April 28, 2024, 07:24:00 PM

Author Topic: Zinedine Zidane announces retirement  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Zinedine Zidane announces retirement
« on: April 22, 2006, 10:49:43 AM »
     Reports out of Europe state that ZZ Top , will once again announce his retirement this week, so look

out for that.    I don"t know where  this site rate"s him , but I think I can safely say one of the best

of  his generation and  arguably top  5 leaders in world sport . :beermug:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Zinedine Zidane announces retirement
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 10:55:39 AM »
yuh know everybody have a team on the world stage (b4 t&t ever make the wc), and france was always my team...and zz arguably the greatest out of france....but I ent go put him in the top 5 of all sports...maybe just im football...although  he might get a little fight there too...
but he bring france to the wc..I feel he go pull a latapy (talk bout retire after wc).

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 01:24:27 AM »
Two greats are soon to be done with the beautiful game
2006-04-22

Reports in the Spanish media claim Real Madrid star Zinedine Zidane is ready to announce he will retire from all football after the World Cup finals.

The French star is held by many to be the greatest player of his generation but has now reputedly called a press conference for Wednesday to reveal he will not fulfil the final year of his contract at Santiago Bernabeu.

After already backing away from the international scene after Euro 2004, Zidane returned for the World Cup finals and had already made clear he would be bidding adieu to Les Bleus for good after the completion of the Germany tournament.

However if claims from a Spanish radio station are correct then he is also ready to call time on his glorious club career.

With Los Merengues currently in a state of upheaval after the resignation of president Florentino Perez, who brought Zidane to the Bernabeu as the most expensive of the galacticos for a world record fee of £42 million, the 33-year-old is believed to be ready to hang up his boots.

The former Juventus star's last game for Real could be on May 7 against Villarreal, while the World Cup finals in Germany could provide the fitting send-off for one of the world's greatest players.
SOURCE: www.skysports.com

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 06:19:58 AM »
yuh know everybody have a team on the world stage (b4 t&t ever make the wc), and france was always my team...and zz arguably the greatest out of france....but I ent go put him in the top 5 of all sports...maybe just im football...although  he might get a little fight there too...
but he bring france to the wc..I feel he go pull a latapy (talk bout retire after wc).

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

& he not even from france

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 08:00:43 AM »
The best midfielder I have seen since Maradona.
Most skillful and best technique as well.
I am amazed at Gilette World Cup show, every week they ask star players who would be in their dream team, and there are always 2 names on that list...Cafu and Zidane.

Zidane is the measuring stick you measure all other players by.
Ronaldinho will now be the new master!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 08:52:50 AM »

He was born in Marseille to Algerian parents, so Zindane is arguably the greatest out of france. You know what bounty killer meant stop trying to be a smart ass ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 08:55:27 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 09:33:11 AM »
The best midfielder I have seen since Maradona.
Most skillful and best technique as well.
I am amazed at Gilette World Cup show, every week they ask star players who would be in their dream team, and there are always 2 names on that list...Cafu and Zidane.

Zidane is the measuring stick you measure all other players by.
Ronaldinho will now be the new master!

Ronaldinho is better than Zidane and I'm not comparing present day Ronaldinho with present day Zidane.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 12:56:21 PM »
hold yuh horses jah goal, he heading there, but let him break he foot today and he will be a distant memory ...hardest type legacy... in 10 yrs time.  On the other hand,  ZZ done accomplish every major footballing acomplishiment on his own back.  2 different leagues we talking bout.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 12:59:53 PM »

???...........ummm yes he is.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 04:19:55 PM »

how yuh feeling now :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 08:47:35 PM »
Zidane is a s French as the French flag
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 09:16:01 PM »
hold yuh horses jah goal, he heading there, but let him break he foot today and he will be a distant memory ...hardest type legacy... in 10 yrs time. 

Dread, you didn't just compare Ronnie and Hardest right?  ???
Ronaldo 'FIFA World Player of the Year, UEFA Ballon D'Or, One World Cup Title etc' Assis vs Kerwyn 'I dunno why TrinInfinite is mih pom pom gyul' Jemmott?

Aight...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 09:34:57 PM »
It's not the 1st time I have heard folk say Ronnie is far off from Zidane's achievements, I wonder if that's a factual comparison or more based on emotion, 2 La liga titles, WC title, and perhaps soon to be CL title, how far off is Ronnie from Zizou?  Help meh understand dat one nah. 
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 12:08:46 PM »
He (Ronaldinho) is not far away from Zidane's achievements......he just has not had the career longevity as yet...

Zidane and Ronaldo are the only two players to have won the FIFA World Player of the year award 3 times....Ronaldinho has one it twice, so he's right up there.....

If Ronaldinho continues along the road that he's on, and retires 8 years down the line (the age that Zizou is now)...he would be remembered as one of the greatest ever.......just as Zidane is regarded currently.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 12:29:42 PM »
agreed kicker...I don't think anybody ever said that he would not get there in time...but right now for right now...if you look at it, France wasn't going to make this Wc and he came back...and they did...so right now when you look at greatness and long lasting legacy, ZZ already in the history books. Ronaldhino still have one or two more world cups to win and some other bits and pieces to achieve (which I believe he has the skill to achieve) before you par them.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 12:34:15 PM »
Doh forget we own LATAS aka Magician retiring too!!

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »
Two trophy Ronaldinho say he want to win. Champions leage and lead his team to Win another World Cup. The man does train on the beach every morning to stay fit for the World Cup.

1]; } ?>