April 26, 2024, 12:58:34 AM

Author Topic: The In Memory Of Thread  (Read 165856 times)

truetrini

Re: Passing of David Cumberbatch
« Reply #330 on: March 22, 2012, 07:38:23 AM »
Either answer my question or bugger off.

I asked in the spirit of investigation.  The question waqs two fold.

From your response I can guarantee that if you are honest, it will be that he has done much for you.

BWDMCID?!!!??

TT after all these years is till cyah figure out if you is ah genius bad man or jus ah mad man oui

Neither mad nor bad Dutty.

I wish he would jes answer and not deflect.    I agree that the TTFF should have had representation at the funeral.

But my legitimate questions still stand.

When Jack was sharing positions etc.  not ah f**king peep from plenty people as their fingers were deep in the pie...now?????

truetrini

« Reply #331 on: March 22, 2012, 08:01:25 AM »
All kinds of FIFA appointments, granted by Jack ,,all kinds, even when these clowns were far from qualified.   steups..now everybody finding they balls and dey voices.

We eh want dese clowns if we really want progress.....thanks but no f**king thanks....move along smartly now.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 22, 2012, 09:07:15 AM »
Do you know that at his funeral, representatives from most sporting associations were represented and paid tribute to this man, David Cumberbatch, except football?

There was not a single TTFF representative present to say anything about the contribution that " Batch" made to football. I honestly believe that he served the TTFF, at all levels, more than any other sporting organisation in Trinidad and Tobago for over twenty years......

Unbelievable !!!!!!! ........... and yes he did serve football at every level, the other sports it was just the national senior teams. 

Y U ARE SOUND SURPRISE?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 22, 2012, 10:16:49 AM »
Do you know that at his funeral, representatives from most sporting associations were represented and paid tribute to this man, David Cumberbatch, except football?

There was not a single TTFF representative present to say anything about the contribution that " Batch" made to football. I honestly believe that he served the TTFF, at all levels, more than any other sporting organisation in Trinidad and Tobago for over twenty years......

Unbelievable !!!!!!! ........... and yes he did serve football at every level, the other sports it was just the national senior teams. 

Y U ARE SOUND SURPRISE?

Even in DEATH, no respect?

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
...Truetrini, I don't know where your hostility is coming from but it sounds carcinogenic. I merely offered a comment in support of Flex's observation regarding David Cumberbatch's funeral service. I was there. Were you? Next thing you want me to answer your irrelevant questions and get all self-righteous and abusive? LOL...do your thing man. Save football from behind your laptop...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:40:51 AM by president »

truetrini

« Reply #335 on: March 22, 2012, 10:53:44 AM »
...Truetrini, I don't know where your hostility is coming from but it sounds carcinogenic. I merely offered a comment in support of Flex's observation regarding David Cumberbatch's funeral service. I was there. Were you? Next thing you want me to answer your irrelevant questions and get all self-righteous and abusive? LOL...do your thing man. Save football from behind your laptop...

I was not there.  So what?   self righteous?  abusive?  I am doing my thing.   Take a rest, I asked you if Jack ever did anything for you, yuh have all kinda tangential statements to make.

My questions irrelevant becasue you eh want to answer.  Just say so. No need to butter bread here, no one wants any.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2012, 11:07:17 AM »
...Who are you that I should answer to you? Continue typing while others actually WORK to improve the local game and to develop young people...Last word to you...Over and out...

truetrini

« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »
steups yuh know yuh benefited now yuh could talk shit about developing young people.  lead by example..yuh fraud!

when yuh was canvasing votes yuh was good to go, now who am I?  haul yuh ass.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2012, 11:26:50 AM »
Seriously, TT ..we have a thread here honoring an individual...take the carrying on outside..this was not the thread for that question, or what does it matter if is Jack Warner himself make a post on the man contribution...careful of witch hunts...any please continue telling me about Mr Cumberbatch..I never had the pleasure of knowing him, doh I think I met him...which area was he from, did he live etc...thanks in advance.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »
Seriously, TT ..we have a thread here honoring an individual...take the carrying on outside..this was not the thread for that question, or what does it matter if is Jack Warner himself make a post on the man contribution...careful of witch hunts...any please continue telling me about Mr Cumberbatch..I never had the pleasure of knowing him, doh I think I met him...which area was he from, did he live etc...thanks in advance.

he's from St James

truetrini

« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »

It was an innocent enough question now...he took it where it went.

Yeah David was a real cool dude.  When Stern and dem came home he was always willing to work with them to help the get back into top fitness.

Served his nation as a sailor, retiring as a Fleet Chief Petty Officer.  Ran for T&T and Defence Force., worked with several T&T sports teams...man among men!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 22, 2012, 03:30:48 PM »
I remember a very strict , overly disciplined person...could it be the same guy? Of course as a rebellious youth this might of be quite exaggerated in my mind. However was discipline his training method ? Of course today I realize the positive values of discipline.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #342 on: March 23, 2012, 02:20:46 PM »
An extremely disciplined man. A stickler for time among a group of guys who were kinda loose in that regard. I had to do a training session with him without socks (very uncomfortable) because he had heard that I was lazy from the team's management. He was one of the trainers at the 1999 Pan Am Games in Winnipeg. I remember Jason Scotland getting a little too familiar (he was still in the Army then) and Batch had to pull him up. He was a good guy though and quite friendly once you understood what he was about.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Italian midfielder died on the field this morning (Serie B)
« Reply #343 on: April 14, 2012, 09:32:38 AM »
Match between Pescara and Livorno...Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini (on loan from Udinese) died of cardiac arrest. All play in Italian league football abandoned this weekend. I started watching the match this morning left and came back only to see the scenes. They tried to revive him on the field after which an ambulance came. He didnt make it. Ill post an article as soon as one becomes available.

RIP
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 09:35:16 AM by mukumsplau »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Italian midfielder died on the field this morning (Serie B)
« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2012, 09:36:39 AM »
Serie B midfielder Piermario Morosini dies after collapsing during game
• Livorno midfielder dies after suffering cardiac arrest
• Pescara v Livorno match called off after 31 minutes

Share 44  reddit this
Staff and agencies
guardian.co.uk, Saturday 14 April 2012 15.39 BST
Article history
Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini has died after collapsing during his team's Serie B match at Pescara on Saturday. Morosini's death was confirmed by Dr De Blasi, who said the player had suffered cardiac arrest. "Unfortunately, he arrived dead at the hospital," he said. "He never recovered."

Morosini, 25, was given urgent medical attention on the pitch after collapsing after 31 minutes of the match. A defibrillator was also used before Morosini was rushed to Pescara's Santo Spirito hospital.

Italian news agency Ansa reported that Morosini suffered a heart attack in the ambulance, and Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport later reported that Morosini died due to cardiac arrest.

The Associated Press reported that the player was conscious when he was stretchered off the pitch but was put into a medically induced coma at the hospital.

"He looked at me in the eyes when he was taken into the ambulance," Pescara's general manager, Danilo Iannascoli, told Sky Italia. "We are living through a drama."

Italian media reports said a car belonging to traffic police blocked the ambulance's way into the stadium and a window had to be broken so the car could be moved.

"I don't know if the ambulance was late, but I know that the entrance onto the pitch was blocked by a vehicle," Iannascoli said. "Morosini collapsed, he tried to get back up but then collapsed again."

The match was called off, with many of the other players leaving the field in tears.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/14/piermario-morosini-collapses-during-game?newsfeed=true
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 09:45:56 AM by mukumsplau »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2012, 09:44:54 AM »
Livorno's Morosini dies after collapsing in Serie B match
The 25-year-old former Italy Under-21 defender suffered a cardiac arrest during a game in Italy's second tier and has now been pronounced dead after falling into a coma

Apr 14, 2012 4:08:00 PM 
By Luke Matthews

Comments
MORE ON :  Livorno, Pescara, Piermario Morosini

Getty
Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini collapsed and died during his side's Serie B meeting with Pescara at the Stadio Adriatico on Saturday.

The 25-year-old fell to the ground in the 33rd minute with medical staff immediately running onto the pitch to perform cardiac massage on the player.

DON'T MISS
Spanish player survives heart attackMuamba 'critically ill' in intensive care

The game was abandoned and Morosini left the stadium in an ambulance, slipping into a pharmacological coma before passing away.
Confirming Morosini's death Dr. De Blasi stated: "It was a cardiac arrest. He arrived dead at the hospital, he never recovered."

Adding to the doctor's words, Pescara president Daniele Sebastiani told Tuttomercatoweb: "Unfortunately, they tell me now that the boy has died. He had three cardiac arrests, one after the other. I have no words, really..."

The incident comes only a month after Bolton's Fabrice Muamba collapsed during an FA Cup game against Tottenham at White Hart Lane, with the midfielder now recovering after having to fight for his life.

Puerta Bonita defender Sergio Granero survived a heart attack the day after the Muamba ordeal during a match in Spain's third division against Pozuela.

Morosini was on loan to the Tuscan outfit from Serie A side Udinese. All games in Italy this weekend will see a minute's silence observed in memory of Morosini, including the game between the Zebrette and Inter on Saturday evening.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/04/14/3036009/livornos-morosini-dies-after-collapsing-in-serie-b-match

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 14, 2012, 09:51:38 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R7C7nAEQCAA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/R7C7nAEQCAA</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 14, 2012, 10:23:26 AM »
what makes the story even more sad is that he lost both his parents and his brother and will leave to mourn a very ill sister...my prayers to her..

the ref paid him no mention and went about his business and medical staffs from both benches had to rush onto the field without his permission to attend to the player

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOp7zBnRzhU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DOp7zBnRzhU</a>
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:55:20 AM by mukumsplau »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 14, 2012, 05:26:52 PM »
These incident seem to be happening more and more, maybe it's the widespread nature of the media, sad sad, RIP
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 14, 2012, 06:54:44 PM »
His last photos from twitter

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2012, 08:47:31 PM »
This was really sad to see, the young man was struggling to stay on his feet.....initially, neither the referee nor the players (save for one teammate) seemed to realize that there was a serious problem, everybody kept on playing....May he rest in peace.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 15, 2012, 02:28:49 PM »
Piermario Morosini's death was tragedy that not only Livorno suffered
Case of 25-year-old midfielder had many similarities with the recent Fabrice Muamba affair, although this time there was no happy ending

Share 96  reddit this
Comments (35)

Fans pay their respects to Piermario Morosini near a banner outside his home ground in Livorno. Photograph: Laura Lezza/Getty Images
The world was not watching when Piermario Morosini fell. Pescara's match against Livorno on Saturday was available to supporters with the right TV subscription packages, but it would require a fairly dedicated neutral to tune in for a game between fourth and 16th in Serie B. In any case, many of those in the stadium did not initially notice when the Livorno midfielder collapsed face first on to the turf midway through the first half at the Stadio Adriatico.

The world would catch up – footage of the fall being posted and reposted across social media sites within minutes of the incident. Minutes that felt like hours to those who were seeing events unfold live, as frantic workers were forced to break into and then move a car that had been left unattended and was blocking the entrance to the pitch, blocking the path of an ambulance that was to take Morosini to the nearby Santo Spirito hospital.

For anybody who had witnessed Fabrice Muamba's fall at White Hart Lane a month earlier, the scene was horrifically familiar. Morosini had been yards away from the ball and in no contact with an opponent when he simply collapsed, his arms falling limp by his side with no effort to break the fall. Unlike Muamba he did briefly seem to regain strength, climbing back to his knees before slumping immediately back down.

The similarities with Muamba's case did not end there, as Morosini received treatment on the pitch from a doctor – Leonardo Paloscia, head of cardiology at Santo Spirito hospital – who had simply happened to be in the stands watching as a fan. But unlike the Bolton player, Morosini could not pull through. He was declared dead a little over an hour and a half later, having failed to respond to treatment on the pitch, in the ambulance or when he arrived at hospital. He was 25.

The match was abandoned as soon as the ambulance departed but as news of his death broke, the Italian Football Federation decided that all of the weekend's remaining games in Serie A, Serie B and Lega Pro should also be postponed. For Milan and Genoa that meant abandoning warm-ups just minutes before the scheduled kick-off in their game at San Siro.

There was no protest from the players – several of whom appeared stricken by grief – but not everyone was happy with the decision. A small number of supporters jeered the announcement, with some protesting on Gazzetta dello Sport's online TV channel that they had spent large sums on tickets plus travel – while also asking why matches should be stopped now if not every time an Italian soldier was killed in action.

If that sounded heartless, it was also unrealistic. This was a tragedy felt more widely and more keenly by those inside the football community than those outside it. Unlike almost any soldier, Morosini was known personally by members of almost every team in the league. A product of the Atalanta youth system, he had been on Udinese's books since 2005 but played for five different clubs on loan and also represented Italy at every level from Under-17 up to Under-21.

From across the country there were reports of players collapsing in team hotels and meeting rooms as news reached them. Morosini's life was one already marked by tragedy – his mother having passed away when he was 15, and his father at 17, while his brother, who was severely disabled, had taken his own life in the intervening year. His one remaining sister is also physically handicapped and is reported to require constant care.

And yet the accounts of Morosini told by his many friends in football are all of a man who was one of the warmest and most cheerful they had ever come across. The Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo described him as a "model professional" while Marco Andreolli, a Chievo player who knew him from the Italian youth team, said: "He taught us how to smile every single day in life, even when the latter seemed to have turned its back on him."

Morosini had acknowledged the difficulty of his circumstances in an interview with Guerin Sportivo back in 2005. "I have often asked myself why all this happened to me, but I never get an answer and that just makes it hurt more," he said. "But life goes on. These are things that mark you and change you. But at the same time they give you the drive to do everything you can, and in my case to realise dreams that belonged to my parents as well as me. I want to become a great footballer for them more than anything, because I know how happy they would be."

Recent messages posted on his Twitter account tell of a happy young man who seemingly found joy in everything – be it an energetic dog, a Tuscan sunset, or an old man singing in a supermarket. In one tweet from just last week he is pictured grinning broadly with his arm around his girlfriend Anna Vavassori, a volleyball player from Bergamo, with whom he had been making plans to buy a house.

For one so full of life to pass away so young is difficult to comprehend. Italian football has long been proud of its heart screening processes – Roberto Mancini had expressed surprise that English systems weren't so stringent after Muamba's collapse – with players obliged to undergo tests at least twice a year.

Such measures have been introduced since the death on the pitch of Perugia's Renato Curi in October 1977. None had passed away in similar circumstances since, with the Italian authorities proudly pointing to the cases of players such as Nwankwo Kanu, who was obliged to take a break from playing and undergo heart surgery after a defect was spotted in a routine examination. A cardiologist, Eurgenio Martuscelli, is quoted in La Repubblica describing the Italian system as "the most severe and rigorous in the world", adding: "it is impossible to imagine checks any more strict than the ones that are already in place."

And yet Morosini's death has arrived within just five months of Antonio Cassano undergoing heart surgery that was only prompted by a mini-stroke he suffered returning from a match at the end of October. It also comes hot on the heels of the death of a volleyball player, Vigor Bovolenta, who passed away last month after collapsing during a match. "In Italy people die of sport," writes Sebastiano Vernazza in Gazzetta dello Sport – noting that such instances are far higher in amateur games than people realise.

It has been claimed, in turn, that it is not the screening but the emergency response which needs to be improved – with Corriere della Sera's Massimo De Luca arguing that every sporting centre in the country should have a defibrillator. "It is not acceptable that we should worry about, for example, the standard of lighting inside stadiums being good enough for TV, and yet not worry about how to save the lives of the participants and spectators," he writes.

In Morosini's case it is not known yet what caused his death, with initial reports suggesting a heart attack or aneurysm, but doctors insisting we will not know until after an autopsy. That has not stopped people from demanding answers. How quickly was a defibrillator available to the doctors on the pitch? Where were the traffic police whose car was parked across the entrance? Why was there not a full-time cardiologist on hand? In other words, could more have been done?

All of these matters should, and will, be investigated in due course. The Players' Association, Football Federation and Minister of Sport have all promised to review existing policies. But the truth is that we simply don't know the answers to any of these questions, and there is a danger that in the rush to accuse we lose sight of what actually matters. On Saturday afternoon a young, bright and warm human being lost his life. And no quantity of blame assigned is going to bring him back.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/15/piermario-morosini-livorno-serie-b-italy

------------------

Udinese look after Morosini's sister
By Football Italia staff

Udinese have confirmed they will look after Piermario Morosini’s sister, who relied on the player for financial and emotional support.

Morosini was under contract with Udinese and on loan at Livorno when he died during Saturday’s Serie B game with Pescara.

The 25-year-old had a very difficult life, as he lost both his parents before turning 18 and his disabled brother committed suicide.

The only remaining family member is his sister, who is also gravely ill and relied upon him for financial support.

Udinese and captain Antonio Di Natale have now confirmed they will ensure Morosini’s sister is looked after.

“He was an exceptional lad, so full of life. Despite all the problems he had, he was always at the disposal of the team and every day gave us all strength,” said Di Natale.

“I lost my mother four years ago and, as he had already been through this, he was very close to me. Watching the images on television was shocking. He wanted to get back up, but fell again. When seeing that, all you can do is pray the Lord will give you a hand.

“He wanted so much to live and find success, for himself, for the family he no longer had and his sister. I immediately said we could not play last night, as it wasn’t right. I compliment Inter and the FIGC for making that decision, as on a day like this football becomes impossible.”

Livorno and his girlfriend Anna released a statement thanking “all those who in these hours of pain have been close to us in their memories of a great athlete and a special person.”

http://football-italia.net/17735/udinese-look-after-morosinis-sister

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #352 on: April 15, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »
This spoiled my morning when I saw the first report. After the questions asked on this site about if the measures at PFL matches are adequate it brings home the stark reality that even superior player monitoring systems and on site medical facilities could not save this young man. All athletes accept the inherent risks in playing sport. Who is prepared for something like this?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Condolences Thread
« Reply #353 on: April 24, 2012, 08:49:05 AM »
Fellas,    
Condolences to True Trini

our Warrior bredren lost his older brother today.

I know you all join me in offering my condolences to him at this very difficult time.

VB
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:44:13 PM by Flex »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

giggsy11

Re: Condolences Thread
« Reply #354 on: April 24, 2012, 08:52:18 AM »
Condolences to TT and his family. Keep the faith.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #355 on: April 24, 2012, 09:03:51 AM »
Condolences to him and his family .

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 24, 2012, 09:04:19 AM »
Condolences to you and de family true
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 24, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »
Condolences to you and your family TT.. Stay Strong
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:28:07 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #358 on: April 24, 2012, 09:26:45 AM »
WOW !!!....

My deepest Condolences brother....

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 24, 2012, 09:35:52 AM »
Sorry to hear, please accept my condolences to you and your family.

1]; } ?>