April 29, 2024, 07:31:24 AM

Author Topic: NO makaay & seedorf at the world cup  (Read 4021 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NO makaay & seedorf at the world cup
« on: April 22, 2006, 02:58:17 AM »
No room for Makaay, Seedorf in provisional squad

AMSTERDAM, April 21 (Reuters) - Netherlands coach Marco van Basten left out experienced duo Clarence Seedorf and Roy Makaay in naming a provisional 33-man World Cup squad on Friday for the June finals.

Bayern Munich striker Makaay, who has scored only 6 goals in 43 appearances for the Dutch side, lost his spot in the squad earlier this season and is no longer considered as back up to first-choice striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Ajax Amsterdam striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, the first division's top scorer, gets a place in the squad for the first time.

Van Basten ignored the claims of AC Milan midfielder Seedorf, despite a convincing season for the Italians in Serie A and the Champions League.

The 30-year-old won the last of his 77 caps in Euro 2004 and has not been selected since Van Basten took charge after the finals.

The Dutch squad gather on May 9 for a four-day training camp in Noordwijk. The squad will be trimmed to 23 players by the May 15 deadline.

Goalkeepers: Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United), Henk Timmer (AZ Alkmaar), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax Amsterdam), Patrick Lodewijks (Feyenoord)

Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz (SV Hamburg), Wilfred Bouma (Aston Villa), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), Tim de Cler (AZ Alkmaar), Urby Emanuelson (Ajax Amsterdam), Kew Jaliens (AZ Alkmaar), Jan Kromkamp (Liverpool), Joris Mathijsen (AZ Alkmaar), Andre Ooijer (PSV Eindhoven), Barry Opdam (AZ Alkmaar), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Midfielders: George Boateng (Middlesbrough), Mark van Bommel (Barcelona), Philip Cocu (PSV Eindhoven), Edgar Davids (Tottenham Hotspur), Nigel de Jong (SV Hamburg), Denny Landzaat (AZ Alkmaar), Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax Amsterdam), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax Amsterdam), Rafael van der Vaart (SV Hamburg)

Strikers: Ryan Babel (Ajax Amsterdam), Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax Amsterdam), Dirk Kuijt (Feyenoord), Martijn Meerdink (AZ Alkmaar), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (PSV Eindhoven).

i will never be able to understand how a nation full of such talent and technical abilities has had such limited international success ???
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: NO makaay & seedorf at the world cup
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 05:51:48 AM »
Watch out for Dirk Kuijt in this world cup... :beermug:

i will never be able to understand how a nation full of such talent and technical abilities has had such limited international success

Agreed. There is a first time for everything....but I don't think this is their year...

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 06:43:54 AM »
This could be the year of the orange lions!! :beermug:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 07:57:39 AM »
seedorf is a boss player but he is too outspoken and can create tension in a locker room.  i read once where allegedly when he was at madrid he beat up hierro in the locker room b/c "he (hierro) didn't listen when i (seedorf) spoke"    van basten seems to want alot of young hungry players with a sprinkling of experience to balance them out, hence the inclusion of men like davids, cocu, van bommel, rvn, van der sar, gio

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 08:00:34 AM »
This could be the year of the orange lions!! :beermug:

somehow that squad ent looking that strong on paper
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 08:06:39 AM »

i will never be able to understand how a nation full of such talent and technical abilities has had such limited international success ???

Freakazoid I felt the same way until I was schooled by the older heads on the board notably SH.

when you say limited success that is a relative term.

Instead one can point out that for a small country with a not so large player pool population wise, they consistently make it to WC finals at all age groups and make it far. Yes they never win the title outright but look at it from the point of overachievement due to the churning out more and more good youth players and having the technical knowhow. Look at how many good star boys and coaches they produce. They have to be doing something right.

I sorry I cannot make a more convincing arguement...maybe tallman can go back to the old board and bring up this topic. But I was like you and felt that way about the Dutch until I was enlightened  by a more knowledgeable poster in the footballing world.

Reaching where they reach in the various tournaments consistently shows it is not a fluke.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 08:10:42 AM »
seedorf is a boss player but he is too outspoken and can create tension in a locker room.  i read once where allegedly when he was at madrid he beat up hierro in the locker room b/c "he (hierro) didn't listen when i (seedorf) spoke"    van basten seems to want alot of young hungry players with a sprinkling of experience to balance them out, hence the inclusion of men like davids, cocu, van bommel, rvn, van der sar, gio

Wey yuh get dat from fellah, my bredrin from Holland, he know Seedorf and Davids personally and always speak highly of them, so ah doh beleive dat allegation about Seedorf. Respect.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 08:16:28 AM »

Freakazoid I felt the same way until I was schooled by the older heads on the board notably SH.

when you say limited success that is a relative term.

Instead one can point out that for a small country with a not so large player pool population wise, they consistently make it to WC finals at all age groups and make it far. Yes they never win the title outright but look at it from the point of overachievement due to the churning out more and more good youth players and having the technical knowhow. Look at how many good star boys and coaches they produce. They have to be doing something right.
I sorry I cannot make a more convincing arguement...maybe tallman can go back to the old board and bring up this topic. But I was like you and felt that way about the Dutch until I was enlightened  by a more knowledgeable poster in the footballing world.

Reaching where they reach in the various tournaments consistently shows it is not a fluke.

If i am correct- 4 Dutch coaches taking various teams to the wcup this year...Remember how well South Korea did in 2002 - Hiddick was the coach then

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 09:24:37 AM »
The orange good to go.. ALL THE WAY!.. I juss glad them de boer boys eh involved.. I eh to  big on cocu edda. Would have been nice to see seedorf dey..the couple games I saw him play in Ital he looked good. Buh, den dais jus ah couple.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 09:35:36 AM »
supa i get that info from a website that purports to have 'insider info'...the stuff may or may not be true that's why i said 'allegedly'.  i ent trying to defamate his character.  besides, davids and seedorf are two of my favourite footballers. (even tho davids plays for spurs now ::) )

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 10:24:35 AM »
seedorf is a boss player but he is too outspoken and can create tension in a locker room. i read once where allegedly when he was at madrid he beat up hierro in the locker room b/c "he (hierro) didn't listen when i (seedorf) spoke" van basten seems to want alot of young hungry players with a sprinkling of experience to balance them out, hence the inclusion of men like davids, cocu, van bommel, rvn, van der sar, gio

bredda if yuh dont know seedorf doh talk about him, de man had tuh fight against racism in de dutch fa, along with davids and kluivert, hungry players? ??? yuh mad or wha, which midfielder hungrier than seedorf, de part of suriname clarence from is all about hungry football, when he move to holland from parameibo he shine and still, none of dem youth could play wit seedorf or hungrier, yuh talkin garbage, wat u know about dese players ??? schupssssssssss

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 10:31:26 AM »
ras, ketch urself.  i is not no lil boy like jeffers and small mag.  i not disputin that seedorf, davids, bogarde et al had to fight against racism in holland etc. etc  that is a known fact to men who does follow football. i am sayin that allegedly he (seedorf) is an outspoken footballer.   it may or may not be true, i don't know.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 11:15:26 AM »
they all shouldve made de squad because of experience. i cant believe high calibre players like them (especially davids) didnt make de squad.  :o
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 11:33:10 AM »
they all shouldve made de squad because of experience. i cant believe high calibre players like them (especially davids) didnt make de squad.  :o

Davids made the squad

Makaay and Seedorf are boss players, sorry they didn't make it, would have been good to see dem play in WC

apart from de exceptions, look like Van Basten real propping up the Dutch league, real local players there

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 11:34:07 AM »
Van Basten knows what has limited Holland's success internationally, and that is why he stripped the squad of the so-called "big name" players when he came in.  If yuh realize, some ah dem men still playing important and successful roles for big clubs, but he don't want to see them.  De man take a chance with the youth since he took over the helm, and he riding with them for the Cup.  I think he just looking for a few seasoned veterans to mold the youth.  Davids is still good to go, if you ask me.  He does a good job of playing with a very young Spurs side, and I think he does not have too big of an ego.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 12:40:34 PM »
ras, ketch urself. i is not no lil boy like jeffers and small mag. i not disputin that seedorf, davids, bogarde et al had to fight against racism in holland etc. etc that is a known fact to men who does follow football. i am sayin that allegedly he (seedorf) is an outspoken footballer. it may or may not be true, i don't know.

when my uncle used to watch davids and seedorf play in suriname and holland, and played wit seedorf, clarence never was a man who was egotistical, if something not right he'll say, he says tings tuh improve de team, plus he have enough talent tuh say wat de hell he want, van basten i dont agree wit his selection, seedorf and davids in the midfield gives holland dept like u wouldnt believe, if seedorf see something wrong he will voice his opinion, especially when he played with my cousins in holland when dey played for ajax and feyernord, dey knew him well also, davids is a boss, but when yuh so good, u must have a high self esteem breds, kluivert is de same way, but say wha, all of dem and hullit and rikard are all like family to my family, but even so in my honest opinion dey work hard where dey was and at a time goin back to play for suriname bc of the bull with the dutch management was an option.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 12:47:15 PM »
ras, ketch urself. i is not no lil boy like jeffers and small mag. i not disputin that seedorf, davids, bogarde et al had to fight against racism in holland etc. etc that is a known fact to men who does follow football. i am sayin that allegedly he (seedorf) is an outspoken footballer. it may or may not be true, i don't know.

when my uncle used to watch davids and seedorf play in suriname and holland, and played wit seedorf, clarence never was a man who was egotistical, if something not right he'll say, he says tings tuh improve de team, plus he have enough talent tuh say wat de hell he want, van basten i dont agree wit his selection, seedorf and davids in the midfield gives holland dept like u wouldnt believe, if seedorf see something wrong he will voice his opinion, especially when he played with my cousins in holland when dey played for ajax and feyernord, dey knew him well also, davids is a boss, but when yuh so good, u must have a high self esteem breds, kluivert is de same way, but say wha, all of dem and hullit and rikard are all like family to my family, but even so in my honest opinion dey work hard where dey was and at a time goin back to play for suriname bc of the bull with the dutch management was an option.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

waaaaaaay sah!! u have more link an a chain!! is EVERYBODY u no or no sumbody who no dem!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 12:51:39 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

waaaaaaay sah!! u have more link an a chain!! is EVERYBODY u no or no sumbody who no dem!

iz true doh, my grandfather is from suriname originally, him and my uncle who stay and grew up in suriname and played national for suriname, know dem all, as well as my cousins.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 12:55:06 PM »
aight fadda i not doubting

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 06:12:19 AM »
well with the amount of talent they have that squad could be alot better

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 11:49:22 AM »
well with the amount of talent they have that squad could be alot better

Boss. You going off ah Big Names that Van Basten purge from the squad.  That preliminary list have plenty of talent.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 12:33:07 PM »
If you all remember Seedorf's problems began when he refused to play where Van basten asked him to. Now there is nothing wrong with a player feeling he ought to play where he feels he is best but the coach also has a right to decide whether he actually wants that player in the squad. So while I rate him I respect Van Basten's right to select a team that he feels will respect his decisions and play in the way he wants them to without complaint!!

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 03:19:16 AM »

one of the problems van basten has it that seedorf does not defend at all
(the same problem v bommel used to have)
v bommel did do something about it
seedorf did not
exit seedorf

maybe in the back holland does not have big names
look at the rest

midfield: vd vaart cocu v bommel
attack: robben nistelrooij kuyt

and the defence is allso great

kromkamp(liverpool) boularouz(HSV) matthijsse(AZ) gio (barca)

and with v basten as a headcoach I think the dutch have got a serious TEAM,and not just 11 great players.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 03:22:01 AM »

and huntelaar is 10 times better than Mackaay

watch huntelaar this worldcup!
scored over 30 goals this season
more than 1 goal a game
same as v basten, romario,ronaldo,when they played in holland.

1]; } ?>