. a gently giant he was.

................by the BIG SILVER STORAGE TANK  and THE DOWNS TREE?  ;D

Irving Park? What yr would that have been? Played  nuff small goal there, but in the kinda enclosed brick circle. we used the sort of door opening as goal and wicked bounce passes off the walls. Had nuff naps and pres boys skating on they teeth. Chinese bakery by wasa was good for sweet buns and hops after.

Respect and condolences to the family and friends.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 04, 2012, 11:48:57 AM »
Condolences to his family

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 04, 2012, 12:51:41 PM »

Played small-goal on Iriving park with Merv for many years, He would hold down a defence and for a big guy he had a real soft touch, now again he would beat u with some simple fakes then he would would apologize just to rob it in ;D. a gently giant he was.

Irving Park? What yr would that have been? Played  nuff small goal there, but in the kinda enclosed brick circle. we used the sort of door opening as goal and wicked bounce passes off the walls. Had nuff naps and pres boys skating on they teeth. Chinese bakery by wasa was good for sweet buns and hops after.

Afang  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 04, 2012, 10:40:56 PM »

Afang  ;D
Affans bakery best 1/4 hops anywhere and currents roll. Dat enclosed brick circle was close to Sutton st. The real ball was on top the park closer to Keate st. this was in the late 70's early 80's man. breds like Merv & his brothers, brothers Randy (rope) and Murray (scenes), Bully, Val, Pots, Peter and lenny Mitchelle, Squalay, Tony, Bryan, David, Junior,Bomber, Rouse brothers, Sealy etc. small goal was 6 days a week all year round. Lawd those days sweat was sweet and the highest level of small goal ball you will ever find in those days!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2012, 12:49:00 AM »

Afang  ;D
Affans bakery best 1/4 hops anywhere and currents roll. Dat enclosed brick circle was close to Sutton st. The real ball was on top the park closer to Keate st. this was in the late 70's early 80's man. breds like Merv & his brothers, brothers Randy (rope) and Murray (scenes), Bully, Val, Pots, Peter and lenny Mitchelle, Squalay, Tony, Bryan, David, Junior,Bomber, Rouse brothers, Sealy etc. small goal was 6 days a week all year round. Lawd those days sweat was sweet and the highest level of small goal ball you will ever find in those days!
Why six? Allyuh take Monday off?

VB
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:19:06 AM by E-man »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »

Afang  ;D

Why six? Allyuh take Monday off?

VB
Nah Friday's was off day, payday man hitting dollar beer in Vistabella.

truetrini

Passing of David Cumberbatch
« Reply #306 on: March 11, 2012, 11:24:56 AM »
My friend and former T&T Coast Guard Colleague David "Batch" Cumberbatch passed away.

He was trainer and physio for the T&T football and cricket teams, and a former 100 meter runner for T&T.

He joined the TTCG in 1979, and was a fitness guru.

Gone too soon.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:28:44 AM by truetrini SC »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Passing of David Cumberbatch
« Reply #307 on: March 11, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »
Condolences. was he ever involved with swimming and doing hikes all over the jungle and caves in trinbago? He looks like a person from pics I've seen at my sisters place.

The rate you loosing friends, I juss glad i eh your fren oui.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 11, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »
Man look fit like a fiddle. Condolences to his family... he about to take up new duties now  :beermug:

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 11, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »
Through track field I was on teams with "Batch" as physio...RIP
tell them it was me

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 11, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »
Sad news indeed,i know Batch as he was called very well because we worked together in the Physical Training department in Defence Force,thanks for those pics of him it surely brought back some memorys,my condolences go out to his family,RIP Breds. 

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 11, 2012, 05:36:35 PM »
very sad indeed.heard about it this morning.I gave him his first break as a trainer in '89 and after that the rest was history.Every national team wanted him.he was the national trainer for football,cricket,basketball,hockey,track and field and table tennis
Condolences to his family
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:38:12 PM by royal »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #312 on: March 11, 2012, 07:54:17 PM »
He was my trainer first on the national hockey U21 team in 1996 and then until 1999 with the senior men. I've only been as fit one other period in my career. Great trainer, serious but fun personality and an overall good guy. I was shocked to hear that he died. Any idea how?

Rest in Peace "Batch".

truetrini

« Reply #313 on: March 11, 2012, 08:06:41 PM »
No idea as yet...yeah a real decent fella real cool.   I am guessing heart...but I may be very far off.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #314 on: March 11, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
FAREWELL 'BATCH'
TTFF Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and members of the local football fraternity expresses heartfelt condolences on the passing of  David Cumberbatch, past National teams massage therapist and strength and conditioning trainer.

Cumberbatch passed away on Sunday after ailing for some time. Further details on the cause of death is expected to be  released in due course.

Cumberbatch served with several national senior teams during World Cup qualifying, Caribbean Cup and Concacaf Gold Cup campaigns.

He also worked with the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board, the WICB, the NAAA and the Defence Force.

Cumberbatch would also be remembered for always being available to Overseas-based professionals requesting offseason training on their return home every year.

One of them in particular is prolific goalscorer Stern John.

"He was one of those physios who was always there when you needed him to help you keep fit or for recovery training," John told TTFF Media.

"I remember anytime I was back home at the end of the season in England I would do my offseason training with 'Batch'. I think he will be surely missed by a lot of past and present day athletes," added the former Sunderland striker.

The TTFF paid its respects to Cumberbatch with a minute silence prior to the start of its ceremony to recognise local coaches graduating from the TTFF/Dutch KNVB 'C' Licence coaching course at Harvard's on Sunday morning.

The TTFF wishes to acknowledge his longstanding service to its national programs. He will definitely be a difficult shoe to fill. His unwavering commitment to seeing our national teams and players play the sport at the best level of fitness  possible and helping individuals during their road to recovery from injury, will be undoubtedly be missed.

truetrini

« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2012, 08:03:34 AM »
Cunberbatch also had diabetes, and it may well have been that.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2012, 10:18:50 AM »
damn - very sad.. casual friend/acquaintance of my family...I remember sweating small goal with him in my backyard as a kid... Based on that memory he musta been still relatively "young"...

Also he helped me with my dislocated shoulder on occasion.  Always thought of him more as a rehab/physio fella, than a fitness man, but I guess it all goes hand in hand...

RIP David....geez  :( 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 17, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
When I was on the U-20 team I stayed by him and his family. Great guy. Massive condolences to his entire family :( :( :'(
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 17, 2012, 04:51:05 PM »
This news was a real shocker for me as I knew he used to train twice a day every day. I remember him personally from when I was with Trinidad team. 5am down on the base anytime. He was always available and a great personality to work with.

RIP and much condolences.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #319 on: March 21, 2012, 02:14:07 AM »
Do you know that at his funeral, representatives from most sporting associations were represented and paid tribute to this man, David Cumberbatch, except football?

There was not a single TTFF representative present to say anything about the contribution that " Batch" made to football. I honestly believe that he served the TTFF, at all levels, more than any other sporting organisation in Trinidad and Tobago for over twenty years......

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 21, 2012, 05:28:51 AM »
Do you know that at his funeral, representatives from most sporting associations were represented and paid tribute to this man, David Cumberbatch, except football?

There was not a single TTFF representative present to say anything about the contribution that " Batch" made to football. I honestly believe that he served the TTFF, at all levels, more than any other sporting organisation in Trinidad and Tobago for over twenty years......

Unbelievable !!!!!!! ........... and yes he did serve football at every level, the other sports it was just the national senior teams. 

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 21, 2012, 08:28:20 AM »
..Correct observation Flex. David was attached to many a national football team since the 1990s and was an excellent team member. The funeral ceremony was attended by many football people, but the absence of the TTFF hierarchy was further evidence that the characters who run football don't care about people and their contribution, to the sport...as if we need any more...

truetrini

« Reply #322 on: March 21, 2012, 08:34:33 AM »
president, if I may respectfully ask...what, if anything did Jack Warner do for you, or to you?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Player dies after collapsing on pitch
« Reply #323 on: March 21, 2012, 01:33:40 PM »
another football death.

NEW DELHI, March 21 (Reuters) - An Indian player died after collapsing on the pitch during a district-level league match, the All India Football Federation (AIFF) said on Wednesday.

Local media reported 27-year-old Bangalore Mars striker D Venkatesh collapsed following a cardiac arrest at the Bangalore Football Stadium.

With no ambulance around, his Bangalore Mars team mates hired a tuk-tuk (an auto-rickshaw) to take him to a local hospital where Venkatesh was declared dead, one report said.

“Venkatesh came on as a substitute in the second half for his club against South Western Railway in a Bangalore District Football Association ‘A’ Division match and collapsed during the fag end of the match,” the AIFF said on its website (www.the-aiff.com).”

Federation officials, however, were not available for further details.

The death coincides with the English Premier League’s decision to review its medical procedures following Bolton Wanderers midfielder Fabrice Muamba’s cardiac arrest while playing against Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.

Muamba is recovering in hospital.

It was in the south Indian city of Bangalore that top Indian club Dempo’s Brazilian striker Cristiano Junior died after colliding with Mohun Bagan goalkeeper Subrata Paul in the final of the 2004 Federation Cup.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Player dies after collapsing on pitch
« Reply #324 on: March 21, 2012, 01:35:33 PM »
Very tragic news. My thoughts are with the player and his family.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 21, 2012, 02:05:14 PM »
With no ambulance around, his Bangalore Mars team mates hired a tuk-tuk (an auto-rickshaw) to take him to a local hospital where Venkatesh was declared dead, one report said.

Hmm. Those who have ears should hear.

Sad though.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 21, 2012, 02:28:29 PM »
Are these things increasing or just being publicised more? Anybody have statistical data, on this? Seems I'm seeing alot of these cases over the past few years.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2012, 05:38:58 AM »
...Errrrr, what? What does Jack Warner have to do with my comment? Did you ask Flex that silly question? Was my validation of Flex's comment incorrect or improper? Is it that anyone who criticizes the TTFF from an objective standpoint has been "done" something by Jack Warner? Is it that everybody has a personal, selfish agenda when they make a point? Why are so many people are so obsessed with their version of the little picture?...

truetrini

« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2012, 06:18:45 AM »
...Errrrr, what? What does Jack Warner have to do with my comment? Did you ask Flex that silly question? Was my validation of Flex's comment incorrect or improper? Is it that anyone who criticizes the TTFF from an objective standpoint has been "done" something by Jack Warner? Is it that everybody has a personal, selfish agenda when they make a point? Why are so many people are so obsessed with their version of the little picture?...

I wanted to ask you a question and I did, and I asked respectfully. It had nothing to do with your current post and I apologize for any miscommunication.

Even so, I recognize your defensiveness.   And I take offense to your characterization!

Either answer my question or bugger off.

I asked in the spirit of investigation.  The question waqs two fold.

1.  Did Jack Warner ever do anything for you?
2.  Did Jack Warner ever do anything to you?

From your response I can guarantee that if you are honest, it will be that he has done much for you.

Carry on smartly.

I hope you NEVER see power in the footballing affairs of T&T.   When he was doing for you, there was nothing to be heard from you.   NUTEN!

There are so many people in T&T football that rode the tail of Jack Warner to get something.

I suspect that you are of that ilk.

Now before you spout off again about the size of the picture, I suggest you do some research and discover that I am by far...on this message board...and have been for the longest time, the greatest critic of Jack Warner...long before it was fashionable to do so!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2012, 06:49:30 AM »
Either answer my question or bugger off.

I asked in the spirit of investigation.  The question waqs two fold.

From your response I can guarantee that if you are honest, it will be that he has done much for you.

BWDMCID?!!!??

TT after all these years is till cyah figure out if you is ah genius bad man or jus ah mad man oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>